Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 12:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 322869 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2006, 09:08:44 PM »

I think (for example, I somehow doubt members enjoy having people yell "where's Slash?" at them during a show).  More importantly, though, it's an amazing line up of musicians making some incredible music.  I think all it will take is people seeing the band and hearing the music...and the music will speak for itself.

To your first point, those guys knew going in they would be dealing with that. It takes a certain type of person to get into that situation, so I am sure they are OK with it. Not everyone is cut out to take the ridicule the guys have taken, but it has been a good gig for all of them thus far.

Finally, I would think Axl and management would rather take their chances on having people buy tickets for the show and hope they flip casual fans than making it clear to them up fron that it is only Axl left, and trying to convince them from there. Alot easier to convince someone the band is worthy when they are in the building already than before they plop down $75.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2006, 09:27:25 PM »

I think (for example, I somehow doubt members enjoy having people yell "where's Slash?" at them during a show).? More importantly, though, it's an amazing line up of musicians making some incredible music.? I think all it will take is people seeing the band and hearing the music...and the music will speak for itself.

To your first point, those guys knew going in they would be dealing with that. It takes a certain type of person to get into that situation, so I am sure they are OK with it. Not everyone is cut out to take the ridicule the guys have taken, but it has been a good gig for all of them thus far.

Finally, I would think Axl and management would rather take their chances on having people buy tickets for the show and hope they flip casual fans than making it clear to them up fron that it is only Axl left, and trying to convince them from there. Alot easier to convince someone the band is worthy when they are in the building already than before they plop down $75.

Again, I agree - the guys *did* know what they were getting into when they joined up with Axl, and it certainly has been a good gig.  I just think - after years of being in GnR (Ron excluded) - it's time to let everyone know they're in the band, rather than just Axl, which takes me back to my original comment of hoping each members gets a profile page on the site at some point.

And I understand the point about converting fans once they are already at the show, and it's a valid one.  At the Hammerstein, though, I was surrounded by many people who had no idea who they were looking at, and spent a large part of the show talking (between songs) about Slash, what happened to Duff, etc - fully expecting to see the old line up, and didn't know what to make of what (and who) they were seeing.

Ultimately, I'm just anxious for the general public to get to know (and love) the new GnR and their music.  The sooner the album comes out, and the sooner the new band gets the recognition they deserve, the better.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2006, 09:35:23 PM »

man, this is crazy.. i keep having to check the site to believe they've finally got one!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
XxWickeds10xX
Rocker

GNFNR

« Reply #503 on: September 29, 2006, 09:55:53 PM »

man, this is crazy.. i keep having to check the site to believe they've finally got one!!!!

Yeah me too...I was kinda hoping for more...BABY STEPS!!
Annie
« Reply #504 on: September 29, 2006, 10:17:15 PM »

Personally, I think each band member needs a kick-ass page of their own. ?Too many people think that GnR is either the old line-up, or that it's Axl and "a bunch of other guys." ?The current site, as it stands, does little to counter the latter of the two with all the pics of Axl, leaving everyone else to simply be mentioned/described in the text link.

I am sure the band member's recognition will come in due time. Right now though, they have to market Axl individually because he is the only one the general public really knows. Doing anything with any of the other band members would be somewhat counterproductive because no one knows who they are. People are going to have to be patient as this unfolds until more people learn about the guys once the album is released.

I don't disagree, but I think there's a lot to be said for letting people know what they're in for.? There's a bit of a risk in having people buy tickets for this tour expecting to get the former line-up...the more people know about the current incarnation, the better off everyone will be, I think (for example, I somehow doubt members enjoy having people yell "where's Slash?" at them during a show).? More importantly, though, it's an amazing line up of musicians making some incredible music.? I think all it will take is people seeing the band and hearing the music...and the music will speak for itself.? The web site is the perfect opportunity to introduce the public to both.
At the Joint someone yelled WE WANT SLASH, and I wished that I had the vocal power to yell NO WE DON"T!
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #505 on: September 29, 2006, 10:23:05 PM »

Personally, I think each band member needs a kick-ass page of their own.  Too many people think that GnR is either the old line-up, or that it's Axl and "a bunch of other guys."  The current site, as it stands, does little to counter the latter of the two with all the pics of Axl, leaving everyone else to simply be mentioned/described in the text link.

I am sure the band member's recognition will come in due time. Right now though, they have to market Axl individually because he is the only one the general public really knows. Doing anything with any of the other band members would be somewhat counterproductive because no one knows who they are. People are going to have to be patient as this unfolds until more people learn about the guys once the album is released.

I don't disagree, but I think there's a lot to be said for letting people know what they're in for.  There's a bit of a risk in having people buy tickets for this tour expecting to get the former line-up...the more people know about the current incarnation, the better off everyone will be, I think (for example, I somehow doubt members enjoy having people yell "where's Slash?" at them during a show).  More importantly, though, it's an amazing line up of musicians making some incredible music.  I think all it will take is people seeing the band and hearing the music...and the music will speak for itself.  The web site is the perfect opportunity to introduce the public to both.
At the Joint someone yelled WE WANT SLASH, and I wished that I had the vocal power to yell NO WE DON"T!

hihi  I argued with a guy one night at the Hammerstein.  While Axl was backstage, he starting yelling "Where's Slash?"  I screamed back, "He's in your ass!"  He laughed, then screamed "I wish he was.." then said something about Slash would rock the show or something.  I screamed back "WE DON'T NEED HIM!!" Other's around me agreed Grin  He didn't say much after that Grin Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Annie
« Reply #506 on: September 29, 2006, 10:26:00 PM »

Personally, I think each band member needs a kick-ass page of their own.? Too many people think that GnR is either the old line-up, or that it's Axl and "a bunch of other guys."? The current site, as it stands, does little to counter the latter of the two with all the pics of Axl, leaving everyone else to simply be mentioned/described in the text link.

I don't disagree, but I think there's a lot to be said for letting people know what they're in for.? There's a bit of a risk in having people buy tickets for this tour expecting to get the former line-up...the more people know about the current incarnation, the better off everyone will be, I think (for example, I somehow doubt members enjoy having people yell "where's Slash?" at them during a show).? More importantly, though, it's an amazing line up of musicians making some incredible music.? I think all it will take is people seeing the band and hearing the music...and the music will speak for itself.? The web site is the perfect opportunity to introduce the public to both.

hihi? I argued with a guy one night at the Hammerstein.? While Axl was backstage, he starting yelling "Where's Slash?"? I screamed back, "He's in your ass!"? He laughed, then screamed "I wish he was.." then said something about Slash would rock the show or something.? I screamed back "WE DON'T NEED HIM!!" Other's around me agreed Grin? He didn't say much after that Grin Grin
Good for you! You are a cool chick.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #507 on: September 30, 2006, 08:20:14 AM »

I took a quick skim through the thread and didn't see mention of this:
(this is the background on the site)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 08:21:55 AM by Scree77 » Logged

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #508 on: September 30, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »

Now it's time to redirect gnronline.com to gunsnroses.com  ok

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #509 on: September 30, 2006, 09:49:41 AM »

I took a quick skim through the thread and didn't see mention of this:
(this is the background on the site)

Yes... that's my desktop wallpaper.

It's definitely not the Chinese Democracy Tour then.

Anyone else feel sorry for GNRonline? It's sat there for so long and now.... it's been replaced by something better. I wonder if anything else will get put on it in future, will it vanish or continue sitting there so we can look back on it when we have CD in our hands and have a chuckle?

@#$%Funker
Steel_Angel
« Reply #510 on: September 30, 2006, 09:56:23 AM »

Maybe Gnronline.com will promote Chinese Democracy? it promoted 'live era'.
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #511 on: September 30, 2006, 11:08:23 AM »

This is huge!!! And its official, "GnR to spread democracy trough america" I like the site a lot!!! And its one more evidence that CD is coming out...I bet November!

Grest time forall GnR fans Smiley

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #512 on: September 30, 2006, 11:50:03 AM »

This is kinda regarding a comment some1 said... I honeslty can't imagine how neat it would be to see some studio clips of the band recording the songs, just because this record seems so legendary already. But ya, can;t wait for the CD. As long as Madagascar, The Blues, and Better are on it... it's already a winner in my book because I Love those 3 songs.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #513 on: September 30, 2006, 12:03:48 PM »

This is kinda regarding a comment some1 said... I honeslty can't imagine how neat it would be to see some studio clips of the band recording the songs, just because this record seems so legendary already. But ya, can;t wait for the CD. As long as Madagascar, The Blues, and Better are on it... it's already a winner in my book because I Love those 3 songs.

Don't forget TWAT = CLASSIC  ok

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Ak1nney
Rocker

« Reply #514 on: September 30, 2006, 12:17:56 PM »

Hell ya man, I actually havent heard the whole song yet, but it's good too. I think I will like every song on the album. Cause I like most every GNR song, just some more than others, but who knows.
benchiefjr
« Reply #515 on: September 30, 2006, 12:42:18 PM »

it looks great...better than Avenged Sevenfold's gay-ass flash site.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #516 on: September 30, 2006, 02:17:57 PM »

why http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp ??

I dont understand nothing about this  hihi

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #517 on: September 30, 2006, 02:25:52 PM »

why http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp ??

I dont understand nothing about this? hihi

the url is still gunsnroses.com, so it don't really matter

Heres to hoping GUNSNROSES.COM doesn't turn into the next GnrOnline.COM, we'll see if its updated, right now its has just as much content as gnronline.com, just with a few articles (and it looks a hell of a lot better)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #518 on: September 30, 2006, 05:34:39 PM »

new article on it!!!!

Guns N' Roses fans are back, and the band wants to thank them for the tremendous response to the first 24 hours of concert ticket sales.

Be sure to come back to the GN'R's all-new, official Web site for constantly updated news, exclusive video, music and more.

On Monday, GunsNRoses.com will debut video of GN'R from the 2006 European Tour. More video will be added all week, so come back often to see the latest.

You'll also find insider news directly from the band (without the tabloid Lies), special offers and much more.

Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
axlrosehunny
Banned
Rocker

I like cake

« Reply #519 on: September 30, 2006, 05:38:23 PM »

hmm with all this exlusive video mabey we will see a new dvd soon

If you dont like me, blow me!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: