Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:30:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 430945 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #600 on: January 27, 2007, 01:57:40 AM »

newest pic from nin.com:

Trent should be almost done mixing, i mean he said he began the mixing process in early january and said he was half way through on the 15th so....

i cant wait for this record.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #601 on: January 27, 2007, 04:17:34 AM »

One of those preview showings of it is only 20 minutes from me. I am gonna try and get to it.
anythinggoes
« Reply #602 on: January 27, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »

ok im going to see these in March can anyone suggest what album to listen too and buy as the only stuff i have thats NIN related is the Natural Born Killers Soundtrack 
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #603 on: January 27, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »

ok im going to see these in March can anyone suggest what album to listen too and buy as the only stuff i have thats NIN related is the Natural Born Killers Soundtrack?

if u look a page or two back you'll see someone else asked the same question, and alot of people gave their opinions.

in a nutshell, all Nine Inch Nails records are radically different but i would start with Pretty Hate Machine, the first one, then maybe the EP Broken, or With Teeth. Those records have the most pop-oriented feel. The hardest to get into are the epic experimental albums,  The Downard Spiral and The Fragile, but they are amazing.

anythinggoes
« Reply #604 on: January 27, 2007, 02:56:37 PM »

ok im going to see these in March can anyone suggest what album to listen too and buy as the only stuff i have thats NIN related is the Natural Born Killers Soundtrack?

if u look a page or two back you'll see someone else asked the same question, and alot of people gave their opinions.

in a nutshell, all Nine Inch Nails records are radically different but i would start with Pretty Hate Machine, the first one, then maybe the EP Broken, or With Teeth. Those records have the most pop-oriented feel. The hardest to get into are the epic experimental albums,? The Downard Spiral and The Fragile, but they are amazing.

ah sorry and thank you at the same time ill go see what i can find  ok
GeraldFord
« Reply #605 on: January 27, 2007, 04:16:50 PM »

I hope NIN tours the States with the new album.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #606 on: January 27, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »

Not to sound condescending but of course they will.

And on a side note.. to the person a few posts earlier.. Broken.. pop?? that made me laugh.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #607 on: January 27, 2007, 09:42:42 PM »

And on a side note.. to the person a few posts earlier.. Broken.. pop?? that made me laugh.

haha i was referring to With Teeth and Pretty Hate Machine, the reason i mentioned Broken too was because i thought it would be a good preview/primer  to The Downward Spiral thats why i reccomended it first. thanx for catching that lol.

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #608 on: January 28, 2007, 12:25:27 AM »

haha i was referring to With Teeth and Pretty Hate Machine, the reason i mentioned Broken too was because i thought it would be a good preview/primer  to The Downward Spiral thats why i reccomended it first. thanx for catching that lol.

NP  Wink

Though to be honest I told a guy at work to start with Fixed for a laugh after he told me he liked soft stuff  Grin

More amusing though, he actually liked it lol (Fixed is an album I love to smoke hash with.. dunno why, but the beats just let me drift)

EDIT: Oh and before I forget in my drunken slumber.. For anyone who wants to know, the poppiest song NiN has done would probably be Closer. The Closer To God EP is cool (and you can still pick it up on Amazon and whatnot.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 12:28:37 AM by Scree77 » Logged

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #609 on: January 28, 2007, 01:37:03 AM »

haha i was referring to With Teeth and Pretty Hate Machine, the reason i mentioned Broken too was because i thought it would be a good preview/primer? to The Downward Spiral thats why i reccomended it first. thanx for catching that lol.

NP? Wink

Though to be honest I told a guy at work to start with Fixed for a laugh after he told me he liked soft stuff? Grin

More amusing though, he actually liked it lol (Fixed is an album I love to smoke hash with.. dunno why, but the beats just let me drift)

EDIT: Oh and before I forget in my drunken slumber.. For anyone who wants to know, the poppiest song NiN has done would probably be Closer. The Closer To God EP is cool (and you can still pick it up on Amazon and whatnot.)

i never really checked out the remix albums, guess i should....

kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #610 on: January 31, 2007, 10:03:50 AM »

NINE INCH NAILS is scheduled to film a video for the new track entitled "Survivalism" beginning Monday, February 5 in the Los Angeles area. The song comes off the group's new album, "Year Zero", which is slated for an April release.

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=66225

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #611 on: January 31, 2007, 10:21:10 AM »

NINE INCH NAILS is scheduled to film a video for the new track entitled "Survivalism" beginning Monday, February 5 in the Los Angeles area. The song comes off the group's new album, "Year Zero", which is slated for an April release.

awesome.

by the way, the DVD version of Closure was leaked on torrent sites. i heard its really good, im gonna DL it once i go home for spring break, since my college has security measures that prevent the downloading of torrents. anyway everyone thinks trent leaked it intentionally along with the Broken movie.

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #612 on: January 31, 2007, 12:49:54 PM »

awesome.

by the way, the DVD version of Closure was leaked on torrent sites. i heard its really good, im gonna DL it once i go home for spring break, since my college has security measures that prevent the downloading of torrents. anyway everyone thinks trent leaked it intentionally along with the Broken movie.

And I can verify the Closure DVDs (2 of em, 3 if you go for the DVD5 version) are cool due to the extra 90 minutes of footage. BTW it's also not what you'd expect from an "official" release (it was a prototype, supposedly Trent himself dropped it.) But if you own the VHS version, it's better for sheer ease and you can put the VHS tapes away. And GnFnR87, if you haven't got it yet, snag the Broken movie on DVD that was torrented at the end of 2006. The quality of that is amazing. It does take away some of the mystique of the shitty 10th generation AVI that was doing the rounds near a decade ago. For example, the hearts still beating (you'll know what I mean if you see it.)

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #613 on: January 31, 2007, 03:54:10 PM »

awesome.

And I can verify the Closure DVDs (2 of em, 3 if you go for the DVD5 version) are cool due to the extra 90 minutes of footage. BTW it's also not what you'd expect from an "official" release (it was a prototype, supposedly Trent himself dropped it.) But if you own the VHS version, it's better for sheer ease and you can put the VHS tapes away. And GnFnR87, if you haven't got it yet, snag the Broken movie on DVD that was torrented at the end of 2006. The quality of that is amazing. It does take away some of the mystique of the shitty 10th generation AVI that was doing the rounds near a decade ago. For example, the hearts still beating (you'll know what I mean if you see it.)

so Closure is definitely worth getting right? cuz its gonna take up tons of room on my comp and its gonna be a little tricky minimizing it to fit on single layer DVDs...

anyway supposedly they are filming the new music video for the single as we speak(or very soon). hopefully it wont get canned like the Every Day is Exactly The Same music video.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #614 on: January 31, 2007, 04:05:02 PM »

actually never mind its also available in a Divx version thats much smaller and still great quality..... Tongue
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:08:43 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #615 on: February 01, 2007, 12:57:34 PM »

awesome.

so Closure is definitely worth getting right? cuz its gonna take up tons of room on my comp and its gonna be a little tricky minimizing it to fit on single layer DVDs...

Thats what I was saying, 2 versions.. 2 DVDs are dual layer and 3 DVDs are single layer. DivX would work, but I like to stick it on the standalone player and watch them on a big screen so getting to where I want can be annoying with DivX. For PC only use then it's not so bad.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #616 on: February 01, 2007, 01:15:21 PM »

awesome.

Thats what I was saying, 2 versions.. 2 DVDs are dual layer and 3 DVDs are single layer. DivX would work, but I like to stick it on the standalone player and watch them on a big screen so getting to where I want can be annoying with DivX. For PC only use then it's not so bad.

fuck.? how can it be annoying getting to where you want with the DivX version? i intend to primarily watch it on a standalone player too...

Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #617 on: February 02, 2007, 10:38:44 PM »

I like to skip to where I want it, thats all. Especially the music video disc.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #618 on: February 04, 2007, 02:52:40 PM »

i really cant take this waiting any longer... i hope we get some news soon. like official track listing and release date......

the site for the album is probably http://yearzero.nin.com which keeps changing, theres a couple links to pictures on there now.

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #619 on: February 05, 2007, 01:35:53 PM »

aha!!!!

track 2: The Beginning of the End

http://yearzero.nin.com

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 118 Go Up Print