Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 07:24:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228556 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 432875 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2060 on: March 09, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »

NINE INCH NAILS, ANTHRAX, AIRBOURNE, KILLING JOKE Confirmed For U.K.'s SONISPHERE - Mar. 9, 2009

NINE INCH NAILS, ANTHRAX, AIRBOURNE and KILLING JOKE have been confirmed for the METALLICA-headlined inaugural Sonisphere festival, set to take place on August 1-2 at the legendary Knebworth Park, United Kingdom.

The festival billing is shaping up as follows (in alphabetical order):

AIRBOURNE
ALICE IN CHAINS
ANTHRAX
AVENGED SEVENFOLD
BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
KILLING JOKE
LAMB OF GOD
LINKIN PARK
MACHINE HEAD
MASTODON
METALLICA
NINE INCH NAILS
THE SWORD
THIN LIZZY

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=115739

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2061 on: March 09, 2009, 01:05:58 PM »

Airbourne will blow the majority of acts off the stage.  There live performance is unrivaled currently.

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2062 on: March 09, 2009, 10:06:46 PM »

A few more festivals for NIN:

http://www.novarock.at/

http://www.tinthepark.com/content/

http://www.dr.dk/Musik/Artikler/2009/03/09082339.htm

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2063 on: March 10, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »

ninofficial
March 10, 2009

NIN: Echoplex live at rehearsals, July 2008 [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hfxwd3zpYo

NIN: 1,000,000 live at rehearsals, July 2008 [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsnvNwlGg1o

NIN: Discipline live at rehearsals, July 2008 [HD]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lqsx2Jn4hE

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2064 on: March 11, 2009, 10:10:02 AM »

damn it. i cant get Broken EP and Downward Spiral to sound good on my speakers at home. No idea why, it seems to wanna push the more distorted sounds so i cant hear the guitars so good.

On my head phones the sound is balanced great n i can hear it all.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2065 on: March 11, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

oh and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VUGBttj1Aw&feature=related

extremely retro nin live footage.

html sucks
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #2066 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »

Very non-retro nin-live footage during which Nin and Dillinger escape plan killrape you faceless surely. Great stuff!!! Comes with a fun intro as a bonus:P

http://vimeo.com/3521751

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2067 on: March 11, 2009, 08:28:01 PM »

Very non-retro nin-live footage during which Nin and Dillinger escape plan killrape you faceless surely. Great stuff!!! Comes with a fun intro as a bonus:P

http://vimeo.com/3521751

I've always dug NIN/Reznor but with his Coldplay jabs he may have gone onto unparalleled
levels of cool. Cool

Performance isn't bad either. yes

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #2068 on: March 11, 2009, 11:24:14 PM »

Trent Reznor is (one of) the reason(s) I am going to Business school. Apart from that he isn't a bad musician either. NIN must be one of the best companies to work for these days.....Yet some are quitting. Others are being questioned why wouldn't they quit. People like to create confusion.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2069 on: March 12, 2009, 07:39:12 AM »

awesome footage lefttodecay.

Makes me even more sad i let my ticket to see them live go a few years back.

Ill have to try n catch them next time they come around the UK if they do

html sucks
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2070 on: March 12, 2009, 09:02:23 AM »

Ill have to try n catch them next time they come around the UK if they do
Well they are playing that new festival in knebworth in August.

http://www.sonispherefestivals.com/uk/lineup
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2071 on: March 12, 2009, 04:17:52 PM »

Trent Reznor Uses Twitter to Slam Chris Cornell?s ?Scream?

3/12/09, 3:12 pm EST

There?s nothing Rock Daily loves more than a good ol? Twitter feud, especially when it features two rock icons. Trent Reznor took to his relatively new Twitter account yesterday to slam one of his peers, former Audioslave singer Chris Cornell. ?You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell?s record? Jesus,? the suddenly loquacious Reznor wrote for all 40,000+ of his followers to see.

Cornell, who has his own Twitter account, has not yet responded to Reznor?s diss. Just one hour before Trent?s message, however, Cornell tweeted, ?I pushed for another day for $2.99 per album download on Amazon so check it!? Reznor?s feelings about Scream are a bit harsher than Rolling Stone?s two-star review of the album, which reads, ?Scream feels like it belongs in a time capsule, a strange mutation that could only have been born this decade.?

Perhaps what Cornell really needs is someone to take him on as a reclamation project? someone like Reznor, who recently revealed he?d be producing the new album by the reunited Jane?s Addiction. Perry Farrell seemingly hit a low point with his maligned Satellite Party, and there was Reznor to save him from the fall. Now, Nine Inch Nails and Jane?s Addiction will embark on a joint tour, and Farrell and the rest of the original Jane?s are headlining Sasquatch! and Lollapalooza. Also on Reznor?s Twitter, the NIN mastermind told fans to keep on eye on the NIN/JA.com Website, which goes live on March 20th. ?Who knows what might be there,? hints Reznor.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/12/trent-reznor-uses-twitter-to-slam-chris-cornells-scream/

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2072 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »

Trent Reznor Uses Twitter to Slam Chris Cornell?s ?Scream?

3/12/09, 3:12 pm EST

There?s nothing Rock Daily loves more than a good ol? Twitter feud, especially when it features two rock icons. Trent Reznor took to his relatively new Twitter account yesterday to slam one of his peers, former Audioslave singer Chris Cornell. ?You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell?s record? Jesus,? the suddenly loquacious Reznor wrote for all 40,000+ of his followers to see.

Cornell, who has his own Twitter account, has not yet responded to Reznor?s diss. Just one hour before Trent?s message, however, Cornell tweeted, ?I pushed for another day for $2.99 per album download on Amazon so check it!? Reznor?s feelings about Scream are a bit harsher than Rolling Stone?s two-star review of the album, which reads, ?Scream feels like it belongs in a time capsule, a strange mutation that could only have been born this decade.?

Perhaps what Cornell really needs is someone to take him on as a reclamation project? someone like Reznor, who recently revealed he?d be producing the new album by the reunited Jane?s Addiction. Perry Farrell seemingly hit a low point with his maligned Satellite Party, and there was Reznor to save him from the fall. Now, Nine Inch Nails and Jane?s Addiction will embark on a joint tour, and Farrell and the rest of the original Jane?s are headlining Sasquatch! and Lollapalooza. Also on Reznor?s Twitter, the NIN mastermind told fans to keep on eye on the NIN/JA.com Website, which goes live on March 20th. ?Who knows what might be there,? hints Reznor.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/12/trent-reznor-uses-twitter-to-slam-chris-cornells-scream/

I listened to the album too.  Trent is right it's pretty bad.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2073 on: March 12, 2009, 05:44:05 PM »

I listened to the album too.  Trent is right it's pretty bad.

It's almost unlistenable..

Gotta love Reznor these days..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2074 on: March 13, 2009, 04:46:51 PM »

Chris Cornell Quotes Scripture, Responds to Trent Reznor?s Twitter Slam

3/13/09, 2:56 pm EST

Following Trent Reznor?s Twittering that Chris Cornell?s new album Scream was like ?that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable,? Cornell took to his own Twitter to respond to Reznor?s diss. ?What do you think Jesus would twitter,? Cornell asks. ? ?Let he who is without sin cast the first stone? or ?Has anyone seen Judas? He was here a minute ago.? ?

So in summary, Cornell maybe called Reznor a stone caster and ?Judas,? perhaps for slamming a fellow member of the ?90s alternative rock fraternity. Or maybe he wasn?t talking to Reznor at all. Cornell?s Twitter is filled with a bunch of new age mumbo jumbo, like his tweet this morning that read ?Sometimes in the morning I look out across the day, and I see the fist fight between the wind pushing me back and the sun calling my name? and, from February 5th, ?I just ate shrimp.? If he really wanted to hit Reznor where it hurt, he could?ve Twittered ?The Fragile should?ve been only one disc!? or ?I downloaded Ghosts I-IV for free off Bit Torrent!? Instead Cornell took some confusing biblical high road.

Incidentally, Reznor wasn?t alone in his hating on Scream. Former NIN keyboardist Alessandro Cortini tweeted about Cornell?s newest album around the same time as Reznor. ?Chris Cornell + Timbaland = depression,? was Cortini?s first post, followed by ?Once again, please somebody erase this nightmare that is Chris Cornell?s new album? and ?I don?t know why I am listening to it. I am so bummed right now! Where?s Soundgarden?? Speaking to Rolling Stone about the Timbaland-produced Scream, Cornell said, ?Maybe I?m an optimist or just an idiot but I really think the fans will come around to the concept.? We?ll have much more with Cornell in our next issue, out next week, so keep an eye out.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/03/13/chris-cornell-quotes-scripture-responds-to-trent-reznors-twitter-slam/

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2075 on: March 14, 2009, 03:52:41 AM »

Ever since that first single came out, I've been telling everyone how bad it is.

Chris Cornell used to be so cool.

Kim Thayil needs to bitchslap him.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2076 on: March 14, 2009, 03:41:30 PM »

Ever since that first single came out, I've been telling everyone how bad it is.

Chris Cornell used to be so cool.

Kim Thayil needs to bitchslap him.

Did he actually think to himself while recording this album that he was going to get this kind of backlash ? I mean this is a pretty risky career move.  Its not paying off at all, might as well reform Soundgarden after this.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #2077 on: March 14, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »

the owst part is he compared the work of timbaland.. saying it was like bohemian rhapsody or dark side of the moon..
is the guy deaf??

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2078 on: March 14, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »

Not a fan of chris cornels previous works, but judging from the singles and trent's remark, the new direction isn't half bad. guess I must get the album.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #2079 on: March 15, 2009, 06:07:12 PM »

TR on nin.com

As we approach on-sale dates for the upcoming tour, I've noticed lots of you are curious / concerned / outraged at the plethora of tickets that somehow appear on all these reseller sites at inflated prices - even before the pre-sale dates. I'll do my best to explain the situation as I see it, as well as clarify my organization's stance in the matter.

NIN decides to tour this summer. We arrive at the conclusion outdoor amphitheaters are the right venue for this outing, for a variety of reasons we've throughly considered*. In the past, NIN would sell the shows in each market to local promoters, who then "buy" the show from us to sell to you. Live Nation happens to own all the amphitheaters and bought most of the local promoters - so if you want to play those venues, you're being promoted by Live Nation. Live Nation has had an exclusive deal with TicketMaster that has just expired, so Live Nation launched their own ticketing service. Most of the dates on this tour are through Live Nation, some are through TicketMaster - this is determined by the promoter (Live Nation), not us.
Now we get into the issue of secondary markets for tickets, which is the hot issue here. The ticketing marketplace for rock concerts shows a real lack of sophistication, meaning this: the true market value of some tickets for some concerts is much higher than what the act wants to be perceived as charging. For example, there are some people who would be willing to pay $1,000 and up to be in the best seats for various shows, but MOST acts in the rock / pop world don't want to come off as greedy pricks asking that much, even though the market says its value is that high. The acts know this, the venue knows this, the promoters know this, the ticketing company knows this and the scalpers really know this. So...

The venue, the promoter, the ticketing agency and often the artist camp (artist, management and agent) take tickets from the pool of available seats and feed them directly to the re-seller (which from this point on will be referred to by their true name: SCALPER). I am not saying every one of the above entities all do this, nor am I saying they do it for all shows but this is a very common practice that happens more often than not. There is money to be made and they feel they should participate in it. There are a number of scams they employ to pull this off which is beyond the scope of this note.

StubHub.com is an example of a re-seller / scalper. So is TicketsNow.com.

Here's the rub: TicketMaster has essentially been a monopoly for many years - certainly up until Live Nation's exclusive deal ran out. They could have (and can right now) stop the secondary market dead in its tracks by doing the following: limit the amount of sales per customer, print names on the tickets and require ID / ticket matches at the venue. We know this works because we do it for our pre-sales. Why don't THEY do it? It's obvious - they make a lot of money fueling the secondary market. TicketMaster even bought a re-seller site and often bounces you over to that site to buy tickets (TicketsNow.com)!

NIN gets 10% of the available seats for our own pre-sale. We won a tough (and I mean TOUGH) battle to get the best seats. We require you to sign up at our site (for free) to get tickets. We limit the amount you can buy, we print your name on the tickets and we have our own person let you in a separate entrance where we check your ID to match the ticket. We charge you a surcharge that has been less than TicketMaster's or Live Nation's in all cases so far to pay for the costs of doing this - it's not a profit center for us. We have essentially stopped scalping by doing these things - because we want true fans to be able to get great seats and not get ripped off by these parasites.

I assure you nobody in the NIN camp supplies or supports the practice of supplying tickets to these re-sellers because it's not something we morally feel is the right thing to do. We are leaving money on the table here but it's not always about money.
Being completely honest, it IS something I've had to consider. If people are willing to pay a lot of money to sit up front AND ARE GOING TO ANYWAY thanks to the rigged system, why let that money go into the hands of the scalpers? I'm the one busting my ass up there every night. The conclusion really came down to it not feeling like the right thing to do - simple as that.

My guess as to what will eventually happen if / when Live Nation and TicketMaster merges is that they'll move to an auction or market-based pricing scheme - which will simply mean it will cost a lot more to get a good seat for a hot show. They will simply BECOME the scalper, eliminating them from the mix.

Nothing's going to change until the ticketing entity gets serious about stopping the problem - which of course they don't see as a problem. The ultimate way to hurt scalpers is to not support them. Leave them holding the merchandise. If this subject interests you, check out the following links. Don't buy from scalpers, and be suspect of artists singing the praises of the Live Nation / TicketMaster merger. What's in it for them?

* I fully realize by playing those venues we are getting into bed with all these guys. I've learned to choose my fights and at this point in time it would be logistically too difficult to attempt to circumvent the venues / promoter / ticketing infrastructure already in place for this type of tour. For those of you about to snipe "it's your fault for playing there, etc... " - I know it is.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: