Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:35:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228137 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Are you excited GN'R is touring?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are you excited GN'R is touring?  (Read 9455 times)
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 07:44:00 AM »

Im not excited, havent even looked at the setlists as I believe they are the same as last tour.

Dont get me wrong, its cool other fans are getting to see the band for the first time etc but I think for the rest of us fans we just want the album.

Ive been reading about CD, and anticpating its release since I was in Highschool.... 9 years ago  Roll Eyes
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 08:04:46 AM »

Am I excited that my favourite band is on tour playing shows to thousands of fans?

Of course.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 08:06:00 AM »

On the one hand yes, because it?s always cool they are touring and active but on the other hand no, because they are playing too damn far and that makes it impossible for me to travel and see them again Cry

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 08:12:02 AM »

of course poeple arnt as excited bout this tour,its only bin 6 months since the first leg finished.

if this leg of the tour ran thorough your country then im sure youd all be excited ? yes

the way i see it is that GNR are gonna let the WORLD know that their back by touring everywhere. that way they build up a new younger fanbase to add to the existing older fanbase.more fans the better

they will soon run outta places to tour then it will be time for the baby to drop ?hihi

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 08:23:17 AM »

Of course I'm excited.? Tour is better then no activity at all.? Remember from the end of 02 to the beginning of 06 all we had was rumors, and that sucked, no rumors were ever true and the times passed without any updates. now for the past year Axl has been in the spotlight and the band is touring, of course we want CD, but lets stop worrying about what we dont have and start enjoying what we do.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:26:03 AM by GnR-NOW » Logged

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 08:23:59 AM »

I have been excited about every single move Axl and this band have made in the past 17 years.....from the airport arrest in 1998, to the jumping on stage with Gilby in 2000 to the leaked demos and tour last year(which i saw them 4 times on)......and everything that happened in between and around all of those things.....why would I stop being excited now?
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 08:41:15 AM »

I am excited, because I am a fan.  Those that aren't excited just don't get it and shouldn't consider themselves fans.  As a fan, I am content that my favorite artists are enjoying themselves playing shows right now, seeing the world.  That's what being a fan is all about.

I'm not a selfish person, I;ve been a fan since before most of you were born.  Sure the wait is tiring at times, but imagine a world with no internet and no updates circa 1989.  That wait for news after AFD sucked.  Part of what makes Axl who he is is simply the fact that he will not change or compromise for anybody.  That's what drew me in in 1986, and why I still believe in the plan today.

Those that don't get it are the ones that whine about:

A) No new album
B) The start time of shows (Boohoo I need a babysitter  crying )
C) The old band vs today
D) The setlist

and
E) All of the above

What makes Axl great is the fact he really doesn;t care about the people that whine about the above. 

Am I excited that the guys are out having fun?  Hell yes I am.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 08:48:42 AM »

Agreed.

Add to that: Playing in front of fans who hasn't seen a GN'R show in years.

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
elmir
VIP

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 08:56:56 AM »

very happy because 60% of the people who are seeing them now have probably never seen them before....that is such good news, that they have finally decided that Europe and the US are not the only markets where they have fans...

now they must just get their asses in gear and play a show in Africa....and then we're done.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »

I am excited, because I am a fan.  Those that aren't excited just don't get it and shouldn't consider themselves fans.  As a fan, I am content that my favorite artists are enjoying themselves playing shows right now, seeing the world.  That's what being a fan is all about.

I'm not a selfish person, I;ve been a fan since before most of you were born.  Sure the wait is tiring at times, but imagine a world with no internet and no updates circa 1989.  That wait for news after AFD sucked.  Part of what makes Axl who he is is simply the fact that he will not change or compromise for anybody.  That's what drew me in in 1986, and why I still believe in the plan today.

Those that don't get it are the ones that whine about:

A) No new album
B) The start time of shows (Boohoo I need a babysitter  crying )
C) The old band vs today
D) The setlist

and
E) All of the above

What makes Axl great is the fact he really doesn;t care about the people that whine about the above. 

great post, kudos.

i mean it could 2003, 2004, or 2005 again and we get a damn thing.    Any chance I have to see my favorite band I know I'll be there.   And I'm excited for any other fan who gets the opportunity to see them live this year.   
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »

now they must just get their asses in gear and play a show in Africa....and then we're done.

yea it would be cool if they ended up rescheduling those shows in South Africa.   
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »

oh chill out.

karma -4? Enjoy!

Whatever.  Asking opinions.  Eat me.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 09:52:51 AM »

yes!! People who complain forget the years 2003-2006. where axl was basically in recluse.

I think its great to see Axl happy and back touring. and it leads me to believe CD is very close
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 10:10:58 AM »

not quite. I reckon it might be pretty exciting for those in Australia, Mexico and so on to see them live... but I just dont see the point of this tour...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
madagas
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 10:11:59 AM »

They are a band and bands play live gigs. They have to make a living..... peace
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 03:20:32 PM »

not quite. I reckon it might be pretty exciting for those in Australia, Mexico and so on to see them live... but I just dont see the point of this tour...
um to play for the fans who would like to see the band?
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 03:25:49 PM »

Am I excited that my favourite band is on tour playing shows to thousands of fans?

Of Course

You really know who's Maradona!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »

Of Course

IDEM.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarvie_a
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »

It's exciting because something is happening in the GN'R world, but it's not what the majority of us want to be happening.

/j
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 08:45:46 PM »

Yeah, it's great knowing that Axl and the boys are out on the road having fun.   beer

Really hoping for another end of year North American tour too, but only if there's an album to go along with it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: