Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 06.02.2007 Monterrey, Mexico @ Monterrey Arena [DISCUSSION THREAD]  (Read 21069 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« on: June 02, 2007, 10:37:55 PM »

figured i'd make one since the other thread is just for updates  ok
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 02:47:43 AM »

Why is nobody discussing now  Huh

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 02:50:18 AM »

i guess some people are worried that their post might get deleted?
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 02:52:36 AM »

looks like same set list as first leg... not really suprised... i guess they can get away with that since its the 1st timge theyve plyed mex in a long time...
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 02:53:04 AM »

i guess some people are worried that their post might get deleted?

even if you stay on topic?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 03:26:48 AM »

ypu all have to understad, as far as the band is concerned they want to give the same great shows all over in places they havent been for awhile or perhaps never been, , Ill say this those who are so damn adimnet about GNR fitting your expectations, is probably a very worthless cause. if you sen them live last yr, and are anticipating  or thinking you deserve something new at a show you arent even fucking at , shame on you. Damn let others who have been shut out so long get to expierience and be happy for them!, its not that hard!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 03:32:52 AM »

ypu all have to understad, as far as the band is concerned they want to give the same great shows all over in places they havent been for awhile or perhaps never been, , Ill say this those who are so damn adimnet about GNR fitting your expectations, is probably a very worthless cause. if you sen them live last yr, and are anticipating? or thinking you deserve something new at a show you arent even fucking at , shame on you. Damn let others who have been shut out so long get to expierience and be happy for them!, its not that hard!

Yes! You of the "Now! Now! Now!" Y and Zzzzzz Generation
This is all about Generation X

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 07:34:15 AM »

No fan reviews? No comments on how the concert was or the sound...?

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
bushkarocks!!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 10:15:48 AM »

think the mexicans are holding there fiesta

ah well hopefuly we see some reviews soon  here
think it has been a good start of the world tour 2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 10:24:47 AM »

think it has been a good start of the world tour 2007

you bet.

reviews and tidbits and I want to hear about Tommy.
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2007, 10:35:41 AM »

good luck - there was an extended thread discussing the Mexico concert etc - then I refresh the page and it's been deleted.

I offically have had a gutful of this board.  I have posted here for a while, listened to all the crap - but this has just turned into a pure propoganda board.

I have never been rude, over the top, just open and honest in opinions as have everyone else, but for the thread to have been scrapped is a complete joke - there was nothing obscene in it, nothing rude, nothing bad, just people sharing their opinion.  I didn't realise this was a board that could have only one sort of opinion full stop.  You people are a complete joke!!!!

I really dont get it.  People are allowed to have an opinion arent they?  I was all positive about the concert personally and was happy to post updates for the first concert in Oz as well as 2 more in Melbourne in the next week, but I really don't get it.  If people don't like the set list or something - that's their choice!!!  they are entitled to their opinion, why delete the thread?

The first Mexioco concert happened and people discussed it - why delete the whole things?

Personally I was just wrapped that they showed up and played, but people think and feel different things and then the whole thing was deleted.

WHY?HuhHuh??
GUNNER
Rocker

son of a gun

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2007, 10:42:12 AM »

same set list....? drool always the same... so many good musics they got.... and it's always the same... Why?Huh

this is nothing but the extension of the las year's tour.... nothing new
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:45:29 AM by GUNNER » Logged

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2007, 10:56:01 AM »

Remember, they have not  played Mexico for many years. This setlist are the songs people want to hear. I think the setlist will change when they come back to Europe/US and or the album drops.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 11:04:34 AM »

Remember, they have not  played Mexico for many years. This setlist are the songs people want to hear. I think the setlist will change when they come back to Europe/US and or the album drops.

Yeah, I agree.  I'm not expecting major changes to the setlist over the next month or so, probably just a few song changes each show.  But, with a setlist like this one, why change?!  GNR are playing to people who haven't seen them in god knows how long and, from experience, I can say that seeing this band perform these songs is bloody fantastic.

Once the album's released, well that'll be a different story...

All in all, it looks like a cracking start to this leg of the tour.  Onwards and upwards chaps..    Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »

super ultra quick notes before my full review

both opening bands sucked, but the wait for GNR was pathetic. More on this later.

show was very fast paced and cut short a few songs (encore) due to the band getting on stage late ( at about 1 am, after 2 hours without any band playing ).

Crowd forgot the 2 hours lateness as soon as the band began playing

Tommy looked HORRIBLE, sick, like if had just waken up of a coma. Almost like moe the bartender from the simpsons. Richard was scary, wont surprise me if he was dancing with mr.brownstone. Finck looks old, BBF has a new, slimmer image. No doubt about it he was the coolest looking of 'em all. Had huge shoes.

very dissapointing for me that there was no encore, but overall i guess it was a good show.

Any specific questions?

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 11:14:44 AM »

good luck - there was an extended thread discussing the Mexico concert etc - then I refresh the page and it's been deleted.

I offically have had a gutful of this board.? I have posted here for a while, listened to all the crap - but this has just turned into a pure propoganda board.
I

is this the most true statement of the last 12 months!?

for the record i agree with you, i was just glad they showed and played, and the peeps there had a good time!

the guy in the other thread was ripped to shreds for saying he didnt like the set and hoped it would be changed by the time they got to Oz. why!? he stated his opinion, it wasn't argumentative, just an opinion and a wish....he didnt flame the band, but still he was bent over and shafted!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 11:15:32 AM »

Any specific questions?

yeah. what did axl look like?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »

Any specific questions?

Same outfits he has been wearing since the May 2006 shows. Started with an oversized black leather kind of jacket,  then put on a mexican-charro type of jacket. Then the sleeveless red and white stripped shirt ( as seen @ download festival ), then the golden jacket (as seen @ gnr.com main page ) All the other band members wore exactly the same as they always do, except for BBF who has a cooler, slimmer image. He wore a t-shirt with a message i cant remember, PITTMAN wore a t-shirt that said KILL THE WEAK and that's all i can remember about looks.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »

why did my last post get deleted!?

anways im posting ot again....

seems like the same issue with the lateness is set to continue, and will continue to piss off fans, but wait....its not axls fault ?Roll Eyes

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 11:24:07 AM »

why did my last post get deleted!?

anways im posting ot again....

seems like the same issue with the lateness is set to continue, and will continue to piss off fans, but wait....its not axls fault ?Roll Eyes

shut the fuck up.

Any specific questions?

Same outfits he has been wearing since the May 2006 shows. Started with an oversized black leather kind of jacket,? then put on a mexican-charro type of jacket. Then the sleeveless red and white stripped shirt ( as seen @ download festival ), then the golden jacket (as seen @ gnr.com main page )

same braids and beard or no beard?

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: