Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 431014 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #560 on: January 06, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »

Hehe, weird stuff  Wink

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #561 on: January 06, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »

Hehe, weird stuff? Wink

WTF is that and in a NIN thread? Huh
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #562 on: January 08, 2007, 04:35:49 AM »

Kinda old news but since no one had posted this yet here goes. From Nin.com.

Quote from: Trent Reznor

"Is it possible I am actually finished writing and recording a new nine inch nails record?  Apparently so.  We begin mixing in January!

Juggling fifteen all-new tracks around.  Testing sequences.  No leftovers from "with teeth".  Highly conceptual.  Quite noisy.  Fucking cool."

The album is  scheduled for April release.
Please don't let it be another straightforward  rock album.
The new tour starting sooo very soon aswell must mean the live-Nin setup is identical to WT-era. Which i find disappointing.I  don't like the new guys. Aside from Mr White,who is very likeable. But he doesn't really count as a new guy anyway.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 04:40:39 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #563 on: January 08, 2007, 05:39:48 PM »

i love how this is gonna be the complete opposite of With Teeth. i liked WT but its time to move on and change. very exciting. i cant even imagine how it will sound but im sure trent wont dissapoint.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #564 on: January 08, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »

Hehe, weird stuff  Wink

Nice stido photo Makane! Thank you!

And I like the funny spoof photo of the CD album track listing.  Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #565 on: January 10, 2007, 02:51:55 PM »

Anything that Trent Reznor writes, produces, or collaborates on turns to gold.  I WISH Trent was mixing Chinese Democracy.

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
marty
Rocker

One Vodka For Every Ghost

« Reply #566 on: January 10, 2007, 03:47:52 PM »

There maybe some surprise vocalists that pop up here and there

Axl  hihi
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #567 on: January 10, 2007, 08:41:30 PM »

Trent supposedly said on the spiral boards that the title of the album is:

(drumroll please)

"Year Zero"

and it could be about the end of the world

i also found this quote about the new record:

"Usually when I finish a record, I have to go into battle with the people whose job is to figure out how to sell the record. The only time that didn't happen was 'With Teeth'. This time, however, I'm expecting an epic struggle. This is not a particularly friendly record and it certainly doesn't sound like anything else out there right now."

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #568 on: January 10, 2007, 09:34:21 PM »

wow i hope they don't try to stop him from releasing it.
GeraldFord
« Reply #569 on: January 11, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »

NINE INCH NAILS Mainman TRENT REZNOR: 'I've Got My Confidence Back!'

NINE INCH NAILS frontman Trent Reznor has revealed to Kerrang! magazine (web site) that making the band's forthcoming fifth studio album, entitled "Year Zero", has resulted in him feeling stronger and more self-assured than ever before.

Reznor is currently working on the follow-up to 2005's "With Teeth" in his home studio in Los Angeles, but recorded a lot of new songs in hotel rooms around the world on laptops and a portable studio. Although remaining tight-lipped about the new songtitles, Reznor did confess that writing and recording on the move has been "fun and inspiring."

"I feel a lot more confident recording this record than I did 'With Teeth'," Reznor revealed. "'With Teeth' was me kind of wondering if I could still even do this and being pretty cautious. And this one, I've got my confidence back. I feel stronger about what I have to say as an artist and I feel a lot less concerned about what people think about it. I feel personally that my best work's ahead of me," he added. "I don't know if that's going to be the case in the public's opinion but that's out of my control. What I can do is try to make the best shit I can and push myself and that's what I think this record is right now."

Reznor is not, however, feeling quite so optimistic about the rest of the current rock scene.

"If I happen to accidentally turn the radio on and hear, for example, an emo type screamo band, I literally can't tell the difference between one of 20 bands," he sighed. "I think either I'm getting old, which is a fact, or I'm turning into my dad! I wonder about the person that's in a band, the young kid who just got signed or is trying to get signed ? why is he doing it?" Reznor mused. "Is he trying to change the world and do something different and express himself, because that is why he wanted to do it? Or is it because they want to fuck Paris Hilton and be photographed outside trendy restaurants?"

"Year Zero" is due out in April.

NINE INCH NAILS will release a DVD called "Beside You In Time" on February 27. The disc documents the band's tour in support of "With Teeth".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65127
GeraldFord
« Reply #570 on: January 11, 2007, 06:58:14 PM »

NINE INCH NAILS has set "Year Zero" as the title of its new album, which is due out in April and follows up 2005's "With Teeth". "It could be about the end of the world," the band's mastermind Trent Reznor wrote on the official NIN fan club web site The Spiral.

In a recent interview with England's Kerrang! magazine, Reznor described the upcoming album's as "a collage of sound type of thing, not heavy in a metal guitar kind of way." He added, "With this record I feel a lot less concerned about what people think about it ? especially the dying record industry. I couldn't care less about that right now." Reznor also revealed that the new effort is a concept album and "part of a bigger picture of a number of things I'm working on. Essentially I wrote the soundtrack to a movie that doesn't exist."

Reznor said that most of the album was recorded "in hotel rooms around the world on laptops," with very few musicians beside himself and "maybe some surprise vocalists that pop up here and there."

When asked why the new record took less than two years to arrive when the last one took six, Reznor said, "I'm probably as surprised as some fans are (laughs). But really it's just a matter of discipline. When I was on the last tour, to keep myself busy I was just really hunkered down and was working on music the whole time, so this kept me in a creative mode and when I finished the tour I felt like I wasn't tired and wanted to keep at it."

NINE INCH NAILS will release a DVD called "Beside You In Time" on February 27. The disc documents the band's tour in support of "With Teeth".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=65084
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #571 on: January 11, 2007, 07:37:21 PM »

Thank you for the news.  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #572 on: January 11, 2007, 08:01:43 PM »

Reznor is not, however, feeling quite so optimistic about the rest of the current rock scene.

"If I happen to accidentally turn the radio on and hear, for example, an emo type screamo band, I literally can't tell the difference between one of 20 bands," he sighed. "I think either I'm getting old, which is a fact, or I'm turning into my dad! I wonder about the person that's in a band, the young kid who just got signed or is trying to get signed ? why is he doing it?" Reznor mused. "Is he trying to change the world and do something different and express himself, because that is why he wanted to do it? Or is it because they want to fuck Paris Hilton and be photographed outside trendy restaurants?"

Trent comes up with some of the funniest and truthful quotes i've ever heard.

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2007, 10:12:56 AM »

http://www.nin-thespiral.net/    < - - - A link who deserves to be clicked!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #574 on: January 15, 2007, 10:24:18 AM »

trents words are so true there

html sucks
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #575 on: January 15, 2007, 01:01:42 PM »

Yup. Grin
This one is pretty hillarious too, in it's own special way:D

- - -
Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails is responsible for "the most tricky and yet correct and clear sentence by a rockstar in an interview that I have ever seen":

"When I look at people that I would like to feel have been a mentor or an inspiring kind of archetype of what I'd love to see my career eventually be mentioned as a footnote for in the same paragraph, it would be, like, Bowie."

Matthew suggests that Reznor deserves extra points because his sentence is "finished with a flourish of 'like.

- - -

O, and this one is hillarious.
TR responding to a question regarding what he'd like to have written in his gravestone:
"Said Fist Fuck, won a grammy"

"Robin Finck [was] getting paid loads of money to hang out with Axl Rose and his house was getting paid for. You know what, fuck you,"

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 01:12:14 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #576 on: January 15, 2007, 01:14:29 PM »

Oh btw, in the case  you feel like doing some  e-stalking, TR is posting at the Echoing the sound fan forums every now and then. He is using the name Teitan.

It's kinda sad how about err half of his posts there consists of him convincing his own  fans how much Chris Vrenna and Tweaker suck ass. He's wrong btw, Tweaker has atleast 1 great album. yes
He provides his fans with cool torrent links to material coming straight from his own stash pretty often(the radio shows with Peter Muprhy, the unreleased Closure DVD.)Very cool of him.
...about 25% of his posts consist of him flaming his own fans and telling them how much they suck though Grin

Trent's responses to some fans' critical remarks regarding the new album title:

"Fuck Reznor and his shitty ideas.
At least with "Chinese Fuckin' Democracy" and Manson's new record "Celebration Station" or whatever it is there'll be some good shit to listen to this year."
 - - -
GODDAMNIT that title put me in a shitty mood. I KNEW IT!!! TOTALLY FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!
I'm not even going to go to the trouble of stealing it when it leaks because it sucks so much.
I'm going to sit here with my PS3 (it RULEZ - wii SUX) and laugh at the people that think the iPhone is cool (hahaha no 3G!!!!)

Oh, what's the point.
 - - -

AAAAHHAHHHAidoshdiusd sf[79t cv=e]v8odilcnva.ks,m
S /mxcm/;dsl
ds]v
d

NUTSACK
- - -

hihi

"sf[79t cv=e]v8odil" He is so well spoken at times!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 09:55:39 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #577 on: January 15, 2007, 10:34:27 PM »

the wait is unbearable. maddening. just MADDENING!!

im not gonna make it, i hope they release a teaser trailer with clips like they did for With Teeth or at least give us a track list or something. if it really is coming out in april then we should get the single within the next month i guess.

it just blows my mind every time i try to imagine how this record will sound. i'm so excited.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2007, 02:18:08 AM »

they're comming to paris in a month
i dont have my tickets Sad sold-out Sad

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:17 AM »

personally i like trent, he seems quite a down to earth guy for someone who made such an impact on music and under ground scenes.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: