Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:42:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  the GUNSNROSES.COM thread
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 113 Go Down Print
Author Topic: the GUNSNROSES.COM thread  (Read 321829 times)
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #1040 on: October 04, 2006, 06:37:19 PM »

maybe they're trying to make gnr seem cooler, because of the guest performers (izzy, sebastian)

LOL, he's probably just friends with Sebastian, looks like they had fun performing together.? Cool If they wanted to make them look 'cooler' they'd probably try to get someone like Paris Hilton (LOL, yeah right, but someone who's on MTV these days) to perform together with gnr.
I like Paris and all, but that is so wrong on so many levels.

Yeah I know! ?smoking Don't you think most of the "big MTV stars" of today aren't good enough to play with gnr? I don't care who they pick, in my mind they're all just as ..suitable.. as Paris, and should not perform with gnr just to make them look cool and 'hip' in MTV-watching kids' eyes LMAO. ?no
Cjc1706
VIP

I Rocked With Gn'R In Manchester & Sheffield '06

« Reply #1041 on: October 04, 2006, 06:37:31 PM »

right lets get this fucking straight .....

Im glad that they put the 2 donnington songs on the site.... they are good performances and really promote the new lineup well...... I IN NO WAY think that just because i have seen this footage before makes me any better than anyone else.... I IN NO WAY am raining on peoples parades because i have seen this footage before.....

End of story thankyou and goodnight ....

CJ
Irish gunner II
Rocker

IRISH BY BIRTH, CORK BY THE GRACE OF GOD

« Reply #1042 on: October 04, 2006, 06:38:56 PM »

Its my michelle from donington with Baz. Why am i not suprised.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 06:41:22 PM by Nu gunner » Logged
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1043 on: October 04, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »

I said " COOL, its the 2 donnington songs that were aired on channel 4 months back ..." asin im pleased that they are the 2 songs that were chosen because they were filmed really well...... and i think they are good performances

CJ

Agree with you there, CJ  - by the way, every time I see your screen name I think of that brilliant Leonard Rossiter sitcom, The Fall and Rise of Reggie Perrin; any connection there or am I just showing my age?!  Grin  Anyway, I just wanted to add that I'm really pleased that they're showing these songs from Donington too - historic location and enthusiastic crowd, won over by sheer persistance from the band.  What the hell, I'd even go so far as to say that I feel honoured that the first GN'R performances to be shown on this, the first official band-approved site, came from a British gig.  And, to top it all off, a show where I know that somewhere in that sea of faces, I'm there - along with many other HTGTH regulars, and our esteemed leader, of course.  Wink

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
Cjc1706
VIP

« Reply #1044 on: October 04, 2006, 06:50:43 PM »

I said " COOL, its the 2 donnington songs that were aired on channel 4 months back ..." asin im pleased that they are the 2 songs that were chosen because they were filmed really well...... and i think they are good performances

CJ

Agree with you there, CJ? - by the way, every time I see your screen name I think of that brilliant Leonard Rossiter sitcom, The Fall and Rise of Reggie Perrin; any connection there or am I just showing my age?!? Grin?

Haha, nah thers no connection there lol ..... i dont even really know the show that your on about .... maybe you can enlighten me ?

Cheers

CJ
robinfinckfan
« Reply #1045 on: October 04, 2006, 06:56:29 PM »

ok, are they at any point in time going to reveal something " new" and "unheard" that somewhat promotes a " new" album?

the vids are cool, i'm glad they are there but i tell a friend to go check it out and he's like yeah dude same songs everybody has heard for the last 15-20 yrs, just let me know when cd comes out.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1046 on: October 04, 2006, 07:01:11 PM »

hopefully this month like a single or something, or frozeninfernos gonna be pissed Sad cmon GNR, GET ON THE BALL. i feel like beta..
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #1047 on: October 04, 2006, 07:20:12 PM »

CJ

Agree with you there, CJ  - by the way, every time I see your screen name I think of that brilliant Leonard Rossiter sitcom, The Fall and Rise of Reggie Perrin; any connection there or am I just showing my age?!  Grin 

Haha, nah thers no connection there lol ..... i dont even really know the show that your on about .... maybe you can enlighten me ?

Cheers

CJ

BBC sitcom from the mid 1970's; different from most of the other fare on offer.  Best description is here from the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/f/fallandriseofreg_7772565.shtml

And just to keep this post vaguely (very vaguely) on topic and linked to the wonderful drama that is the world of GNR, here is a one sentence summing up:

The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin was quite unlike most other sitcoms: it employed a serial storyline and featured adult themes of disillusionment and loss, and a central character who was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Oh and CJ, it's probably just as well that you're not modelling yourself on *that* CJ.  hihi

cyllan

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #1048 on: October 04, 2006, 07:20:15 PM »

cool..... its the 2 donnington songs that were aired on channel 4 months back ...

CJ

Seriously dude, most of us don't live anywhere near Europe and this is all new to us...  Stop raining on everyone else's parade.

Cheers,

Andrew

Dude what the fuck ?  Why am i raining on everyone elses parade ?  I said " COOL, its the 2 donnington songs that were aired on channel 4 months back ..." asin im pleased that they are the 2 songs that were chosen because they were filmed really well...... and i think they are good performances

I DIDNT say ...

"oh for fuck sake why the fuck are they showing donnington songs for .... wtf !!!1!!11one!!!eleven!!!"

Notice the difference ?  ok

CJ

He mistook your post for sarcasm.

I thought you were being straight, but if you go back and read what you wrote, it can be interpreted as kinda sarcastic too - it's hard to tell on the Internet.
Cjc1706
VIP

« Reply #1049 on: October 04, 2006, 07:22:57 PM »

CJ

Agree with you there, CJ? - by the way, every time I see your screen name I think of that brilliant Leonard Rossiter sitcom, The Fall and Rise of Reggie Perrin; any connection there or am I just showing my age?!? Grin?

Cheers

CJ

BBC sitcom from the mid 1970's; different from most of the other fare on offer.? Best description is here from the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/f/fallandriseofreg_7772565.shtml

And just to keep this post vaguely (very vaguely) on topic and linked to the wonderful drama that is the world of GNR, here is a one sentence summing up:

The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin was quite unlike most other sitcoms: it employed a serial storyline and featured adult themes of disillusionment and loss, and a central character who was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

Oh and CJ, it's probably just as well that you're not modelling yourself on *that* CJ.? hihi

cyllan

Haha cool,

Thats something new ive learnt ...... lol

The only CJ that i know in a sitcom atm is in '8 Simple Rules' on abc1 lol

God all these ppl copying my name lol

CJ
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1050 on: October 04, 2006, 07:32:03 PM »

ow th ehell can i watch these videos? they dont work for me when i click on watch video

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Steel_Angel
« Reply #1051 on: October 04, 2006, 07:34:03 PM »

ow th ehell can i watch these videos? they dont work for me when i click on watch video
mozille. works for me everytime.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1052 on: October 04, 2006, 07:35:42 PM »

I can't believe some people are surprised the videos released are ones with Izzy and Bach in them. Having them in a promo video like these are meant to be makes a whole lot more sense than just the band because it gives that extra little bit of star power to the video. Outside of Axl, ?Bach and Izzy are more recognizable to the general public than anyone else in the band. They are smart to try and play off that even if it doesn't promote the new line-up.
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #1053 on: October 04, 2006, 08:17:56 PM »

Thank you but not yet.

-----Original Message-----
To: Merck Mercuriadis
Sent: Wed Oct 04 19:55:54 2006
Subject: Re: GnR Inquiry

The website really looks good. The fans are very pleased to finally
have an official online domain provided by the greatest band in the world.

Any word on when we can purchase enrollment into the Guns And Roses
Official Fan Club and/or what it will offer? Thanks a million.

Keep up the great work,
Anthony

^^^
email from Merck.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1054 on: October 04, 2006, 08:39:45 PM »

go to youtube and search guns n roses donnington, you'll find them on there no problem, they've been there for about 3 months.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1055 on: October 04, 2006, 08:48:29 PM »

I can't believe some people are surprised the videos released are ones with Izzy and Bach in them. Having them in a promo video like these are meant to be makes a whole lot more sense than just the band because it gives that extra little bit of star power to the video. Outside of Axl, ?Bach and Izzy are more recognizable to the general public than anyone else in the band. They are smart to try and play off that even if it doesn't promote the new line-up.

Well said and I totally agree with you on that. ?ok

Actually, I hadn't seen this footage before... and I love it!!!

Also, the recording sounds good and some of the camera shots are absolutely beautiful... especially with the evening sky. ?yes

beer
W.R.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #1056 on: October 04, 2006, 08:52:31 PM »

Have you guy's posted the link to other messageboards?  It might not be a bad idea, especially now with the video up.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1057 on: October 04, 2006, 09:14:33 PM »

yeah its definitely not a coincidence that both videos so far have guest performers........

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #1058 on: October 04, 2006, 09:39:15 PM »

I thinks it's cool they are adding theses videos. Nice to see them add two already this week. That's more than we got out of the other Guns N' Roses site in 6 years.  hihi 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1059 on: October 04, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »

its obvious marketing tactics to have bach and izzy in those 2 videos...
nobody else knows or cares who the fuck the other guys are

they have deviate from anyone thinking about slash duff etc....

this is a song about your fucking mother!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 113 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: