Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:14:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Libby sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Libby sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison  (Read 8117 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 12:12:49 AM »

You already hear cries of "well Clinton pardoned....."

Of course, it always comes back to Clinton when the repugs need to avoid the fuck-up-du-jour.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 12:54:24 AM »

I love how Bush commented with "It's just too harsh"? waaaaaaaah fucking waaaaaaaah.? Perhaps if that CIA operative would have been given up to the wrong people and killed and tortured as with Cheney's policies then that would have been a fitting punishment??

After fucking so many things up, you'd think Bush couldn't do any worse....yet he makes a huge mockery out of our judicial system by giving Libby the ole Paris Hilton treatment.?

This all brings up that old rhyme Mr. Rose once used:

"It ain't no crime to drop a dime, work for Cheney and you'll be just fine"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 01:11:43 AM by Bill 213.5 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 01:06:29 AM »

yet he makes a huge mockery out of our judicial system by giving Libby the ole Paris Hilton treatment. 

I was just about to post "good analogy" (don't get me wrong, it still is) until it dawned on me that Paris Hilton actual did jail time.

Boy is that fucked up or what?
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 01:12:24 AM »

Egggggggxacly!  It's a crockery of shit!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2007, 01:41:37 AM »

Who said this?

"If there's a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of. "

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 01:45:22 AM »

Who said this?

"If there's a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of. "

Clearly you and Mr. Bush interpret "taken care of" differently.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 01:45:52 AM »

Who said this?

I'm going to say the Easter Bunny, because that tale is more fucking believable than anything that would come out of Bushy boy's mouth.

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »

Ahh, now the White House is hinting at a possible pardon in the future.  I can see this as one of Bush's final acts of office. 

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2007, 02:29:39 PM »

what a fucking joke this is.  hes not going to do anytime!?!?!?  i guess its ok to bully people and expose cia agents, after all its ok to illegally wire tap people.

i'm just numb to the bullshit at this point.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2007, 03:22:55 PM »

Ahh, now the White House is hinting at a possible pardon in the future.  I can see this as one of Bush's final acts of office. 

My guess is that they won't pardon him until 2009. That was he can continue to use his 5th Amendment rights, and protect Bush.

after all its ok to illegally wire tap people.

He's only tapping the terrorists man!

And lets not forget why Plame was outed, she was outed because her husband wrote a piece that went against this administrations lies. How treacherous is that?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 03:27:32 PM by Pharmo » Logged
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 03:40:07 PM »

Wasn't he already pardoned a day or so ago?

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 03:46:56 PM »

He had his sentence commuted - won't do the jailtime but still has the fine and probation.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »

Can Bush pardon himself, if Congress begins impeachment proceedings?  I can see it two ways:

If yes it's because pardons can be made before conviction (Ford pardons Nixon).  Thus, Bush can pardon himself at any time before conviction.  As soon as he's convicted, he's not President, and cannot pardon himself.

If "No" (as it should be)...well, those arguments are obvious.  Of course, the purpose of Presidential pardons was not to have an administration that takes illegal actions and then pardons itself.  I think we need to amend the Constitution on this one, such that Presidents must recuse themselves from clemency issues when there is a conflict of interest, just as a judge would do in a case that presented a conflict.  Perhaps the President should have the power of clemency, should submit a list of candidates for clemency to a bipartisan (or, better yet, non-partisan) commission that determines whether there is a conflict of interest.  In most cases, the clemency is approved.  In conflict of interest cases, the clemency is decided by the commission.  Seems fair, and it wouldn't affect most Presidential pardons.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 06:33:59 PM »

He had his sentence commuted - won't do the jailtime but still has the fine and probation.

big deal - thats nothing.  the man is a criminal, he should be doing the time.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »

LOL, there is nobody left to defend this man. Quite a bit different from just one year ago.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2007, 07:39:12 PM »

Can Bush pardon himself, if Congress begins impeachment proceedings?  I can see it two ways:

If yes it's because pardons can be made before conviction (Ford pardons Nixon).  Thus, Bush can pardon himself at any time before conviction.  As soon as he's convicted, he's not President, and cannot pardon himself.

Presidential pardons can't be used in impeachment cases.

United States Constitution, Article II, Section 2:

"The President ... shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment."

Nixon would have been tried as a private citizen I guess, though it's confusing.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2007, 07:40:34 PM »

big deal - thats nothing.  the man is a criminal, he should be doing the time.

I agree, it's just a technical point but a point nonetheless. Pardoning has an inbuilt admission of guilt by the way, you can refuse a pardon.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2007, 10:20:01 PM »

^ ratings down to the low 20's....are you talking about Libby or congress?

Read the original sentence and it is clear: "I guess  Bush is now trying to get his approval ratings  down to  the low 20s."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2007, 08:49:37 AM »

Perhaps if that CIA operative would have been given up to the wrong people and killed and tortured ...

There probably have been agents tortured and killed. Every contact who met with Plame has been compromised. Her clandestine status provided contacts the ability to meet with her openly. Therefore, anyone whoever met with her, whether in her capacity as an agent, or her cover, is in danger.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2007, 02:23:24 PM »

^ ratings down to the low 20's....are you talking about Libby or congress?

Read the original sentence and it is clear: "I guess? Bush is now trying to get his approval ratings? down to? the low 20s."

Yeah, I know. I guess I could have written it better. My point actually was, that Bush's ratings are extremely low and Congress' ratings are extremely low. Republican or Democrat, neither side seems very popular right now.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: