Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:54:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  10/06/07 Perth- Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10/06/07 Perth- Discussion Thread  (Read 23126 times)
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »

Maybe Bubbles just played guitar on My Michelle? He's done it before.

at the shows i saw with bubbles, he isnt even plugged in..hes playing air guitar with a real guitar...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
So Relaxd
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »

Hi All,

I know it says 1st post but I've been around for a while.  It was my first GNR concert tonight.  It just blew me away I was probably 5 meters from the stage.  Axl seemed to be having a ball.  He made a few jokes.  ie "a new song called bubbles at the Gay bar"  talked about drinking too much tequila.  For those who asked - I'm pretty sure bubbles was plugged in.

Show was just a blast.  It a story I will tell for life.

Axl was very appreciative of the crowd.  Early in the concert he thanked the crowd for their welcome.  At the end of the concert he said something along the lines of sincerely thanking the audience for their reception.

Sorry I haven't posted any specifics, I'm on a high and really dont remember any right at the moment - I just had to say it was awesome.

Peace out

P.S.  Security were very strict BUT they also got he troublemakers out very quickly so kudos to them.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2007, 03:11:21 PM »

^ Glad you had a great time!  peace

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2007, 04:02:56 PM »

Thanks for the glad report So Relaxd.  And well come to the board! beer
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2007, 04:05:14 PM »

i love it awesome.it was a good time for all.except the sick lol.throwing up part lol.

the one an only horsey !
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2007, 11:36:55 PM »

Ok, here is my review from what I can recall from last night (or I spose it was really - this morning).

Was in the Gold GA section which was bascially the standing room area right at the very front.? Kinda shoved my way forward with another 4 mates as close as we could.? Finished up about 3 people back from the front, pretty much centre stage.? Probably a good thin I was just back from the rail or I wouldnt have managed any photos or maybe even texts due to the security - but more about that later.

Rose Tattoo were obviously first and I thought they were great I think Angy Andersons voice is still pretty impressive.? The highlight for me was, not surprisingly, when they played Nice Boys.

Ok - Sebastian Bach on next.? ?Now I gotta be honest I have never been a big Bach fan.? In the past I have thought that he was just a loud mouth tool trying to poke his head into Axl's spotlight.? But I will say I was pleasantly surprise.? He puts a huge amount of energy into his performance and he clearly loves being on stage (not that I ever doubted that), but he didn't come accross as arrogant.? The band he is playing with seem to be really tight too which definitely adds to the performance.? I thought he put in a huge effort.? Nice all leather getup he had on too - lol

Bach's set finished about 10:30 and then the setup for GN'R started.? Obviously I began wondering how long I would have to wait.? Its worth pointing out too that Perth is damn backwards when it comes to a lot of things - normally for the Burswood Dome there is a curfew of I think 11:30 (or maybe 12:00 - not exactly sure) due to noise restrictions because of residential areas nearby blah blah blah - I know it's stupid.? Now apparently it had been organised as a one off thing for GN'R to be allowed to play after midnight - but not sure how long after midnight they were allowed to (I had heard only 12:30, which is kinda gay).? So I was expecting that they may be on earlier than the Mexico dates due to all this crap.

11:10PM GN'R hit the stage with the customary opening riffs of Jungle.? As you would expect the crowd erupts (Bach had said during his set that the crowd was 18,000 (I think the Domes capacity is 20,000), they didn't seem to teast us too long with the riff before Axl and the boys come out to a sea of hands and fists pumping the air.?

Now from a personal perspective this was a special moment for me since it was the first time I had seen Guns live.? So to have Axl only a few feet in front of me belting out the opening verse of WTTJ totally rocked!

I won't go thru song by song (the setlist is posted somewhere now anyhow) with descriptions but will just mention a few highlights and things I noticed:

Axl looked fit and his voice sounded strong.? When you are up close watching like that it's amazing, you really get to appreciate how much effort he puts into his performance.

During the first couple of songs I noticed Beta (I assume it was her - it looked like her) over to the side of the stage watching and she also took a few pics.

New Songs:
Better was great,? I really rocked into that song and sang along.? I got a couple of looks from people near me presumably they were wondering how I knew the song and the lyrics.? But I still saw people around me getting into it regardless.? How can you not though, the beat of the song just grinds along and really gets you moving.

Dizzy obviously played a bit of a piano solo including Angie before the Blues.? I'm sure a couple of people around me were thinking he was about to launch into Nov Rain.

IRS - I have never been a big fan of this song and I have to say I struggled a bit to hear Axl's vocals during this one so that probably didn't help.

Axl seemed to be genuienely enjoying himself too.? It was a pretty funny story about the Vodka and the first night in Mexico that he shared - having to go out and throw up between songs - classic.? Good to hear he still gets up to some antics.

KOHD towards the end was good with the singalong happening he seemed to rev the song up a bit at the end, I almost thought he was going to say "gimme some reggae" at one point after he had spun the microphone stand around above his head then thrown it over onto the ground - lol

I was disappointed with the BBF Don't Cry solo - not with music itself but the crowd - hardly anyone was singing - idiots!! BBF motioned to the crowd at one point trying to encourage them but it never really got up.

The rest of the band - Tommy seemed to be really getting into the songs.? He quite often came and stood right at the front and really rocked into it.? I was also pleased to see that he had managed to lose that chequered suit Wink

BBF and Finck to me seemed to be a lot more in the background and Finck a little quiet or subdued.? But it was hard for me to get perspective on this since I was centrestage and they are predominatly on either side of the stage - except for the odd times that they walked around to the middle.? So perhaps this was just more of an observation due to where I was standing.

I was trying to work out what was on BBF's tshirt - I have one pic of it but it's not very good.? Did anyone else there notice this?? The reason being it really looked like part of the design on the shirt had the slash skull with a tophat - a bit like the black death vodka logo mixed in to it?

Finck had his tophat on at one stage too.

Richard just looked cool (as always) and totally at home.

Dizzy seemed the same as always.

Frank was pretty inconspicious behind the drums

Axl had those purple shoes on again

Before he bought Bach out for My Michelle I was hoping he might have been talking about Angry Anderson and that we were going to get a duet of Nice Boys.? But it wasn't to be.? ? I have my fingers crossed that this might happen at one of the two Melbourne concerts that I am going to.

The only song for the encore was Paradise City.? Personally I believe that this was due to the pathetic time restrictions imposed by the local authorities and given that we had Bubbles out playing a song too presumably took up additional time.? After they had done their final bows Axl grabbed a microphone and (I unfortunately can't remember the exact words) but said words to the effect of "I have been critisced recently of being insincere (I think that was the word he used anyhow it was in the context of his performances I think and that its been said he is bascially just going thru the motions), then he said words to the effect that it's not the case at all and that he puts everything he has into the shows etc.? Seeing him upclose in concert I would agree the guy gives it everything on the night - so that was interesting, anyone else at the concert remember exactly what he said?

Show finished about 1:30am (I think).? Yeah I could selfishly say that I would have liked to hear Maddy and other things, but really I don't care.? Whatever he was singing was fine with me, just the fact that he was here singing was good enough for me.

Security were good to act on any dickheads in the crowd quickly.? But I have to say that was the tamest mosh pit (if you can call it that) that I have ever been in.? I was fully expecting to get shoved and crushed all night, but I was pleasantly surprised.? I don't mean that nobody got into it because everyone was definitely rocking but with very little dickhead factor around.

On the other hand the security themselves were dickheads.? They were going nuts over anyone holding up a camera phone and taking photos.? They were leaning over into the crowd pointing fingers and abusing people telling them to delete the photos.? One of them was even climbing up on the rail with a torch and shining it at people to get their attention and tell them to put their phone away.? I doubt this would have been a direction from the band.? I mean they were probably told to stop people with video cameras or a massive normal professional camera which is understandable.? But I think they (security) then took it upon themselves to take things to a ridiculous level. - sigh - it's a standard reaction though, give someone a tiny bit of authority and it goes to their head.

So here are the photos - due to the "lameass security" they aren't as good a quality as I hoped coz i had to be very discrete and quick.? For pics of Rose Tattoo and Bach look in the update thread, they are already posted there.

But to sum it up, I had an awesome night as did all my mates (including a couple that are just more casual fans).? I wouldn't have missed it for anything.? Bring on next Fri and Sat night in Melbourne!!!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 12:52:38 AM by williambailey » Logged
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »

Photos:

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2007, 11:59:54 PM »

Well done to Perth security for keeping the dickhead factor to zero!!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2007, 12:03:43 AM »

Great pics, wb!

Bubbles rules!  hihi

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Chief
Legend

« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2007, 12:07:16 AM »

great review william,, thanks for the details and the pics. it was interesting to hear what axl said too, anyone remember more about it?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2007, 12:09:35 AM »

Awesome review, thanks.

Anybody actually get kicked out for phone photography? or was it just general poor behavior like fighting, abuse and back-chat?
Sounds like the sound was good for the most part.
GeraldFord
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2007, 12:46:35 AM »

Who is Bubbles?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2007, 12:52:23 AM »

Who is Bubbles?

Exactly, who is Bubbles?
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2007, 12:54:03 AM »

Bubbles is from the Trailer Park Boys - they sang Liquor and Whores.

he is the guy with the coke bottle glasses in a couple of the pics
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2007, 01:05:10 AM »

Bubbles is from the Trailer Park Boys - they sang Liquor and Whores.

he is the guy with the coke bottle glasses in a couple of the pics

great review, dude. Glad you had a nice time there.  beer

just answer me one thing, if you can:
Did Axl sing using his rasp voice during Welcome to the jungle, Paradise City and other musics? dunno if his voice is already 'ready' for the tour, but i think he needs a few more shows to get totally ready and nail the 'do you know where the fuck you are' scream.  Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2007, 01:29:14 AM »

Great review , loved the pics . anyone get any video ?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2007, 01:31:53 AM »

great review william,, thanks for the details and the pics. it was interesting to hear what axl said too, anyone remember more about it?

I should be able to find out exactly what he said, I just found out about someone that got the full audio of the whole concert, so I will hopefully be getting a copy of that.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2007, 01:32:05 AM »

Was Frank wearing the WAR t-shirt?

Kinda looks like Axl on that one with a blurry picture...  Grin

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed his hair... It's Tommy.  ok
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:34:59 AM by Christos AG » Logged

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2007, 01:33:10 AM »

Nice review, Anyone else though A little bumed that Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and No Rocket queen have been played?
Rocket queen hasn't even been played once this whole tour....

I just hope when I go to the brisbane and sydney shows, I at least get one of those 3,...........

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
williambailey
Rocker

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2007, 01:41:48 AM »

Nice review, Anyone else though A little bumed that Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and No Rocket queen have been played?
Rocket queen hasn't even been played once this whole tour....

I just hope when I go to the brisbane and sydney shows, I at least get one of those 3,...........

Yeah Rocket Queen - I was definitely hoping for that one - I love that song.

Im sure Maddy was a time issue for not being played so a good chance it might be played at other concerts in Oz (hopefully Melbourne Wink
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: