Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:22:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 322183 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #900 on: October 03, 2006, 12:00:25 AM »

it's my understanding from reading about other bands is that a fan club is run and paid for by the band, so they have to charge to recoup some of the costs.? that's also why a lot of bands don't have a fan club because it costs them too much money.

mm why does it have to be paid? Undecided

well, at least I hope they do like other bands that send you a welcome package full of merchandise when you join and a xmas package every year with an exclusive tune recorded by the band for the fans and a calendar, etc.. that would be sweet ok

Somebands do not fiannace their fan clubs, the Queen fan club's base in London shut down due to lack of funds, they now have a magazine every 6 months instead of every month, and have no permanent location.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #901 on: October 03, 2006, 12:02:08 AM »

Is it just me or is Axl the best closer ever? I love it when he goes, "Thank you! Good...Fuckin'...Night!!!!"
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #902 on: October 03, 2006, 01:09:04 AM »

Is it just me or did they edit the video?  A couple of hours ago, the video started with "Now let bring back Izzy Stradlin..." Paradise City.   Now it's just Paradise City. 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #903 on: October 03, 2006, 01:11:29 AM »

Is it just me or did they edit the video?  A couple of hours ago, the video started with "Now let bring back Izzy Stradlin..." Paradise City.   Now it's just Paradise City. 

Read earlier in this thread and you'll see that I already mentioned that. The main thing they edited was getting Ron's guitar in the mix. Earlier it was completely missing and made certain parts sound out of whack (particularly the first solo with he and Finck about a minute into the song).
newgnr
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #904 on: October 03, 2006, 01:19:06 AM »

Can someone explain to me what online fan-clubs usually do? I'm not familiar with any of that. confused

The only one I've ever been in was for the Black Cowes and we got presales, exclusive downloads, meet and greets and shit like that.

My wife was part of the Local 83 (John Mayers thing) and she got the same type of stuff. I've heard? cool stories about others such as Pearl Jam, I guess they used to give out a single (a cover or something) to their members every year for xmas and shit.

Who knows what GNR could have in store for us!

Pearl Jam probably has the best fan club going around these days.  It's called the 10 Club.  Along with the christmas single's, they also get priority seating in concerts.  It's not just a Presale on tickets, but you actually have priority seating...like you have reserved tickets kinda.  The higher your 10C number, the better ticket choices you get.  (To get a high 10C, you have to have joined early...first come first serve).  Also, your 10C ticket will usually have you sitting (or standing) next to other 10C members, so you will usually be next to other die-hards, which is always nice.

It would be cool if GNR did something like that.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #905 on: October 03, 2006, 01:29:46 AM »

yeah the ten club is unmatched and they've had it going for years.. its a good example for bands to follow and lets hope we get another GNR fanclub some day!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #906 on: October 03, 2006, 01:30:34 AM »

Don't know if it's mentiont before, but in the paradise video, at 2.12 they edited out the girls boobs that could see on the first video from the television ?broadcast .... that's something I notice ofcourse.... hihi
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #907 on: October 03, 2006, 01:32:21 AM »

Don't know if it's mentiont before, but in the paradise video, at 2.12 they edited out the girls boobs that could see on the first video from the television  broadcast .... that's something I notice ofcourse.... hihi

Um...I don't see any boobs in the original video either.  Huh
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #908 on: October 03, 2006, 01:45:08 AM »

you don't??? Look better.... I now a boob when I see one
 hihi
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #909 on: October 03, 2006, 02:00:47 AM »

Nobody but us freaks are going to notice or care about a small edit. This video with Izzy is perfect for someone who is on the fence about going to see Gn'R live this year. This could make them actually want to go to  the show. The quality of this video rocks, and I hope we get more soon.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #910 on: October 03, 2006, 02:15:13 AM »

i can not to watch.
only hear music,and one pic is on the screen

somebody help

I have never seen so many tree
Chief
Legend

« Reply #911 on: October 03, 2006, 02:31:38 AM »

is your computer completely updated?  i had to open the site in internet explorer for it to work for me.
if you're on a mac i'm not sure what to do...

i can not to watch.
only hear music,and one pic is on the screen

somebody help

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #912 on: October 03, 2006, 02:52:17 AM »

awesome recording of PC, but IMO there's too much footage of the audience. hey, i'm not bitching, i'm happy 'bout the videos and all the stuff that's going on, but it's just that you can't see all the members long enough, for example, you can get only a glimpse at tommy. i'm curious if there will be live videos of new songs. bring one more videos!!!

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #913 on: October 03, 2006, 02:59:52 AM »

PErsonally I think this a great thing, especially as truthfully most of the world, people in the US, all over have not seen this, yes it may have been webcasted, but means basically only us the die hards know, and I hate reading but the bitching, it a was a great vid, and Im glad they "fixed the audio prob".

BUt truth is Unless you were on the boards, or in the know, the vast majority that see this will be a reintroduction to the band, and as far as the crowd, well I dunno about others, but I see that and it excites me, seeing that see of people going fucking nuts for GNR, thats what its all about to market and promote. And of course I have a strange feeling the new single will be debuted there, and them passed on to other outlets.

BUt the point is, so many people have no perception of the band, and getting a casual or someone who was a fan but forgotten, this is cool!

Ive had this as dvd for months now, yet , watching the vid isolated, and on a official GNR site, gave me goosebumps. How fucking cool!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #914 on: October 03, 2006, 03:22:09 AM »

"? Coming Wednesday: More video from the European tour"

wich video do you guys think?
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #915 on: October 03, 2006, 03:25:27 AM »

something from lisbon me thinks. Dublin would be awesome, just for the novelty of it bein light!!!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #916 on: October 03, 2006, 03:48:08 AM »

Is the video on the hompage? Filters at work blank out the middle of the homepage.

I guess the video is there and i think its great news.. gnr actually delivering promises in quick succession!!!

Looks like the guys really have a plan here and they are sticking to it. I think they also know that for their sake they cant let us down again. Its now or never.

12 tuesdays to go  Grin
Jhestas
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #917 on: October 03, 2006, 03:59:48 AM »

This will be a very long thread at the end of the year!
Blackeyed
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #918 on: October 03, 2006, 04:32:46 AM »

Yeah, there is a vid of Paradise City from Donnington Festival. More videos to follow in Wednesday...... Smiley
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #919 on: October 03, 2006, 04:40:25 AM »

GUNSNROSES.com is the best thing that i've ever seen in all this years as online GNR fan ...
I mean, many great things seems that will come thru this site  Wink
And ... this is the FIRST " OFFICIAL " video that came from a show in many times
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: