Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  so, slash DID go to rehab last year...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: so, slash DID go to rehab last year...  (Read 4295 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: June 08, 2007, 09:50:12 PM »

from new classic rock

Slash, you've recently been to rehab and cleaned up your act, right?

Yeah, I've actually been clean for about 10 months now, so we'll see how long that lasts (laughs). I don't really get into talking about it that much. One of the catalysts was I was having problems at home, problems with my wife because she had a problem. And we came from 2 different problems. And there was all this bullshit with the band. Toward the end of the tour I was drinkin bottle of wine after bottle of wine, cos I know how to do that (laughs). So at one point my wife came to the conclusion that she needed to go to rehab. So when she went I knew when she came out I was going to have to go because that was the only way we could sort things out. So when she was gone I went on a fuckin' smack binge. Well, it was Oxycontin - it's easy stuff, you get it free from your doctor so you don't have to deal with dealers and all that shit. That went on for a couple of months then I went into rehab and got some clarity. Being completely loaded worked for me in the early days but nowadays I cannot be effective or convincing to anyone stoned. I guess it just doesn't fly anymore (laughs). Sometimes the idea fo having a drink is nice but I know it won't stop at that. And the whole smack thing - I knew when I was doing it it was wrong. No matter what anyone tries to tell you - trying to do a world tour with a heroin habit has got to be one of the most excruciating things ever.....

Have you heard any of Chinese Democracy?

No... I'm sure it's got some amazing shit on it cos I know Axl and what he's capable of. So I'm interested to hear it but patient enough to wait until he figures it out. Because I don't have anything to do with it, it's easy for me to say that! (laughs)

LA

cool that he says that about chinese democracy!!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 09:58:18 PM »

At least he didn't try to poke fun at Axl - I respect him more for that. I guess some people do mature.

And everyone knows good rock is created while stoned. DON'T DO IT, SLASH!

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 10:13:50 PM »

Perla to rehab? wow  Huh

Oxycontin is a VERY addictive opioid analgesic  Cry

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 01:02:43 AM »

It's sad how easy it is for ex-junkies to fall off the wagon.   no  I hope he stays clean, for many more solos to come!

Also, why must they always ask him about CD?  I mean, once it's out, I can see wanting him comments, but why now?  As much as this "rivalry" annoys me, about 90% of the time, an "incident" is instigated by the music media, because they've nothing better to write about (and given the state of modern music, it's hard to blame them).  If these questions weren't asked, I think the animosity between, at least, the FANS of the two bands would be much less. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 05:28:57 AM »

Au contraire, I think that Slash's comments are very supportive of Axl.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 05:37:35 AM »

poor little rich kids Undecided
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »

Perla to rehab? wow? Huh

Oxycontin is a VERY addictive opioid analgesic? Cry

It would be kind of interesting to know what Perla went in for. When Arlette Vereeke was fired and was talking against Perla, in one of the articles about the firing she claimed Perla was a meth user. Of course she may have just been bitter about being let go. I'm in no way claiming that was true about Perla.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
gnr2k6
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 07:07:32 PM »

I SPOKE TO PERLA SEVERAL TIMES THE OTHER NIGHT AND SHE WAS STRAIGHT MAN...TOTTALY COL AND WITH IT....METH USER IS BULL SHIT SHE JUST ISNT THE SORT!!!
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 07:27:12 PM »

I SPOKE TO PERLA SEVERAL TIMES THE OTHER NIGHT AND SHE WAS STRAIGHT MAN...TOTTALY COL AND WITH IT....METH USER IS BULL SHIT SHE JUST ISNT THE SORT!!!

Just because she wasn't on it the other night doesn't mean she hasn't done it in the past. However, she was obviously never heavily into it if she ever was at all. She just looks too healthy to have ever been a serious user. For one thing, she has really nice looking teeth. Arlette was obviously just very bitter. I've read that she is a real bitch.

isa
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 07:59:25 PM »

what! Huh he went to rehab, so steve is not the only one?, what kind of drug? was a hard one? his wife too gettin into it, he said that she's strong woman n she saved him several times.

That's why he wented to get divorce the last year, n what about the kids?

this news really blew my mind away... woao Undecided

it kind of break me down for him n specially for the kids...
Jezza103
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »

all the info is in this months copy of classic rock magazine with an interview with slash,duff and scott
guns_n_motley
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 04:37:21 PM »

I think slash just has trouble staying off the road for an extended period of time. we heard about that between lies and the illusions slash basically drank himself into oblivian because he was bored.

I think the man basically needs to live on the road to stay sane!! nothing wrong with that though, more slash for me hihi

just hope he can stay sober this time. hes in his 40s. he cant be messing with that stuff now.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »

Well he admitted it earlier in an interview with Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, but the Slash fans brushed it off as "a joke".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 10:24:43 AM »

Well he admitted it earlier in an interview with Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, but the Slash fans brushed it off as "a joke".

/jarmo

'cause he made it sound like one
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 10:39:21 AM »

I think slash just has trouble staying off the road for an extended period of time. we heard about that between lies and the illusions slash basically drank himself into oblivian because he was bored.

I think the man basically needs to live on the road to stay sane!! nothing wrong with that though, more slash for me hihi

just hope he can stay sober this time. hes in his 40s. he cant be messing with that stuff now.

I don't understand why he would get bored when he's not on the road these days. He has two little boys to keep him occupied. I mean come on, parenting is a full time job.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 01:06:46 PM by kobys » Logged

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 10:42:53 AM »

/jarmo

Some Slash fans  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 10:55:09 AM »

/jarmo

Some Slash fans  ok

Yeah. Some Slash fans who think he's been clean since 1992. Or was it 2000.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »

/jarmo

Some Slash fans? ok

Yeah. Some Slash fans who think he's been clean since 1992. Or was it 2000.....

/jarmo

Well, excuse me (and others) for being wrong.  Can't speak for anybody else, but I never thought he was "clean", just didn't think he was being serious, at that moment, about rehab.  Guess he was being serious.  All I can say is, good for him.       
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 03:04:33 PM »

Some people either tend to forget or don't know that addiction is a cronic disease that is a life long affliction . Relapse is a part of the recovery process .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »

Some people either tend to forget or don't know that addiction is a cronic disease that is a life long affliction . Relapse is a part of the recovery process .

Well, I can't relly see Slash being sober in the rest of his life. Every GN'R member lived like a suicide, and they still have their addictions and demons. So does Slash.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: