Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:52:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Brisbane show June 20th
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brisbane show June 20th  (Read 17569 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2007, 05:45:44 PM »

Anyone going?

Question: is it acceptable for me to wear my appetite t-shirt?

It has a group photo of the original band on the back.

Or will Axl throw me out if he sees it?? Grin

Anyways, looking forward to the show, will be good.? ok

^^going back to the originally -1st- post of this topic:
the Tshirt hopefully didnt get you in any trouble....old band on the back should not have seen by Axl or the new band normally. cause you look with the AFD front to the stage, yeah? they cant care probably anyway as its still THE gnr album in history. and seeing 3/4 of AFD album being played there (+ ycbm and NR being written that time aswell)...it surely must have fit in this show? ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »

Anyone going?

Question: is it acceptable for me to wear my appetite t-shirt?

It has a group photo of the original band on the back.

Or will Axl throw me out if he sees it?? Grin

Anyways, looking forward to the show, will be good.? ok

Do what i did.  I had my Appatite shirt over a New GnR shirt.  If anyone bitches, you can take one off. 
I also wear my SIGNED bandana and a pair of shorts so everyone can see the tattoo on my leg.  And i drive my jeepage with my "GNR LIES" (VA, look me up) license plate. 

Im gloating about my bandana.
But my new thing is that all signatures will now be on my back so i can get them tattood the next day.  im excited for them to come around again....  i should have done it in New York.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2007, 06:17:19 PM »

afew little things i noticed!!
at the end of November Rain, Axl finished it with the intro ok ?he kept his eye on Ron to let him know he was jammin' it out!!

at the end of LALD and i think...Nightrain, Axl was ALL smiles and gave an evil laugh!!

Axl mentioned he and Baz party'd in the building 'till 8.30 in the mourning, and thought......'maybe it was time to go home' ?ok beer ? ?said a heap of stuff and his hangover felt like a fuckin' truck backed over his head' ok ok

Baz stopped Monkey Business when it kicked in to stop a fight, i think at the end of the song he had em' thrown out, Baz had the crowd chant GET THE FUCK OUT to him!! beer
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:24:34 PM by ClintroN » Logged

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Maxi Fisher
Headliner

Yep we're fucked !

« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »

What a fuckin awesome show  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Axl's voice was fantastic and they had the volume CRANKED !!!!!!!
Highlights 4 me and wife - the whole show - it was surreal seeing Gn'R on stage  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

WTTJ - Axl sounded great but we missed the scream due to the hang over I spose
OTGM & Nightrain went fuckin off. IRS sounds really good live and Better had a different part in it where BH's kick ass solo ends on the leak. No CD but and I was really looking forward to hearing it but no big deal - next time  Wink I didnt know that Maddy had drum machines going for most of it - Frank only kicks in to the chorus and stuff. Axl seemed to be in a good mood and even joked "At least he started on time tonight" as well as the fuckstick who threw the beer at him last night. Bumblefoot is in a class of his own in Gn'R, the screens showing him cuttin it up on the fretless guitar were ace.
Once the CD drops Gn'R will be fuckin huge again - the cross section of ages in the crowd was unbelieveable - young, old (me), really fuckin old - everyone fired up ! 
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2007, 10:42:12 PM »

oh yeah, Del James walked past me, i yeld his name n' said have a great time in Aus, he smiled n' said thanx beer

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2007, 01:05:09 AM »

Glad you had a great time, mates.

ClintroN, what do you mean by finished November Rain with the intro? Did he play the old intro when he finished the song?
oh, and Axl's voice raspy all the time or not yet? I think his voice isn't totally ready to the whole world tour though.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
waxlrick
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2007, 02:26:01 AM »

Review,

Ok Axl really brought his A game tonight. He was pullin out all the moves right from the get go.  It was the Axl we all know and love. As has been mention he was really hung over. He said that due to the prevoius night not going really well that "Like an idiot, I decided to drown my sorrows". When Baz came out he asked him over the mic if he was just as hung over? Baz said he was rolling around on the floor in Axl's dressing room at 8.30am. They did go on earlier tonight. About 11.30pm. This made such a difference and I think it was the right thing to do especially after the previous nights developments.

His voice was awsome again and considering he was backing up from the previous night when he didn't hold back vocally, and badly hungover, it really demonstrates what a freak he is. I dont care what anyone says, his voice is better than ever live. I was sitting half way back on the balcony (with my Wife) tonight so I really got the full effect of the sound. I can honestly say that it was without doubt the LOUDEST rock concert if have ever been to. Which is how it should be for GNR. Our ears were ringing even at that distance!!!

It was a sellout so the crowd was considerably larger but even more so than I expected. The crowd was into the whole concert and everyone applauded the new songs even though 99.5% wouldn't known what the fuck they were singing. All of the new songs have such good beats that people were bopping along regardless.

The band are great. Sure they are not the original band but they are the next best thing. They play tight and the solos e.t.c that they play not only showcase their skill but more importantly give Axl a chance to rest his voice between songs. Which I can appreciate since just about every song requires him to sing loud and at his full register. I don't know of any other singer who does it like Axl. From what I can see the band are wearing the same wardrobe as 2006 which still looks cool. Axl looks fit. I think he is at his best weight. Not too thin like the earlier days but slimmer the RIR3. Facially, he looks like he did during the Illusion era when he had the facial hair. This look suites him best. As for the rest of the band I think they could all use a little extra meat. Forteus, Bubblefoot, tommy (looks sickly) and Dizzy look so fuck'in skinny. Bumble foot and Tommy really seemed to have lost weight. I am comparing Tommy to how he looked on the RIR3 footage though. Bubblefoots blow dried hair look makes him look like Ritchy Sambora. Not good. He has gotta put some gel in that bitch.

Had GNR dropped one of the new songs as a single before this tour I think it would have made a huge difference for the crowd but in saying that everyone seemed to be into the show. People did start leaving 3/4 through the set and there was a mass exitist after Night Train when Axl said good night. But this was mainly due to the fact that it was a school night. I paid attention to the people leaving and it was mostly couples, indicting to me that either one may have had to work the next day.

All in all this was the type of show I have waited 14 years to see. Axl delivered. My wife loved it too. It was funny because I have force fed her GNR since the day we met and she knows all the words to the new songs and was singing along with me while the old school fans didn't have a clue......unfortunately for them.

When the house lights came on a couple of older birds behind us were crying and saying "we need more Axl". A fitting ending I thought. I will guarantee this, if and when the new album comes out, just about everyone who went last night will buy it. The show had a great vibe.

Next stop Sydney. Yeeh Haaa!!!

ok
waxlrick
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2007, 02:34:33 AM »

ClintroN, what do you mean by finished November Rain with the intro? Did he play the old intro when he finished the song?
oh, and Axl's voice raspy all the time or not yet? I think his voice isn't totally ready to the whole world tour though.

Yep. He played the new intro at the start. But finished with an older intro I think it was the 2002 one? Then as he stood up from the piano he started singing into the mic in a jazzy voice. It sounded like the tune of "Hey babe, take a walk on the wild side" but I think he changed the lyrics and was singing about Ron or Tommy. Cant quite remember? Sounded cool. Then he said to the crowd "That was very advant garde". It's the new Matallica. Crowd laughed.

Don't worry about his voice!! I have a very finely tuned ear to Axls voice. I know his bad shows, I know his good shows. I know his bad years, I know his good years. His voice is better than ever. I dont know what he has done, but he has developed beyond what it has ever been. He may still have the occassional bad day and eventhough he is a freak of nature, he is still human and it will fatigue from time to time. But not on this tour baby!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 02:36:23 AM by waxlrick » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2007, 02:44:06 AM »

Your right about it being a COMPLETELY different experience live...he sounds 10000 times better in person then on any bootleg.  As much as I hate hes not backing his album and actually talking about it at least a little, I still love the fact that hes touring and for the most part staying in a good mood night in and night out.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2007, 05:10:44 AM »

Great reviews people!

Some one get Axl a Berocca! (Vitamin B dude)!  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2007, 05:23:35 AM »

like waxlrick said, and he's right, it was the 2002 intro, and it looked like non of the band where expectin' it either, but it worked like a charm beer beer

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2007, 06:20:59 AM »

Thanks for the review, waxlrick, it sounds like you had a night to remember.? Have fun in Sydney.? ?Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2007, 10:17:41 AM »

Ryan's Review:June 20th Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Last Time Gnr was in australia , I was 4 years old, and if Age is an issue people, I wont tell if you wont...

OK, I let my motel at 7:40...
Got to the venue, grabed my seat, and Rose Tattoo came on at 8:10...

Let me just say, the speakers sounded great, and very clear, and the dome was excellent, carried the sound very well...
Old Angry Anderson, had a 50 minute set, and during each song , he
talked about how proud of Australia he was, and how proud he was to be an Australian, and talked about how great Adelaide was and the Eureaka? stockade...
and said something along the lines of "Its great to be An Australian, and for all you non Australians you are more then welcome here..."

Understand that he was drinking beer throughout his set, but he looked as if he was enjoying himself saying things like ' we are going to create history tonight, but nontheless, he had a great spirit, and the man is admiral for all the work he does....., on and off the stage...

Sebby Bach came on About 9-9:15, and the guy was having a fucking ball...
He talked about how much he loved Australia, and said something similar to" Im not good at math, but between Axl and myself, We have waited to play in brisbane about 30 Fucking years.....

And the crowd errupted as they do....
throughout, about half way through his set, some asshole in the gold ga standing section (the front mosh) was causing fights between the people around him...
Bach said "stop the show, STOP THE FUCKING SHOW" as the band stopped, Bach said " what are you trying to do, we are all having fun, and you motherfucker is causing shit... Then bach got more pissed... and said "which motherfucker is it , and everyone around him was pointing at him""..

anyway, bach just continued, and then 10 minutes later the same douch bag continued, and Bach stopped again and he said "Get this cocksucker out of here" so the security actually decided to do their job the second time round, and kicked him out, and as he was being "excorted " to the parking lot, bach replied to him "have fun cocksucker in the carparking lot, Bye Bye"...

Crowd supported bach 100% and they all clapped , cheered etc...

Finally, after Baz's set, the wait was about 40-50 minutes off hand (bout 11:15)

then

GUNS N FUCKING ROSSSSSSSSESSSS'''
Do you know where the fuckkk you areeeeee", axls infamous powerful screech erupted the total sellout crowed...
and Everyone just went off.... Ive never seen so many people go so fucking ballistic over 8 words in the english dictionary....

Jungle was ace... and Axl sounded between raspy and good screechy, like husky, perfect voice for the song...

After ISE , and Brownstone, Axl said before Fincks solo...
I woke up here at the venue, about 9:00 today, after last nights show,
and I thought to myself, its time to go fucking home... and when I did Jungle just a few minutes ago, it felt like a fucking big truck running over my head..."

Then the usual setlist, you could be mine...
out to get me, scom... etc, Axl sounded a little off cue , like when he said 2 words of the song quickly, then just saying it one word slowly at a time....

Must of been his ear piece fucking up/hangover who knows, anyways he sounded great....

Then Bumblefoots solo, he did the AUSSIE ANTHEM... really got the crowed going, and everyone was loving it, then he did Back in Black and dont cry, to which he received a warm welcome....

Things I noticed, was the new songs that were played,
the blues, madagascar, better, irs,
People didnt really partake to very well...
They just kinda stood clueless as they watched the heavy rocking bridge in the middle of better....

I think mabye, once the single of Better drops, and the other new songs, people will appreciate more of the new material been played live...

Overall, the Audiences participation , like in Knocking wasn't that good...
Like when axl said "are you going to help me out" people just stood their, and didnt even reply....

Remined me of the rock am ring crowed..
I hope its different in sydney, and Im sure it will be...

Overall, the concert was fucking class, Axls vocals was that high up in the mix, that it was near ear piercing, and they did 2 encores, madagascar and paradise city...

No rocket queen unfortunatly, and no twat, however it was a great night, and it finished 1:30 in the morning, to which I had to run outside and get a taxi before the 1000's of people did...

Overall , It was one of the best days of my life, and I just hope the fucking sydney crowd are better, because on the taxi drive back, I had to share it with 2 people, to which they replied with "the new songs werent that good, they dont sound like gnr,"

and I thought to myself, fucking idiots havent even heard a good demo of it, like myself...

anyways, hope you enjoyed my review,
one more thing, Baz said during "BY MY SIDE" song, EVERYONE PUT YOUR FUCKING MOBILE PHONE LIGHTS ON, IM RECORDING THIS FOR MYSPACE, I WANNA SEE ALL YOUR PHONES' which people only had out for like 50 seconds lol...

Gotta love that man, he tries to get the crowed going, even if they werent that enthusiastic...

GUNS N FUCKING ROSES...

WELCOME TO SYDNEY IN 2 DAYS MO'FOS

posted in wrong thread befire, so there it is...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:29 PM »

Thanks for the reviews ClintroN Maxi Fisher, waxlrick, and Gunns1 for the Ryan's one.

You put professional reviewers to shame.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2007, 05:30:43 PM »

great reads - all of em.  you have all described/reviewed it really well -thank you!
badapple81
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2007, 11:37:51 PM »

Axl sounded awesome. Sebastian also sounded the best I heard him so far. He sang so smooth on songs like I Remember You but then he did his screams so well.
badapple81
« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2007, 12:21:48 AM »

Did anyone hear Axl say, before IRS, "now we are going to play a song by Metallica?"  Cheesy
waxlrick
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2007, 05:19:37 AM »

Did anyone hear Axl say, before IRS, "now we are going to play a song by Metallica?"? Cheesy

No it was after the piano jam. He siad "That was the new Metallica" ok
Sherply
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2007, 12:38:24 AM »

I'm sorry if this's already been discussed before, but I just read this article"ROSE FUMES AFTER FAN THROWS DRINK AT HIM", and it's tremendously different from the review above posted by concert-goers. Huh Can someone clear things up for me? nervous
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 12:43:05 AM by Sherply » Logged
waxlrick
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2007, 01:31:32 AM »

I'm sorry if this's already been discussed before, but I just read this article"ROSE FUMES AFTER FAN THROWS DRINK AT HIM", and it's tremendously different from the review above posted by concert-goers. Huh Can someone clear things up for me? nervous

Thats about right. How does it differ from the other posts? Someone threw a drink. Axl got pissed off and let it effect his mood for the first 3/4 of the concert.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: