Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 01:31:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Kerrang's review of VR at Download
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kerrang's review of VR at Download  (Read 9030 times)
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« on: June 14, 2007, 05:19:48 PM »

as usually hateful and misleading

"Don't Worry, You'll Hear a Solo" sneers scott weiland in response to the chants of "Slash/Duff" that greet VR. At least he's aware of his patrick stump status-what's more baffling is the fact that his bandmates still haven't noticed how out of place the over-posturing singer is with VR's good time vibe, as his sexless arsenal of struts and spins reach pain threshold in mere minutes 'slither' and new single 'she builds quick machines' bring a brief, dirty swagger to proceedings, but a lousy sound and the sense that this is a band getting by too much on former rather than current glories makes their hour-long set a gruelling one.

2K's outta 5

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »

haha well, a big middle finger to the shittest "rock" magazine on the planet.

the video streams clearly tell a different story....

html sucks
Mr Rage
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:24:30 PM »

u should read, loads of bands got slated, they said linkin park where awful, but couldn't understand why the crowd loved them, and wolfmother shouldn't have been so high up on the bill

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »

why are they making fun of scott's moves? i think he has awesome stage presence. would they rather see him just standing there like most rock frontman out there right now? *cough* chester bennington *cough*

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 05:49:24 PM »

2 k's out of 5 sounds about right for a band like velvet revolver.
Mr Rage
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 05:54:40 PM »

is that bashing of VR i here, it can only be Jim bob, if u don't like VR , go to the main board, and say how much better fink is to slash!!!

chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 05:57:01 PM »

2 k's out of 5 sounds about right for a band like velvet revolver.

sounds about right? according to your opinion? because the average VR reviews as of late have been nothing short of astounding. don't spew your crap here troll

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 06:06:05 PM »

What a bunch of douchebags...One has to wonder if they even saw the show

As for the stump status thing

Nuff said  smoking
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 06:13:25 PM »

Dont worry guys, when Kerrang trashes GNR Jim Bob will be the first to say what a piece of shit mag they are. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gfish
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »

This comes from the magazine with a different emo band on the cover each month. Kerrang is a useless magazine, every performance of VR I've seen (2 videos once in real life) was amazing so kerrang can shove there crappy magazine up their asses.

P.S kerrang will trash any band who dont have crappy haircuts and whine all the time.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 06:23:28 PM »

Kerrang! are right about Scott, but they still don't know how to review a gig.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 06:29:01 PM »

This comes from the magazine with a different emo band on the cover each month. Kerrang is a useless magazine, every performance of VR I've seen (2 videos once in real life) was amazing so kerrang can shove there crappy magazine up their asses.

P.S kerrang will trash any band who dont have crappy haircuts and whine all the time.

Gee they should love Scott then.....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »

wow, Scott never said something like ''dont worry, you'll hear a solo'' in Buenos Aires, even when the 55.000 people where only focused in Slash and screaming his name all the time.

It must be very hard for Weiland to be ignored that way.

Anyway, dont pay too much attention to Kerrang... most of the things it says are bullshit

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 06:41:10 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but Jarmo werent u a Scott fan maybe not a fan but didnt u like Scott till he bashed Axl?

Not tryin to argue just curious.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gfish
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »

Gee they should love Scott then.....

He doesn't have the hair cut.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 06:46:01 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but Jarmo werent u a Scott fan maybe not a fan but didnt u like Scott till he bashed Axl?

No, he wasnt.  He did posture as a VR fan for a bit, though he was almost as exclusively critical as he is now. 

Now he admits that hes not a fan at all, but apparently bought their latest release. 

Other writers at Kerrang! havent been so harsh on the band:

"From the wailing sirens that usher in the opener "Sucker Train Blues", Contraband takes a sick gleeful joy in taking your memories of their past achievements, spiking their drinks and pushing them into the back of a seedy mini cab headed for the darker side of town.

Weiland is Master of Ceremonies here, playing a nasty little bastard who rabbits bad news in your ear like a reptillian Joe Pesci conducting a guided tour of Dante's Hell AKA LA: It's all coke, comedowns and con artists. But in LA you take your troubles and face them on down. Which makes Contraband's ballads, notably "Fall To Pieces" and the Beatles-esque "You Got No Right" things of rare, cracked beauty." - Kerrang!s review of Contraband

VR also won Best International Newcomer at the Kerrang! Awards.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:53:26 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 06:46:19 PM »

I'm guessing you guys are outside the U.S.? ?Because scott is HUGE here in the states, and among the younger crowd at a lot of venues he is much more popular than the GnR folk
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 06:55:35 PM »

No, he wasnt.  He did posture as a VR fan for a bit, though he was almost as exclusively critical as he is now. 

Who are you? My spokesperson?

I thought they were Ok. After all the hype I really wanted to like them. Once the excitement is gone, I realized the album is nothing that great.  The live shows were fun. If you don't have anything better to do and you can keep your eyes away from the dancing lead vocalist.

Weiland has always been a "what the fuck is so great about that guy?" type of thing for me. For me, he was riding the grunge bandwagon and STP was basically a one hit wonder (no, they were never big in Europe).

I tried to like him, but to be honest the only reason I went to see VR was to see what Slash and Duff were up to.

I just think other bands put on a more enjoyable live show with better songs. That's why I go see concerts, the music. Not just to see people who used be in a band I love.

Now he admits that hes not a fan at all, but apparently bought their latest release. 

Quote me where I said I bought it.

You're making assumptions.

There's many ways to acquire music. Buying it, receiving it as a gift etc.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 07:06:53 PM »

Quote me where I said I bought it.

You're making assumptions.

There's many ways to acquire music. Buying it, receiving it as a gift etc.....

Okay, so how did you acquire their latest release?

I also found it amusing that the only comment you could offer on "Just 16" was uncertainty as to whether it was poorly mixed or simply mumbled.  Arent you a Pearl Jam fan?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 07:46:20 PM »

Okay, so how did you acquire their latest release?

Why is that such an important matter to you?

Get your own life.

I also found it amusing that the only comment you could offer on "Just 16" was uncertainty as to whether it was poorly mixed or simply mumbled.  Arent you a Pearl Jam fan?

I love Pearl Jam.

Now there's a band with a talented lead vocalist who doesn't need to strut around the stage when performing his mumbling!

drool

So I assume just because Brendan produced some quality material with another band, I must admire the fact that Weiland's singing is hard to make out?

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: