Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:32:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 430582 times)
greendog
« Reply #880 on: April 07, 2007, 11:04:20 AM »

year zero is possibly the greatest album ive ever heard. (and no, im not saying that because its new material and im increadibly excited)

it is just amazing, cant wait for the release. my top favourite band joint with GnR
GeraldFord
« Reply #881 on: April 07, 2007, 11:51:32 PM »

So far I like "The Good Solider," "Capital g," "God Given," "Zero Sum" and "Another Version of the Truth" the best, along with "In this Twilight" which I have always liked. Some of these songs seem to be a big "fuck you" to George W. Bush.

Anyone know what "The Warning" could be about?

"Another Version of the Truth" is just beautiful--dark, errie, melancholy, tuneful. One of TR's best instumentals.

Like another poster said, it's great that Trent is stepping outside himself. With the War in Iraq, the corrupt Bush White House in power, and an election coming up, an album like this (and it's follow-up in '08) needed to be made.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 11:55:40 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #882 on: April 08, 2007, 12:27:13 AM »

Writing political songs (anti-bush,etc) has become about as boring as an artist can get! IMO
GeraldFord
« Reply #883 on: April 08, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »

Writing political songs (anti-bush,etc) has become about as boring as an artist can get! IMO

Seeing as how Bush is the worst President in our lifetime and things are so bad....

If you want to listen to songs about pussy, tits and ass, there is always Motley and Poison.

I liked this quote:

Part one is Year Zero. Concept record. Sixteen tracks. What's it about? Well, it takes place about 15 years in the future. Things are not good. If you imagine a world where greed and power continue to run their likely course, you'll have an idea of the backdrop," he continued. "The world has reached the breaking point ? politically, spiritually and ecologically. Written from various perspectives of people in this world, Year Zero examines various viewpoints set against an impending moment of truth."9 T. Reznor
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #884 on: April 08, 2007, 12:42:52 AM »

The warning is about a higher form of life coming down and telling us that we done fucked up.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #885 on: April 08, 2007, 12:45:07 AM »

I want to give my two cents, It's difficult to me choose a favorite, so far I love the entire album, but I want to say that "Meet your master", "the good soldier" and "Survivalism" are amazing.

In a side note, is great to see how Trent can change the setlist everynight in this tour, I just downloaded a great bootleg with "Heresy"... and found a video for "We?re in this together " in youtube, I never heard it live before. And the recent addition of "Last" is very cool. I want some more bootlegs from this tour.

//JK
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #886 on: April 08, 2007, 02:20:22 AM »

Seeing as how Bush is the worst President in our lifetime and things are so bad....

If you want to listen to songs about pussy, tits and ass, there is always Motley and Poison.

Yeah, Because Trent Reznor knows so much about politics and how bad things are. You're right!! Thanks Rosie O!
shaved
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #887 on: April 08, 2007, 02:42:40 AM »

Yeah, Because Trent Reznor knows so much about politics and how bad things are. You're right!! Thanks Rosie O!

How the hell do you know what he does or doesn't know?  You act as if its impossible for a citizen to become informed about politics and world issues.   It's awesome that you know Trent personally though, must be interesting.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #888 on: April 08, 2007, 03:11:40 AM »

How the hell do you know what he does or doesn't know?  You act as if its impossible for a citizen to become informed about politics and world issues.   It's awesome that you know Trent personally though, must be interesting.

Well said.  I find it stupid people get on musicians for expressing their opinions and political beliefs in their music. They are us citizens as well and have the right to express those views anyway they see fit to. So many people act like they are so stupid they can't possibly be informed and well read on what's going on in the world.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #889 on: April 08, 2007, 03:50:30 AM »

Ummm...I am fucking tripping right now. Seriously tripping the fuck out. This is so good. I am a long time fan...and I am...fuck. Trent is a goddamn fucking genius. I can't believe he had this in him. I am saying that as a fan too. This music is so moving me. Its a damn masterpiece. All this time waiting for Chinese D... and Trent comes and puts this out. I think Trent has raised the bar. NIN has moved into a new level now. Early contender for best album of the year. Contender for album of the fucking decade.

Yea its goddamn groovy. Its taking my mind on an adventure too. I just said wow.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #890 on: April 08, 2007, 04:04:48 AM »

*cartman's voice* man, awesome ....  **

being a NIN fan lets you breath a little from the GNR craziness Wink

makane
Legend

« Reply #891 on: April 08, 2007, 06:06:12 AM »

Im excited to see how the crowd takes this record. I think it has huge potential to gain some new NIN fans.
I've listened to this record for a few days now. It's pretty much what I expected it to be, nothing mindblowing but nothing avarage.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
GeraldFord
« Reply #892 on: April 08, 2007, 07:43:23 AM »

Are those chimes in "The Good Soldier"?

Also, who thinks "capital g" should be the next single?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:52:59 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #893 on: April 08, 2007, 07:53:00 AM »

in the end ... i guess ... sounds very TWAT/Madagascar to me in some ways Wink

GeraldFord
« Reply #894 on: April 08, 2007, 07:54:20 AM »

in the end ... i guess ... sounds very TWAT/Madagascar to me in some ways Wink

Yeah...I'm sure that the "Chinese Democracy" demos have been a HUGE influence on Trent Reznor!  hihi no
makane
Legend

« Reply #895 on: April 08, 2007, 09:27:05 AM »

Im pretty certain Capital G is the next single.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #896 on: April 08, 2007, 11:45:04 PM »

Im pretty certain Capital G is the next single.

yeah the album covers i've seen have a sticker that says "16 noisey new tracks including survivialism and capital g", so i guess its safe to say that the song will be the second single.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #897 on: April 09, 2007, 03:02:21 AM »

Which of these albums will Year Zero sound like the most?

A. Downward Spiral

B. The Fragile

C. With Teeth

D. Broken

Im just kidding..its a trick question...because ALL those albums sound exactly the same......
Lolita
« Reply #898 on: April 09, 2007, 03:07:24 AM »

Im just kidding..its a trick question...because ALL those albums sound exactly the same......

Nah, they don't sound the same at all. You compare Broken to Pretty hate machine and those two are absolutely different.
But Year Zero reminds a bit of some songs from the Fragile at times. There is also something of The downward spiral... Some Marilyn Manson, rock from the eighties...
GeraldFord
« Reply #899 on: April 09, 2007, 12:12:24 PM »

Which of these albums will Year Zero sound like the most?

A. Downward Spiral

B. The Fragile

C. With Teeth

D. Broken

That's bullshit. No two NIN albums sound the same.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: