Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 10:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 299744 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #2040 on: March 29, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »

It's not odd considering they're probably transferring the site to a new system.

It's like moving. Not everything is done as soon as you get to the new place.

/jarmo

I don't know what's up, but I've been working as a web developer for years now, and launching a new site should not be done little by little. Just build the new site behind the scenes and put it out there when it's complete. A break as long as this one is not necessary.

But of course, they might be having some serious problems with the system they were not expecting etc.

Still, it seems odd that the "almost complete" site was up for a little while but then it was shut down again and replaced with the temporary site.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2041 on: March 29, 2016, 10:38:28 AM »

Still, it seems odd that the "almost complete" site was up for a little while but then it was shut down again and replaced with the temporary site.

If I got this right, the 'almost complete' site that we had for the last couple of months were designed and run by Wonderful Union. This temporary site now is designed by Ticketmaster, and I suspect a switch from WU to TM was made within the last few weeks. TM is probably designing a brand new site from scratch, in the same style as the temp site.

This is what I think happened.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2042 on: March 29, 2016, 10:59:33 AM »

If I got this right, the 'almost complete' site that we had for the last couple of months were designed and run by Wonderful Union. This temporary site now is designed by Ticketmaster, and I suspect a switch from WU to TM was made within the last few weeks. TM is probably designing a brand new site from scratch, in the same style as the temp site.

Do you think existing memberships will be honored?

Or will we have to sign up, again.  And pay up, again.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2043 on: March 29, 2016, 11:01:18 AM »

The website does mention, "Current Members sit tight."
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2044 on: March 29, 2016, 11:03:19 AM »

I know that.

I'm asking what you guys think the end result winds up being.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2045 on: March 29, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »

Not sure how they will work that out. I imagine it's possible to credit existing members with a membership.

Depends on who was getting paid for the memberships, was it Wonderful Union or Guns N Roses themselves? If the money went to WU, I imagine they'll have to refund the money and we'll have to sign up again with TM.

If the money for the original memberships went to GN'R, they could just transfer our existing memberships over to TM now.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2046 on: March 29, 2016, 11:10:26 AM »

I suspect will have to sign up again and pay up again.

When the airlines merged, we were all told it would be seamless.  It was not seamless.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #2047 on: March 29, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »

I know that.

Just speculation, but if everything is now being handled by Live Nation that could make the old company supporting Nighttrain redundant and/or invalid for presales. Could be that existing members get refunded and have to pay Live Nation for the membership... OR maybe the accounts just transfer, but I imagine there is a fee that the old company collected (as a percentage of the membership) that Live Nation would want to collect to support the fan club (BUT because they get to make money on the tour maybe they waive that for existing members). Again just speculation, but I could see that being the added complexity.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2048 on: March 29, 2016, 11:15:53 AM »

I suspect will have to sign up again and pay up again.

When the airlines merged, we were all told it would be seamless.  It was not seamless.

I'm also quite sure we'll have to sign up again, we're getting over on another system so they will probably have to build the membership database from scratch.

It doesn't necessarily mean we have to pay when we sign up, it could be some sort of credit arrangement. WU has the original membership database. If TM gets that list, they could send out a code to those members which can be used when signing up for new memberships, thus not having to pay one more time.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2049 on: March 29, 2016, 11:17:30 AM »

Is it fair to ask about the lack of foresight here?

Why set up Wonderful Union for like, 20 minutes, if you knew you would need something else for the full tour we all knew was coming?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #2050 on: March 29, 2016, 11:20:43 AM »

I know that.

Just speculation, but if everything is now being handled by Live Nation that could make the old company supporting Nighttrain redundant and/or invalid for presales. Could be that existing members get refunded and have to pay Live Nation for the membership... OR maybe the accounts just transfer, but I imagine there is a fee that the old company collected (as a percentage of the membership) that Live Nation would want to collect to support the fan club (BUT because they get to make money on the tour maybe they waive that for existing members). Again just speculation, but I could see that being the added complexity.

I definitely think that could be an issue they are working out right now...

I am sure TB doesn't want existing members to have to pay again for the same membership.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #2051 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:25 AM »

I renewed my membership March 6th....LOL

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #2052 on: March 29, 2016, 11:23:36 AM »

I know that.

I am pessimistic about this only because I work in an industry where things like this happen all the time.  My company has created software that was supposed to ensure a 'seamless' transition for existing accounts and there are always problems.  And those saying something is wrong are definitely right.  There is no reason for this to take as long as it has.  

My solution for this problem.  You have the contact information for all existing members.  If you don't know how much money to refund because there were so many different packages, then you've gotta offer them a 6-month, 1-year, whatever period of free membership AND you need to give them a first shot at all presales.  What that means is that there is a presale before the presale.  All new subscribers have their presale after the 'existing' members presale.  
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2053 on: March 29, 2016, 11:24:03 AM »

I am sure TB doesn't want existing members to have to pay again for the same membership.

I doubt that as well.  But handling that would be messy.

We all paid for different levels of memberships.  Some of us got certain items along with it.  

If the only way to handle that is a refund, it would have to be done on a pro rata basis.  Figured out by when you signed up, what you got in terms of merch, etc.

So, essentially, you need to start crunching some numbers and come up with a reasonable figure you will have wound up charging people for a t-shirt and a lanyard.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2054 on: March 29, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »

If you don't know how much money to refund because there were so many different packages, then you've gotta offer them a 6-month, 1-year, whatever period of free membership AND you need to give them a first shot at all presales.  What that means is that there is a presale before the presale.  All new subscribers have their presale after the 'existing' members presale.  

This...is my biggest concern.

I signed up the first day they re-opened.  That doesn't put me ahead of anyone that was already signed up before it closed down last December.

But it damn sure put me ahead of who will sign up the day its re-opened again.  Is that honored?  Don't know.

But this is what "sit tight" gets you.  People assume the worst.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2055 on: March 29, 2016, 11:27:13 AM »

Would an e-mail to we existing members have killed them? 

Would have avoided all of, well...this.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2056 on: March 29, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »

Is it fair to ask about the lack of foresight here?

Why set up Wonderful Union for like, 20 minutes, if you knew you would need something else for the full tour we all knew was coming?

I imagine it all has to do with which promoter they went with for the tour.

Maybe they thought it would be a split between AEG and Live Nation for the full tour, but it ended up being Live Nation only. Had it been two different promoters, it would make sense to have a 3rd party (WU) handling the pre-sales. When it ended up being Live Nation only, they figured it would go much smoother if they eliminated one link (WU) and let LN handle everything themselves.

Maybe they now have made a deal to become a Live Nation artist for future shows as well, like a 5 year deal or something.

AEG are promoting the Vegas shows, so they couldn't switch to Live Nation (for the website) before. I don't think Live Nation would agree to handle pre-sales for an AEG-show.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2057 on: March 29, 2016, 11:31:07 AM »

AEG are promoting the Vegas shows, so they couldn't switch to Live Nation (for the website) before. I don't think Live Nation would agree to handle pre-sales for an AEG-show.

Very probably.

And really, anyone that signed up when they re-opened and used that perk to get tickets for Vegas, they have no beef.  Worked out for them, and well worth it.

Its we people that signed up with no intention of going to Vegas, but did so to be all set when our local show was announced that feel a wee bit uneasy right about now.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2058 on: March 29, 2016, 11:34:49 AM »

Very probably.

And really, anyone that signed up when they re-opened and used that perk to get tickets for Vegas, they have no beef.  Worked out for them, and well worth it.

Its we people that signed up with no intention of going to Vegas, but did so to be all set when our local show was announced that feel a wee bit uneasy right about now.

I don't think we have anything to worry about.

If they require us to sign up again for new memberships, and get refunded for the original ones, that's alright I think.

It's a little bit of hassle, but no big deal really.

I can't imagine they will ask us to pay for new memberships and not get refunded for the old ones. I don't think that's an option.

Sweetness is a virtue
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #2059 on: March 29, 2016, 11:38:22 AM »

I can't imagine they will ask us to pay for new memberships and not get refunded for the old ones. I don't think that's an option.

Nor I.

But I do think any possible refund we get would only be a fraction of what we paid.  And if you didn't use any of the presales for those first 5 shows, you'll have paid whatever they kept for lapel pins and lanyards.

And then you have to pony up again to get presales for the upcoming shows.

Which I will do, because...honestly, what's the alternative?  But we should, at that point, be free to say that's a bit of a crock.  It would be hard to spin as a great deal for us.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: