Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:34:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 431459 times)
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #440 on: August 09, 2006, 05:35:36 PM »

Bella Lugosi's Dead live by Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy himself. Coolness smoking'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPxxYr9LJM

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #441 on: August 30, 2006, 10:31:26 PM »

More Peter Murphy with NiN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elbsomblod4

this stuff is fucking great. Best performance of Reptile ever.The Haunted-bit they do..sinks in perfectly.

Makes me wanna buy some post-Bauhaus Murphy stuff. There is something very cool in his way of getting those lyrics out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeUbj_xpv7c&mode=related&search=
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 10:38:09 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #442 on: August 30, 2006, 10:44:48 PM »

2. Dead Souls
1. Even Deeper
Those use to be my two favorite NIN songs before as well.

Now, I couldnt even make a list...
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #443 on: August 30, 2006, 11:08:51 PM »

all is quiet on the Nine Inch Nails front. Trent is apparently working hard on this new album.... hopefully since he is finally clean and is able to focus more it will be out early next year.... hopefully......

i'm really interested to see where he goes musically since With Teeth was his most "song" and "hook" oriented album since the debut record Pretty Hate Machine, i hope since he has returned to his roots in a sense he now feels free to experiment and and maybe give us another brilliant concept album in the vein of The Downward Spiral and The Fragile....

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #444 on: August 31, 2006, 05:28:39 AM »

favorite 3 songs in no order

Closer (ya its the one that gets played on the radio all the time- but i love it still)
Eraser (i just trip out to that tune)
We're In This Together Now  (love it)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #445 on: August 31, 2006, 07:03:09 AM »

all is quiet on the Nine Inch Nails front. Trent is apparently working hard on this new album.... hopefully since he is finally clean and is able to focus more it will be out early next year.... hopefully......

i'm really interested to see where he goes musically since With Teeth was his most "song" and "hook" oriented album since the debut record Pretty Hate Machine, i hope since he has returned to his roots in a sense he now feels free to experiment and and maybe give us another brilliant concept album in the vein of The Downward Spiral and The Fragile....

we're not gonna be waiting 5 years again are we? cause trent hasnt really got age on his side now has he.

html sucks
Amari2677
Headliner

« Reply #446 on: August 31, 2006, 12:44:05 PM »

My top 5 NIN songs ever

5. Piggy
 4. And All That Could Have Been
 3. Physical
 2. Dead Souls
 1. Even Deeper

Good choices Zakas!  I was never too big on Even Deeper, but then I saw NIN play it live at the Hammerstein in '05 and it blew me away!  The last verse that Trent screams over (something like this):

Everything that matters is gone (EVERYTHING!)
All the hands of hope have withdrawn (Can you please)
Can you try to help me hang on (PLEASE!!!)
Woo Ooo ... it runs...

Now onto my Top 10 NIN songs....

10. And All That Could Have Been
9. Sunspots
8. Last
7. Piggy
6. Reptile
5. Even Deeper
4. Hurt
3. The Great Below
2. Terrible Lie ("you fucking promised me!"
1.  Something I Can Never Have (preferably the Still version)

Damn, there really isn't a NIN song I don't love.

I'm free of all the chains we held together...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #447 on: September 01, 2006, 08:26:16 AM »

Bella Lugosi's Dead live by Trent Reznor and Peter Murphy himself. Coolness smoking'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPPxxYr9LJM

wtf is that shit.  i hope this is not what trents gonna be turning NIN into.

html sucks
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #448 on: September 01, 2006, 04:37:47 PM »

Pretty difficult to me too, and it changes everyday for me, but I want to add my top 5 too. Here it is:

1. Please
2. Non Entity
3. And All That Could Have Been
4. Heresy
5. Getting Smaller

It was hard to let these out: "Home", "Burn" and "The Becoming"
And a special mention to my favorite instrumental.. "Just Like You Imagined"

//JK
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #449 on: September 01, 2006, 07:41:32 PM »

Bauhaus(band who wrote  " that shit") was one of the bands  young TR drew inspiration from  when creating PHM Demos.
Bella Lugosi's Dead (the song you refer to "that shit")is basically first ever song to be called goth rock.
It is  a song that defined an entire music genre.
So that the fuck is that shit.

Every single "industrial" band of early 90's has atleast portion of it's roots at what Bauhaus did.One can only assume that singing "that shit" together with Peter Murphy of Bauhaus is almost like a religious experience to Reznor Wink

Soo basically,  saying "I hope this is not what trents gonna be turning NIN into."is paradoxal. It's like a developer of a B-2 Stealth Bomber saying "gee, i sure hope my plane ain't gonna do  that retarted 'flying' - thing."
Well that was an overstatement. But it does hit the ballbark:p
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 07:48:32 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #450 on: September 01, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »

Bauhaus(band who wrote  " that shit") was one of the bands  young TR drew inspiration from  when creating PHM Demos.
Bella Lugosi's Dead (the song you refer to "that shit")is basically first ever song to be called goth rock.

Every single "industrial" band of early 90's has atleast portion of it's roots at what Bauhaus did.One can only assume that singing "that shit" together with Peter Murphy of Bauhaus is almost like a religious experience to Reznor Wink

Soo basically,  saying "I hope this is not what trents gonna be turning NIN into."is paradoxal. It's like a developer of a B-2 Stealth Bomber saying "gee, i sure hope my plane ain't gonna do  that retarted 'flying' - thing."

yes but we are not in (whatever year that song was wrote) we are in now. and now is some extremely awesome albums created by trent reznor. i want him to build on that, not try to do old goth songs, goth is apart of industrial culture now, but industrial isnt actual goth (well NIN anyway lol)

html sucks
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #451 on: September 01, 2006, 08:05:03 PM »

yes but we are not in (whatever year that song was wrote) we are in now. and now is some extremely awesome albums created by trent reznor. i want him to build on that, not try to do old goth songs, goth is apart of industrial culture now, but industrial isnt actual goth (well NIN anyway lol)
Sorry, but I have no idea what you just said. "Only new music is relevant"?Shocked
Also,
"Building on that" is something TR has never done. He's more of a "tearing it  all down and  building something new on the ruins" type of a guy.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:13:26 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #452 on: September 01, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »

Sorry, but I have no idea what you just said. "Only new music is relevant"?Shocked
Also,
"Building on that" is something TR has never done. He's more of a "tearing all down and  building something new on the ruins" type of a guy.

ive always felt each nin album has gotten better so hes built to me.

only new music is relevant, is not what im saying or else i wouldnt be on this forum.

im saying, if trents going to do that style of music for NIN then thats crap, i want now, and hes always done "now" to me.

html sucks
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #453 on: September 01, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »

im saying, if trents going to do that style of music for NIN then thats crap, i want now, and hes always done "now" to me.
That style of music as in:
Aimless sounding  ambinent slowly evolving into something with rythm, ballsy song structure that is  far away from verse/verse/chorus/verse/chorus?
Ehh-Personally, after With Teeth, I'd love hearing that style of music from NiN.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 08:19:51 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #454 on: September 01, 2006, 08:30:17 PM »

this is random but i cannot stress it enough:

if u love Nine Inch Nails then u must have STILL. it was a bonus cd that came with the special version of the And All That Could Have Been DVD, but it is being sold seperately now on nin.com.

it is amazing.....

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #455 on: September 01, 2006, 08:44:30 PM »

this is random but i cannot stress it enough:

if u love Nine Inch Nails then u must have STILL. it was a bonus cd that came with the special version of the And All That Could Have Been DVD, but it is being sold seperately now on nin.com.

it is amazing.....
I don't know the words to describe how OMFG!! The Day The World Went Away Still Version is. It rules beyond ruling

dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #456 on: September 01, 2006, 11:24:51 PM »

maybe even And All That Could Have Been... CD or DVD (which is fucking great)
Whatever, you wont be dissapointed.

yup, I started with And All That Could Have Been and I immediately fell in love with NIN peace their songs are so much richer live IMO, less artificial and Trent sings with so much emotion, Hurt live is heartbreaking

the dvd is awesome ok

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #457 on: September 02, 2006, 06:40:57 AM »

Aimless sounding  ambinent slowly evolving into something with rythm, ballsy song structure that is  far away from verse/verse/chorus/verse/chorus?
Ehh-Personally, after With Teeth, I'd love hearing that style of music from NiN.

personally i enjoyed with teeth very much, it has very good lyrics. especially only and sunspots.

however i do preffer the fragile era's sound, fragile is just great.

html sucks
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #458 on: September 02, 2006, 08:39:06 AM »

The Fragile is awesome, I liken it to NIN's very own UYI double set. A very cool journey of an album to listen to. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2006, 07:22:48 PM »

Aimless sounding? ambinent slowly evolving into something with rythm, ballsy song structure that is? far away from verse/verse/chorus/verse/chorus?

personally i enjoyed with teeth very much, it has very good lyrics. especially only and sunspots.

however i do preffer the fragile era's sound, fragile is just great.

"Getting Smaller" has cool lyrics too

//JK
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: