Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 04:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 432579 times)
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #2000 on: February 11, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »

There's rumors going around that Trent could be producing a Jane's Addiction album.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2001 on: February 11, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »

There's rumors going around that Trent could be producing a Jane's Addiction album.

Jane's is definitely up to something, not sure with Trent but...

From www.6767.com

The Jane's Addiction Site is slowly becoming more active. I strongly advise you to join the mailing list for any updates regarding Jane's Addiction.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
overmatik
« Reply #2002 on: February 11, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »

That's neat. Dave and Trent in the studio. Trent is becoming a Studio freak, not that he wasn't before... Grin
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2003 on: February 13, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »

not a big Navvaro fan, hopefully it's just a guest appearance.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #2004 on: February 15, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »

trent is mixing the new Jane's Addiction record.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2005 on: February 16, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »

tonite their playing in Austrailia/new zealand !

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2006 on: February 16, 2009, 06:38:23 PM »

REZNOR Confirms JANE'S ADDICTION Tour Rumors, Says It's Time To Make NIN Disappear For A While - Feb. 16, 2009

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor has posted the following message on the band's official web site:

"Towards the beginning of my career in NINE INCH NAILS, our biggest break came in the form of an invitation to perform a series of shows with JANE'S ADDICTION. These performances essentially created and defined the term 'alternative' rock in the U.S., created an ongoing festival franchise that is still thriving (Lollapalooza), set the stage for NIRVANA to shift popular taste a few months later, and were really fucking FUN to play and attend ? truly the best times I've had. The shows were epic. So epic, they propelled NIN to the 'next level' (whatever that means), but caused JANE'S to implode. The band broke up at the end of that tour.

"Fast forward to the present. Corporate rock STILL sucks. A friend tells me they saw the original JANE'S lineup play a tiny show in L.A. that was unbelievable. I break out my JANE'S records and am amazed by how vital they sound. These guys were the real deal and in this current climate mostly dominated by poseurs and pussies, it was refreshing to hear something that sounded dangerous, volatile, beautiful and SINCERE.

"E-mails were sent, phone calls were made, dinner was arranged, ideas were discussed and the next thing I know we're in the studio experimenting. We laugh, we get to know each other, we cry, we yell, we almost quit, we record LOTS of guitar solos, we discuss, we actually begin to all communicate, we yell some more, we become FRIENDS, we laugh again and we do some great things. I get to see first-hand why they broke up all those years ago but I also get the chance to see four distinct personalities that become an INCREDIBLE band when they're in the same room.

"In NIN world, 2009 marks the 20th anniversary of our first releases. I've been thinking for some time now it's time to make NIN disappear for a while. Last year's 'Lights in the Sky' tour was something I'm quite proud of and seems like the culmination of what I could pull off in terms of an elaborate production. It was also quite difficult to pull off technically and physically night after night and left us all a bit dazed. After some thought, we decided to book a last run of shows across the globe this year. The approach to these shows is quite different from last year ? much more raw, spontaneous and less scripted. Fun for us and a different way for you to see us and wave goodbye. I reached out to JANE'S to see if they'd want to join us across the U.S. and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Is there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope. Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does.

"Look for tour dates soon and I hope to see you out there."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114497

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2007 on: February 16, 2009, 08:48:01 PM »

So they're gonna tour together this year and then NIN is disbanding for awhile.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #2008 on: February 16, 2009, 10:58:13 PM »

Now I gotta save up to see Pearl Jam and NIN. Shit.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #2009 on: February 16, 2009, 11:20:48 PM »

Sounds awesome!

I need to give Janes Addiction a chance. I never really tried to get into them.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2010 on: February 17, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »

Sounds awesome!

I need to give Janes Addiction a chance. I never really tried to get into them.

I'll consider seeing this tour if they stay out of arenas, go the theatre route and keep it
as stripped down as possible.

Was never a huge Janes fan (well, Farrell to be precise) but understand their influence.
Seeing Navarro play is worth the price of admission for me - easily my favorite guitar player to emerge from the LA underground scene of that era..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2011 on: February 17, 2009, 11:04:19 PM »

An interview with Trent Reznor...

Nine Inch Nails

Craig Mathieson

February 13, 2009

TRENT REZNOR is listening to Britney Spears. His many fans need not worry, however: it's not a voluntary decision. The industrial music icon is ensconced in a Los Angeles rehearsal facility, engaged in pre-production for the next stage of Nine Inch Nails' world tour, while in the room next door Spears and her dancers are undertaking their own preparation.

"I can hear the thumping low end of Britney Spears," notes Reznor, who has such a dry sense of humour you're not entirely sure when it's safe to laugh. "It's been a treat having them here the whole time we've been here."

Nine Inch Nails - essentially Reznor alone in the studio with a dedicated backing band live - pre-date the pop icon and they'll outlast her as well. Since the group's 1989 debut, Pretty Hate Machine, they've been the catalyst for the movement of industrial music and hardened synth pop into the top 40, using debased drum-machine rhythms and shrieking keyboards to turn out unexpected hits.

Nine Inch Nails have released eight studio albums, as well as various remix discs, which combined have sold more than 20 million copies. Reznor was one of the iconic figureheads of alternative rock in the 1990s but unlike many of his contemporaries, he has remained creatively vital and defiantly popular. On February 22, Nine Inch Nails headline the Soundwave festival at Eastern Creek Raceway, the same outdoor venue they appeared at 14 years ago as part of the ill-fated Alternative Nation festival (they also play the Hordern Pavilion on February 24).

Time has not wearied him. Indeed, since an absence between 2001 and 2005 while Reznor dealt with substance abuse and rediscovered the confidence to make music while straight, Nine Inch Nails have grown increasingly productive. These days the 43-year-old is happy to be defined by his workload.

"I wake up at 6.30 in the morning and go to bed at one in the morning and every second of every day is planned out," he says. "I'm trying to do the best thing I can do and I hope you like it but if you don't, that's OK. I'm not trying to convince you to like it."

As well as producing an album for an undisclosed act, Reznor has been reshaping Nine Inch Nails. Drummer Josh Freese departed the fold recently because of family commitments, with Ilan Rubin (Lostprophets) replacing him, while keyboardist Alessandro Cortini ("one of the world's most miserable people", Reznor suggests without warning) has also dropped out. Reznor will now double as frontman and keyboardist, a decision based on shaking up the band's live output.

"On last year's tour we made a really complex, technically advanced production that was fun to work on and fun to play but by the end of it, it became musically stale," he says. "It was like a play: pretty much the same every time. After a while I found that it became difficult to stay present throughout the show as I knew it inside and out. I could sleepwalk through the set."

A large part of Reznor's recent motivation has been his split from the music business and his belief that in the digital age, music is a creative asset, not a commodity. Last year, free of an increasingly fractious record deal, Nine Inch Nails initially released two albums - a collection of mood fragments entitled Ghosts I-IV and then a strong new studio set dubbed The Slip - through the band's expansive website (physical releases in a variety of formats followed). The Slip remains free to download to anyone who visits nin.com.

"A few years ago I had a bitter pill to swallow: you're not going to make money selling records any more," Reznor says. "That's coming from a history of making a living doing that. Once you realise - through the fault of record company greed and bad technology decisions in the past - that people think music is free, you just have to get over it. "No one can change that. There are whole generations now who believe music should be free. You have to move forward."

Since then, Reznor has grown evangelical about the possibilities afforded by the internet. Multi-track files that make available all the studio parts used to compile the band's music are made available for download, with fans encouraged to make their own mixes. Recently, live footage shot at three 2008 shows was also released, allowing entire concerts to be cut together by devotees.

"I get to the point where I feel I'm finished with it," Reznor says. "I'll play it live, live with it, maybe reinterpret it at some point, but in this context I want people to have it. I'm not afraid of what you could find in there and I don't care if you put the sounds in your own music. I'm done with it. There's no secret to be lost."

Artistic freedom, Reznor believes, is power. "Has the world ended because I gave away my master recordings online? No," he says. "More people heard it, more people interacted with it. Mission accomplished."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/music/gig-reviews/nine-inch-nails/2009/02/12/1234028200607.html

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #2012 on: February 18, 2009, 02:15:41 PM »

After next tour, things just might be over and done for Nin.
Trent posted a long essay under the title" A note from Trent and a wave goodbye" in Nin.com.

Very saddening if he retires as a recording artist. Which doesn't feel as unlikely as I'd like it to.
He began talking about focusing solely on producing as early as 1996, so. I selfishly hope he doesn't have much fun producing Jane's addiction!

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2013 on: February 18, 2009, 02:24:48 PM »

I think more of it as a long vacation then retiring.  Who know's he might get that itch to play again after a couple years.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #2014 on: February 18, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

I really dig how Reznor provides for a variety of formats available.  Even though he has embraced the new digital world, he respects sound quality as well by providing  lossless downloads and vinyl releases.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2015 on: February 18, 2009, 06:30:38 PM »

NIN is playing the Sasqautch Music Festival May 25 Sunday at the Gorge in Quincy WA !!!! since im from the beautiful Pacific Northwest i'll be attending.  Tix go on sale Sat Feb 28.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #2016 on: February 21, 2009, 12:46:43 AM »

Rumored spring/summer NIN Tour   http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17452&page=140  (not comfirmed yet )

May 24th - Sasquatch Festival, George Wa
May 25th - Amphitheater @ Clark County, Ridgefield Wa
May 28th - Cricket Wireless Pavillion, Phoenix Az
May 29th - Journal Pavillion, Albuquerque Nm
May 31st - Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison Co
June 2nd - Superpages.com Center, Dallas Tx
June 3rd - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavillion, Houston Tx
June 5th - Lakewood Amphitheatre, Atlanta Ga
June 7th - Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach Fl
June 8th - Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa Fl
June 10th - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte Nc
June 11th - Nissan Pavillion at Stone Ridge, Bristow Va
June 13th - Bonnaroo Festival, Manchester Tn (NIN only)
June 15th - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, St Louis Mo
June 17th - Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy Wi
June 18th - Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville In
June 20th - DTE Energy Music Theatre, Detroit Mi
June 21st - Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls Oh
June 23rd - Molson Amphitheater, Toronto On
June 24th - Comcast Center, Mansfield Ma
June 26th - Nikon at Jones Beach, Wantaugh Ny
June 27th - Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden Nj
July 1st - Shoreline Amphitheatre, Mountian View Ca
July 3rd- Cricket Wireless Amphitheatre, Chula Vista Ca
July 4th - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine Ca

if true im having a hard time picking between Sasquatch fest or Clark County Amplitheater.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #2017 on: February 21, 2009, 12:48:50 AM »

fuck i hate the verizon amphitheatre
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #2018 on: February 22, 2009, 01:37:26 AM »

fuck i hate the verizon amphitheatre

Then don't go, you fucking NIN hater.  Stop crying about the time Aaron North hurt you.

Just stay at home and blow some shit up like you always do.
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #2019 on: February 23, 2009, 11:50:24 AM »

After next tour, things just might be over and done for Nin.
Trent posted a long essay under the title" A note from Trent and a wave goodbye" in Nin.com.

Very saddening if he retires as a recording artist. Which doesn't feel as unlikely as I'd like it to.
He began talking about focusing solely on producing as early as 1996, so. I selfishly hope he doesn't have much fun producing Jane's addiction!

Yes, especially since ( imo at least ) The Slip was rather weak. Trent has come with so much better music than The Slip that I would feel weird if he decided to stop NIN after that particular album.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: