Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:24:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Met VR yesterday :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Met VR yesterday :-)  (Read 19724 times)
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »

But since you put it that way, it's amazing that he had no idea that was the EP he wanted to release for the fans.

Is it even more amazing to discuss an EP he didnt want released, or had little knowledge of, in detail?

Who approved the artwork etc.?

Did they have a meeting? Was Duff absent?

Fair questions, I guess.  Theyre just completely irrelevant to whether or not Duff wanted the EP released.  No correlation.  You wish there was, apparently, but theres not.  Youre creating it out of thin air (or more accurately, flawed logic).

One of the problems is your insistence on trying to be clever - clearly implying that Duff is lying about the claim that he wanted the EP released, but ironically saying "It's not about if he lied or not."  And I didnt fail to answer your question, I just didnt answer in the form you suggested, and you either failed to comprehend that it was indeed an answer or simply saw an opportunity to play up a petty technicality.  Eazy Es post addressed that perfectly.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »

Doesn't the fact that he discussed the release of the EP and pointed out that Psycho Killer would be on it prove he has knowledge of the product?

Duff could have lied. If he was telling the truth, why he didn't recognise the EP, or its artwork? It makes no sense to me...

There is NO CHANCE that the same person that encouraged the record company to release a EP can forget or dont know how that EP looks like. I dont know how is your reasoning... Or maybe the record company put that artwork without asking the band, not even showing it to the band before releasing it?

Some of you need to say ''I dont believe in donaltduck, he is lying'', and that would solve all this discussion
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 07:50:08 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2007, 05:18:16 PM »

so some guy met VR in finland twice a day?. that is cool and on topic Tongue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2007, 05:36:39 PM »

One of the problems is your insistence on trying to be clever - clearly implying that Duff is lying about the claim that he wanted the EP released, but ironically saying "It's not about if he lied or not."  And I didnt fail to answer your question, I just didnt answer in the form you suggested, and you either failed to comprehend that it was indeed an answer or simply saw an opportunity to play up a petty technicality.  Eazy Es post addressed that perfectly.

Yes, you failed. You also fail to be funny or clever by making assumptions about my posts which are nothing but bullshit.

I asked you very simple questions.

If you demand your record company to put out an EP for the fans, how come you don't recognize it when you see the final product? According to you, he was "well aware" of it.

But yet the "well aware" bass player didn't recognize the EP his band mates wanted to release.

Does that mean he wasn't very involved in the process or did he just forget about the EP?

Keep dancing Booker.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »

Just wondering ... hasn't anyone here ever worked on a project , and and a month later , when the secretary drops the completed document on your desk , ask 'what is this' ?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2007, 08:34:26 PM »

Jeesssus Christ this is fucking pathetic.
Some guy met VR- that's awesome. Who gives a fuck about wheather Duff recognised the EP or not? Maybe he just didn't recognise it? Maybe he was joking aroung saying 'what's this?'. Maybe the threadstarter misheard him, or misquoted him? Who cares?
It's rich how all the usual people are running around, up in arms about how 'Duff lies', 'Slash lies' and all that shit when it's pretty obvious that the VR camp is a lot more reliable and trust worthy than the allmighty GnR camp, yet god-forbid that's brought up.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 08:36:06 PM by cfcsfc » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2007, 09:02:25 PM »

It's rich how all the usual people are running around, up in arms about how 'Duff lies', 'Slash lies' and all that shit when it's pretty obvious that the VR camp is a lot more reliable and trust worthy than the allmighty GnR camp, yet god-forbid that's brought up.

Only if it's money making..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2007, 10:14:17 PM »

What I take from this is two things,

#1) Duff was so surprised to physically see the EP for the first time so he was like, "Hey, what is this", like "What do we have here", almost as if he is proud, but maybe since in another language, Donaldduck didn't pick up the sarcasm.

#2) Duff had no clue if it was a pirated illegal copy, a different title than previously planned, or different artwork, or unknown artwork.

Those are the only two possible scenarios.
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2007, 02:31:18 AM »

His actions do remind me of cases where artists were unaware of the releases their record company had put out.

Thats good for you.  Youre "amused" once again.  However, as we have established, Duff was well aware of the release.  That is an indisputable fact. t straws to suggest an illogical argument.

Are you denying the fact that he didn't seem to know what he was looking at once he saw a copy of the EP he wanted released?

Yes/No?

/jarmo

It's funny how this all started over a supposed meeting some guy had with VR that you are now taking as gospel. We KNOW for a fact Duff knew about the EP because of the quote you posted. Now whether this guys story is bullshit, or Duff was tired, or he didn't recognize the album cover, or the guy misunderstood Duff, who really knows?

But what the fuck are you trying to prove? That Duff didn't know about the release? Obviously, he was from the quote you posted. That Duff knew there was an album being released but knows nothing of what is on it? Once again, wrong because we have a quote from Duff that speaks in detail about the release. So maybe you're trying to say that Duff has a bad memory?

Despite how astounded you seem to be with this non-story, I don't find it quite as amazing as oh, say, Richard Fortus not knowing whether or not Chris Pitman is in GN'R, or certain members of certain bands not knowing who their drummer is in a given month.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:34:24 AM by ZRO » Logged
monkey in a boat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2007, 07:36:33 AM »

Well said, ZRO - Smoking Guns, I was going to suggest your point 1 myself.

At the end of the day, none of this matters.
To be honest, it's only relevance is to prove how biased Jarmo is becoming.

And I mean this with no disrepsect, because I appreciate the job you do for this site, Jarmo - but please, take a step back & try to look at things from all angles.

This is an inconsequential comment, that could be looked at in so many angles but in all likelyhood is entirely without weight.

There is no reason to try & twist it into a "Duff is a liar" thread, which you appear to be insistent on doing.

I'm sorry to have to say all the above, as I know that now my "card is marked" now. I'm sure you've probably now decided, as I'm "defending" an incident with Duff that I'm some VR fanboy - which, in all honesty, is not the case. I am just trying to remain impartial, and throw some common sense into a situation that has been blown out of all proportions, and asking you to just take a step back & chill out.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2007, 07:57:10 AM »

And I mean this with no disrepsect, because I appreciate the job you do for this site, Jarmo - but please, take a step back & try to look at things from all angles.

This is an inconsequential comment, that could be looked at in so many angles but in all likelyhood is entirely without weight.

There is no reason to try & twist it into a "Duff is a liar" thread, which you appear to be insistent on doing.

I'm sorry to have to say all the above, as I know that now my "card is marked" now. I'm sure you've probably now decided, as I'm "defending" an incident with Duff that I'm some VR fanboy - which, in all honesty, is not the case. I am just trying to remain impartial, and throw some common sense into a situation that has been blown out of all proportions, and asking you to just take a step back & chill out.

Yeh, Jarmo you should just chill out!

May I suggest these threads: "Jarmo", or the "HTGTH Appreciation Thread" or even "Congrats to Jarmo" - all good reads...........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
gnr2k6
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2007, 08:09:47 AM »

FACT-Duff is colour blind....hence why he allways wears black and allways wears glasses.
he signed my camp freddy t-shirt last week and was looking at it for ages....he told me he cant see very well and made a joke about it when i saw him backstage.
he just didnt recognise the ep in my opinion but isnt this topic about some dude meeting the guys....the ep has a different place i thought...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2007, 09:23:08 AM »

Good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.   Smiley
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2007, 09:43:27 AM »

I didn't, it was some of you who got very defensive because I happened to point out that the guy didn't recognize the product he claims his band demanded the record company to release.

The incident does remind me of occasions when an artist is totally unaware of a record put out by his/her current/previous record company. It doesn't mean this is one of those occasions.

I didn't say he lied, but some started defending him as if I had said that.

I asked very simple questions and nobody would answer them. So, who's looking at things from different angles?

It's all "No! You just hate them!" from some of you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2007, 10:06:53 AM »

I didn't, it was some of you who got very defensive because I happened to point out that the guy didn't recognize the product he claims his band demanded the record company to release.

The incident does remind me of occasions when an artist is totally unaware of a record put out by his/her current/previous record company. It doesn't mean this is one of those occasions.

I asked very simple questions and nobody would answer them. So, who's looking at things from different angles?

/jarmo

what's the deal with these off topic discussions?  smoking

on topic, what was Dave like?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
monkey in a boat
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2007, 11:57:01 AM »

I don't think anyone's trying to get defensive, but - personally speaking - I do feel forced into a backfoot position by you & some of your comments.
I'm sure I'm not alone.
It doesn't mean it isn't either, though - does it? But you seem to be heavily implying otherwise.
I'm not trying to say that you did - I'm just asking, and I hope that you believe me when I say that I ask this with respect - speaking as someone who appreciates the hard work you put into maintaining this site - that you try to excersise a modicum of impartiality.
It does appear that in most, if not all, VR threads, you come in quite heavy handed offering a negative opinion of what are, really, very trivial things. Yet woe betide anyone who says even the smallest thing against Guns.
This - again, personally speaking, is a prime example, and that's why I bring it up now.
Let's be fair, no one but Duff can give you the accurate answer that you want. But myself, and a number of other posters have offered various sensible opinions on what may have happened. I think it's fair to say that what was reported by the guy that met them was nothing but an offhand comment that could even be meant as a joke, or could indicate that Duff himself has perhaps not seen the artwork, or any number of reasonable explanations.
Personally, I'm not trying to say that at all. I'm just trying to engage you in a reasonable discussion about an issue that I perceive to be occuring. From other posts on this forum, I do get the feeling that I'm not the only one.
It's my intention to ask politely, and explain a reasonable point of view. I hope you understand.

I come in peace, and all that.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:13:18 PM by monkey in a boat » Logged
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2007, 12:18:59 PM »

So you do believe that he asked the record company to release the CD?

Well, you do dislike them.  And you exclusively criticize them, so perhaps you shouldnt be so surprised, or disappointed, by that reaction.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2007, 01:08:21 PM »

I don't think anyone's trying to get defensive, but - personally speaking - I do feel forced into a backfoot position by you & some of your comments.
I'm sure I'm not alone.

Too bad I guess, but as I've pointed out, this isn't a VR fan site.

Maybe you need to get used to the fact that this isn't meant as that?

You know, I'm sure STP fans have opinions on VR. Some probably don't like it because their favorite members aren't in the band.

Same with GN'R fans.

It doesn't mean it isn't either, though - does it? But you seem to be heavily implying otherwise.

I presented my opinion.

I'm not trying to say that you did - I'm just asking, and I hope that you believe me when I say that I ask this with respect - speaking as someone who appreciates the hard work you put into maintaining this site - that you try to excersise a modicum of impartiality.
It does appear that in most, if not all, VR threads, you come in quite heavy handed offering a negative opinion of what are, really, very trivial things. Yet woe betide anyone who says even the smallest thing against Guns.
This - again, personally speaking, is a prime example, and that's why I bring it up now. ngs from different angles?

This is a Guns N' Roses site.

Anybody who comes here to talk shit about GN'R is obviously on the wrong fucking site.

If you come here as a GN'R fan who doesn't appreciate Scott Weiland, I see no problem with that. Do you?

Let's be fair, no one but Duff can give you the accurate answer that you want. But myself, and a number of other posters have offered various sensible opinions on what may have happened. I think it's fair to say that what was reported by the guy that met them was nothing but an offhand comment that could even be meant as a joke, or could indicate that Duff himself has perhaps not seen the artwork, or any number of reasonable explanations.

Sure, and I asked some very simple questions and was met with all this "why are you here" bullshit.....

Personally, I'm not trying to say that at all. I'm just trying to engage you in a reasonable discussion about an issue that I perceive to be occuring. From other posts on this forum, I do get the feeling that I'm not the only one.
It's my intention to ask politely, and explain a reasonable point of view. I hope you understand.

I come in peace, and all that.

When I see something said by a certain individual I react. It can either make me laugh, smile or whatever.

I tend to think some things VR have said is wrong. For example the canceled shows. The site says scheduling conflicts, Slash says money issues.

Another example is the fact that Slash said there'd be no GN'R songs while other guys say otherwise.

Now the funny guys here will start bringing up Axl's "see you next summer" things. Something didn't go as planned. Good for you!

So you do believe that he asked the record company to release the CD?

I guess they wanted some songs out for the fans to hear before the album, but it's still mildly "amusing" that he didn't recognize the finished product.

An artist wants something released and then doesn't recognize it. I assume this is logical and is what you meant when you wanted to teach me something about logical thinking?

Well, you do dislike them.  And you exclusively criticize them, so perhaps you shouldnt be so surprised, or disappointed, by that reaction.

So because I don't idolize the ground they walk on and when I ask a question, it's no a valid question and it's ok for you to dance around it?

/jarmo

ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2007, 06:45:04 PM »

This is a Guns N' Roses site.

Anybody who comes here to talk shit about GN'R is obviously on the wrong fucking site.

Some of the stuff here is ridiculous. Being a fan of a band doesn't mean you have to blindly defend them 110% all the time. If someone doesn't like the fact that Axl lies to his fans (a lot), so fucking what? This is a GNR forum, Axl is in GNR, what's the big deal? Everything doesn't have to be sugar coated. It doesn't mean you're "talking shit", you can still be a fan of the band and have a negative view of some things they do.

On the same token, if you think  Slash's solos aren't what they once were, fine, that's a valid opinion, but shit on here like, "OMGZ  SLASH IS SELLING HIS HOUSE, HE MUST BE BROKE!!" or having a 5-page thread picking apart whether or not Duff recognized an EP his band put out (and we still don't know if this guy ever met Duff) is just petty crap that would never fly in the GNR section of this forum. And I know this is a GNR site, but if you're going to have such a double standard, why the fuck even have the VR forum on here then? Just delete it so we can spend all our time on here talking about how wonderful GNR is.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2007, 07:00:46 PM »

Some of the stuff here is ridiculous.

Well, you have the choice to fuck off then.

Sorry to be so blunt, but that's how it is.

Obviously this site isn't meant to cater to everybody.

You either get it or you don't.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: