Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Met VR yesterday :-)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Met VR yesterday :-)  (Read 19830 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2007, 11:31:26 AM »

^ I believe you hit the nail squarely on the head . Surely , I'm not the only one here who has had a moment similar to this in their own life .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2007, 12:18:40 PM »

So Duff along with his band mates wants the EP out, but once a copy is presented to him he doesn't know that he's in fact looking at the release he wanted to put out.

So the suggestion that youre making is that he doesnt recognize the EP because he didnt want it out?

Thats not a logical suggestion, because we know from that quote you posted that Duff does indeed know about the release.   You at least understand that, right?  Ill repeat for emphasis: Duff definitively knew about the release and demonstrate this fact by discussing it in at least one interview.  So his failure to recognize it when a fan presented it to him at an airport does not change that basic fact and has no correlation to whether he wanted it released or not.  This is easy stuff.   

Again, we know for a fact that he knew about it before its release, so your suggestion that he doesnt know about it is illogical, as is the implication that it somehow proves he was lying about wanting it released.

One minute he says it was the bands idea, then the next they don't even know what it is.

Read what I just wrote.  Try to think things through.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2007, 12:19:59 PM »

Your eagerness to insult Duff and the band has apparently hindered your ability to complete a logical thought.

You're gonna give me lessons in logical thinking?? rofl

I'm not insulting Duff, just saying what I see.

If Duff commented on the CD/EP, explaining its features and purpose for being, does that not prove that he indeed knows what it is? And if thats the case, whether it was his idea or not cant be determined by this anecdote, can it?? Because as weve established, hes already proven that hes well aware of it.?

So Duff along with his band mates wants the EP out, but once a copy is presented to him he doesn't know that he's in fact looking at the release he wanted to put out.

Can you prove that this didn't happen?

/jarmo

It did happen - so what? He didn't recognise the artwork - why does that matter. I just thought it was funny. Dunno what your point is to be honest.

I admit its odd he didn't recognise the artwork - but its hardly enough evidence to hang a conspiracy theory on.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:24:10 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »

Can anyone explain me how the bassist (not the roadie, not the guitar tech, not the stage sweeper) of the band cant recongnize the artwork of his latest release?

Or are all of you saying that Donaltduck is lying?

Booker ''justify it all'' Floyd maybe has another brilliant and logical reply

I find very strange that Slash & Duff, the people who convinced the record company to release an EP, can't recognize its own EP artwork... and they have not released 24 EP's before...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 01:08:08 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2007, 01:11:33 PM »

So the suggestion that youre making is that he doesnt recognize the EP because he didnt want it out?

Thats not a logical suggestion, because we know from that quote you posted that Duff does indeed know about the release.   You at least understand that, right?  Ill repeat for emphasis: Duff definitively knew about the release and demonstrate this fact by discussing it in at least one interview.  So his failure to recognize it when a fan presented it to him at an airport does not change that basic fact and has no correlation to whether he wanted it released or not.  This is easy stuff.   

Again, we know for a fact that he knew about it before its release, so your suggestion that he doesnt know about it is illogical, as is the implication that it somehow proves he was lying about wanting it released.

One minute he says it was the bands idea, then the next they don't even know what it is.

Read what I just wrote.  Try to think things through.

His actions do remind me of cases where artists were unaware of the releases their record company had put out.

But the fact that Duff didn't recognize a release that he says was his band's idea, is a bit humorous.

I'm sure you can see the comedy in this.

That's gold Booker, gold!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2007, 03:00:52 PM »

His actions do remind me of cases where artists were unaware of the releases their record company had put out.

Thats good for you.  Youre "amused" once again.  However, as we have established, Duff was well aware of the release.  That is an indisputable fact.

Can anyone explain me how the bassist (not the roadie, not the guitar tech, not the stage sweeper) of the band cant recongnize the artwork of his latest release?

I believe a couple of people (monkey in a boat and estrangedpaul) already have.  But youre not really interested in any explanations, youd rather grasp at straws to suggest an illogical argument.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 03:03:18 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »

Thats good for you.  Youre "amused" once again.  However, as we have established, Duff was well aware of the release.  That is an indisputable fact. t straws to suggest an illogical argument.

Are you denying the fact that he didn't seem to know what he was looking at once he saw a copy of the EP he wanted released?

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2007, 03:24:09 PM »

This reminds me of the time a lead singer of a band didn't know about a whole European tour.  Its amazing what these guys may or may not know.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2007, 03:27:47 PM »

Are you denying the fact that he didn't seem to know what he was looking at once he saw a copy of the EP he wanted released?

Yes/No?

Youre changing the subject.

I dont know what happened.  I dont know if there was a misunderstanding on the posters part, or why Duff was confused.  Im telling you what you already know - that Duff is well aware of the CD.  Youll avoid that fact, but you wont dispute it.  With that understanding in mind, it makes no sense to use his apparent confusion to draw a conclusion about whether or not he wanted the CD released.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2007, 03:35:01 PM »

I'll make it easy for you Booker.

#1 - Duff says the band wants the EP out.
#2 - Duff sees the EP
#3 - Duff doesn't know what he's looking at.
#4 - Duff doesn't seem to have knowledge of the product he says his band demanded the record company to put out.

Agree/disagree?

You can just post "I don't agree with (insert number) because (insert reason)".

Easy.

/jarmo

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »

Yes/No?

Youre changing the subject.

No what Jarmo asked is exactly the topic. Can't you just give a straight answer for once instead of dancing around the question?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2007, 04:06:46 PM »

god what does this all matters anyway?  Huh

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2007, 04:08:58 PM »

god what does this all matters anyway?? Huh

Apparently, some people have nothing better to do, today! (well, I don't either, which is why I'm lurking around, too, but, that's different......... Smiley)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »

This reminds me of the time a lead singer of a band didn't know about a whole European tour.  Its amazing what these guys may or may not know.

#1 - Duff says the band wants the EP out.
#2 - Duff sees the EP
#3 - Duff doesn't know what he's looking at.
#4 - Duff doesn't seem to have knowledge of the product he says his band demanded the record company to put out.

But #4 is disproved by the quote youve provided, is it not?

"You know, you would like for people to know your material before you play it. So we're gonna put out an EP ? we convinced the record company ? we're gonna put out a CD/EP with, you know, extra, like, video footage of South America and stuff on it. And we're gonna put a cover of 'Psycho Killer' that we did on there, just some extra stuff."

Sounds like he knows about the product to me.  How about you?  Let me ask the question as clearly as I can: Does that quote prove that Duff was well aware of the release? 

That fact supercedes any anecdote about an impromptu airport autograpg signing.  I think monkey in a boat and estrangedpaul offered plausible possibilities.  However, hinting that Duff was lying about wanting the EP, despite him demonstrating his clear knowledge of it in an interview, because he apparently had a moment of conclusion is illogical.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2007, 04:22:31 PM »

You failed to answer a simple question.

It's not about if he lied or not. I asked you a simple question, broke it down into four points and yet you fail to answer while suggesting that I need a lesson in logical thinking.

You dance around the question like your hero Scott dances around the stage.

I find your logic a bit odd.

If you give me a copy of AFD and I say "What the hell is this?", I guess you assume I'm "well aware" of GN'R's releases.  confused Just like you say Duff seems to be well aware of the EP when in fact he didn't recognize it.

Anyway, no need for me to go on. It seems to be impossible to get a clear simple answer from the master of logic.

/jarmo

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2007, 04:26:19 PM »

He didn't use the proper format you requested, so here you go:

I don't agree with #4 because of the quote you posted.

"You know, you would like for people to know your material before you play it. So we're gonna put out an EP ? we convinced the record company ? we're gonna put out a CD/EP with, you know, extra, like, video footage of South America and stuff on it. And we're gonna put a cover of 'Psycho Killer' that we did on there, just some extra stuff."

Doesn't the fact that he discussed the release of the EP and pointed out that Psycho Killer would be on it prove he has knowledge of the product?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2007, 04:28:59 PM »

For fuck's sake.......

Ok, by your logic Duff was aware of a product he didn't recognize when he saw it.

How would you categorize the awareness level if he had recognized the EP?

Is that "very well aware" because now he seems he was just "well aware"?

/jarmo

« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 04:30:42 PM by jarmo » Logged

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »

For fuck's sake.......

Ok, by your logic Duff was aware of a product he didn't recognize when he saw it.

Roll Eyes

... and by yours he knew nothing of this product despite discussing it in an interview?

Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2007, 04:33:07 PM »

I didn't say he knew nothing.

I'm saying he didn't seem to know it good enough.

Who approved the artwork etc.?

Did they have a meeting? Was Duff absent?

But since you put it that way, it's amazing that he had no idea that was the EP he wanted to release for the fans.

/jarmo

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »

But since you put it that way, it's amazing that he had no idea that was the EP he wanted to release for the fans.

Sure, that could be the case.? I also think there's a number of other possible reasons why we got this anecdote about "Duff not recognizing the EP" (language barrier?)...

I just don't find it as "amazing" as you... I didn't gather from Duff's quote that he was waging some war against his record company to release a very specific EP for the fans.? It's just a simple compiliation that the band suggested in my eyes, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal (they don't even sell it in North America!)... and clearly he did know something was being released.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: