Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 54611 times)
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2007, 09:14:14 PM »

Does the GHIII for PS2 has different songs from the one to PS3?? Huh

as far as I know it is the same game...but who knows there's always someone who know more than me!!

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2007, 08:23:42 AM »

Does the GHIII for PS2 has different songs from the one to PS3?  Huh

Same songs.

Different "bonus" character, and Brett Michaels doesn't appear in the PS2 version.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2007, 05:27:09 PM »

Does the GHIII for PS2 has different songs from the one to PS3?? Huh

Same songs.

Different "bonus" character, and Brett Michaels doesn't appear in the PS2 version.

thank you pilferk. ok

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2007, 08:52:59 PM »

Redsquare, I have played GH3 and One is in fact by Metallica.

Also, there are only 3 bands that won't allow their music to be used for the game.

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and AC/DC.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #124 on: November 19, 2007, 01:17:15 PM »

There are early indications that Guitar Hero III has had a significant impact on record sales for bands featured in the game.

The game, subtitled Legends of Rock, was released in the US at the end of October. It will launch in Europe on 23 November.

Hard rock label Roadrunner Records said that sales of DragonForce's album "Inhuman Rampage" increased 126% week-on-week in the wake of Guitar Hero III's release. DragonForce's song "Through the Fire and Flames" is featured as an unlockable bonus track in Guitar Hero III.

Slipknot, another Roadrunner artist featured in the game, also saw its album sales increase.

This is definitely true... I went out and bought Iron Maiden's greatest hits after playing The Trooper on GH II... friends of mine did as well. 

burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2007, 01:32:37 PM »

Slash has lost all his credibility after being in Guitar Hero III and appearing on the cover.

The day Axl is on Rock Band's cover or anything to that extent is the day I quit supporting Guns N' Roses.
I don't care about the songs being in there, that's fine, but nothing says "washed-up has been" like appearing on a trendy videogame.

I 100% disagree with this statement.  The Guitar Hero series has been a huge success and is wildly popular on top of being original and innovative.  Slash is an iconic guitar hero... placing him in the game and on the cover of GH III should be a badge of honor.  This ensures that an entire generation of 6-year olds and up will be introduced to the Slash and GNR. 

Slash is in the game precisely because he is not a "washed-up has been"... Any guitarists out there would sell their soul to get the recognition that Slash now has.  Slash is legend... and this just immortalizes him even more  smoking
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2007, 06:34:54 PM »

slash lost credibility when he performed with michael jackson..end of story.......but then again axl sung on record with alice cooper in 1988...thats just as bad
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2007, 08:53:55 PM »

Slash has lost all his credibility after being in Guitar Hero III and appearing on the cover.

The day Axl is on Rock Band's cover or anything to that extent is the day I quit supporting Guns N' Roses.
I don't care about the songs being in there, that's fine, but nothing says "washed-up has been" like appearing on a trendy videogame.

I 100% disagree with this statement.  The Guitar Hero series has been a huge success and is wildly popular on top of being original and innovative.  Slash is an iconic guitar hero... placing him in the game and on the cover of GH III should be a badge of honor.  This ensures that an entire generation of 6-year olds and up will be introduced to the Slash and GNR. 

Slash is in the game precisely because he is not a "washed-up has been"... Any guitarists out there would sell their soul to get the recognition that Slash now has.  Slash is legend... and this just immortalizes him even more  smoking

very true.  GH is "in" right now.  Southpark even spoofed it.  You don't see any guitarists from todays music b/c there aren't any good/well known ones!!!

also, isn't the game "legends of rock".  why wouldn't they have an older guy on the cover.

as for the Slash sucked when he played with MJ, its the same thing.  Jackson was as big as you could get back then - yeah hes a freak right now, but his old songs are STILL good today.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
KD8LNW
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »

slash lost credibility when he performed with michael jackson..end of story.......but then again axl sung on record with alice cooper in 1988...thats just as bad

Dont get me wrong not a very big Michael Jackson fan or Alice Cooper but i dont see either one of them loosing any credibility by playing on there albums.

As for the Guitar Hero III version of WTTJ, it may just be me but it really sounds like that track has been remastered for the game. Sounds alot crisper than the Appetite version imo. I just wonder if Slash and Axl had to communicate i am sure via there lawyers for the song to be used Huh? Would be cool to see Axl on there .
SLCPUNK
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »

Are there any songs by D on this thing or what?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2007, 11:39:06 PM »

If you mean Under My Wheels, Slash and Izzy performed on that track as well.  Why are you so freakin' negative?HuhHuh?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2007, 11:52:37 PM »

slash lost credibility when he performed with michael jackson........

To a bunch of dopes maybe....
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2007, 12:32:03 AM »

Are there any songs by D on this thing or what?

you have to get the import version and beat the game will in the presents of Bon Jovi to unlock D's song.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: November 20, 2007, 05:45:49 PM »

well then you are calling Axl a dope because Axl has said in an interview how much he hated how Slash started playing with different people...hell at the 1992 mtv awards when GNR won an award Axl even took a shot at michael jackson.....and NOBODY was listening to michael jackson in 1992! maybe 1984, but not 1992
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #134 on: November 20, 2007, 05:48:56 PM »

well then you are calling Axl a dope because Axl has said in an interview how much he hated how Slash started playing with different people...hell at the 1992 mtv awards when GNR won an award Axl even took a shot at michael jackson.....and NOBODY was listening to michael jackson in 1992! maybe 1984, but not 1992

Do you really believe all the crap that you post?

MJ wasn't as big as he was in the eighties , but at that time dude was still a fucking huge star.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 05:53:11 PM by Timothy07 » Logged

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2007, 06:07:05 PM »

MJ's Dangerous album sold 30 million copies.  Do you just type to see yourself in print on the screen?
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2007, 06:34:26 PM »

MJ's Dangerous album sold 30 million copies.? Do you just type to see yourself in print on the screen?

Yeah really MJ was huge in '91- '92. Slash said himself he plays with other musians to fill time, to keep from getting bored. I would. If MJ asked me to play music with him (Back Then), I would have. Eddie Van Halen did.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2007, 09:24:48 PM »

Michael Jackson still has a loyal following.

His last album, Invincible, sold an estimated 8 million copies.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 09:37:20 PM by Stoned » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2007, 08:28:37 AM »

I just got it, it's my first Guitar Hero experience and it ROCKS!!!

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2007, 01:47:39 PM »

All three installments are fun, if you want the GN'R experience I would go with this one, even though GHII has SCOM.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: