Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:41:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bad crowd response???
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad crowd response???  (Read 8381 times)
FIZ GRAFITI
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 21, 2007, 05:26:45 AM »

So last night i went to the brisbane show.  Of course it was awsome, axl never missed a note, the boys all played with passion and precision, they absolutely kicked ass.  However.... my girlfriend and I found the crowd very lame.  Most people weren't up and dancing but just sitting in their seats and nodding their heads.  The pit was not even moving much except at the end to paradise city.  Just wondering if i was the only one who found this a bit of a bummer??? But we had a great time anyway, and yes the pills worked a charm, not necessary but made it crazy fun. 

(edited to correct typos)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 07:38:09 PM by Chief » Logged
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 05:58:59 AM »

The crowd in Adelaide was hyped, but more so between songs than during them in my opinion. Of course the majority rocked out to the biggest hits such as Paradise City and Welcome To The Jungle but I was a little bemused that people didn't seem to interested in hearing either any new work or anything that might not have such sentimental bearings. I was really surprised at the lack of people singing along with Bumblefoot's solo and the amount of people who didn't know the words but spiked for the chorus, almost embarrassing for such an amazing song. The biggest surprise was the crowd feeling behind My Michelle, I'm not sure whether it was simply because of Bach's ability to pump a crowd up or not but the whole place was jumping during the song.

I'd give the crowd a 6/10 though at least as the noise during the intro music and opening few songs was great and continued at least between songs for the whole night more in appreciation at witnessing a G'N'R show than rocking out to songs. I'd imagine a lot of people were just happy and awe struck to witness Axl live and were content to just let it sink in rather than bash themselves senseless. A couple of times the band tried in vain for more participation but I doubt they left feeling unwanted or let down thats for sure, The encore was nuts.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 06:18:34 AM »

Maybe the 'nod monsters attacked', I doubt they got everyone though. hihi

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 07:50:16 AM »

I don't know if it is just me, but I find Aussie crowds to be very subdued and have experienced this over several occasions.

Pearl Jam mid 90's not worth mentioning shit show.

Ozzy mid 90's in Melbourne most of the crowd was pathetic especially when it came to his classics like Crazy Train and Mr Crowley, I estimate only 5% were doing the sing along at the start of Mr Crowley. Ozzy noticed that we were. ok

In 2002 saw German band Edguy in Melbourne, when it came time for the encore 90% of the crowd were quiet just waiting, it took vocalist Tobias to come out and ask if we wanted them to come back on before most of the crowd started to make a noise. On the second night when it came time for the encore the crowd started up, and Tobias comes back out ' oh I see you learnt from last night"

Saw Blind Guardian in Melbourne earlier this year and we even surprised the vocalist Hansi with our sing along at the end of "Valhalla". This is probably the only concert I've been to where the whole crowd where going off for the entire show, both the Friday and Saturday concerts.

As for the GN'R shows in Melbourne I was 3 from the front on Friday and it was going off down there, but the seating area seemed to be pretty tame, thats why I go on the floor, sitting down at a concert sucks.
Saturday night I stood back a bit near the sound desk and it seemed pretty similair.

slashBOG
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »

best crowd ever,,, NY Hammerstein all four shows  yes
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 08:21:09 AM »

Saw the 1st 2 Hammerstein shows and I agree crowd was incredible. Also MSG 2004 was great. Vegas HOB New Years 2000/2001 was also incredible. I remember an actual buzz in thr air prior to GN'R hitting the stage. Axl's return was an event not a concert.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »

In some places, the crowd has an "prove me you're good attitude" and won't get into the show too much.

In other places people are going crazy by the music played over the PA before the show....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 08:32:40 AM »

Most people weren't up and dancing ?

dancing ? dear god i hope not.
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

I think most people just want to watch the show.

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 08:39:25 AM »

Most people weren't up and dancing   

dancing ? dear god i hope not.

You should've been in Jersey....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 08:43:17 AM »

As for the GN'R shows in Melbourne I was 3 from the front on Friday and it was going off down there, but the seating area seemed to be pretty tame, thats why I go on the floor, sitting down at a concert sucks.
Saturday night I stood back a bit near the sound desk and it seemed pretty similair.

At the Adelaide gig I was sitting in the section on the right hand side of the stage. Every time Axl even looked in our direction we were cheering/screaming and up on our feet. We were a pretty rowdy bunch. If you watch the Adelaide snippets you can see Axl virtually running towards us a number of times........

It was our mission to get Axl over to our side as many times as possible...... With a demanding, insatiable appetitie like mine.........

One of those magic live show things..... ?Grin

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 08:46:14 AM »

Rock in Rio 2001 waaaaaaaaaaas Amazing!! Smiley

All South Americans crowd are great..
Hammerstein was very good too!
EstrangedBrazil
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »

RIR 2001 was amazing in fact. I truly believe Axl was touched by the response
Tonylover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2007, 09:58:59 AM »

I don't know if it is just me, but I find Aussie crowds to be very subdued and have experienced this over several occasions.

Pearl Jam mid 90's not worth mentioning shit show.

Ozzy mid 90's in Melbourne most of the crowd was pathetic especially when it came to his classics like Crazy Train and Mr Crowley, I estimate only 5% were doing the sing along at the start of Mr Crowley. Ozzy noticed that we were. ok

In 2002 saw German band Edguy in Melbourne, when it came time for the encore 90% of the crowd were quiet just waiting, it took vocalist Tobias to come out and ask if we wanted them to come back on before most of the crowd started to make a noise. On the second night when it came time for the encore the crowd started up, and Tobias comes back out ' oh I see you learnt from last night"

Saw Blind Guardian in Melbourne earlier this year and we even surprised the vocalist Hansi with our sing along at the end of "Valhalla". This is probably the only concert I've been to where the whole crowd where going off for the entire show, both the Friday and Saturday concerts.

I think it's just you buddy.
At the end of the day it depends on who is performing and what TYPE of fans they have...even age plays a part.
I saw David Bowie in 2004 and Prince in 2003 and the crowds were nuts. Prince even mentioned that Australia has the craziest crowds in the world and it would be a pleasure performing infront of them again. So, it does depend on who is performing and the type of fans...

Christina xx
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 10:08:12 AM »

I agree, the Brisbane crowd last night were crap....
I hope the sydney ones are better..

for god sakes, they didnt even sing along to Knocking on heavens door when axl asked them..
And when Frank did the "guns n roses " beat on his drum...
the crowd responded by clapping the guns n roses beat, instead of saying it..
How stupid can you get?

anyways, heres my review of last nights show!! beer

Ryan's Review:June 20th Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Last Time Gnr was in australia , I was 4 years old, and if Age is an issue people, I wont tell if you wont...

OK, I let my motel at 7:40...
Got to the venue, grabed my seat, and Rose Tattoo came on at 8:10...

Let me just say, the speakers sounded great, and very clear, and the dome was excellent, carried the sound very well...
Old Angry Anderson, had a 50 minute set, and during each song , he
talked about how proud of Australia he was, and how proud he was to be an Australian, and talked about how great Adelaide was and the Eureaka? stockade...
and said something along the lines of "Its great to be An Australian, and for all you non Australians you are more then welcome here..."

Understand that he was drinking beer throughout his set, but he looked as if he was enjoying himself saying things like ' we are going to create history tonight, but nontheless, he had a great spirit, and the man is admiral for all the work he does....., on and off the stage...

Sebby Bach came on About 9-9:15, and the guy was having a fucking ball...
He talked about how much he loved Australia, and said something similar to" Im not good at math, but between Axl and myself, We have waited to play in brisbane about 30 Fucking years.....

And the crowd errupted as they do....
throughout, about half way through his set, some asshole in the gold ga standing section (the front mosh) was causing fights between the people around him...
Bach said "stop the show, STOP THE FUCKING SHOW" as the band stopped, Bach said " what are you trying to do, we are all having fun, and you motherfucker is causing shit... Then bach got more pissed... and said "which motherfucker is it , and everyone around him was pointing at him""..

anyway, bach just continued, and then 10 minutes later the same douch bag continued, and Bach stopped again and he said "Get this cocksucker out of here" so the security actually decided to do their job the second time round, and kicked him out, and as he was being "excorted " to the parking lot, bach replied to him "have fun cocksucker in the carparking lot, Bye Bye"...

Crowd supported bach 100% and they all clapped , cheered etc...

Finally, after Baz's set, the wait was about 40-50 minutes off hand (bout 11:15)

then

GUNS N FUCKING ROSSSSSSSSESSSS'''
Do you know where the fuckkk you areeeeee", axls infamous powerful screech erupted the total sellout crowed...
and Everyone just went off.... Ive never seen so many people go so fucking ballistic over 8 words in the english dictionary....

Jungle was ace... and Axl sounded between raspy and good screechy, like husky, perfect voice for the song...

After ISE , and Brownstone, Axl said before Fincks solo...
I woke up here at the venue, about 9:00 today, after last nights show,
and I thought to myself, its time to go fucking home... and when I did Jungle just a few minutes ago, it felt like a fucking big truck running over my head..."

Then the usual setlist, you could be mine...
out to get me, scom... etc, Axl sounded a little off cue , like when he said 2 words of the song quickly, then just saying it one word slowly at a time....

Must of been his ear piece fucking up/hangover who knows, anyways he sounded great....

Then Bumblefoots solo, he did the AUSSIE ANTHEM... really got the crowed going, and everyone was loving it, then he did Back in Black and dont cry, to which he received a warm welcome....

Things I noticed, was the new songs that were played,
the blues, madagascar, better, irs,
People didnt really partake to very well...
They just kinda stood clueless as they watched the heavy rocking bridge in the middle of better....

I think mabye, once the single of Better drops, and the other new songs, people will appreciate more of the new material been played live...

Overall, the Audiences participation , like in Knocking wasn't that good...
Like when axl said "are you going to help me out" people just stood their, and didnt even reply....

Remined me of the rock am ring crowed..
I hope its different in sydney, and Im sure it will be...

Overall, the concert was fucking class, Axls vocals was that high up in the mix, that it was near ear piercing, and they did 2 encores, madagascar and paradise city...

No rocket queen unfortunatly, and no twat, however it was a great night, and it finished 1:30 in the morning, to which I had to run outside and get a taxi before the 1000's of people did...

Overall , It was one of the best days of my life, and I just hope the fucking sydney crowd are better, because on the taxi drive back, I had to share it with 2 people, to which they replied with "the new songs werent that good, they dont sound like gnr,"

and I thought to myself, fucking idiots havent even heard a good demo of it, like myself...

anyways, hope you enjoyed my review,
one more thing, Baz said during "BY MY SIDE" song, EVERYONE PUT YOUR FUCKING MOBILE PHONE LIGHTS ON, IM RECORDING THIS FOR MYSPACE, I WANNA SEE ALL YOUR PHONES' which people only had out for like 50 seconds lol...

Gotta love that man, he tries to get the crowed going, even if they werent that enthusiastic...

GUNS N FUCKING ROSES...

WELCOME TO SYDNEY IN 2 DAYS MO'FOS

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Tonylover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 10:27:27 AM »

for god sakes, they didnt even sing along to Knocking on heavens door when axl asked them..
How stupid can you get?

And people wonder why there arn't many GNR fans left?

I'm sure that's because we scare them away. So... let me get this clear, people who don't know every single detail about GNR arn't worthy of being a fan or seeing them live?? You must admit we treat them like second class citizens. Can't people just go to a concert and enjoy it for what it is? Sheer entertainment. Does everyone have to know every lyric in order to be a true GNR fan...?? I concider myself a true GNR fan and I don't know ever lyric, I just have a great appreciation for their pure talent... 

I'm not trying to single you out, you're just Exhibit A...just bad luck I guess.

Christina xx
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 10:31:54 AM »

How stupid can you get?

I'm sure that's because we scare them away. So... let me get this clear, people who don't know every single detail about GNR arn't worthy of being a fan or seeing them live?? You must admit we treat them like second class citizens. Can't people just go to a concert and enjoy it for what it is? Sheer entertainment. Does everyone have to know every lyric in order to be a true GNR fan...?? I concider myself a true GNR fan and I don't know ever lyric, I just have a great appreciation for their pure talent...

I'm not trying to single you out, you're just Exhibit A...just bad luck I guess.

Christina xx

When Axl said , during the middle of Knockin "are you gonna help me out "

The crowd just went silent...

And Axl basically had to sing every vers himself..

Now , how hard is it to remember the lyrics

Knocking on heavens doooooooor...

Sh!t, I must study that, it took me ages to learn..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 10:32:03 AM »

best crowd ever,,, NY Hammerstein all four shows  yes

I was thinking the same thing. I went the first night and it was crazy. I went to Baltimore in November and the crowd was way different but not bad either.
Tonylover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 10:37:37 AM »

How stupid can you get?

Christina xx

When Axl said , during the middle of Knockin "are you gonna help me out "

The crowd just went silent...

And Axl basically had to sing every vers himself..

Now , how hard is it to remember the lyrics

Knocking on heavens doooooooor...

Sh!t, I must study that, it took me ages to learn..

I'm not just referring to Knocking on Heavens Door, nor am I singling out your post as I said previously.
I was making a general comment that relates to the subject matter of your previous post.

Christina xx
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 11:00:04 AM »

hmmm this reminds me of graspop, great performance by the band, horrible crowd...bunch of metalhead nerds ?rant

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: