Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  No Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Chinese Democracy  (Read 4966 times)
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: June 06, 2007, 08:25:14 AM »

Looking at the set list I found it strange Chinese Democracy hasn't been played. Are there some major changes to the song that they are not ready to unveil?
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 08:27:24 AM »

^^speculation at it's finest

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:40 AM »

Lookout, the sh*ts gonna hit the fan now that you've asked a question like that... hihi

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 08:31:06 AM »

when the shit hit the fan, it was all i could stand, yeah... well i'm a frequent flyer.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
lastroots
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 08:36:55 AM »

Well, judging from the intro and the guitar kick-in of the studio version I think it is highly likely that CD will replace Jungle as the opener once the album is out. I guess they want to keep the song fresh until then and not play it too much.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:39:45 AM »

Looking at the set list I found it strange Chinese Democracy hasn't been played. Are there some major changes to the song that they are not ready to unveil?

I seriously doubt this.

I'm sure the song will be very close to the versions we've heard already.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 09:05:53 AM »

You know I agree that CD would be a hell of a song to open a show with, but I don't see it happening. I have a feeling they'll stick with Jungle, since it's such a signature tune to open a show with. It reminds me of how Zeppelin pretty much stuck with "Rock and Roll" as an opener even years after Zep. 4 had come out. Jungle is also a song that appeals to the crowd that might only be in it for the "old" stuff, so it gets them going early along with the veteran fans.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:11 AM »

This whole thing is funny (not really) to me.  A couple of weeks ago, people were speculating weather or not Chinese Democracy would open the new shows.  Some people were convinced that this would be happening.  Then, the new shows begin and not only does it NOT open the shows, but they don't play it at all.  It's very strange that we are in such a "blah" state right now with this band.  They've started up a new tour and I'm just not feeling any legitimate excitement.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 10:09:35 AM »

maybe it has something to do with (dare I mention it ?) leak

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
suicide
VIP

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »

Then they shouldn't play Madagascar, IRS or Better either and play an unknown song. Now that would be great!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 10:47:19 AM »

This whole thing is funny (not really) to me.? A couple of weeks ago, people were speculating weather or not Chinese Democracy would open the new shows.? Some people were convinced that this would be happening.? Then, the new shows begin and not only does it NOT open the shows, but they don't play it at all.? It's very strange that we are in such a "blah" state right now with this band.? They've started up a new tour and I'm just not feeling any legitimate excitement.

I hear you. I was going to add something about having this feeling but you summed it up nicely. When GN'R is on town though, I mean my town, I will always go and see them regardless. But right now, I just could almost give a shit they are playing live shows. I would almost say its insulting. Without the new album released.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »

It's really hard to not look at this tour as "one step forward and two steps back".  I've never complained about the setlist before, because I've always really liked it (on the 2006 tour), but this is just mind-boggling.  It's almost like we were all wondering if there would be a big suprise on this tour and then we got it...a stripped, shitty setlist. 

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 11:29:08 AM »

This whole thing is funny (not really) to me.? A couple of weeks ago, people were speculating weather or not Chinese Democracy would open the new shows.? Some people were convinced that this would be happening.? Then, the new shows begin and not only does it NOT open the shows, but they don't play it at all.? It's very strange that we are in such a "blah" state right now with this band.? They've started up a new tour and I'm just not feeling any legitimate excitement.

I hear you. I was going to add something about having this feeling but you summed it up nicely. When GN'R is on town though, I mean my town, I will always go and see them regardless. But right now, I just could almost give a shit they are playing live shows. I would almost say its insulting. Without the new album released.

I started that thread and although I could have explained myself a bit more clearly, my question regarding CD opening up future shows was not meant to include this first round of the 2007 tour. I was speaking more about the tour that will eventually support the album after it's release (or possibly just before it's release). Until we get a firm release date, I wouldn't imagine them opening with CD.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Vegar
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 11:38:44 AM »

No Maddy either  Huh Undecided

Just use your head and in the end
You?ll find your inspiration,
To choose your steps, I won't regret
This kind of aggravation
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »

I don't see what everyone's bitching about.  AFD is my favorite album of all time. 

As much as I'd like to see the band move forward and release the album and play their new songs, the truth is... those old songs are more fun.  That's what the fans want to hear when they go see a show.  They want to rock out and party with thier favorite classic GNR tunes. 

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
monkeyboy32
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »

how can there be any major changes to this or any of the other chin dem songs that've been played.  I would just as soon he not  play any new songs so when the record is released in 2009 they will be triple fresh like
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 12:10:35 PM »

This thread is sounding more like the promotion-duh thread already....Dead Horse??

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »

No Maddy either? Huh Undecided

mad-at-nascar was played during the 2nd and 3rd shows
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »

Then they shouldn't play Madagascar, IRS or Better either and play an unknown song. Now that would be great!

Good news.
The several traditional  Mexican songs ron played were, I reckon, unknown enough for most of us.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 01:26:14 PM »

i wouldn't be opossed to that beer

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: