Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:40:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]  (Read 21082 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2007, 05:03:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure that when Chinese Democracy is released they'll add more new songs to their sets......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2007, 05:05:28 PM »

Hopefully.

soon is the word.... Wink

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
DramaGod
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

Jarmo,how sure are you chinese democracy is going to be released? ?I mean what do we all have to go on,no info,nothing.
 ? ?rumours,hints,threat's of it's imminent release(march 6). ?great job on the band keeping us informed. And we all have right to gripe about the setlist,it's getting fucking lame. Some people are saying we should be grateful that there playing again,I say
 the band should be grateful that they still have a following!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2007, 05:17:55 PM »

Jarmo,how sure are you chinese democracy is going to be released?

You think they worked on it all this time for nothing?

I don't think any band plays for fans who aren't at the shows. Including GN'R......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DramaGod
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2007, 05:30:21 PM »

I dont know if they have any real intention on releasing it,honestly. Yeah im pretty sure that they have worked real hard on this
album,but come on it's still only music which is about having fun,something that us fans are not at all having with this band.         

and who's saying anything about playing songs for fans who aren't at the show. They dont even update their own website,is that because some people dont own a computer or access to the internet.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2007, 06:22:17 PM »

I dont know if they have any real intention on releasing it,honestly. Yeah im pretty sure that they have worked real hard on this
album,but come on it's still only music which is about having fun,something that us fans are not at all having with this band.         
         and who's saying anything about playing songs for fans who aren't at the show. They dont even update their own website,is that because some people dont own a computer or access to the internet.

Hold on a minute, what's with this "us fans" stuff.  I saw quite a few shows last year in various countries and I had a bloody amazing time at each and every one.  So please stop trying to speak for all of us.

Just out of interest, how many shows did you go to last year?  I'm just curious because if you attended any of the same ones as me, I fail to see how anyone can be a GNR fan and yet still not enjoy seeing this band kick seven bells out of some classic Guns tunes.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2007, 06:23:58 PM »

Hold on a minute, what's with this "us fans" stuff.  I saw quite a few shows last year in various countries and I had a bloody amazing time at each and every one.  So please stop trying to speak for all of us.

Yeah, I agree.

I bet the poster means "us fans who'll never be happy with anything this band does".

/jarmo

cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2007, 06:33:21 PM »

Man, I just woke up, my bones hurts and with almost no voice.

Yesterday I saw the best concert rock and roll show experience in my life. Some points:

- The crew started to prepare the stage for GN'R, I was very exited, then 11:15 came and nothing, 11:30 nothing, 11:45 nothing, 12:00 nothing. Man!! I have been here standing for like more than 6 hours and my legs were very tired and I was very thirsty!

- At 12:30 the lights went off and everybody started screaming and going crazy, like if GN'R weren't late and everything were cool, I was doing it too. WTTJ started and Axl shouted "You know were the fuck you aaaaareeeeee!!!!!!" and all the people in the floor went crazy jumping and singing loud.

- Overall a great and intense show that make up the starting up late, when the lights went on I saw a lot of happy faces, I think that only a very very few knew about past set list of last year, Chinese Democracy and Madagascar were missing, probably because of that it was 2:30 am and they needed to move out almost half the country for the concert today, or maybe because it was the first show of the tour. But everyone were happy that they got to see a great great band with awesome musicians and an awesome singer for 2 hours.

Thanks for the review, brokenfix.  I'm glad you had such a memorable experience.  Just reading your post brought back some great memories.  I know just what you mean about feeling tired and thirsty whilst waiting but the minute you hear the intro music and the band launches into WTTJ, it's like getting an instant energy hit and all the tiredness just melts away.   Cheesy

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and hope you get your voice back soon.   ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2007, 06:35:29 PM »

I'm pretty sure that when Chinese Democracy is released they'll add more new songs to their sets......

/jarmo

That's the whole problem, they won't release the album, IMO that's what is making people more pissed, not the setlists
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2007, 06:45:51 PM »

A couple of hours << 14 years.

Think about it.

There's a lot of fans who'll never get to see the band in their home country. Let alone in their home town.

/jarmo

It wasn't my home town. I had to take a flight. That's OK, nobody's forcing me to go. But if i knew that people have been standing for about 7 hours, packed in one of the hottest cities of the world as its monterrey, i would try to get on stage at least on time. I mean, it's not like he's finishing Chinese Democracy backstage.

But we are GNR fans, so i can't complain.

At least not here ... ?hihi

I can not for my life understand the relevance of when a band last played at a certain venue/country and how long the audience have to wait before the band comes on. The band fulfilled the wishes of the fans from Mexico when they announced the concert. From there on, the audience have every right to expect just as much from a band that hasn't been there for 50 years as from a band that plays there every week, as long as they are touring. Arguing against this logic seems absurd. By doing so, Jarmo's claiming GnR should exploit their 'advantange' or goodwill which comes from not having played there for 14 years. Huh?

If you're saying that it's OK for the band to come on late because they haven't been there in many years, how is it OK when they do it at a recently visited venue/country? If other reasons apply, why aren't you using them in this case instead of the time perspective?

I understand that Jarmo's not doing this by his own will, but I have serious doubt in the management/marketing department or whoever is behind this forced moderation of the board. In an internet environment, for GnR to gain reputation as a band who cencors unofficial fan communities without admitting it will not excactly enhance their image amongst a very web literate fan base, not to mention potential fans who learn about GnR online.

Enough ranting, it's great to see the band back in form, here's hoping for a trouble-free tour.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 06:49:17 PM by jaknudsen » Logged

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2007, 07:08:50 PM »

I understand that Jarmo's not doing this by his own will,

Oh please.

Just because some of us aren't spoiled brats doesn't mean it's some big conspiracy.

A lot of people were pissed because GN'R were "late" at Hammersmith last June. But what did we get? An amazing show.

Possibly the show of the year for many in attendance. So an extra hours wait seems stupid in comparison.

You just like to whine and nothing else makes any sense to you.

Just because I don't have a constant need to put the band down in order to make myself feel better, I'm controlled by some other people? Yeah right....

This whole fucking "they're late" shit is really old. It's GN'R, not your average rock band. When will you get that?

/jarmo

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2007, 07:27:24 PM »

For all you whiners who are complaining about the setlist  and shit well I went to a show back in 06 best nite of my life and if they came again and played the same setlist It would be the second greatest nite in my life.  Just hang on im positive that after these shows in japan we will get something we will all been waiting for well that's just my opinion.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2007, 07:30:14 PM »

Personally for me I planned ahead for GNR's shows last year by either making sure there was public transport that ran thru the nite (Dublin) or if not, made sure one of our party drove (Glasgow). I kinda enjoyed the wait, hearing the 'Axl's not even in the country' banter etc as you did know it would start, just didnt know when. Made it more rock n' roll like.

However, i think you have to appreciate that people may be working the next day, not have their own car to get home if their aint public transport for the show finishing, or (from seeing the make-up of the audiences GNR seem to attract now) they may be young kids who can't stay awake up till 1 or so in the morning. I think you've gotta consider your audience a bit more.

Selfishly, I don't care. But for others it creates a problem. So I can see where ppl being pissed off comes from.

And for the record, the Glasgow show was easily the best show I've ever seen. Awesome.
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2007, 07:39:36 PM »

I understand that Jarmo's not doing this by his own will,

Oh please.

Just because some of us aren't spoiled brats doesn't mean it's some big conspiracy.

Are you calling everyone that think it's uncomfortable to wait two hours in blistering heat after support bands for spoiled brats? If so, I think it's too harsh. Personally, it didn't mind me much to wait for GnR, but the venue was comfortable and well organised, I had a short walk home, and I didn't start work early in the morning after.

A lot of people were pissed because GN'R were "late" at Hammersmith last June. But what did we get? An amazing show.

Possibly the show of the year for many in attendance. So an extra hours wait seems stupid in comparison.

For you, undoubtedly. But maybe not for others? Should those fans leave this board?

You just like to whine and nothing else makes any sense to you.

As it appears to me, your post seems to consist mostly of whining, so who likes it the most? ?Wink I'm only saying I think people who are unsatisfied by the delays should be able to express it.

Just because I don't have a constant need to put the band down in order to make myself feel better, I'm controlled by some other people? Yeah right....

Expressing discomfort about the wait is not the same as slagging the band, at least not for me. If you're so tired of being accused of conspiracies, why don't you write a disclaimer explaining precisely how management has influence over this board, and what it does not have influence over here? That would put an end to a lot of speculation and accusations.

This whole fucking "they're late" shit is really old. It's GN'R, not your average rock band. When will you get that?

I absolutely get that GnR's lateness is part of the package, but it sounds weird to excuse the wait by pointing to how many years it's been since the band last visited. When a concert goer expresses his/her dislike of such a wait, I have no problem understanding and respecting him/her for that opinion. If you say it's old, do you mean that people who just went to their first GnR concert aren't allowed to express all of their opinions about the concert, because some parts has been discussed before? Maybe you should put something like this in your board rules: Do not at any time express any kind of discomfort about show delays in reviews or anywhere else, even if it's a new and/or frustrating experience for you. This is because other fans has already experienced such discomfort.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 07:42:25 PM by jaknudsen » Logged

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
DramaGod
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2007, 07:44:57 PM »

ok,my bad i should not have said "us",you are correct. ? ?Jarmo are you content with what we have had over the last six years or so! ? im not bitching,im following a pattern,and anyone who does not see this is blind,same show's for the last six years,when there not cancelling show's that is. ? ?So tell me are you,do you have a sense of fulfillment from the last six years. ?And yes i have gone to show's in the past, i have the new and the old,what that has to do with anything im not quite sure.Oh and what about their website.can "I" get an answer for that.
ChinDem04
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2007, 10:13:36 PM »

Are there any pics from last night by any chance?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2007, 10:38:57 PM »

Are you calling everyone that think it's uncomfortable to wait two hours in blistering heat after support bands for spoiled brats? If so, I think it's too harsh. Personally, it didn't mind me much to wait for GnR, but the venue was comfortable and well organised, I had a short walk home, and I didn't start work early in the morning after.

No, I'm calling people who sit behind a keyboard whining about setlists that 15000 other fans enjoyed, spoiled brats.

For you, undoubtedly. But maybe not for others? Should those fans leave this board?

If you're only here to whine about the setlists and other things you have no control over, please do.

We don't need your negativity.

It's like the people who say "the end is coming!"... Over and over... And over... And over... And over again.

At some point you've heard enough.

As it appears to me, your post seems to consist mostly of whining, so who likes it the most?  Wink I'm only saying I think people who are unsatisfied by the delays should be able to express it.

We have a special thread for the whining in the Dead Horse section. You can make it your new online home if you wish.

Expressing discomfort about the wait is not the same as slagging the band, at least not for me. If you're so tired of being accused of conspiracies, why don't you write a disclaimer explaining precisely how management has influence over this board, and what it does not have influence over here? That would put an end to a lot of speculation and accusations.

You seem to think something has changed over night. The fact is, things happened already in 2004.

You're only noticing it now because we don't promote spreading illegal leaks.

Any speculation from people like you is just that, speculation.

I absolutely get that GnR's lateness is part of the package, but it sounds weird to excuse the wait by pointing to how many years it's been since the band last visited.

It's just a way of saying, it's a pretty short wait in the big picture..... Besides, it's GN'R. Get used to it.

/jarmo

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »

Just because I don't have a constant need to put the band down in order to make myself feel better

Oh, so thats why people constantly put down bands.  Good to know.  yes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2007, 10:51:44 PM »

Just because I don't have a constant need to put the band down in order to make myself feel better

Oh, so thats why people constantly put down bands.  Good to know.  yes

No, GN'R.

I said "the band" not "bands". I thought you could read.....

Good to know you take things out of context to fit you needs.  yes

Oh wait, that's nothing new!

/jarmo

clau68
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2007, 11:10:11 PM »

I think people have so much fun yesterday, I only hope they come to South America this year. I always enjoy viewing the updates. Yesterday I can?t because I have to go to a party with my husband.  I just go home and for the reviews seem like a wonderful show. The only complain is reading people complaining about the setlists and the tardiness of the show. I would love this setlists if they come to my city. And I am sure anybody who goes to a GNR concert know that the show will begin at midnight so I don?t see any reason for complain. I?m happy for our Mexican brothers enjoying these marvellous shows and I hope some photos soon. Thanks for the updates and the reviews.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: