Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My Brother Went To The After-Party On Saturday Night
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Brother Went To The After-Party On Saturday Night  (Read 6412 times)
sukeberon
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: June 18, 2007, 10:03:28 PM »

I'm an Aussie living here in Japan. I'll be at the one of the Tokyo shows and the Nagoya gig, so I will supply you guys with updates...

Anyway, I've got a story that you might be interested in...

A couple of days ago, I called my brother to find out how the first Melbourne concert went and the first words he said was "have I got a fucking story to tell you..."

He said the concert kick arse to the highest degree, telling me how Axl was in top form and had the crowd in the palm of his hand and how much the new band kicked arse.

But, I knew his story was far from over... As I could tell from his voice that he had managed to do something unbelievable...

Then he dropped it on me... The lucky bastard somehow got his way into the after-party... He ended up hanging out with a heap of band members.

He said the guys were all really cool and super-friendly, sharing jokes and having a great time...

Robin spoke about his love of Australia and briefly talked about his last tour of Australia with NIN for the Big Day Out. My brother mentioned how cool his new look was, which Robin really seemed to enjoy hearing. He actually rolled his eyes the moment my brother mentioned his old half shaven head style.

He said Bumblefoot was a really down-to-earth, geniune, nice guy. He mentioned how he absolutely loves touring and meeting up with the fans...

He only briefly spoke to Richard, talking a bit about his guitar playing and Richard mentioed how great the crowds have been in Australia so far...

But, the highlight of his night was meeting Dizzy... He said the guy was super-cool... Dizzy actually came up and started speaking to my brother by asking for his name... My brother was really impressed with Dizzy's Angie solo telling Dizzy that he's now seriously thinking about taking up the piano after hearing the sound he was able to create... Anyway, Dizzy said something to the tune of "You won't believe how much that means to hear someone say that..." He then noticed that my brother didn't have a drink in his hand so he went to get one for him... However, before he could come back with the drink some others had approached him for a chat, signatures etc...

About an hour later Dizzy came back apologising, still remembering my brother's name, which impressed the hell out of him... They then spoke about the last infamous tour of Australia, when GNR played at Calder Park, just outside of Melbourne and Dizzy's website.

Unfortunately, he didn't get to meet Axl, who was his and my childhood hero growing up.  Axl, Baz etc were in the next room but it was protected by security guards and you could apparently only get in accompanied by a band member. However, he said wouldn't have known what to say to the great man, even if he had met him...

I can?t wait for them to come to Japan and hopeful get the chance to meet them also?

Below are some pics...  Sorry about the small sizes and crappy quality...

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »

That's very cool for your brother!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 10:15:19 PM by AdZ » Logged
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

Very cool man, your brother is lucky guy!

I am impressed after reading what your brother told you about Dizzy... what a great guy, and an amazing musician.

I could piss my pants if a GNR member calls me by my name and offers me a drink.

i am laughing my ass off imagining Robin rolling his eyes with the 02 look comment  rofl
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 10:13:50 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Christian
VIP

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 10:12:14 PM »

man..
your brother is a lucky boy..
really cool meeting the bandmembers!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 10:45:32 PM »

Amazing... Excelnt...

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 11:01:19 PM »

Amazing... Excelnt...

HBK *

indeed, vry excelnt  peace

cool story
RJ1221
Rocker

5 dolla Spock bill!

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:06:52 PM »

ver very jealous

so cool
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:13:30 PM »

do you think that the guys in the band would get pissed if you asked them when the albums coming out Huh

very cool story btw, good read ok

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 04:11:10 AM »

Great story . What a bunch of down to Earth guys .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
axl75
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 06:46:05 AM »

that is so cool hope that happens to me on 23rd  beer beer
ben9785
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 07:01:32 AM »

That is an amazing story.. So many people have been lucky to meet the guys.. I would be absolutely ecstatic just to meet any one of them in Sydney.. Sad
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 08:25:14 AM »

Sweet! Dizzy is the greatest!
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

very kool story.i like dizzy even more now.

the one an only horsey !
hiromi
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »

sweet!

hey sukeberon, see ya in Tokyo! I'll be there at Makuhari and Budokan also.yay! ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 02:26:16 PM »

Pre show Fan meetings in Tokyo?

thanks for sharing sukeberon.

do you think that the guys in the band would get pissed if you asked them when the albums coming out Huh

Can't speak for others but I for one am very pissed to see this kinda comment every time someone shares a cool story like this one.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 02:50:31 PM »

Can't speak for others but I for one am very pissed to see this kinda comment every time someone shares a cool story like this one.

Then you get pissed TOO easy!  If I met those guys I probably wouldn't ask and they certainly wouldn't give any details away, but it IS a legitimate question! 
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 03:12:58 PM »

It's cool that Robin doesn't take himself too seriously...
I think his new "style" is a much better fit for GNR
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 04:10:53 PM »

Then you get pissed TOO easy!  If I met those guys I probably wouldn't ask and they certainly wouldn't give any details away, but it IS a legitimate question! 

Nape. the attempt to spoil the fun of the fan that met the band is nothing  legitimate.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »

Then you get pissed TOO easy!? If I met those guys I probably wouldn't ask and they certainly wouldn't give any details away, but it IS a legitimate question!?

Nape. the attempt to spoil the fun of the fan that met the band is nothing? legitimate.

How can that spoil the fun!?!?!? If I met the guys, nothing you could say would be able to put a damper on that!? I'm not saying that it's not a stupid question, it is.? And I'm not saying I would ask it, I wouldn't.? But really if you meet the GN'R camp, and someone asks you a question, and as a result the fun you had is now spoiled, then that is YOUR problem - not the guy that asked a question that he KNOWS he won't get an answer to!? And it doesn't ruin the story, either.  I still read every post in this thread, and obviously you did too.  Some posts better than others, but the only ones that really counted are the ones that were posted by the guy telling the story!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 04:41:32 PM by bodine » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 04:55:50 PM »

After seeing the same stupid question every time someone tells a cool encounter with the band, You are yet to get sick of it?

The question is basically saying that the fan should have asked them when the albums coming out.
I don't think they had to.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: