Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:25:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  George W. Bush- What will he do once he leaves office?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: George W. Bush- What will he do once he leaves office?  (Read 7219 times)
GeraldFord
« on: June 18, 2007, 06:25:41 AM »

I don't think any future GOP candidates will ask him to campaign for them, or any future presidents (Dems or Republicans) will ask him for advice. I think maybe he may lecture at some Christian-Right-Wing Universities.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 06:48:10 AM »

In many ways the Republicans will treat George W. in 2008 like the Dems treated the disgraced former Prez Clinton in 2000.  If I'm not mistaken though, he may be kept more under wraps due to the severely low popularity he has now and is likely to continue into '08. 

Although, "W" is hugely popular in Albania!!!  I saw it on the news the other night.  How many electoral votes does Albania carry?   hihi 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GeraldFord
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 09:05:56 AM »

In many ways the Republicans will treat George W. in 2008 like the Dems treated the disgraced former Prez Clinton in 2000.? If I'm not mistaken though, he may be kept more under wraps due to the severely low popularity he has now and is likely to continue into '08.?

Although, "W" is hugely popular in Albania!!!? I saw it on the news the other night.? How many electoral votes does Albania carry?? ?hihi?

While Gore didn't use Clinton as much as he could have, he still did use him in 2000. And Bill Clinton's popularity, even durring Monicagate, was still pretty high, as it is now. Bush's aproval rating is now at 29 percent.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 09:38:19 AM »

hopefully vanish from the face of the earth

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:50:32 AM »

history will show he did the right thing
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 09:54:51 AM »

haha, i hope you're kidding
history won't be kind to george w. bush, trust me

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
GeraldFord
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 09:57:51 AM »

Rigggggggggght.  ok

When everything is falling apart, that's the best a Bush apologist can offer..."History will show...."
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »

Rigggggggggght.  ok

When everything is falling apart, that's the best a Bush apologist can offer..."History will show...."

I did not say anything about an apologistic view.

How about Nixon?
At the time many people hated him, but its quite obvious you respect him more than George W. Bush. So that must mean you believe Nixon was a better president, and at the time of his administration is was difficult to imagine a worse one. The same is true of George Bush. Chances are there will be a worse president than him, maybe in 2008 (if Hilary Clinton wins  hihi ).

So according to your views, history will show he was an ok president - maybe even slightly mediocre - because the worst is yet to come.
Casey Shelton
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »

George W. Bush- What will he do once he leaves office?

Watch cartoons.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 10:54:04 AM »

^^ not to change the topic of this thread, but I really don't' think you're right at all.  There is NOTHING good about the Bush presidency.  I fear the F-up in Iraq is the beginning of the end to America as the worlds super power.  its cost of billions of dollars, the worlds respect and allowed us to fall behind while real, other threats have gone virtually unchecked (china, iran, chavez, etc....).  We had them beat in Afghanistan and then Bush gave OBL exactly what he wanted, a "war" we couldn't win on Arab soil (much like the soviet/Afghanistan conflict).

Anyways, I think Bush will become Carter like.  Kinda lay low, do his own thing and then speak up in the future the next time someone fucks up more than he did Wink

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »

Probably be indicted .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 11:11:32 AM »

Maybe he can convince Cheney to get his buddies at Haliburton to give him an adviser job or something. ?Then he can set back and draw those sweet millions!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 11:11:49 AM »

Surf the "internets".
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 12:35:17 PM »

How about Nixon?
At the time many people hated him, but its quite obvious you respect him more than George W. Bush. So that must mean you believe Nixon was a better president, and at the time of his administration is was difficult to imagine a worse one. The same is true of George Bush. Chances are there will be a worse president than him, maybe in 2008 (if Hilary Clinton wins  hihi ).

So according to your views, history will show he was an ok president - maybe even slightly mediocre - because the worst is yet to come.

What kind of argument is this?

There might be a worse president in the future = he did the right thing?  Thats an equation worthy of a Bush supporter I suppose.
GeraldFord
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 12:39:29 PM »

Rigggggggggght.? ok

How about Nixon?
At the time many people hated him, but its quite obvious you respect him more than George W. Bush. So that must mean you believe Nixon was a better president, and at the time of his administration is was difficult to imagine a worse one. The same is true of George Bush. Chances are there will be a worse president than him, maybe in 2008 (if Hilary Clinton wins? hihi ).

My SN (RichardNixon) is a joke; more than anything else.

But to answer your question, Nixon was a far better President. He was born into a working-class family that knew hardship, he understood that value of hard-work. He achieved the American dream and rose to the highest office because of it. Bush is just a screw-up who has been handed everything, including the presidency. He has no sense of what Americans really go though--at least Nixon did. Nixon wanted universal health care and a negative income tax because he at least wanted to give people a break. Something like that would be unheard of now in the GOP, that would be even too liberal for most democrats. Plus Nixon also visited China, opening up diplomatic relations after years of silence.

Nixon made some mistakes; obviously prolonging the war in Vietnam, for which a case could be made that he committed war crimes. But remember that Nixon was handed Vietnam, he didn't invade a country on false pretenses the way Bush did.

At the end of the day, you can look at Nixon and see a legacy--both good and bad. Bush is nothing but a failure, an absolute failure.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:42:23 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 12:43:27 PM »

^^ not to change the topic of this thread, but I really don't' think you're right at all.? There is NOTHING good about the Bush presidency.? I fear the F-up in Iraq is the beginning of the end to America as the worlds super power.? its cost of billions of dollars, the worlds respect and allowed us to fall behind while real, other threats have gone virtually unchecked (china, iran, chavez, etc....).? We had them beat in Afghanistan and then Bush gave OBL exactly what he wanted, a "war" we couldn't win on Arab soil (much like the soviet/Afghanistan conflict).

Anyways, I think Bush will become Carter like.? Kinda lay low, do his own thing and then speak up in the future the next time someone fucks up more than he did Wink

You lost me at Chavez. How is he a threat to the United States?
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 12:59:16 PM »

More cocaine.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »

He will finally get to read the rest of "My Pet Goat".  It's also a safe bet that he will continue to walk around with that shit eating grin on his face like he really accomplished something and talking to Jesus.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 01:42:28 PM »

Well I'm sure the right wing will do what they've always done and rewrite history, so you may very well turn out to be correct.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 01:54:32 PM »

^^ not to change the topic of this thread, but I really don't' think you're right at all.  There is NOTHING good about the Bush presidency.  I fear the F-up in Iraq is the beginning of the end to America as the worlds super power.  its cost of billions of dollars, the worlds respect and allowed us to fall behind while real, other threats have gone virtually unchecked (china, iran, chavez, etc....).  We had them beat in Afghanistan and then Bush gave OBL exactly what he wanted, a "war" we couldn't win on Arab soil (much like the soviet/Afghanistan conflict).

Anyways, I think Bush will become Carter like.  Kinda lay low, do his own thing and then speak up in the future the next time someone fucks up more than he did Wink

You lost me at Chavez. How is he a threat to the United States?

i wouldn't say hes a legitimate threat (at least right now) but hes been VERY vocal with in his dislike for the US and Bush.  Its easy to blow him off as nothing, but i'm sure thats what many did with the terrorist threats before 9-11.  Anyways, the point of my post was that this was has been a terrible distraction and waste of valuable resources and lives.  the rest of the world is moving forward and passing us by while we are stuck in the shitstorm that is Iraq. 

It'd be one thing if this was Bush's only fuck up but there are just SO many things to list:

katrina
the corrupt congress
gonzalez

feel free to add, i know there is TONS i'm leaving off (but i have work to do now so....)

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: