Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy Reed's "The Still Life" film & soundtrack to be released Aug. 7th
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy Reed's "The Still Life" film & soundtrack to be released Aug. 7th  (Read 1483 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 08, 2007, 11:27:18 PM »

Looks like the film will be released on DVD by Warner Bros. August 7th 2007.  The DVD will be coupled with the CD soundtrack and sold together as one.  It appears it was in limited release since 2005 but is now coming out on DVD and CD?

Albion Entertainment Presents The Still Life

LOS ANGELES, CA- Written and directed by Joel Miller and produced through Albion Entertainment, Inc. this poignant drama stars Jason Barry (Titanic, Mirrormask), Terry Moore (Mighty Joe Young), Rachel Miner (Bully), and Don S. Davis (Stargate SG-1) and features original music by platinum selling artists such as Dizzy Reed (Guns N? Roses), Darius Rucker (Hootie and the Blowfish), Adrian Young (No Doubt), Dean Dinning (Toad the Wet Sprocket), Snake Sabo (Skid Row), Peter Finestone (Bad Religion), Matt Nelson (Nelson), Eddie Hedges (Blessid Union of Souls), Louise Post (lead singer of Veruca Salt), and more?

The Still Life explores the fragile separation between failure and success and love and tragedy through an artist who struggles to regain himself and his identity after giving in to conventional success.

The Still Life details the life of reclusive, alcoholic artist Julian Lamont (Jason Barry) and his journey along a path of destructionism ? a new genre of art that he accidentally develops during a night of self-loathing. Throughout the film, he is faced with a myriad of relationships that force him to take responsibility for his personal choices and to make a decision about the kind of artist that he wants to be.

First-time director, Miller gained experience in the film world by serving as a set dresser on numerous productions, including ?All the Rage.? Previous to forming Albion Entertainment, he toured with several bands including Guns N? Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, The Cranberries and Poison. While traveling with these bands, Miller gained an even deeper appreciation for art and began working on THE STILL LIFE. Miller took his film and music experiences and brought his idea to fruition.

The Still Life comes together incorporating up and coming actors and established musicians to create an entertainment powerhouse. The film also features Holly Fields (The O.C.), Angel Boris (General Hospital), and Robert Miano (Donnie Brasco) along with a myriad of cameos ranging from Jonathan Davis (lead singer of Korn), Tiny Lister (Friday), Josh Todd (lead singer of Buckcherry), Domenica Cameron-Scorsese, Kato Kaelin, Al Snow (WWE Wrestler), Yolanda King (Daughter of Martin Luther King Jr.), Dizzy Reed (Guns N? Roses), Eddie Hedges (Blessid Union of Souls), Matt Nelson (Nelson), Dean Dinning (Toad the Wet Sprocket), and more...

http://www.artdaily.com/section/news/index.asp?int_sec=2&int_new=20448

Movie Website: http://www.thestilllifemovie.com/

http://www.krunt.net/vs/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 08:00:28 AM »

Thanks for the post. I will be adding this to my collectiion.
amyl

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 10:47:04 AM »

Me too! I'm really looking forward to see Dizzy perform Veruca Salt's "Siderman '97" with Louise Post, a true rockchick!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 10:01:45 PM »

Rockers Live The Still Life In Movie And On Soundtrack

Friday August 03, 2007 @ 08:00 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

The Still Life may be about the art world, but it's truly a rock 'n' roll experience. The film, about a troubled artist who stumbles upon a destructive new movement, is almost as packed with musicians as its star-studded soundtrack.

"There was no intention that I'm going to hire a bunch of rock stars," explains writer, director, producer and former roadie, Joel Miller. "What happened was things just evolved as they evolved.

"Initially, I sent the screenplay out to a few people. One of them was Phyllis Diller, and the other one was [Korn's] Jonathan Davis. Jonathan read the script, he loved it, said that he'd play any part. And so I thought it was kind of neat, cause Jonathan as the liquor store clerk ? that's pretty cool."

From there, Miller decided to fill some other smaller roles with friends and musicians. Dizzy Reed from Guns N' Roses and Louise Post of Veruca Salt were soon attached to the project. After some convincing over tea, Buckcherry's Josh Todd signed on as well. Miller gathered the rockers on the film's soundtrack in a similarly organic fashion.

"Once I had probably four musicians involved, I started getting calls like, 'Hey dude, how come I'm not invited to be in your movie?' And I was like 'No problem.' I didn't have any more roles to create. I was creating left and right, trying to facilitate having people in the movie from the bands I had befriended. So then we used a lot of them on the soundtrack."

With musicians as diverse as Reed, No Doubt's Adrian Young and Darius "Hootie" Rucker, the soundtrack includes some pretty interesting collaborations.

The film and music are so inextricably intertwined that Miller insisted that the two be sold together when it came time to find a distributor. The Still Life DVD and CD will be released on Tuesday.

?Sarah Kurchak

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 06:17:55 AM »

I got it in the mail last Saturday, and both the movie & the soundtrack are pretty good! I'd say: Get your copy! Smiley

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 06:43:03 AM »

I've bought it from Amazon and I'm waiting for it anyday now...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: