Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:26:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Met VR yesterday :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Met VR yesterday :-)  (Read 19773 times)
donaltduck313
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 17, 2007, 05:06:11 AM »

I met Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave yesterday, twice even:
1st time at teh airport when they arrived to Finland (they had gig in Provissirock festival last nite) and 2nd time just before their plane took off...

Duff was extremely nice, gave me 7 autographs!!! Also Slash gave me two, Matt two and Dave one but
when asked Scott for one, he just said "you would just sell it on ebay..." fuckin sweet gotta admit...mr niceguy indeed... been GNR fan 17 years so I really didnt travel f**kin 700 kilometres to get something "to sell on ebay"... but anyways gig was amazing too got over 100 photos :-) and on the airport also got photos with Slash, Duff and Matt. Gonna put photos here later (have holidays 2 weeks so will do it after that...)

love and light

Jani Lindroth alias donaltduck313 from Finland
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 05:18:20 AM »

... been GNR fan 17 years

I don't want to be an asshole , but ...

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
gnr2k6
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 06:24:04 AM »

no offence but asking duff for 7 autographs takes the piss a little...what did u expect scott to say?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 06:31:05 AM »

scott sounds like an asshole

html sucks
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 06:59:29 AM »

Jeez dude ... let me get fifty eleven autographs ... do you mind one or two more ?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 07:35:08 AM »

I met Slash, Duff, Matt and Dave yesterday, twice even:
1st time at teh airport when they arrived to Finland (they had gig in Provissirock festival last nite) and 2nd time just before their plane took off...

Duff was extremely nice, gave me 7 autographs!!! Also Slash gave me two, Matt two and Dave one but
when asked Scott for one, he just said "you would just sell it on ebay..." fuckin sweet gotta admit...mr niceguy indeed... been GNR fan 17 years so I really didnt travel f**kin 700 kilometres to get something "to sell on ebay"... but anyways gig was amazing too got over 100 photos :-) and on the airport also got photos with Slash, Duff and Matt. Gonna put photos here later (have holidays 2 weeks so will do it after that...)

love and light

Jani Lindroth alias donaltduck313 from Finland

Awesome you met them. But geez- 7? How much did you take to sign? Good to hear Duff was cool about it though.
While it does sound shitty of Scott, as someone already posted, after seeing you get multiple autographs he may have thought you were just an eBay seller and didn't want to waste his time for your profit.
gnr2k6
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 07:48:17 AM »

do you know scott???no you dont!
i had the pleasure of hangingwith scott twice last week and he was really nice and its people like you that dont know him or have never met him that make stupid comments like that.
if i saw somebody that wanted like 7 autogrpahs id be jubious to sign them!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 09:25:40 AM »

awesome for you man. I do understand Scott suspision and not wanting to sign his autograph after getting so many from the others though.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 09:27:21 AM »

who cares about scott  Roll Eyes slash and duff sure had much more reasons to behave like that... at least they?re trully rock starts... yet they?re just down to heart and the nicest guys to fans and that?s what matters in the end of the day  Smiley

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
donaltduck313
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 09:29:38 AM »

hm sorry but I didnt ask Duff to give all those autographs he did ask if I have anything else to sign n I he did sign everything I had with me (including VR tourbook, GNR tourbook, Duffs fanclub card, Neurotic Outsiders single, his solosingle Believe in me...). So wanna underline that didnt ask then to give more than one autograph.

Matt did sign twice use your illusion cd, Slash did once and then Duff did ask Slash to sign VR new ep. Can u imagine they didnt know what it was... this Melody and the tyranny ep...they were asking "what ta fuck is this?" and then I told its yours new ep :-) Duff was holding it in his hands n Slash was next to him and then Duff asked Slash to put his autograph in it...

So I am not telling anything but they were really really nice to me all expect Scott. Hes comment just did really hurt me. I understand if he didnt wanna sign this ep but what he said I would just ask this autographs and then sell em in ebay that was and is bullshit isnt it?

DD
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »

hm sorry but I didnt ask Duff to give all those autographs he did ask if I have anything else to sign n I he did sign everything I had with me (including VR tourbook, GNR tourbook, Duffs fanclub card, Neurotic Outsiders single, his solosingle Believe in me...). So wanna underline that didnt ask then to give more than one autograph.

Matt did sign twice use your illusion cd, Slash did once and then Duff did ask Slash to sign VR new ep. Can u imagine they didnt know what it was... this Melody and the tyranny ep...they were asking "what ta fuck is this?" and then I told its yours new ep :-) Duff was holding it in his hands n Slash was next to him and then Duff asked Slash to put his autograph in it...

So I am not telling anything but they were really really nice to me all expect Scott. Hes comment just did really hurt me. I understand if he didnt wanna sign this ep but what he said I would just ask this autographs and then sell em in ebay that was and is bullshit isnt it?

DD

Yes it is... but forget about Scott and his stupid behaviour and focus on Duff and Slash who were just kind to you by giving you their autographs without moaning lol... at least that?s what I would do... I would be so fucking happy to have met those guys and have something from them... and then again... who cares about Scott.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 10:09:36 AM »

DD

Man, Duff seems like such a champion! Awesome to hear! Really cool he offered to sign more (and got Slash too!).
Interesting they didn't know what Melody and the Tyranny was...  Undecided
And yeah, I would be pretty upset/pissed if Scott said that to me. But as with all celebrities, even they have rough days sometimes. But it would suck to catch them on one of these days none the less. But in my oppinion it's still no reason to treat fans like shit-the fans make the band, they should be appreciative. Ah well, pretty awesome getting Slash, Duff and Matt (and Dave) anyway! Congrats.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 10:16:13 AM »

I say it probably hurts Scott ego a bit when people are all over the GNR guys with "GNR" stuff to sign. U know the guy probably feels a bit insecure anyway.

I am sitting here thinking though, how much would a Scott Weiland autograph go on Ebay? hihi I like Scott and all but I'm sure it wouldn't start a massive bidding war.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 11:13:21 AM »

Well, anyway, congratulations!  That's cool! 

I found it very amusing that they didn't know what the EP even was.   Grin
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 11:41:18 AM »

I would say a scott Autograph on the ep would add $15 to list price.  Since it sold for $5 in Australia, it may make the value $20?
gnr2k6
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 12:05:24 PM »

cool story about the EP and duff and slash but remember its more than just them in the band......Scott is a truly nice guy tho believe me.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 12:21:31 PM »

As someone said before it's cool enough that you got Slash and Duff to sing auto graphs, wouldn't really care too much about Scott, but still I wouldn't get pissed off at him, he wasn't that rude, he just thought of an excuse, maybe he wasn't in the mood, it's not easy to be them sometimes you know???

Could this actually be a reason for a VR break up? I mean, in time,? Scott feeling misvalued or underappreciated??

Now, I know, you gotta go to Duff first, he's a cool guy and he can get Slash to sign, Duff rocks!!! Having both their signature is more than enough!!!!? ? peace

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 12:26:35 PM »

;o ;o ;o You lucky son of a .. I was at gig too, fuckin' killer. You met them at Helsinki-Vantaa? Was there anyone else?
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 12:56:40 PM »

do you know scott???no you dont!
i had the pleasure of hangingwith scott twice last week and he was really nice and its people like you that dont know him or have never met him that make stupid comments like that.
if i saw somebody that wanted like 7 autogrpahs id be jubious to sign them!

treating a fan like that, when all the other band members sign it is lame, he has no idea if they would sell it all not, and for the percentage that the fan might be genuine he should have signed it, id be pretty pissed if a person whos band i contribute with fans in payments supporting didnt sign something and gave me some asshole excuse

html sucks
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 02:00:43 PM »

Scott is a truly nice guy tho believe me.

What are you his mother?  "Oh even though he acted like an asshole to you he is still truly a nice guy he really is!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: