Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 10:21:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 432130 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #1880 on: December 03, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »

www.NIN.com has been updated.

Trent talks about the chance to make a 3D/Bluray/DVD and then something about the current and upcoming tour/plans.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1881 on: December 03, 2008, 09:11:40 PM »

http://www.nin.com/

Read ! no more NIN ? Robin back in GnR ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1882 on: December 03, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »

not sure what this means but....

from nin.com

"File this one under lost opportunities.

I'm very proud of the show we've put together for this tour and have been working hard the last few months to find a way to capture it. I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron's team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc. We had an extra date added to the tour that we were going to give away all the tickets for and have a filming party / thank you show.

I made two critical mistakes. One was to approach a certain record company that owns some of the song rights about producing / funding. The second was to allow said company to fuck around as usual for months before saying um... no. We then achieved the impossible by finding alternate production / funding but the timetable is too rushed to get it filmed comfortably with the remaining time left on the tour. This tour and a lot of the personnel involved finish at the end of this leg, so we can't push filming into Jan / Feb.

Deep breath...
This was an amazing tour and production - certainly the best thing I've ever been involved with and likely the final tour for NIN on this scale. Thank you to those who came out to see it and forgive me for having a Kanye West moment, but this was FOR SURE the best show of the year and any bullshit end-of-the-year poll you may read in the next few weeks that says otherwise simply has it wrong. Those of you who saw it know I'm right.

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future."
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1883 on: December 03, 2008, 09:19:07 PM »

it's not the ned of NIN. Just the last really HUGE tour that he'll do.

Future tours will be on a smaller scale, and their will be some different folks playing the music next time around.

i dont think it really means anything at the moment!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1884 on: December 03, 2008, 09:25:59 PM »

it's not the ned of NIN. Just the last really HUGE tour that he'll do.

Future tours will be on a smaller scale, and their will be some different folks playing the music next time around.

i dont think it really means anything at the moment!

yeah but doesn't that open the door for Robin to return to Guns N' Roses ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Drope
Opening Act

Hincha de Boca

« Reply #1885 on: December 03, 2008, 09:33:36 PM »

Did anyone read this update in the official NIN web?

Quote from: NIN.com
File this one under lost opportunities.

I'm very proud of the show we've put together for this tour and have been working hard the last few months to find a way to capture it. I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron's team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc. We had an extra date added to the tour that we were going to give away all the tickets for and have a filming party / thank you show.

I made two critical mistakes. One was to approach a certain record company that owns some of the song rights about producing / funding. The second was to allow said company to fuck around as usual for months before saying um... no. We then achieved the impossible by finding alternate production / funding but the timetable is too rushed to get it filmed comfortably with the remaining time left on the tour. This tour and a lot of the personnel involved finish at the end of this leg, so we can't push filming into Jan / Feb.

Deep breath...
This was an amazing tour and production - certainly the best thing I've ever been involved with and likely the final tour for NIN on this scale. Thank you to those who came out to see it and forgive me for having a Kanye West moment, but this was FOR SURE the best show of the year and any bullshit end-of-the-year poll you may read in the next few weeks that says otherwise simply has it wrong. Those of you who saw it know I'm right.

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

Hope this means Robin leaves NIN and joins GN'R.

Las penas son de nosotros, las vaquitas son ajenas.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1886 on: December 03, 2008, 09:43:41 PM »

Deep breath...

The shows we have announced in 2009 and any more that may be announced will be a completely different approach with some different personnel and will likely be the last for the foreseeable future.

The timing is right !!!! LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN !!!  hihi

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1887 on: December 04, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »

Maybe Robin will find a replacement for Trent and continue touring with  his side project band Nine Inch Nails?Huh??!:O:O=!

Trent's style of coming clean and explaining what exactly  happened when things went to hell is admirable as always.
Very bummed to hear about the DVD not happening, I missed out Ligts in the Sky and would have loved to witness it via DVD atleast.
Perhaps it wouldn't be terribly  surprising if TR caked up some juicy torrent or two again  to make up for it though.

Interesting to see what happens next. The "woohoo I'm free to release stuff how, when and where I want it, so lets go exploring!" phase of Nin is clearly coming to an end. And a looooong break is ahead of us:l
I hope this wasn't a prelude to some  "nin retires" announcement.
I'm guessing best case scenario is something like  3 years of absolutely nothing and then divine, focused studio album:P

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:25:51 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #1888 on: December 04, 2008, 10:36:59 AM »

Deep breath...

The timing is right !!!! LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN !!!  hihi

OH THE GLORY OF FORUMS!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1889 on: December 04, 2008, 10:45:02 AM »

Super official rumor squishing in-plain-english type of an announcement from theninhotline, an entity so close to Trent it could stick it's fist  in TR's poophole if it wished.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dispelling Rumours Like Its My Job
Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites
, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon.

This has been a daily service announcement from your friendly neighbourhood Swindley. [/b]
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
http://www.theninhotline.net/news/archives/backissue.php?y=08&m=11

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:51:21 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1890 on: December 04, 2008, 10:56:13 AM »

And verification from Trent himself...

http://forum.nin.com/bb/read.php?9,278719,280701#msg-280701

trent_reznor

"... was it something I said? Wow.

For the record - Robin is not leaving the band"

« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:58:13 AM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1891 on: December 04, 2008, 11:09:47 AM »

the band? GNR is a band, NIN is trent, trent is saying robin aint leaving GNR hihi
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1892 on: December 04, 2008, 11:54:24 AM »

the band? GNR is a band, NIN is trent, trent is saying robin aint leaving GNR hihi

I'd consider both "brand names" of whatever the owners of the brand names decide to present under either corporate umbrella.

It looks as though Finck will stay dry underneath the NIN umbrella..for now at least...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1893 on: December 04, 2008, 12:50:58 PM »

good call.  hihi

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1894 on: December 04, 2008, 12:59:47 PM »

I'd consider both "brand names" of whatever the owners of the brand names decide to present under either corporate umbrella.

It looks as though Finck will stay dry underneath the NIN umbrella..for now at least...

yea but if its the last tour in 2009, that umbrella isn't going to be there for very long
GeraldFord
« Reply #1895 on: December 04, 2008, 04:37:41 PM »

NIN's last album The Slip was much more of a band effort than past albums, and live NIN has always been a band.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #1896 on: December 04, 2008, 08:34:27 PM »

NIN's last album The Slip was much more of a band effort than past albums, and live NIN has always been a band.

True, but when the 09 tour is over what are the touring member's gonna do ?  If Trent's the one that write's and records all the music, what are the rest of them gonna do ?  Robin's not gonna wanna sit around and do nothing ! right ? that's why he's on tour with NIN ?  Let's take the wait and see approach when GnR announce their tour.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
makane
Legend

« Reply #1897 on: December 04, 2008, 09:06:46 PM »

Ahahah, oh my god you're clever.

Do I smell bitterness here?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1898 on: December 04, 2008, 10:12:55 PM »

[ Robin's not gonna wanna sit around and do nothing ! right ?

Yeah, Robin needs a blossoming hive of  hyper-activity like GNR circa 1997-2008 to be able to channel his artistic aspirations.

Everyone who joins live incarnation of Nin knows they shouldn't expect it to be a full time job or a pernament arrangement. I'm sure Robin has taken this into account from day 1. So in that sense, announcements like this surely don't affect his plans in any way.(assuming he has any plans to begin with)

Finck has always been first to go  out of the door when a Nin tour is over. Maybe that is one of the reasons he and TR get along so well(on professional level atleast) -  they both know what to expect and what they get. (=live guitarist, nothing mnore, nothing less)

Who knows what future brings though. TR works with little different mindset now than he did in past.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 10:37:42 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

overmatik
« Reply #1899 on: December 05, 2008, 07:22:24 AM »

Ahahah, oh my god you're clever.

Do I smell bitterness here?

The difference is very clear, NIN was always Trent, is there on Pretty Hate Machine booklet: NIN is Trent Reznor. Now about GNR, well... Not bitterness, just the plain truth...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 09:38:56 AM by overmatik » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: