Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 322607 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #640 on: October 02, 2006, 01:24:12 AM »

One thing that annoys me is that the pics on the website have low resolution, like the pic of axl at hammerstein and the background pic..
Umm, the reason they'd use lower resolution pics is to make sure the site loads quickly. Not everyone has cable/DSL so I'm sure they're trying to keep the load time to a minimum. Lots of hi-res pictures can really bog down a site, even for people with a fast connection.

Raven

Not true.

The majority of Internet users today have high-speed of some sort (whether it be DSL or cable modem) and if you go to any band website - any - you'll find far more "heavy" stuff than the GN'R site. In the digital age if you don't have high speed it's your problem, not the band's. With that logic GN'R shouldn't bother offering downloads or music pages on MySpace etc., because they're trying to take into consideration the few people out there who are still on dial up?

The real reason is probably that whoever put the site together just isn't a very good designer - I have designed websites and I took a look at the code and it's very basic, about five years out of date really.

I'm not criticizing the site, but I do have to question who on earth they have managing this stuff. Not updating GNRONLINE.com for three or four years was bad enough, but now they finally launch a new website and it looks like it was designed by the same person.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #641 on: October 02, 2006, 01:28:32 AM »

One thing that annoys me is that the pics on the website have low resolution, like the pic of axl at hammerstein and the background pic..
Umm, the reason they'd use lower resolution pics is to make sure the site loads quickly. Not everyone has cable/DSL so I'm sure they're trying to keep the load time to a minimum. Lots of hi-res pictures can really bog down a site, even for people with a fast connection.

Raven

Not true.

The majority of Internet users today have high-speed of some sort (whether it be DSL or cable modem) and if you go to any band website - any - you'll find far more "heavy" stuff than the GN'R site. In the digital age if you don't have high speed it's your problem, not the band's. With that logic GN'R shouldn't bother offering downloads or music pages on MySpace etc., because they're trying to take into consideration the few people out there who are still on dial up?

The real reason is probably that whoever put the site together just isn't a very good designer - I have designed websites and I took a look at the code and it's very basic, about five years out of date really.

I'm not criticizing the site, but I do have to question who on earth they have managing this stuff. Not updating GNRONLINE.com for three or four years was bad enough, but now they finally launch a new website and it looks like it was designed by the same person.

Yeah, most band sites have a ton of Macromedia Flash-based content. Velvet Revolver's site is entirely Flash-based, but I can't stand their site because they don't have menus like most websites. It's a weird one to navigate and not very clear at all. I'm sure the GN'R site will evolve the further along we go.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #642 on: October 02, 2006, 01:33:46 AM »

Raven

Not true.

Yeah, most band sites have a ton of Macromedia Flash-based content. Velvet Revolver's site is entirely Flash-based, but I can't stand their site because they don't have menus like most websites. It's a weird one to navigate and not very clear at all. I'm sure the GN'R site will evolve the further along we go.

VR's site was cool at first (except for the fucking main page with the drawing of the girl which is pointless), but they never update it. The forum's been down for ages and the fucking pages are dead ends - I always get tons of error messages. I'm sure it'll be redesigned next year in preparation for Libertad, though.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #643 on: October 02, 2006, 01:53:18 AM »

Probably the same people who run the soundboard all the time and screw it up. For some reason anything regarding technology seems to be a major issue for GNR. You would think that with their name brand, reputation and resources that they could have world class people performing the website duties and soundboard/mixing at live shows. Yet 5 years into the project they still seem to be deficient at both. As you said above, makes you wonder who runs this ship sometimes.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #644 on: October 02, 2006, 01:56:47 AM »

Probably the same people who run the soundboard all the time and screw it up. For some reason anything regarding technology seems to be a major issue for GNR. You would think that with their name brand, reputation and resources that they could have world class people performing the website duties and soundboard/mixing at live shows. Yet 5 years into the project they still seem to be deficient at both. As you said above, makes you wonder who runs this ship sometimes.

They honestly have some of the worst soundboard technicians ever. I can understand it as a one-off thing back in '01 since they were adjusting then, but they've had years. I used to think Axl was just not understanding how to use his mic, but then after RIR3 and his outburst in The Blues I saw him do similar things later on and realized he just has a shit technician team. There's all sorts of nasty feedback all the time and they crank up the guitars way too loud at the wrong times.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #645 on: October 02, 2006, 01:57:38 AM »

At least the recordings on their albums sound great! I mean, at least they're able to deal with the technology that matters most: music production technology. They may be horrible at it in a live setting, but the band and its producers are great in the studio (and yes, I do realize that soundboard technicians are way different than studio producers).
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #646 on: October 02, 2006, 02:00:44 AM »

At least the recordings on their albums sound great! I mean, at least they're able to deal with the technology that matters most: music production technology. They may be horrible at it in a live setting, but the band and its producers are great in the studio (and yes, I do realize that soundboard technicians are way different than studio producers).

True, but then again, it'd be the least I'd expect when dealing with a $13 million + album.  hihi
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #647 on: October 02, 2006, 02:05:01 AM »

[At least the recordings on their albums sound great! I mean, at least they're able to deal with the technology that matters most: music production technology. They may be horrible at it in a live setting, but the band and its producers are great in the studio (and yes, I do realize that soundboard technicians are way different than studio producers). /quote]

I get that, but my point is that every other big name band I have went to see I have never heard have awful mixes the way GNR does where guitars are lost in the mix, or Axl can't be heard well. It just doesn't seem to happen to any band but GNR. I would be more understanding if they were a local band with no money or resources, but this is Guns N' Roses for Christ sake. Is there really no one out there who can put together a nice mix like you would get at any other band's show who are as prominent as Guns is?
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #648 on: October 02, 2006, 06:54:46 AM »

Well it's almost 9.00pm here in Australia on Monday 2nd October, when can we expect to see these videos on the GN'R official site?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #649 on: October 02, 2006, 06:57:25 AM »

Well it's almost 9.00pm here in Australia on Monday 2nd October, when can we expect to see these videos on the GN'R official site?

I guess when the webguy in the States wakes up.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #650 on: October 02, 2006, 07:10:40 AM »

I still have this artist direct shits... Angry

"...It don't really matter..."
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #651 on: October 02, 2006, 07:12:29 AM »

Maybe you have to delete your cookies ? Huh

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #652 on: October 02, 2006, 07:12:44 AM »

Try clearing your cache. ok

Origen
« Reply #653 on: October 02, 2006, 07:21:17 AM »

Be sure to come back to GunsNRoses.com later this week

Don't be surprised if they don't post videos till about Friday
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #654 on: October 02, 2006, 07:25:47 AM »

if you look in the article it actually says monday

"On Monday, GunsNRoses.com will debut video of GN'R from the 2006 European Tour. More video will be added all week, so come back often to see the latest. "
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #655 on: October 02, 2006, 07:26:01 AM »

I get that, but my point is that every other big name band I have went to see I have never heard have awful mixes the way GNR does where guitars are lost in the mix, or Axl can't be heard well. It just doesn't seem to happen to any band but GNR. I would be more understanding if they were a local band with no money or resources, but this is Guns N' Roses for Christ sake. Is there really no one out there who can put together a nice mix like you would get at any other band's show who are as prominent as Guns is?

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have even included the old band's albums in there because even the old GN'R had pretty good mixing at their concerts from what I've seen on YouTube, etc.

The sad thing is, most of the stuff at the recent GN'R concerts was old material, and yet the sound guys still couldn't get it right. I mean, you would think a professional could handle 15-20 year old music pretty easily, but I guess not. I was channel surfing a few days ago and came across Train playing Led Zeppelin's "Goin' to California" on PBS and they had great mixing. Too bad the new GN'R can't be so lucky. Perhaps Axl will finally get sick and tired of that crap and hire a whole new live sound crew.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:29:16 AM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Origen
« Reply #656 on: October 02, 2006, 07:31:37 AM »

if you look in the article it actually says monday

"On Monday, GunsNRoses.com will debut video of GN'R from the 2006 European Tour. More video will be added all week, so come back often to see the latest. "

Oh right  hihi Then like what other people have said, it will probably be up within about 6-8 hours when America wakes up.
Mr. Les Paul
Headliner

Les Paul!

« Reply #657 on: October 02, 2006, 08:58:26 AM »

is gunsnroses.com the official web or is it still gnronline.com? Huh
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #658 on: October 02, 2006, 09:03:39 AM »

www.gunsnroses.com is the official site!

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #659 on: October 02, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »

what is the time in fuckin usa???
in europe is 3 am

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »