Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 01:08:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Amy Winehouse
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amy Winehouse  (Read 12621 times)
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »

I don't think "Rehab" is that good at all.  "You Know I'm No Good" is much better but I have to agree with Falcon on the novelty act thing.  There's one every year.  It was Gnarles Barkley last year (and yes, I did love the "Crazy" song like everyone else did).

Novelty?  Are you crazy?  She has been a pretty succesful artist for a few years now.  The first album was a hit too, just not on the scale of the recent one.

Nope, not kidding.

I seriously doubt she'll have any kind of staying power here in the US.

I doubt she' (or the label) will worry about the staying power in the US - in an ideal world yes, but in the real world no British artist is expected ot have longevity in the US.  She has shifted a lot of units over there for a UK artist though in comparison to her peers.

yep, even Queen had no sucess in the US after the 'I want to break free' video. The American public didn't get the joke.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2007, 02:37:31 AM »

Well, according to news reports Amy Winehouse has finally booked herself into rehab. She is staying at a clinic that costs approximately $17,000 a day!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2007, 09:40:44 AM »

She is staying at a clinic that costs approximately $17,000 a day!

Oh, the beauty...

She's going to a damn spa instead of rehab.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2007, 03:58:23 PM »

She played at Lollapollooza in Chi-town and everyone who went to see her said she looked like she totally didn't want to perform and could have fallen asleep on the stage. I didn't go so I can't vouch for this.

But, she does need to clean up a bit and not mix so many uppers then downers - holy shit her system! It doesn't know what to do. If you go onto tmz.com today you'll see a picture of her all cut up along with her hubby. Seems she is trying to get clean on her own and was weak and was about to do drugs with a hooker and the hubby walked in and said she wasn't worth his time and she tried to cut him but he saved her from doing drugs! She said she was cutting herself so she wouldn't take a hit off the crack pipe.

I do think she is talented but more addicted than even Anna Nicole Smith. Would be a shame if she can't get some help or kick some habits and the same thing happens.

We'll have to see about the whole US thing though. I know plenty who like her. And I can't liken her to Knarls Barkley cause I wasn't crazy about Crazy - it seemed like a rip off of Seal's Crazy but with a more upbeat feeling.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »

Winehouse flees hotel, bloodied

LONDON (AP) -- A British newspaper splashed photos of singer Amy Winehouse bloody and bruised across its Friday edition after she allegedly had a fight with her husband.

The photos, supposedly taken early Thursday morning, showed Winehouse wearing blood-soaked ballet shoes, with bruises to her neck, bandages on her arms and makeup smeared down her face.

However, a gossip website reported that Winehouse had said her injuries were self-inflicted.

Police confirmed they had been called to an incident at a London hotel by a concerned member of the public but said no charges were filed.

The singer announced Tuesday that she was postponing her upcoming U.S. and Canadian tour dates after she cancelled August performances due to "severe exhaustion."

Britain's Press Association said the couple were staying in the hotel after leaving a drug rehabilitation clinic in Essex, east of London.

The Daily Mail also published photos of Winehouse together with her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, after the alleged fight. His face and neck were covered in scratches.

U.S. gossip website perezhilton.com said it received text messages from Winehouse explaining the incident and denying Fielder-Civil was responsible for her injuries.

"Blake is the best man in the world. We would never ever harm each other," the Web site quoted Winehouse as saying. "I was cutting myself after he found me in our room about to do drugs . . . and rightly said I wasn't good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life."

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2007, 12:06:38 AM »

Sweet way to kickoff a tour.  At least when Axl goes on late he plays a full show (mostly) and isn't stumbling drunk.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_uk_afp/entertainmentbritainmusicpeoplewinehouse

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2007, 10:04:38 AM »

this is what drugs and alcohol do to artists.

Shes practically been giving an amazing opportunity of being famous, lots of money, travelling around the world, but no, she goes and fucks it all up cause she wants to snort some lines.

At least crue still did good shows even though they were totally fucked.
And aerosmith (minus the different line up years).

html sucks
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2007, 03:18:12 PM »

Sorry to sound sexist but girls aren't really built for that kind of drug abuse.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
noGnoG
Headliner

All we need is just a little patience

« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2007, 03:55:03 PM »

I'd say men aren't either. It's beyond fun what she's doing. Its sad.

June 09 '06 - Dublin, Ireland
June 24 '06 - Dessel, Belgium
July 02 '06 - Nijmegen, Holland
October 03 '10 - Arnhem, Holland
June 08 '12 - M?nchengladbach, Germany
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2007, 06:38:48 PM »

Sorry to sound sexist but girls aren't really built for that kind of drug abuse.

Tell that to Courtney Love........she could out shoot you in heroin any day 10 fold. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2007, 03:42:47 PM »

SHOCKER! Winehouse Cancels Tour!

Posted Nov 27th 2007 1:09PM by TMZ Staff

Wreckamess Amy Winehouse has canceled all of her remaining appearances for the rest of the year, The Sun is reporting today.

The singer looked frail and nearly incoherent in a recent performance. Rumors are that she's out of control since her husband was imprisoned on charges of interfering with an investigation.

The Sun quoted her as saying, "I can't give it my all onstage without my Blake. I'm so sorry but I don't want to do the shows half-heartedly. I love singing. My husband is everything to me and without him it's just not the same."

Ticketholders will get refunds.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/11/27/shocker-winehouse-cancels-tour/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

Amy Whinehouse=  rant

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 09:18:42 AM »

Well, according to news reports Amy Winehouse has finally booked herself into rehab. She is staying at a clinic that costs approximately $17,000 a day!

$17,000 ?  rofl

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2007, 02:08:05 PM »

Amy Winehouse Arrested -- Allegedly "Perverts Justice"

Posted Dec 18th 2007 1:31PM by TMZ Staff

Yes yes yes! Singer Amy Winehouse has been arrested on suspicion of "perverting the course of justice" -- the UK's version of interfering with a police investigation.

TMZ has confirmed that the arrest was made "by appointment" in London today.

Last month, Winehouse's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was arrested for the same thing -- related to the case of an alleged assault on a bartender last June.

Winehouse recently canceled her UK tour, supposedly because she was too upset over the arrest of Mr. Winehouse.

Someone, anyone ... please help!

Story developing ...

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »

Blah......celebrity drama is so late 2006/early 2007.  Does anyone really give a shit what these twats do anymore?  Musically she's pretty decent, but as much as her personal life is concerned, I could give a flying fuck. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2007, 06:31:06 PM »

her name should be "amy whinehouse"

html sucks
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »

Well done Russel Brand. From about a year and a half ago.

I jest!, don't be offended.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Angel Down
Banned
Rocker

Some Kinda Magic

« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2008, 04:22:08 AM »

I've heard a really wacky rumour about Amy that I'm posting not for its sensationalist value. It's quite funny if you think about it.

Anyway, here it is. There is something going around that she is Slash's illegitimate love child or something.

There is a facial resemblance!  nervous

War is over, if you want it.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2008, 08:18:37 AM »

no there's not,

and she's british and born in 83 and i think slash was 18 and in LA at that period..

pretty small chance
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »

I've heard a really wacky rumour about Amy that I'm posting not for its sensationalist value. It's quite funny if you think about it.

Anyway, here it is. There is something going around that she is Slash's illegitimate love child or something.

There is a facial resemblance!  nervous

lol now that was stupid!

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: