Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 01:21:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228093 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  LIBERTAD HAS LEAKED - (NO LINKS INSIDE)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIBERTAD HAS LEAKED - (NO LINKS INSIDE)  (Read 41154 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2007, 12:59:59 PM »

For the record I am not bashing Finck or any New GNR member, just simply stating that they don't have the resume Slash has.

Playing covers and a few nice Leaked tracks doesn't qualify.

I think Finck is a good guitarist but until u do something that is gonna be on the radio and our Grandchildren's children will be listening to, U can't make that statement.

So those late to the party

U can LIKE Whoever u choose, that is fine.

But when it comes to who is "Better" there are all sorts of Criteria.

By DEN's criteria someone like Chester Bennington is better than Axl simply based on what he has done lately and that is Insane.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »

ive given a couple spins.

i like it, but it aint contraband

Ditto,

but many of my fave albums are ones that grew on me so maybe in a few days Ill be ranting about how awesome this really is!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2007, 01:17:40 PM »

Scott's vocals on "Get Out The Door" are absolutely amazing. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2007, 01:23:54 PM »

NEVER compare a career Cover Guitarist to an all time legend.

that wasn't nice at all, specially in a Guns N' Roses forum.

Robin is in the place where every guitarist in the world would dream to be, Slash included.

I know you were not the one who brought GNR to the discussion, but your ''cover'' comment was VERY unfortunate. Really.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2007, 02:01:18 PM »

Robin is in the place where every guitarist in the world would dream to be

You got that right. I bet hoards of guitar players are just lining up to spend 10 years in a band only to still be waiting on the release of the first album; all the while being relegated to spending 75% of your live shows covering another guitarists material. If that doesn't scream out the characteristics of a fertile breeding ground likely to produce the next Jimmy Page I don't know what does. With job perks like that it is astounding Slash hasn't come crawling back yet.

We have all had our fun now, why don't we try and salvage this thread from ending up in the dead horse section.
anythinggoes
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2007, 02:21:50 PM »

well im sorry but first listen bored me i thought this was a rock band   confused
mofo91105
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2007, 02:41:38 PM »

After a thorough listen through, I am disappointed with Libertad.  I was hoping it was going to blow the doors of the music game right now, but I think it was too produced in the studio, and not nearly as hard as Contraband. The Last Fight had so much potential to build up to an epic Slash solo where they turn him up and let him go off, but that was simply not the case. Where is the distortion? The crunch? The length of a quality Slash solo?

Gravedancer is great, but I hate how they made it into an 8 minute song with a hidden track (not quite sure if that was the intention, you guys know way more about it than me). Anyways, the track following Gravedancer is horrible, its kind of a mix between Dead Flowers and a country song.

I just think the sound is very inconsistent. Let it Roll sounds like a punk song, She Mine sounds like an STP song, and She Builds Quick Machines sounds like something from Contraband. Just Sixteen is a good example of what I was hoping/expecting to hear. Great song with a great Slash solo/outro. By far my favorite with SBQM and Gravedancer (conditionally).

I hate to rip the album, I was hoping that it was gonna be another straight ahead rocker like Contraband, but I don't find that to be the case. While I'm sure they wanted to go for a bunch of new sounds (maybe not), I think the record sounds too clean for VR. If they turned up the distortion and told Slash to rip more solos, it would have had that VR sound. I love Scott as a live performer, but his lyrics and song titles are a little weird. Maybe the songs will sound better live, hopefully the album does well.
greendog
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »

I love the album.

Contraband grew on me and is a killer album... but listening to libertad i instantly liked it (despite hating the previews first). it has just clicked listening to the album as a whole.

Great work guys! (not that you're reading this)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2007, 02:50:36 PM »

Pills, demons & ETC is my favorite song so far. im loving this......IMO some of slash's solos on here are up there with his best work...slash has really made his prescence felt in more than the usual way

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2007, 02:55:19 PM »

well im sorry but first listen bored me i thought this was a rock band   confused

Well if their goal was to make a lean and rather vicious rock album like Scott said, they sure didn't succeed in that regard.  Lean, yes, rather vicious, no.  See my concerns about this album after hearing the streamed songs and live boots were confirmed, the talents of the bandmembers don't match.  The Slash-Duff-Sorum trio and Weiland are at odds with what they do best.  Weiland just isn't a bad ass hard rock singer, it's not who he is.  Stylistically more of an alt-rock/pop rock type in terms of his vocal style.  Nobody's talent is being fully utilized, and as a result you end up with a pretty normal album and bland album with some strong highlights but the overall package is really ordinary and based on what the band said about it is pretty underwhelming. 
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »

Well if their goal was to make a lean and rather vicious rock album like Scott said, they sure didn't succeed in that regard.  Lean, yes, rather vicious, no.  See my concerns about this album after hearing the streamed songs and live boots were confirmed, the talents of the bandmembers don't match.  The Slash-Duff-Sorum trio and Weiland are at odds with what they do best.  Weiland just isn't a bad ass hard rock singer, it's not who he is.  Stylistically more of an alt-rock/pop rock type in terms of his vocal style.  Nobody's talent is being fully utilized, and as a result you end up with a pretty normal album and bland album with some strong highlights but the overall package is really ordinary and based on what the band said about it is pretty underwhelming. 

i am a massive VR fan but i agree with this guy. scotts been through the mill yes but in a audio he doesnt come across as a vicious singer...and some lyrics can be lame but other are wondefull....so he has talent. but again i agree he doesnt gel with slash and co as well due to his style of voice.

i must say while libertad is a solid album i am disapointed with it after the band members saying the meterial "is killer"

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2007, 03:05:30 PM »

You do understand that youve said the same thing about 7 times in the past day or so?  It seems like you keep repeating yourself to keep up with the positive reviews, but you dont have to.  Your points been made several times.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »

There are definitely a few signature tracks which will represent this album many years into the future when VR begins a tour to promote its fifth or sixth albums. However, as with Contraband, there was far too much filler from my perspective to warrant a purchase of the entire album.  All in all, it met my expectations but doesn't make me believe this band is capable of giving us much more than two or three decent singles every couple of years.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:12:08 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2007, 03:12:09 PM »

LTA gets way too much praise.  It's a boring song that just drones on and doesn't really go anywhere.   I think The Last Fight is much better.   I hope there are no songs like LTA on Libertad.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2007, 03:12:47 PM »

Well if their goal was to make a lean and rather vicious rock album like Scott said, they sure didn't succeed in that regard.? Lean, yes, rather vicious, no.? See my concerns about this album after hearing the streamed songs and live boots were confirmed, the talents of the bandmembers don't match.? The Slash-Duff-Sorum trio and Weiland are at odds with what they do best.? Weiland just isn't a bad ass hard rock singer, it's not who he is.? Stylistically more of an alt-rock/pop rock type in terms of his vocal style.? Nobody's talent is being fully utilized, and as a result you end up with a pretty normal album and bland album with some strong highlights but the overall package is really ordinary and based on what the band said about it is pretty underwhelming.?

Yeah I wouldn't use the adjective vicious to describe this album at all, musically or vocally. ?It is one of my favorite albums of all time, so we obviously have different opinions on what works and what doesn't. About weiland not being a hard rock singer, have you listened to No. 4? there is even a solid number of them on Core.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2007, 03:15:33 PM »

You do understand that youve said the same thing about 7 times in the past day or so?  It seems like you keep repeating yourself to keep up with the positive reviews, but you dont have to.  Your points been made several times.

And what is the point of your post?  To point out that I've made my point?  Thanks for letting me know.  Are you going to point out to everyone else who has made their point, that they have in fact made their point?  That would be helpful
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2007, 03:24:16 PM »

nobody else is repeating themselves as redundantly and distinctively as yourself man
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2007, 03:30:58 PM »

Ok just listened to the album for like 5 times so I guess I can give my 50 cents on it....

Well as a whole the album is pretty good, it has a new and fresh sound quite different from Contraband so it was kinda surprising for me to check this new sound of VR... however it doesnt have any strong tracks like Slither or Fall to Pieces (even though Just Sixteen is a hell of a track indeed... just love it). So yeah, by far I?m simply loving this new album which I think was quite an improvement in the sound comparing to Contraband.  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2007, 03:31:39 PM »

There are definitely a few signature tracks which will represent this album many years into the future when VR begins a tour to promote its fifth or sixth albums. However, as with Contraband, there was far too much filler from my perspective to warrant a purchase of the entire album.  All in all, it met my expectations but doesn't make me believe this band is capable of giving us much more than two or three decent singles every couple of years.

Do you think VR will make it to five or six albums?  I think they probably have 1-2 more albums in them but VR doesn't seem like a band that will still be together 5 or 6 years down the road
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2007, 03:32:32 PM »

And what is the point of your post?

I think his point was... "We get it."

I've been listening to the CD non-stop since I downloaded it, ?I love the chorus of "Pills"!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: