Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:31:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Met VR yesterday :-)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Met VR yesterday :-)  (Read 19800 times)
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »

Why do you demand everyone answer your questions when you can't answer any of ours? Fuck off? Jeez, you're testy.

So I'll ask again, why do you even bother with a VR forum if you're going to have such a double standard?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2007, 07:12:18 PM »

So I'll ask again, why do you even bother with a VR forum if you're going to have such a double standard?

I'm gonna have to try to spell it out for you again:

- This is a Guns N' Roses site.

- If you love Guns N' Roses, you're welcome.

- This is not a Velvet Revolver site.

- If you love Velvet Revolver and hate Guns N' Roses, maybe you're on the wrong site.

- If you love Guns N' Roses and are interested in Velvet Revolver, you can post in this section. *

* Doesn't mean you have to love them because as mentioned above, this is not a Velvet Revolver site. They have their own fan sites where you can spend your time if the above is an issue for you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »

- This is a Guns N' Roses site.

I know.

- If you love Guns N' Roses, you're welcome.

Good, I love Guns N' Roses.

- This is not a Velvet Revolver site.

I know.

- If you love Velvet Revolver and hate Guns N' Roses, maybe you're on the wrong site.

Who said that? I love both. It *is* possible to like both bands, you know.

- If you love Guns N' Roses and are interested in Velvet Revolver, you can post in this section. *

* Doesn't mean you have to love them because as mentioned above, this is not a Velvet Revolver site. They have their own fan sites where you can spend your time if the above is an issue for you.

Nothing that you wrote answered my question so let me try it again. Since you obviously don't like VR, bash them every chance you get and moderate this forum differently than you do the GNR forum, why even bother with it? Before you say "THIS IS A GNR SITE" - I realize that, but does that mean you have to run the site with a double standard? And  if so, why waste your time with the VR portion of the site? This has become nothing but a playground for you to come and bicker about every little thing they say or do.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 07:21:38 PM by ZRO » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2007, 07:32:56 PM »

I did answer your question. The answer is right there. Read it and think about it.

No wonder I have to repeat everything for you.

I don't really moderate this section. If I did, some of you would've gotten warned for turning threads to be about GN'R.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2007, 07:45:01 PM »

Nice cop out. I'll be sure to remember that next time we get into a six-page thread about why Slash uses different tooth paste on the 2007 tour than he did on the 2004 tour.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2007, 08:29:16 PM »

Whatever you say.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2007, 09:07:54 PM »

Nice cop out. I'll be sure to remember that next time we get into a six-page thread about why Slash uses different tooth paste on the 2007 tour than he did on the 2004 tour.

ha!!!!!!!!!!

Slash's teeth..... Reminds me of the topic I once saw in another part of this board. 

I see your point.  I am allowed to love VR and critique them here as I see fit.  I am allowed to love GNR, but am not allowed to critique them as I see fit.  That is what you find bothersome.  As do I.  But its not our site.  Its not the posters, its Jarmo's.  Period. 

I just wish Jarmo would actually speak about the new music VR makes instead of the petty shit.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2007, 10:01:46 PM »

I see your point.  I am allowed to love VR and critique them here as I see fit.  I am allowed to love GNR, but am not allowed to critique them as I see fit.  That is what you find bothersome.  As do I.  But its not our site.  Its not the posters, its Jarmo's.  Period. 

i dont know how many times you can be told its a GNR site, not a VR site.  So if there is some bias its understandable.   i'm sure you guys can find a VR forum where everyone loves the band.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2007, 10:15:47 PM »

I see your point.? I am allowed to love VR and critique them here as I see fit.? I am allowed to love GNR, but am not allowed to critique them as I see fit.? That is what you find bothersome.? As do I.? But its not our site.? Its not the posters, its Jarmo's.? Period.?

i dont know how many times you can be told its a GNR site, not a VR site.? So if there is some bias its understandable.? ?i'm sure you guys can find a VR forum where everyone loves the band.

Jim Bob, the point is, if I want to put down something stupid the Guns N Roses did last week or something, I am not allowed.  Why is that?  Why the fuck can we only talk in positive terms?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2007, 10:20:52 PM »

i dont know how many times you can be told its a GNR site, not a VR site.  So if there is some bias its understandable.   i'm sure you guys can find a VR forum where everyone loves the band.

Jim Bob, the point is, if I want to put down something stupid the Guns N Roses did last week or something, I am not allowed.  Why is that?  Why the fuck can we only talk in positive terms?
I think if you have constructive criticisms to make as long as they aren't false or harmful they can be made.  if you are only coming to a GnR board to put down GnR, it makes you look like a troll.   I would think a fan of a band would have way more positive to say then negative.  jmo.

The topic is about someone who met VR.  Not what you can and cannot talk about in the GnR sections.   Rules are rules and they are there for a reason. 
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2007, 10:23:06 PM »

I see your point.? I am allowed to love VR and critique them here as I see fit.? I am allowed to love GNR, but am not allowed to critique them as I see fit.? That is what you find bothersome.? As do I.? But its not our site.? Its not the posters, its Jarmo's.? Period.?

i dont know how many times you can be told its a GNR site, not a VR site.? So if there is some bias its understandable.? ?i'm sure you guys can find a VR forum where everyone loves the band.

It's not about everyone exclusivly loving the band and everything they do, seeing the world through pink glasses, without being able to pick out any flaws (this isn't the GnR section after all ?Roll Eyes). It's about a number of people who come in just to troll and stir shit, without adding anything at all apart from sarcastic or snide crap.
I don't know, are these people jealous of VR- that they 3 ex-gunners together are actually releasing music, keeping in touch with fans? Is that why they feel the need just to stir shit for the sake of it?
I agree with ZRO; maybe the VR section should be removed, because it's just showing how pathetic some people can be.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »

hey i'm with you guys, i'd love to see the VR section removed.    weed out those who come here and dont like the band.  peace

but its cool to have it here i guess for those fans who do like both bands.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2007, 10:30:26 PM »

Jim Bob, I am not a problem on the GNR thread at all.  I just saw way too many times from the most adamant GNR fans getting frustrated when questioning the band.  Younggunner is one I remember in particular.  I think the VR part of the board is good for the same reason you stated.  I sincerely like both bands.  Shocking.
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2007, 10:31:59 PM »

hey i'm with you guys, i'd love to see the VR section removed.    weed out those who come here and dont like the band.  peace

but its cool to have it here i guess for those fans who do like both bands.

Yeah, it is cool to have for people who like both bands, as you said. But the fact is, it's become a joke, and a place where you feel backed up, due to a 'us or them' mentality of prople who troll round here, turning it into pretty much a bitch board...

Yeah, yeah, I know- "This isn't a VR board, it is a GnR board" yadda yadda yadda.
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #94 on: June 19, 2007, 10:59:27 PM »

This really has got quite silly.

I see it like this:

1. Some people are fans of some or all of the VR line up.
2. Some people are fans of some or all of the original GNR line-up.
3. Some people are fans of some or all of the current GNR line up.

Many people like all of the above or various different combinations of the above.

To me people that have a history in GNR will always be of relevance on a GNR board...even if its years ago that they left. So for this reason, i see no problem with people talking about Slash, Buckethead, Izzy etc. Making a section where that can take place is just common sense...otherwise it will intrude into the current line up area...and annoy people who's only interest is the new band. VR is more prolific and successful than the other side projects (snakepit etc) that's why it has its own section, as with albums currently coming out and stuff it would get more posts than if it was just in the general ex-members discussion.

I really don't understand why we can't all live and let live.

If you don't like the new band...why go there and start shit with people who do? Likewise if you really hate VR as it seems some people do, what is it achieving to come here and antagonize people that do?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2007, 11:10:06 PM »

U know what I dont like about people like Jim Bob?

if Axl sang on Contraband he would call it one of the greatest albums ever. U can even leave the songs exactly the same only have Axl singing and I guarantee Jim Bob and others like him wouldn't shut up about their awesomeness.

I don't mind people that dont like VR but it just seems some are haters simply cause of Scott and what he said about Axl.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2007, 11:51:44 PM »

You know what I dont like about people like D?

he assumes too much and doesn't know when to shut his fucking mouth and doesnt know how to keep a topic on a messageboard ON TOPIC.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2007, 11:58:08 PM »

What I don't get is that while this is a GN'R discussion board, I've always held it pretty high in regards to great intelligent musical discussion, and having the board moderator here in the VR section making fun and stirring up shit in the VR section simply "because it's a GN'R board and we can do that" makes not much sense to me. And who's to assume the ones starting shit in the GN'R sections are solely VR fans anyway?

Oh, and congrats to the dude who got to meet VR! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2007, 12:57:30 AM »

So many great points have been made.  I agree that it's time to remove the VR section.  This is ludicrous.  This is about GnR and it's always been a great site because it's been so inclusive of everyone who's ever been in it.  So, why does VR get it's own section?  Why not Ju Ju Hounds?  Why not Loaded?  Why not Gilby's bands?  Why not Snakepit?  Why not Adler's Appetite?  Dead Horse is Dead Horse - former members despite what they've done.  I agree, VR has it's own forums, for fans to go to.  All this is doing, at this point, is to bring about the arguments that have ensued.  And it continues on with the sentiment of "it's ok to talk shit about VR because this is a GnR site, but don't talk shit about GnR, and God forbid - Axl, because this is a GnR site".  I do understand where Jarmo is coming from, but it's still not right.  It's just not, anymore. 
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2007, 01:38:59 AM »

I like having the VR section here, I mean hell, there's even a GN'R section on VR's message board, so I see no problem in there being one here aside from hypocrites who come here ot bash them because "this is a GN'R board" and supposedly it's ok. No, it's not ok. It is possible to like BOTH bands. Who would've thought... Grin

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: