Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 01:37:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228561 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 322920 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #480 on: September 29, 2006, 05:48:25 PM »

Man thing with Axl is its never intentional. He doesnt want riots or drama or controversy. You never hear shit like with that fake ass Vedder starting a bar fight. Its always random shit. Like having a clothes desgner taking swings at him. Or a cop injecting him with ?a needle. Or technical problems. Maybe he could do this or that, but he doesnt set out to create it. Controversy has always followed him. He is one of those kind of magnets.

And so it isnt just a clever title. They are as they have always been. And Axl is the reason for them being called this. And its accurate.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #481 on: September 29, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »

Did the new GNR site take over the old fan site that had was flash based?

Wake up. . . .time to die
Steel_Angel
« Reply #482 on: September 29, 2006, 06:18:09 PM »

It's a nice little site.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #483 on: September 29, 2006, 06:18:45 PM »

Again I love the fact we have a official site with offical news and information. I just hope they keep things fresh and updated.  Be happy we finally have something official!!!! The question I have is why wasnt this site working last night? I dont know if it was my connection at home or is there something brewing with heretoday and the new guns site??? hmmmm  drool

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #484 on: September 29, 2006, 06:23:46 PM »

They should follow Metallica and Pearl Jam's lead and offer downloads of each show mear hours afterwards...and put official setlists up!
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #485 on: September 29, 2006, 06:26:02 PM »

Guns N Roses Management must have bought the url www.gunsnrosesonline.com from the guy who had that great flash site.  Both www.gunsnroses.com & www.gunsnrosesonline.com link to the "new" site.

I hope that other guy gets a new web address - i loved his site.

Wake up. . . .time to die
Steel_Angel
« Reply #486 on: September 29, 2006, 06:27:53 PM »

i think axl must've made this site himself on frontpage express, to keep costs down
no.. no.. nahh
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #487 on: September 29, 2006, 06:37:25 PM »

They should follow Metallica and Pearl Jam's lead and offer downloads of each show mear hours afterwards...and put official setlists up!

riiiiiiight.....

they can't even make a modern-looking website, or ensure that pre-sale tickets work, and you expect them to offer recordings of live shows immediately after the gig?? this is grandpa axl you're talking about here....

When are you going to shut up?  Gonna give us a timescale, so we all know when to bother reading your posts again?
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #488 on: September 29, 2006, 06:44:31 PM »

i think axl must've made this site himself on frontpage express, to keep costs down

LMAO!

So true though, as much as it's nice to finally see (no complaints here), the site is pretty rough looking. hehe. It's all good though.

a.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #489 on: September 29, 2006, 07:41:07 PM »

anyone notice the "Live Era" tiny pics are gone...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #490 on: September 29, 2006, 08:34:24 PM »

Personally, I think each band member needs a kick-ass page of their own.  Too many people think that GnR is either the old line-up, or that it's Axl and "a bunch of other guys."  The current site, as it stands, does little to counter the latter of the two with all the pics of Axl, leaving everyone else to simply be mentioned/described in the text link. 

GnR has a stellar line up of musicians right now, with amazing history and credentials between them.  We've all seen some amazing photos on this board, and heard just how good this line up can be...I think that needs to be flaunted on the site, and give each member his due, as well as the respect they both have earned and deserve.  True, Axl will always overshadow the others - as well he should - but the general public needs to see, hear, and become familiar with the other members as the tour and album release date approaches.  Hopefully this is simply the first step...
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #491 on: September 29, 2006, 08:39:05 PM »

noticed that too

that means the site is not done =D
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #492 on: September 29, 2006, 08:40:34 PM »

Personally, I think each band member needs a kick-ass page of their own. ?Too many people think that GnR is either the old line-up, or that it's Axl and "a bunch of other guys." ?The current site, as it stands, does little to counter the latter of the two with all the pics of Axl, leaving everyone else to simply be mentioned/described in the text link.

I am sure the band member's recognition will come in due time. Right now though, they have to market Axl individually because he is the only one the general public really knows. Doing anything with any of the other band members would be somewhat counterproductive because no one knows who they are. People are going to have to be patient as this unfolds until more people learn about the guys once the album is released.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #493 on: September 29, 2006, 08:43:56 PM »

I think it's pretty clear...

Grin

hehehehehe.....someone's reading the board, eh?

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
EFISH
« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2006, 08:44:27 PM »

Where were the live era pics?
Sizzle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #495 on: September 29, 2006, 08:46:01 PM »

This means they are still tweaking it and adding things then, so maybe they'll get some pro promo photos added soon?
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #496 on: September 29, 2006, 08:46:11 PM »

quote author=Niko link=topic=36380.msg732484#msg732484 date=1159576745]

noticed that too

that means the site is not done =D

Yeah the pics are gone... someone's reading the board here,says no more olds members ?pics there. no
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 08:54:46 PM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2006, 08:46:18 PM »

Where were the live era pics?

They were behind the Register for Emails there.  It was the old old OLD pic of the band sitting against a wall.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2006, 08:53:17 PM »

well, at least we have something up....i agree with band member pages...there should be a bio for each band member, slick presentation, a chinese democracy studio clip as a loop would really REALLY increase traffic and interest.....

it seems they've taken the easy road so far, not much there....but hopefully it grows into something nice. i dont like those crazy sites with crazy symbols and all these loops u gotta jump thru just to get to a particular page...

.....make it clear and easy to navigate, quick to load...... but some sorta slick dark look or chinese democracy theme.....MAN, the site COULD be SOOOO cool........

i guess u always run the risk of over-doing and over-blowing it, giving up too much info, and then lose that GnR mystique.....i dont know............maybe a small, regular site IS better??? lolol
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2006, 09:01:15 PM »

Personally, I think each band member needs a kick-ass page of their own. ?Too many people think that GnR is either the old line-up, or that it's Axl and "a bunch of other guys." ?The current site, as it stands, does little to counter the latter of the two with all the pics of Axl, leaving everyone else to simply be mentioned/described in the text link.

I am sure the band member's recognition will come in due time. Right now though, they have to market Axl individually because he is the only one the general public really knows. Doing anything with any of the other band members would be somewhat counterproductive because no one knows who they are. People are going to have to be patient as this unfolds until more people learn about the guys once the album is released.

I don't disagree, but I think there's a lot to be said for letting people know what they're in for.  There's a bit of a risk in having people buy tickets for this tour expecting to get the former line-up...the more people know about the current incarnation, the better off everyone will be, I think (for example, I somehow doubt members enjoy having people yell "where's Slash?" at them during a show).  More importantly, though, it's an amazing line up of musicians making some incredible music.  I think all it will take is people seeing the band and hearing the music...and the music will speak for itself.  The web site is the perfect opportunity to introduce the public to both.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: