Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:22:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 320319 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #1920 on: August 22, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »

haven't words got around many times? Huh

Maybe they're planing an official single and official release date as we speak. who knows.

I know more then a few people at Universal and no word of any sort has ever been passed to any of them.

I'm pretty good friends with the guy that's going to handle the promo for the record for all of Detroit and he's never heard one ounce of info. Not yet any ways.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1921 on: August 22, 2007, 11:21:06 PM »

Maybe they're planing an official single and official release date as we speak. who knows.

I know more then a few people at Universal and no word of any sort has ever been passed to any of them.

I'm pretty good friends with the guy that's going to handle the promo for the record for all of Detroit and he's never heard one ounce of info. Not yet any ways.

But would the guy in detroit really be one of the first to know?? I'm sure he wouldnt hear anything to much sooner than us...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1922 on: August 23, 2007, 11:05:32 AM »

But would the guy in detroit really be one of the first to know?? I'm sure he wouldnt hear anything to much sooner than us...

Seeing as he works for the company that makes the album and he will be responsible for promoting it in this area, I would think otherwise.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1923 on: August 23, 2007, 11:15:35 AM »

those who are the first to know wouldn't tell anything to anybody lets alone to a fan board poster till things are sorted out and ready to spread、I'd imagine.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1924 on: August 23, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »

those who are the first to know wouldn't tell anything to anybody lets alone to a fan board poster till things are sorted out and ready to spread、I'd imagine.

Exactly.. I have a feeling we'd know about it first here, before a flyer on a light post in detroit...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1925 on: August 23, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »

Exactly.. I have a feeling we'd know about it first here, before a flyer on a light post in detroit...

I don't claim to be an insider and I honestly don't care to get this thread even further off topic by continuing a pissing match over who will know what first.

I was just saying that I feel pretty confidant that I will here whats going on as soon as the label is ready.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1926 on: August 23, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »

I don't claim to be an insider

I was just saying that I feel pretty confidant that I will here whats going on as soon as the label is ready.

What would you say you are then?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 12:31:17 PM by Loaded NightraiN » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1927 on: August 23, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »

A big GNR fan who has  a friend who works for Universal who will be handling the promotion for the Detroit area on the new GNR album.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1928 on: August 23, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »

And please, tell me how can you be so sure that Axl changed his mind about it.

because everything is axl's fault.
some fans seem to have some spiritual connection with axl puke and know axl more than anybody including  axl himself.

We all need to realize and understand that until the album is in the labels hands, we have no realistic shot at CD

and how we all know the album is in the labels hands or not?

I would assume the only real way to know is if and when it shows up on the release schedule.

Was it ever on the release schedule?  I just read this at theage.com it is dated today...

Many big album releases have been pushed back until next year and beyond. It's not only Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy that has mysteriously disappeared from release schedules. Expected blockbusters from U2, Green Day, Coldplay, REM, Metallica, Radiohead, Panic! At the Disco, Britney Spears, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston have been delayed until 2008.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/labels-dream-of-sexy-singles/2007/08/23/1187462394123.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1929 on: August 23, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »

And please, tell me how can you be so sure that Axl changed his mind about it.

because everything is axl's fault.
some fans seem to have some spiritual connection with axl puke and know axl more than anybody including? axl himself.

We all need to realize and understand that until the album is in the labels hands, we have no realistic shot at CD

and how we all know the album is in the labels hands or not?

I would assume the only real way to know is if and when it shows up on the release schedule.

Was it ever on the release schedule?? I just read this at theage.com it is dated today...

Many big album releases have been pushed back until next year and beyond. It's not only Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy that has mysteriously disappeared from release schedules. Expected blockbusters from U2, Green Day, Coldplay, REM, Metallica, Radiohead, Panic! At the Disco, Britney Spears, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston have been delayed until 2008.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/music/labels-dream-of-sexy-singles/2007/08/23/1187462394123.html

It's never been on any internal, official release schedule,

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #1930 on: August 23, 2007, 04:19:13 PM »

Nothing for nothing everyone, but November is a big month for releases of any kind. ?GnR has been brought up quite frequently in the last week; Bach C.D., Numerous interviews with former member and current members. ?AFD anniversary year, Book by Slash. ?Coming off a tour putting your name out there on the big stage, Axl saying the forthcoming C.D. of Bach's timing couldn't be better?? ?Hitting the tour scene again possibly in Oct/Nov.? ?Maybe it just fits? ?I like everyone else has been roller coasted before but it's a gut feeling that something is coming around. ?Hopefully it's the new GnR C.D. ?If not well screw it we'll wait some more.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1931 on: August 23, 2007, 05:32:08 PM »

A big GNR fan who has? a friend who works for Universal who will be handling the promotion for the Detroit area on the new GNR album.

Ok.. Not to be a dick here (seriously!).. What makes you think your buddy will know before it gets announced??

I think the second Axl walks out of the meeting knowing the release date, he'll have someone announce it on the site...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1932 on: August 23, 2007, 06:29:41 PM »

A big GNR fan who has? a friend who works for Universal who will be handling the promotion for the Detroit area on the new GNR album.

Ok.. Not to be a dick here (seriously!).. What makes you think your buddy will know before it gets announced??

I think the second Axl walks out of the meeting knowing the release date, he'll have someone announce it on the site...

You cannot honestly believe that gunsnroses.com will be the first place anyone hears the release date from.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #1933 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:03 PM »

You cannot honestly believe that gunsnroses.com will be the first place anyone hears the release date from.

The man has a point
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1934 on: August 23, 2007, 09:14:40 PM »

No... But we'll know before some guy in dirttroit... Thats all i'm sayin
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1935 on: August 24, 2007, 06:01:42 AM »

A big GNR fan who has  a friend who works for Universal who will be handling the promotion for the Detroit area on the new GNR album.

No... But we'll know before some guy in dirttroit... Thats all i'm sayin

You seem to be missing the point. It's not "some guy in Detroit" it's a person who works in the promotions department for Universal Records, the company that is releasing CD. He also happens to have CD as part of his account.

He has conference calls every single day to discuss everything about every upcoming release from every artist attached to the label. If and when CD was to be on the release schedule and or even being kicked around in the slightest, it would be discussed on this call. As soon as any of that info is available, he is going to pass it on to me.

That's the point I've been trying to get across this whole time.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1936 on: August 24, 2007, 06:06:20 AM »

russ, did you know about march 6th before Axl gave it as a tentative date?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1937 on: August 24, 2007, 06:20:54 AM »

who cares if he did or not/ its beside the point,
the release date turned out to be false... and since then we havent heard any news on the album...

Whats the next assumptions?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1938 on: August 24, 2007, 06:23:54 AM »

the release date turned out to be false... and since then we havent heard any news on the album...

i was jus curious if he knew about it.   thats all. 
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #1939 on: August 24, 2007, 06:48:36 AM »

i was jus curious if he knew about it.   thats all. 

Nope, because it wasn't in any official and didn't have anything to do with the record label.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: