Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:05:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]  (Read 21134 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 11:27:47 AM »

why did my last post get deleted!?

anways im posting ot again....

seems like the same issue with the lateness is set to continue, and will continue to piss off fans, but wait....its not axls fault  Roll Eyes

Are you done with whining about something that has no effect on you at all and you know nothing about?

Feel better now?

I don't think fans who've waited 14 years to see a concert are as upset as you are. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you're right and everybody is pissed off. Even after not seeing GN'R in their home country since 1993.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2007, 11:29:50 AM »

Quote from: superloconoriegalink=topic=46534.msg946636#msg946636 date=1180883584

Any specific questions?

Did Axl chat to the audience, at all?  If so, what about?

What was the crowd reaction to Dizzy's solo of 'Angie'?  Also, did the crowd sing along to BBF's 'Don't Cry' solo?

Thanks, in advance.  ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »

Quote from: superloconoriegalink=topic=46534.msg946636#msg946636 date=1180883584

Any specific questions?

Did Axl chat to the audience, at all?? If so, what about?

What was the crowd reaction to Dizzy's solo of 'Angie'?? Also, did the crowd sing along to BBF's 'Don't Cry' solo?

Thanks, in advance.? ok

He only joked about Frank's purple drum set. Said something along the lines of 'check out that pimped metal drum set' .
A few people sang along to dizzy's angie, and started a dizzy chant after it. And portions of the crowd did sing along to BBF's Don't Cry, albeit not as loud as the whole-band-playing classic songs.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »

seems like the same issue with the lateness is set to continue, and will continue to piss off fans, but wait....its not axls fault ?Roll Eyes

shut the fuck up.

Any specific questions?

yeah. what did axl look like?

Same outfits he has been wearing since the May 2006 shows. Started with an oversized black leather kind of jacket, ?then put on a mexican-charro type of jacket. Then the sleeveless red and white stripped shirt ( as seen @ download festival ), then the golden jacket (as seen @ gnr.com main page )

same braids and beard or no beard?

who the fuck are you!?

again with the experssion of an opinion, someone feels the need to go on some crazy defence of the band.

the facts

the band were late on
people had to wait for two hours after the opening acts for the band
yes, the folks that go to the concert should know that they are always late
but no, that doesn't excuse the fact that thousands are left scratching their ass for two hours

look man, i love the band, and as this is a discussion thread about last night then i think that includes being able to talk about..

what axl wore
what the band wore
how much weight ron lost
how late the band were

if we cant talk about these things whats the point in a thread to discuss the gig

im not overly upset about it....i just think that the band should show some respect to those who WERE at the gig, the same sort of respect and gratitude the mexixan people have shown the band by snapping up all the tickets and selking out the shows....thats all peace

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 11:36:14 AM »

seems like the same issue with the lateness is set to continue, and will continue to piss off fans, but wait....its not axls fault ?Roll Eyes

shut the fuck up.

Any specific questions?

yeah. what did axl look like?

Same outfits he has been wearing since the May 2006 shows. Started with an oversized black leather kind of jacket, ?then put on a mexican-charro type of jacket. Then the sleeveless red and white stripped shirt ( as seen @ download festival ), then the golden jacket (as seen @ gnr.com main page )

same braids and beard or no beard?

who the fuck are you!?

again with the experssion of an opinion, someone feels the need to go on some crazy defence of the band.

the facts

the band were late on
people had to wait for two hours after the opening acts for the band
yes, the folks that go to the concert should know that they are always late
but no, that doesn't excuse the fact that thousands are left scratching their ass for two hours

look man, i love the band, and as this is a discussion thread about last night then i think that includes being able to talk about..

what axl wore
what the band wore
how much weight ron lost
how late the band were

if we cant talk about these things whats the point in a thread to discuss the gig

im not overly upset about it....i just think that the band should show some respect to those who WERE at the gig, the same sort of respect and gratitude the mexixan people have shown the band by snapping up all the tickets and selking out the shows....thats all peace

100% agree man. I knew that they were going to play late, but a little bit of respect and not making me wait for 3 fucking hours after a shitty local metal band wouldn't bother me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 11:41:08 AM »

A couple of hours << 14 years.

Think about it.

There's a lot of fans who'll never get to see the band in their home country. Let alone in their home town.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 11:46:22 AM »

look jarmo, i know im not going to convince or change your mind to say "ok 2-3 hours wait is a joke". it aint going to happen.

so rather than me continue to debate it and ruin the thread for others (probably), im just going to agree to disagree man, if you use that sort of logic, then a band that has never played mexico can have the fans wait for 3,4,5,6 hours....?

anyway..................
 beer

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 11:49:28 AM »

Think about it.

There's a lot of fans who'll never get to see the band in their home country. Let alone in their home town.

/jarmo

It wasn't my home town. I had to take a flight. That's OK, nobody's forcing me to go. But if i knew that people have been standing for about 7 hours, packed in one of the hottest cities of the world as its monterrey, i would try to get on stage at least on time. I mean, it's not like he's finishing Chinese Democracy backstage.

But we are GNR fans, so i can't complain.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 12:02:02 PM »

wait, where are people posting the reviews?
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »

Think about it.

/jarmo

It wasn't my home town. I had to take a flight. That's OK, nobody's forcing me to go. But if i knew that people have been standing for about 7 hours, packed in one of the hottest cities of the world as its monterrey, i would try to get on stage at least on time. I mean, it's not like he's finishing Chinese Democracy backstage.

The way I see it is that you can complain about the waiting time as much as you want but it's still not going to change anything.  Axl has stated numerous times that he wants to give the best show he's capable of and, in order to do that, the conditions have to be right - from technicalities regarding stage set up to him feeling personally ready to go onstage and front a two and a half hour show.  That, to me, indicates that not only does he want to do the GNR name proud but that, yes, he does respect his fans and doesn't want to let them down.

So please, and this isn't directed at you superloconoriega, can we drop the constant whinging about the wait between bands.  As has been stated many times before on here, if you don't like to wait, then arrive later or park yourself at the bar for a while.  But above all, leave it out of the discussion threads because it is getting damn tiresome to read.

Now, back on topic, what's this about Frank's purple drum kit?  Is is new or did I just never notice it before?   Cheesy

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 12:07:48 PM »

exactly my piont ,my friend.were are they ?

the one an only horsey !
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »

Think about it.

/jarmo

The way I see it is that you can complain about the waiting time as much as you want but it's still not going to change anything.? Axl has stated numerous times that he wants to give the best show he's capable of and, in order to do that, the conditions have to be right - from technicalities regarding stage set up to him feeling personally ready to go onstage and front a two and a half hour show.? That, to me, indicates that not only does he want to do the GNR name proud but that, yes, he does respect his fans and doesn't want to let them down.

So please, and this isn't directed at you superloconoriega, can we drop the constant whinging about the wait between bands.? As has been stated many times before on here, if you don't like to wait, then arrive later or park yourself at the bar for a while.? But above all, leave it out of the discussion threads because it is getting damn tiresome to read.

Now, back on topic, what's this about Frank's purple drum kit?? Is is new or did I just never notice it before?? ?Cheesy

is new and ( i think* ) doesn't have the GNR logo.
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 12:14:04 PM »

come on superloco, we want the good, bad, and the ugly.  tell us what your experience was like, how you were feeling, how people around you were feeling, energy and sound of the band, peoples reactions to different songs....etc.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 02:00:36 PM »

just listing this fact:

last show 2006 was 22 songs in USA
first show 2007 was 16 songs in Mexico (where they havent been since 1993)

and now only adding some small thoughts of mine:
no setlist surprises either. when not willing to add other songs from the big gnr catalogue on this tour why not at least changing the song order exspecially the first 3-5 tracks? jungle + SCOM can be kick-ass encore, too (as proven in the 90s)! nightrain, cd could be huge crowd-pleasers as openers!
and the 2h-3h waiting time.....it mostly cuts the show lenghts, in Holland'06 it was a big $$$$$ issue when playing longer than allowed, thats why they didnt do more than 125min. oh well....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 02:02:11 PM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 02:14:45 PM »

in Holland'06 it was a big $$$$$ issue when playing longer than allowed, thats why they didnt do more than 125min. oh well....
not just in 2006 Tongue almost every show in Holland...though i doubt it was the fines back in the 90's...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »

last show 2006 was 22 songs in USA
first show 2007 was 16 songs in Mexico (where they havent been since 1993)

Your point is?

The longest show on the North American tour wasn't the first one.

They kept adding songs to the set in Europe and North America as they went along.

First you make sure you got the basics covered, then you start adding extras. Not the other way around.

/jarmo

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »

Think about it, people.  They haven't played since December, so if it takes a show or two to get the rust shaken off, then that's the way it has to be.  They'll be firing on all cylinders very shortly.

I'd rather get a kick-ass 16 song show than an average, longer show.

Quality>Quantity
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »

Think about it, people.? They haven't played since December, so if it takes a show or two to get the rust shaken off, then that's the way it has to be.? They'll be firing on all cylinders very shortly.

I'd rather get a kick-ass 16 song show than an average, longer show.

Quality>Quantity

I don't think there is such a thing as an "average" gnr show long or short.  Grin
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2007, 02:45:01 PM »

the point is just this?fact, Jarmo: they cut down this show 6 songs compared to the last one. not more not less.

and no, i wont let you go away that easy ?hihi with your argument "First you make sure you got the basics covered, then you start adding extras. Not the other way around."

here is the setlist from the first 2006 show 5/12/06:
Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Better, Live And Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, You Could Be Mine, The Blues, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Chinese Democracy, T.W.A.T., Patience, IRS, Nightrain, Paradise City

thats 19 songs with "added" 3 newbies. + other surprises (looks, voice more back etc.). and they did shorter aswell in europe!!

and the "same setlist moaning"....come on, i'm sure people would be VERY OK with at least changing the song order. the former known fact that you'd never know what guns are goin to open with + setlists variing a lot has turned into "when i come to the show 20min too late i'll miss jungle, easy, brownstone and lald"

but hey, its 20th Anniversary Appetite this year!!? peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2007, 03:02:10 PM »

So you're saying you shouldn't use warm up shows as a way to practice the new songs you'll perform on tour? To test the songs in front of an audience?

I think there's a reason why they played that kind of sets in New York in May. It was the first shows, it was warm up shows and it was a small audience with more hardcore fans than say in Lisbon....

Just look at last year's setlists and you'll see that many songs didn't appear in the first shows....

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: