Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:46:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  what part of the recording is done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: what part of the recording is done?  (Read 21830 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« on: June 07, 2007, 11:08:39 AM »

here's an interesting thing to discuss.
Del James said that the recording was done.
but he didnt specify what part of the recording was done.
back in 06 axl said that they have 26 songs almost done, and 6 in the works.
What part of those 32 songs have been recorded?

a) all 32
b) 13 slated for CD
c) somewhere in between

this is not an invitation for a bashing festival. so try to discuss it peacefully. Tongue

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
guns_n_motley
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:14:32 AM »

I would guess the 13 for Chinese democracy.

remember, axl had 3 days left of work to finish Chinese democracy. And never finished it in 06, So I would expect that is what is finished.

I doubt 32 songs are finished.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:15:52 AM »

we dont know

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:20:01 AM »

^^well, since it was left 3 days to finish it in 2006, and it took em 3 months to finish it in 2007,
then it might be that they finished more songs than it was planned to be done in 2006.

also, the unplanned rescheduling could have been used to do some more work in the unfinished remaining songs.(greedy)

we dont know

that never stopped us before

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »

^^well, since it was left 3 days to finish it in 2006, and it took em 3 months to finish it in 2007,

What kind of logic did you use to come up with that?

It was reported that the recording was done in February. It could've been done before that.

Besides, February is the second month of the year. Even 2007.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 11:28:49 AM »

"The good news is that all of the recording for the album has been completed. "

that is what Del said and it pretty much answer the question Wink

source: http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070222&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 11:47:12 AM »

What kind of logic did you use to come up with that?

It was reported that the recording was done in February. It could've been done before that.

Besides, February is the second month of the year. Even 2007.

/jarmo

damn dude.
do you have to go against anything I say?
if you really want me to go technical, they finished the tour abruptly to work on the album.
We were informed at the end of february that the album was done, that leaves us with, Jan, Feb, and part of the December. That's more than just 2 months. (and even it was 2 months, would it make any fucking difference)

if it was only a few days work left in 2006 and it took 3 months, then it's possible that they said "fuck it, while we're at it, let's finish the whole lot, and get the thing off our backs".

yeah right.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:56:06 AM »

i wonder if they will postponed this tour to work on the album ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 12:03:32 PM »

^the start of this tour has already been rescheduled 2 times...
but not for that reason.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 12:17:42 PM »

but not for that reason.

true, but youd have to think they did do some more mixing while it was postponed.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »

damn dude.

Yes, as long as you keep posting stuff I don't agree with.

The shows in January were cancelled so they could finish the recording. It was done in January.

Just because the update was made in February, doesn't mean it was made at the exact moment that they pressed "STOP" at the studio.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 01:32:03 PM »

but not for that reason.

true, but youd have to think they did do some more mixing while it was postponed.

maybe so, but the band isnt there when its mixed...the mixes are given to them (axl) and then he gives feedback on how the mixes sound.....all that i know is that the album isnt out...thats what i care about....

guns_n_motley
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 01:34:46 PM »

but not for that reason.

maybe so, but the band isnt there when its mixed...the mixes are given to them (axl) and then he gives feedback on how the mixes sound.....all that i know is that the album isnt out...thats what i care about....

Knowing axl, I wouldnt be surprised if hes there watching everything. alot of times the band is there.
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 01:37:22 PM »

you know axl? damn, you lucky bastard. hihi
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 01:38:42 PM »

about the stage of the album status..here's part of an article from the end of 2002....i guess it takes more than 5 years and counting to move on from this stage....

Friday, November 22, 2002

John Soeder
Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

Mark the words of keyboardist Dizzy Reed: The new Guns N' Roses album will see the light of day - finally! - in 2003.

It's called "Chinese Democracy." But a more fitting title may have been "Appetite for Procrastination."

The oft-delayed project has been in the works for years. It should be in stores by June, according to Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals - and we need to mix it," he said.

guns_n_motley
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »

about the stage of the album status..here's part of an article from the end of 2002....i guess it takes more than 5 years and counting to move on from this stage....

John Soeder

Mark the words of keyboardist Dizzy Reed: The new Guns N' Roses album will see the light of day - finally! - in 2003.

It's called "Chinese Democracy." But a more fitting title may have been "Appetite for Procrastination."

The oft-delayed project has been in the works for years. It should be in stores by June, according to Reed.

"There are just a few odds and ends left to do - a couple of finishing touches, a couple of vocals - and we need to mix it," he said.

But see, he never did finish it. those finishing touches were never completed until this year.. we have news now that its finished and mixing now.

remember, supposedly they only needed 3 days left of work on the album last may, but axls "muse" didnt show.

its finished now. Thats how id expect recording went. Axl only worked when he felt like it.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »

John Soeder

But see, he never did finish it. those finishing touches were never completed until this year.. we have news now that its finished and mixing now.

yes, i know..it was never finished...is it finished yet? i have no idea. ill know it's finished when it comes out.....we heard news back then that it was almost done, we heard news about this for many years, including this year....after a while, its the boy who cried wolf mentality....i dont believe it anymore...ill believe it when it is released.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »

John Soeder

remember, supposedly they only needed 3 days left of work on the album last may, but axls "muse" didnt show.

its finished now. Thats how id expect recording went. Axl only worked when he felt like it.

oh , and btw...you mentioned "axl's muse." i think you are a bit confused....axl IS the Muse.....

suicide
VIP

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 01:46:37 PM »

if you really want me to go technical, they finished the tour abruptly to work on the album.

Did we ever find out what the real reason was?
Lucky, don't take it bad when Jarmo goes against anything you say, at least he doesn't delete your posts.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »

damn dude.

Yes, as long as you keep posting stuff I don't agree with.

The shows in January were cancelled so they could finish the recording. It was done in January.

Just because the update was made in February, doesn't mean it was made at the exact moment that they pressed "STOP" at the studio.....

/jarmo

But it sure would suck if they cancelled those concerts so they could finish the album... but it only took 'em a few weeks to do it anyways. ?I mean, if it really wasn't that much work, it would have been cool for the fans if Axl had decided to postpone his couple of weeks worth of recording just long enough that they could see the concerts. ?It's not like there was anything much on the schedule for the first half of 2007 anyways. ?

Except the private concert for Donatella Versace and her rich and fabulous friends. ?

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: