Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Met VR yesterday :-)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Met VR yesterday :-)  (Read 19785 times)
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 03:13:11 PM »

Scott is a truly nice guy tho believe me.

What are you his mother?? "Oh even though he acted like an asshole to you he is still truly a nice guy he really is!"

Maybe, just maybe, he met Scott and he was a nice guy. Lots of famous people never sign autographs...don't mean shit.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2007, 03:59:56 PM »

Scott is a truly nice guy tho believe me.

What are you his mother?? "Oh even though he acted like an asshole to you he is still truly a nice guy he really is!"

Oh great, you're still visiting the section of a band you despise. Why don't you go listen to some of that great Paul Huge playing you stole off the net and leave us alone?

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2007, 04:39:24 PM »

when asked Scott for one, he just said "you would just sell it on ebay..."

What an asshole... the real stars in VR autographed a lot of things and he refused?  Huh

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gnr2k6
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »

its pointless arguing about this....scott thought he was an ebay twat...and theres lots of them...and didnt sign...
just becuase duff did dosnt mean scott has too
i still stand by that scott is a nice guy...he signed for me and had pictures with us at hammersmith and even came out of his way to talk to us back at the hotel.....backstage at manchester he came out of his way to tap me on the shopulder and say hi when i was talking with matt.
im sure if he knew u were a proper fan he would definatly sign it....
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »

I met them back when they were still playing the smaller venues before Contraband came out. Matt, Duff, and Dave were sitting around, talking with a bunch of us until a couple of assholes wandered up with drumheads and stuff screaming "Sign this sign this!". Scott walked right by us, looking straight ahead and got on the bus, no smile, eye contact, wave, or any kind of acknowledgment. Slash on the other hand walks straight on to the bus, puts his stuff down, comes out, stretches his arms out and goes "Ok, let's do this" and stayed until everyone got something signed. Was very f'n cool! But again, could have been a bad day for Scott, might not have been in the best of mood.

Sorry for wasting your time.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2007, 09:06:23 PM »

then Duff did ask Slash to sign VR new ep. Can u imagine they didnt know what it was... this Melody and the tyranny ep...they were asking "what ta fuck is this?" and then I told its yours new ep :-)

Funny considering:

Bassist Duff McKagan told Launch that the EP is aimed at giving fans a taste of the new record before the band hits the European festival circuit in June. "You know, you would like for people to know your material before you play it. So we're gonna put out an EP ? we convinced the record company ? we're gonna put out a CD/EP with, you know, extra, like, video footage of South America and stuff on it. And we're gonna put a cover of 'Psycho Killer' that we did on there, just some extra stuff."

The band apparently convinced the record company to put out the EP and yet he doesn't know what it was.....

Can't be that the record company put it out and the band had no say in it.... Nah, Duff said it was their idea. He just doesn't know what material they have out. Poor guy.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 09:21:16 PM »

That is odd, hmmmm, any chance maybe Duff and Slash were sarcastic?  Or maybe they didn't know the artwork?  Jarmo, good find on the quote. 
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »

Funny considering:

Bassist Duff McKagan told Launch that the EP is aimed at giving fans a taste of the new record before the band hits the European festival circuit in June. "You know, you would like for people to know your material before you play it. So we're gonna put out an EP ? we convinced the record company ? we're gonna put out a CD/EP with, you know, extra, like, video footage of South America and stuff on it. And we're gonna put a cover of 'Psycho Killer' that we did on there, just some extra stuff."

The band apparently convinced the record company to put out the EP and yet he doesn't know what it was.....

Can't be that the record company put it out and the band had no say in it.... Nah, Duff said it was their idea. He just doesn't know what material they have out. Poor guy.

Your eagerness to insult Duff and the band has apparently hindered your ability to complete a logical thought.

If Duff commented on the CD/EP, explaining its features and purpose for being, does that not prove that he indeed knows what it is? And if thats the case, whether it was his idea or not cant be determined by this anecdote, can it?  Because as weve established, hes already proven that hes well aware of it. 

But if you have any evidence to the contrary (theres a first time for everything, I understand), then please share it with us.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 09:29:35 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »

I met the band in 2004 and got autographs-1 from  each (not Scott) and I would not, for any amount  of money (ok, well maybe $2 billion) sell  them on ebay. That made my day and the pictures  with Slash are  my window screens on my computer. (I am  blanking out--whatever that is called  that  is the  background to the computer. Too much beer  on father's day). But there  is Slash and  I, side by side, and his t-shirt  says:

Suck me
Fuck me
Lick me all  over
Then get  the fuck out

He  is so cool. I told  my wife she needs to find me that t-shirt  so I can wear it for Bush's society.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 12:54:23 AM »

But if you have any evidence to the contrary (theres a first time for everything, I understand), then please share it with us.

have you read all the posts in this thread?

look: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=46940.msg954191#msg954191

then Duff did ask Slash to sign VR new ep. Can u imagine they didnt know what it was... this Melody and the tyranny ep...they were asking "what ta fuck is this?" and then I told its yours new ep :-)

and: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=46940.msg954458#msg954458

we convinced the record company

there you have two evidences: Duff said ''we'' convinced the record company, and donaltduck said Duff had no idea about that EP

please, Duff, not you... not another liar in this band...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gnr2k6
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 06:11:08 AM »

estebanf  you dont like vr anyway so why do you bother trying to stir shit up....lets get back on topic.
i do believe if u wanna talk about the ep theres a place for it
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 06:22:26 AM »

look: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=46940.msg954191#msg954191

and: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=46940.msg954458#msg954458

there you have two evidences: Duff said ''we'' convinced the record company, and donaltduck said Duff had no idea about that EP

ehm I believe booker was referring to the artwork...

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 07:57:28 AM »

Ill help you out with this...

If Duff had no idea about the EP, how could he have promoted and described it in detail in interviews?  Youre allowing your petty bias to get in the way of common sense.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 08:56:22 AM »

If Duff had no idea about the EP, how could he have promoted and described it in detail in interviews?  Youre allowing your petty bias to get in the way of common sense.

Common sense? Man you wonder why some people say duff and slash are unreliable with their stories. This is just another reason why you can't believe a word that they say. One minute he says it was the bands idea, then the next they don't even know what it is. Come the fuck on man, they need to get their stories straight before they open their mouths.

You're allowing your blind love for them to get in the way of things.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »

He didn't recognise the artwork, that's all. Of course he knew about the EP.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:23:36 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 09:23:12 AM »

If Duff had no idea about the EP, how could he have promoted and described it in detail in interviews?? Youre allowing your petty bias to get in the way of common sense.

Common sense? Man you wonder why some people say duff and slash are unreliable with their stories. This is just another reason why you can't believe a word that they say. One minute he says it was the bands idea, then the next they don't even know what it is. Come the fuck on man, they need to get their stories straight before they open their mouths.

You're allowing your blind love for them to get in the way of things.
it's nothing to do with blind love...you genuinely believe Duff didn't know about it? Surely Jarmo's quote proves he did know about it. How else could he talk about it? Presumably the record company showed them the artwork, they ok'd it and forgot all about the artwork. He didn't see it since, a fan shows it to him, Duff's a bit tired and takes him a minute to recognise it. It's a funny story more than anything else. Don't know why people are making a big deal out of it.
People accuse VR of lying over the smallest insignificant things...Slash's reasons for selling his house, Duff not recognising some artwork......it's absurd.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:25:01 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

gnr2k6
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2007, 09:35:05 AM »

he didnt recognise it....hes colour blind big time....you might not know it but its true
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2007, 09:41:01 AM »

Funny considering:

/jarmo

ahahahaha, this band is getting more pathetic by the day rofl
like watching a fucking train wreck

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »

Your eagerness to insult Duff and the band has apparently hindered your ability to complete a logical thought.

You're gonna give me lessons in logical thinking?  rofl

I'm not insulting Duff, just saying what I see.

If Duff commented on the CD/EP, explaining its features and purpose for being, does that not prove that he indeed knows what it is? And if thats the case, whether it was his idea or not cant be determined by this anecdote, can it?  Because as weve established, hes already proven that hes well aware of it. 

So Duff along with his band mates wants the EP out, but once a copy is presented to him he doesn't know that he's in fact looking at the release he wanted to put out.

Can you prove that this didn't happen?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
monkey in a boat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2007, 11:23:07 AM »

So Duff along with his band mates wants the EP out, but once a copy is presented to him he doesn't know that he's in fact looking at the release he wanted to put out.
/jarmo

Here's another scenario:

They (the band) decided they wanted to put an EP out.
They made the decisions of what material to include.
They passed it over to record label / management / whoever to do the artwork.
They go on tour.
During this time, the EP is released without the band seeing the artwork.
Perhaps that decision was finalised by management.

Hence, when our friend here bumps into them, there is an initial "What's this then?" moment when presented with the EP.
Lets not start turning this thread into a slanging match. Please.
There's enough of them out there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: