Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:58:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bad crowd response???
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad crowd response???  (Read 8365 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 11:32:03 AM »

My question is this; how come there are so many conflicting reports?

Most of the reviews from both private and public sources are positive and saying the crowd was off the hook. This is the only opinion I've seen so far saying otherwise.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 11:52:38 AM »

I think response is the wrong word (and spelling), G'N'R have been received really well, great crowd response at all shows.
I think what people are trying to express is that the crowd don't behave like they are at a Pantera concert or similar to a G'N'R audience of yesteryear.
Its pretty simple maths, Axl and the group has matured in the show they put on, the front man has aged as have his fans. Its can still get wild  considering the massive demographical span of Guns fans, especially during the heavier songs but for the most part people are looking to take in a good show now rather then good drugs and no memories. Its a nice mixture to have for a band trying hard to please everybody, an impossible task.
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 11:55:21 AM »

Most of the reviews from both private and public sources are positive and saying the crowd was off the hook. This is the only opinion I've seen so far saying otherwise.

Different people have different opinions of what makes a show great. ?

I was at Hammerstein and I don't think the crowd was that great in terms of action. Singing and noise were fine... That's just my opinion. I like when a whole floor jump and move around. Others like to just watch and find all the movement annoying. ?

I've seen and been in GA with thousands of people going nuts (read jumping, pushing, crowd-surfing) and I love it. Some people would hate it. I've also been in GA where I could stand still, have room and just watch the show. ?I didn't like that too much but some people would love it.

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »

Sometimes I go to a concert and I don?t get nut but I enjoy the concert very much. I have never been in a GNR concert and I wish very much to see GNR live. I know that I would be very excited, I know all the lyrics of GNR and I think that I would sing along every song but I really know that I would not get nut. Sometimes when people really love the concert they just concentrate. Many people don?t like specially an artist and however they went nut just to have a good time. It depends on the personality of every person.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 03:09:22 PM »

At a rock show I prefer lively crowd but like others said, each to their own.

The crowd like at download fes (every year)is what I'd call a bad crowd.
Seeing as how they booed the my chemical romance throughout the set, it was miraculous achievement that GNR won them last year.
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 03:31:52 PM »

All 3 shows I saw in Southern CA last year were great performances.

But, as someone who goes to dozens of shows every year, the crowd was pretty passive at all of them.

Inland Invasion people were pissed off at the two hour wait, the place exploded for the first four songs, but people started leaving during the first solo..picked up a bit for Sweet Child, more people left during Heaven's Door...by the time the show was over, the crowd of 60,000 was maybe 25,000...if that.

First Gibson Amp show I thought the crowd was way into it, but then again I was in the 2nd row.  That night in particular things seemed to go well, including response to the new tunes.

Three nights later at the 3rd Gibson show, I was 10th row and the place was pretty subdued for everything except the intro and Jungle.  It was without a doubt the best of the three shows I saw performance-wise, but the crowd wasn't very into it.  You could count on your fingers the number of hands in the air in the front section of the place. Most people just stood there, a lot of folks sat down, even in the good seats.

In the span of the last year I've seen Rage, Muse, The Police, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Matthews Band, Bob Seger and Tool in arena-sized settings...unfortunately, the GN'R crowds were the least enthusiastic out of all of those...except maybe Bob Seger when he'd play one of his new songs and half the place would sit down.

Hopefully when the album's out and they're in the press more the crowds will be more into it, but in my opinion the "late" start time in combo with the long solo stretches really killed the energy at 2 of the 3 shows I was at.  Not that I minded the late start or didn't enjoy the solos personally, I'm just reporting how the general crowd reacted.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
FujiTV
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 04:19:09 PM »

I think if I ever got to go to a GNR show I would probably be staring and concentrating for most of the show. It's not that I wouldn't be into it, it's that I would be really into it and would want to focus on it.  I wonder if that's what some of the people with the so called "impress me" attitude are actually doing. I think people making too much noise over the band (so that I couldn't hear the band clearly) would bug me, and I'd probably be pretty annoyed if people were bumping in to me all the time. I like what Roger Waters said about the audience's role in a concert, something along the lines of "You better stand there silently and listen to the fucking song or I'm going home."
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »

best crowd ever,,, NY Hammerstein all four shows? yes

i agree i had fun.for the 1 night i went.

the one an only horsey !
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 04:27:51 PM »

best crowd ever,,, NY Hammerstein all four shows  yes

I was thinking the same thing. I went the first night and it was crazy. I went to Baltimore in November and the crowd was way different but not bad either.

Agreed, I was at the first night too and the 15th, it was nuts beer

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 06:48:06 PM »

If what Blackrose is saying about Australia is true then it must be a tough place to tour.  If people can't get right into an Edguy set and stay insane for an hour or so there is something seriously wrong with them.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
gnr_oz_fan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2007, 07:13:48 PM »

I thought the the whole night was absolutely brilliant, except for one guy that was standing in front of us that was standing up and bangin his head in some sort of drug induced unco-ordinated frustration. From wha I could see the pit was bouncing for most of the night, from Baz on. You would think that he would notice that he was the only one in the stands that was actually standing. Next time maybe you should think about getting floor tickets...........
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 07:21:50 PM by gnr_oz_fan » Logged
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2007, 07:20:31 PM »

Most people weren't up and dancing   

dancing ? dear god i hope not.

You should've been in Jersey....

/jarmo
Dear God, that was a horrible crowd. And people complain about elsewhere....

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Tonylover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 01:00:12 AM »

I think response is the wrong word (and spelling), G'N'R have been received really well, great crowd response at all shows.
I think what people are trying to express is that the crowd don't behave like they are at a Pantera concert or similar to a G'N'R audience of yesteryear.
Its pretty simple maths, Axl and the group has matured in the show they put on, the front man has aged as have his fans. Its can still get wild? considering the massive demographical span of Guns fans, especially during the heavier songs but for the most part people are looking to take in a good show now rather then good drugs and no memories. Its a nice mixture to have for a band trying hard to please everybody, an impossible task.

You're on the money.

Christina xx
badapple81
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 01:02:12 AM »

The crowd were digging it at both shows I went to. I will say however that on Brisbane 2nd night I thought the show needed a bit more momentum. It was a little stop start with slow songs, fast songs and new songs.. it needed a couple more fast songs in a row I felt to really get the crowd going.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 01:13:58 AM »

I thought the crowd in Jax, Fla was pretty tame.
badapple81
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 01:24:37 AM »

Same, I think they just tend to sit back and enjoy the show and appreciate it. But trust me, you couldnt hear SCOM or November Rain at these shows, the crowd were singing that loud. And the applause after each song was deafening.

Japanese crowds tend to do the same, sit back and appreciate and enjoy the music and not really go too crazy I've noticed.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »

Hopefully when the album's out and they're in the press more the crowds will be more into it, but in my opinion the "late" start time in combo with the long solo stretches really killed the energy at 2 of the 3 shows I was at.? Not that I minded the late start or didn't enjoy the solos personally, I'm just reporting how the general crowd reacted.

I think this is an excellent point. I have not seen too many of the reviews discuss the demographics of the crowd. One would presume that a majority are older fans, based upon their knowledge  of and  love  for the older  songs. Many of those older  folks probably  worked all day, stood in line, stood in GA for hours, and probably had a beer or two, or something else. With a late start, some people may just be tired. I can speak for myself as an "older" fan that once it hits midnight or 1 am on a work night, I am ready for bed. The adrenalin of the show only lasts so long. Once those solos begin and with the start and stop nature of the show, it is hard to remain pumped up for 2 hours or more straight.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »

No crowd could match us fans May 12th, 2006 at the Hammerstein.  It was fucking electric.  From floor to ceiling just about every fan was moving and the crowd energy and volume never fucking wavered!  It was without a doubt the greatest concert of my life.   love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2007, 06:10:05 PM »

i wasnt at the show the other night but it would be hard to top the crowd from Jersey last november as far as being lame.....that was the worst crowd I have ever been a part of, I dont care that it was a sunday night....its no excuse....The show was great though
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2007, 06:35:44 PM »

Next time maybe you should think about getting floor tickets...........
Ph! People should always take floor tickets.  Seats at a rock show are lame...

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: