Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:29:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 299341 times)
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #2120 on: March 30, 2016, 02:46:36 PM »

Do y'all know of any way to change the "Your Info" area's information? I have changed my display name at the beginning when prompted to but am unable to change my password from the reset temporary password that was in e-mail from yesterday. I understand they've just changed a lot of this system over so there may not be a way to at this time.

Oh she's a cornshucker!
JMB-GNR
Headliner

DD Frontman

« Reply #2121 on: March 31, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »

Do y'all know of any way to change the "Your Info" area's information? I have changed my display name at the beginning when prompted to but am unable to change my password from the reset temporary password that was in e-mail from yesterday. I understand they've just changed a lot of this system over so there may not be a way to at this time.

I had the same problem and it was fixed after an email to support. But maybe a little 'patience' would also solve your problems.

This was in the reply I got from support:
The site is undergoing a change and once the work is complete. the site will allow you to log in. 
We are diligently working to make the changes as quickly as we can.

Graspop'06 | Nijmegen'06 | Antwerpen'10 | Arnhem'10 | Rotterdam'12 | Monchengladbach'12 | London'17 | Nijmegen'17 | Nijmegen'18 | Groningen '22 | Weert '23
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2122 on: March 31, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »

Tried to "verify my email" multiple times - still says "unveryfied"Huh?

They sent me an email with a link to verify my email account.  When I click the link it takes me to the login page.  When I log in it tells me that I'm seeing that message page because I have NOT verified my email account.  So I clicked the link for them to send me another email verification.  Same issue.  I even checked my profile page and it confirms that my email has NOT been verified.  In the meantime, they've sent me five emails.  One confirming my username and password.  Another with my membership order confirmation.  Another for newsletters.  And the two email verification link emails that don't work.  Roll Eyes

Edited to add:
But they had no issues instantly charging my credit card.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:58:43 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2123 on: March 31, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »

A) I'm not sure the "verified" email actually gets you anything at this point. Probably be important once the message boards are back to life.

B) At this point, I have faith that, should anything be announced prior to the redesign, they will get us ALL codes.  They're not shy about sending emails for everything else under the sun, even now. So I think THAT they'd manage to get to us lickety split.

C) I think "Patience" is the word right now.  The fact that we're in, and they have our correct "expiration dates" associated with our accounts is the absolute best sign possible. The rest is details. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
lassie4ever
Headliner

« Reply #2124 on: March 31, 2016, 04:18:42 PM »

i logged into the new site but the forum seems to be gone ?
Dizzy4Izzy
Opening Act

« Reply #2125 on: March 31, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »

Hi guys, I am new to the GNR message boards.  I signed up for a deluxe Nightrain membership in March, but can't access my account anymore.  I know it was shut down for awhile but I see a lot of you have gotten back in somehow. 

I've got tix to the April 9th show, and don't want to miss out on anything, or pre sales for upcoming shows. 

Any advice to the new guy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2126 on: March 31, 2016, 04:30:15 PM »

A) I'm not sure the "verified" email actually gets you anything at this point. Probably be important once the message boards are back to life.

B) At this point, I have faith that, should anything be announced prior to the redesign, they will get us ALL codes.  They're not shy about sending emails for everything else under the sun, even now. So I think THAT they'd manage to get to us lickety split.

C) I think "Patience" is the word right now.  The fact that we're in, and they have our correct "expiration dates" associated with our accounts is the absolute best sign possible. The rest is details. Smiley

They were able to have the site "ready" enough to take our $$$ but not for fans to be able to perform the simplest of tasks there?

No offense directed at you pilferk but that's bullshit.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2127 on: March 31, 2016, 06:08:40 PM »

They were able to have the site "ready" enough to take our $$$ but not for fans to be able to perform the simplest of tasks there?

No offense directed at you pilferk but that's bullshit.

They has my money back in january, sooooooo.....your mileage may vary.

If things dont shape up over the next week.....go ahead and flip tables. But i think this partial rollout is actually meant to allay fears, and get stuff processed, before the crush of crazy after the official announcement of dates.  Rather than waiting til closer, flipping the switch, and yaving their servers get buried by the traffic.

I think everything you want will eventually be there. Think of this as early access or a beta test.

Together again,
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2128 on: March 31, 2016, 06:38:20 PM »

If things dont shape up over the next week.....go ahead and flip tables. But i think this partial rollout is actually meant to allay fears, and get stuff processed, before the crush of crazy after the official announcement of dates.  Rather than waiting til closer, flipping the switch, and yaving their servers get buried by the traffic.

I think everything you want will eventually be there. Think of this as early access or a beta test.

If they wanted to "allay fears and get stuff processed before the crush of crazy" don't you think they should have done it back in January or even February?

Just seems fucked up that the official website isn't 100% up n' running the day before the first (rumored) show.

No flipping tables on my part.  I'm just waiting on my hoodie and hoping for a live stream at some point in time.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2129 on: March 31, 2016, 06:56:32 PM »

If they wanted to "allay fears and get stuff processed before the crush of crazy" don't you think they should have done it back in January or even February?

Just seems fucked up that the official website isn't 100% up n' running the day before the first (rumored) show.

No flipping tables on my part.  I'm just waiting on my hoodie and hoping for a live stream at some point in time.

I don't think the relationship with LiveNation existed in Jan or Feb. I don't think, when they reopened nightrain membership purchase ability, under Wonder, in mid January, they knew this was coming.  Maybe the Coachella and mexico city show sales brought up some issues that Wonder couldn't address, so THATS when they found they had to go with someone else. Or maybe the wonder contract came up, and they couldn't negotiate the erms they thought they'd be able to. I don't know. But something precipitated a relatively quick switch.

So how do you do something before the events leading up to that thing...the cause of it....happen, or you know they are going to happen?

Is this an ideal situation? No.

Is it a clusterfuck of the highest order? No.

Its a transition. Its happening as things occur, in real time. Short of employing clairvoyants, i'm not sure how they get around this.

If tix go on sale, and we dont all get presale access.....then its time to get pissed, imho. We have the info we NEED, for the most part, with assurances from the post that the things we want are coming very soon. Its been like 3 days.  Netflix and chill. Smiley May i suggest Daredevil?

Together again,
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2130 on: March 31, 2016, 07:16:02 PM »

Its a transition. Its happening as things occur, in real time. Short of employing clairvoyants, i'm not sure how they get around this.

If tix go on sale, and we dont all get presale access.....then its time to get pissed, imho. We have the info we NEED, for the most part, with assurances from the post that the things we want are coming very soon. Its been like 3 days.  Netflix and chill. Smiley May i suggest Daredevil?
It makes no sense to me for them to relaunch before the transition was complete.  IMHO, it just causes more anxiety for the fans.

What assurances?  I missed the post with the assurances!!!

and I don't have Netflix  Cry

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2131 on: March 31, 2016, 07:27:35 PM »

It makes no sense to me for them to relaunch before the transition was complete.  IMHO, it just causes more anxiety for the fans.

What assurances?  I missed the post with the assurances!!!

and I don't have Netflix  Cry

It makes sense if you are worried about a coming volume crunch. It gets people in, and processed, before then. It lets you test some systems, and build up others around actual users, instead of theory crafting. If you anticipate that, by the time of full launch "something" may have already occured, or will be in the midst of occurring, you prop up what you can to help abate volume, prior to that.

Also, if the shows got announced before ANYTHING was propped up...even this...can you imagine the anxiety then? Talk about turning it up to 11! I mean..what do YOU think the biggest reason for subscription is? This pretty much is the "yes, yes...we will get you you presale passwords...shhh....its all good" thing, too.

See post above with response from support. Smiley they are working to prop up the new site, likely with all the features that were asked about, as soon as possible. Thats an assurance. Its vague, but it is one.

And no netflix explains anxiety!! :p

Edit: to be clear....you just cant verify your email addy, right? You can log in, etc? What do you think email verification is going to get you, or not get you?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:32:24 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2132 on: March 31, 2016, 08:50:51 PM »

Edit: to be clear....you just cant verify your email addy, right? You can log in, etc? What do you think email verification is going to get you, or not get you?
This is the first time I signed up there.  I don't know what should be available there that I can't get somewhere else.

I don't know what areas of the website I need to be a member to access and wanted everything in place in case Fernando decided to live stream the surprise show there or something.

And I wanted the hoodie and t-shirt so $85 seemed fine.  (I don't need that site to get pre-sale passwords because one of the credit card companies usually has that too.)

The entire sign up process was messed up (for me) from the start.  It took me like four tries to complete the entire process.  First it said the format for my username was wrong but didn't tell me what format was correct.  Then it wanted a different display name.  Then the screen to order the membership package wasn't accessible.  So after three tries, I gave up.  An hour or so later, I get an email welcoming me and confirming my login/display name & password were fine.  I logged in and got that email verification error message but was still able to order my hoodie membership.

It just seemed weird that they were pushing for new members to sign up and telling existing members to sit tight before all the kinks were worked out. Hard to believe changing web servers would be this much an issue for them.  And if even the sign up process is a major kink then things don't look promising for whatever might have been available there exclusively for the first (rumored) show tomorrow or whatever.  Just seems like a poor time to be testing things out.

Is Daredevil available on demand or is it exclusive to Netflix?  "Exclusive" doesn't seem to be working out very well for me at the moment.  hihi

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2133 on: March 31, 2016, 08:58:41 PM »

This has been sort of clumsy.  I don't think that can be denied.

But I'm torn between being used things being fucked up with this whole operation...but balanced against the fact that what they've been doing the past few months has been the most coherent and competent promotion I have seen from them in literally decades.

I think it was smart allowing us to be able to log in and see that our memberships were still valid.  At least for me, that was pretty much all I needed confirmed right now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2134 on: March 31, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »

As long as no one are missing out on anything (like presales), and things are sorted out by then, I'm all good.

Really no immediate need for the Nightrain community site. Sure, the forum is nice, but I'm more active here to be honest.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2135 on: March 31, 2016, 09:06:19 PM »

Yeah, I'm never going to post there more than here.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2136 on: April 01, 2016, 03:08:04 AM »

Check out the website  Wink
suicide
VIP

« Reply #2137 on: April 01, 2016, 04:37:59 AM »

Check out http://www.gunsnroses.com/ !!!

APRIL FOOLS?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:45:04 AM by suicide » Logged
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2138 on: April 01, 2016, 04:56:17 AM »

Tried to "verify my email" multiple times - still says "unveryfied"Huh?

They sent me an email with a link to verify my email account.  When I click the link it takes me to the login page.  When I log in it tells me that I'm seeing that message page because I have NOT verified my email account.  So I clicked the link for them to send me another email verification.  Same issue.  I even checked my profile page and it confirms that my email has NOT been verified.  In the meantime, they've sent me five emails.  One confirming my username and password.  Another with my membership order confirmation.  Another for newsletters.  And the two email verification link emails that don't work.  Roll Eyes

EXACT same thing here.....well.....hope they fix this soon.  ok

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #2139 on: April 01, 2016, 08:03:11 AM »

This is the first time I signed up there.  I don't know what should be available there that I can't get somewhere else.

I don't know what areas of the website I need to be a member to access and wanted everything in place in case Fernando decided to live stream the surprise show there or something.

And I wanted the hoodie and t-shirt so $85 seemed fine.  (I don't need that site to get pre-sale passwords because one of the credit card companies usually has that too.)

The entire sign up process was messed up (for me) from the start.  It took me like four tries to complete the entire process.  First it said the format for my username was wrong but didn't tell me what format was correct.  Then it wanted a different display name.  Then the screen to order the membership package wasn't accessible.  So after three tries, I gave up.  An hour or so later, I get an email welcoming me and confirming my login/display name & password were fine.  I logged in and got that email verification error message but was still able to order my hoodie membership.

It just seemed weird that they were pushing for new members to sign up and telling existing members to sit tight before all the kinks were worked out. Hard to believe changing web servers would be this much an issue for them.  And if even the sign up process is a major kink then things don't look promising for whatever might have been available there exclusively for the first (rumored) show tomorrow or whatever.  Just seems like a poor time to be testing things out.

Is Daredevil available on demand or is it exclusive to Netflix?  "Exclusive" doesn't seem to be working out very well for me at the moment.  hihi

Ok...let me help: email verification likely is required for posting on the new message boards, when they appear, and not much else. Thats all it gets you on other livenation spots.

Again, its not perfect, but i thing there is method to their madness...and you might see why, partially, today.

They are doing more than switching web servers. They are switching providers, from wonderunion to livenation. They are switching platforms, as well (which is not just servers, its all the software, etc, behind the scenes). Thats a hinkey process. And it seems they are under some time constraints to get stuff out before other "stuff" happens.

Yeah, daredevil (and jessica jones...also very good) are netflix exclusive. Imho, worth a $10 outlay to binge watch them for a month, alone. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:17:50 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: