Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]  (Read 21142 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »

I for one am glad to see that the show went well and the crowd enjoyed themselves.

Any word on audio or video from the show? Has anyone who was there posted a review yet?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
whitemusiclover
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2007, 03:36:03 PM »

If the band goes on late people drink more. less likely to know sutle mistakes made by the band. Spend more money. Honestly ,The real reason chin democracy isn't out isn't because the albums not done. It's because there is going to be new technology introduced so no one will be able to burn copies. One way or another when the technology arrives so does the tunes. until then we might never get an album.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2007, 03:39:11 PM »

there were no warm-up shows in Rio91 and that was fucking big and also on tv incl. new songs, and i think they did pretty well with that too! so its not like they never did it otherwise, Jarmo!

but i surely think warm-up shows are cool as hell for the fans seeing their fave band in a small club (why no ones in 07?), it also is cool for the band. but being professional musicans the 5 months off the road could have also -besides cd recording/mastering/holidays/wth...- easily been used to actual practise some "other" songs for being played live for 2007 tour (yes, future will tell, i know)...and wouldnt it be just fucking cool to do some small surprises for the first show 2007? + maybe some studio review/cd update or so? again i'm very sure not only all people within the show would love it but the general fan public would love it too! and yes, they still have a big cataloge to pick from. hell, just starting with easy, nightrain or so can not hurt!! and letting wait the fans for 2-3h in THAT hot city and playing "only" 16 songs (which is a very short show compared to ~90-95% to 2006 shows) then ($$$ again?) is not too cool...and this is mainly for the fans who actual attended this show.

Re-Union time, baby!!
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2007, 03:46:54 PM »

but i surely think warm-up shows are cool as hell for the fans seeing their fave band in a small club (why no ones in 07?), it also is cool for the band. but being professional musicans the 5 months off the road could have also -besides cd recording/mastering/holidays/wth...- easily been used to actual practise some "other" songs for being played live for 2007 tour (yes, future will tell, i know)...and wouldnt it be just fucking cool to do some small surprises for the first show 2007? + maybe some studio review/cd update or so? again i'm very sure not only all people within the show would love it but the general fan public would love it too! and yes, they still have a big cataloge to pick from. hell, just starting with easy, nightrain or so can not hurt!! and letting wait the fans for 2-3h in THAT hot city and playing "only" 16 songs (which is a very short show compared to ~90-95% to 2006 shows) then ($$$ again?) is not too cool...and this is mainly for the fans who actual attended this show.

I totally agree!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2007, 03:52:18 PM »

there were no warm-up shows in Rio91 and that was fucking big and also on tv incl. new songs, and i think they did pretty well with that too! so its not like they never did it otherwise, Jarmo!

This building doesn't have air conditioning?

Wow. That sucks.

Hey, btw... did these fans that made these reports get the see Guns N' Roses live? Because that's what they paid for, so I'm just curious.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2007, 03:54:08 PM »

We're still waiting to hear a review from someone that went to the show
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »

Normally, I am a proponent of a little bit (or lots) of a mix-up in the set list. However, in this case people should try to be objective and take into consideration the other factors. Show started about 2 hrs later than planned. There must have been a good reason for that - technical difficulties, a band member needing more time (not necessarily axl), etc. (I am just guessing here). So, since they start at 12:45am and have another show the next night 400-500 miles away, what do you expect them to do?? Play until 5am and be completely fucked up for the next show? It's only reasonable to do a shorter set and try to do a better show the following night. And when you are limited in time it makes sense to stick to the classics that most people wanna hear and to cut on the new songs and options (such as RQ). I told you that Madagascar was done at soundcheck, so there must have been plans to perform it, possibly during an extended encore. But they had to cut the set short and they did. Better luck next time.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2007, 04:28:39 PM »

Thx for the review

Waiting for the pictures...... ok

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »

Neither there were any warm-up shows before the SummerSonic festival in 2002.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2007, 04:38:35 PM »

thanks for the review, glad u had a great time beer

probably a full video bootleg eh Cheesy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »

Yesterday I saw the best concert rock and roll show experience in my life.

Exactly. Glad you enjoyed the show!  Smiley

So everybody whining who wasn't there, shut the fuck up already.

You sound like a broken record. It was the same in 2006.  Roll Eyes

You guys would've whined about the setlists from the Use Your Illusion tour as well (playing too many unfamiliar new songs, too many old songs, starting too late blah blah blah).

Now I see you comparing the 2007 setlists to 1991. Way to go! I mean, it's the exact same scenario isn't it?

First headlining tour in 1991. Hmm, wonder how well it would go over if you played for just an hour? Not that well. So they added new songs to the set. They had like 30 songs to choose from so even if they added ten new songs, that'd be 1/3 of the forthcoming material.

Now, if CD has something like 15-18 tracks, 5 tracks is also about 1/3 (depending on the number of tracks on the album).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2007, 04:49:06 PM »

This is supposed to be happy time for GNR fans, they're bck playing live. And as predicted, alleged 'fans' are moaning about everything as usual. Just enjoy the music and Axl's voice, and look forward to an amazing album that will kick ass! beer
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2007, 04:50:07 PM »

Sounds like it was a fucking kickass show. I can't wait to see pictures and or video from last night. 
kollemann
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2007, 04:50:23 PM »

2006/2007 are the same setlists Jarmo.....

The fans want to see/hear other songs......

It is the fourth tour without the CD.Great...... Huh

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »

It is the fourth tour without the CD.Great......

Where the fuck do you get 4? 02, 06-07. I really don't see how that equals 4...  Roll Eyes
kollemann
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »

Sorry 3.Europe(2006),USA(2006) and now Mexico(2007).

Last tour was broken up to finish CD (final mixes).Where is the CD ?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »

I'll make it very simple for you:

Last time GN'R played in Mexico, Australia or New Zealand: 1993
Last time GN'R played in Japan: 2002

Many of the fans going to these shows haven't seen the show!

You don't want to "hear" other songs. Chances are you're not even going to any of the shows! You just want to read about them playing other songs for people who are perfectly happy with the current set because they haven't seen the band since 1993 (or maybe 2002).

That's pretty selfish.

On more than one occasion I watched how the crowds went crazy during GN'R's shows in 2006. Then come back here and read about how the setlist sucked. That makes no fucking sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DramaGod
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »

Um yeah,great to see a lot of communication on the part of the band at the show.
 ? ?any mention of tommy and his injury that he had?
 ? ? ?
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2007, 04:58:47 PM »

How can any song GNR perform live suck?Huh? They're all amazing songs. I bet Axl would love to check out how his hardcore 'fans' feel about the first shows of 2007 and finds everyone bitching again. Must make it all worthwhile for him ?Roll Eyes
kollemann
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »

I'll make it very simple for you:

Last time GN'R played in Mexico, Australia or New Zealand: 1993
Last time GN'R played in Japan: 2002

Many of the fans going to these shows haven't seen the show!

You don't want to "hear" other songs. Chances are you're not even going to any of the shows! You just want to read about them playing other songs for people who are perfectly happy with the current set because they haven't seen the band since 1993 (or maybe 2002).

That's pretty selfish.

On more than one occasion I watched how the crowds went crazy during GN'R's shows in 2006. Then come back here and read about how the setlist sucked. That makes no fucking sense.

/jarmo

Agree.But after this tour there must be the cd.GNR than have played in all areas... ;)Asia,Europe,Australia,Southamerica.... ;)The fans all over the world know GNR (Axl Rose) are back and want to hear more new songs,want the cd.Agree ?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: