Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 11:27:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 431090 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #1660 on: August 07, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »

I like this look better than the '06 look, but it doesn't really matter...

Seeing NIN in a few days and hope to see Mr. Finck with GN'R in '09.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1661 on: August 07, 2008, 05:36:49 PM »

M?TLEY CR?E, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, NINE INCH NAILS Rumored For Argentina's PEPSI MUSIC - Aug. 7, 2008

According to Argentina's Rolling Stone magazine, M?TLEY CR?E, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, NINE INCH NAILS and THE CULT are among the rumored bands for the Pepsi Music Festival, set to take place late September/early October in Buenos Aires.

Pepsi Music Festival is a major Argentine music festival, held annually since 2003. Since 2005 it is named after its main sponsor, Pepsi. Prior to that, it was named after its previous sponsor Quilmes, and it was known as Quilmes Rock. It was held in several places, including the Ferro Stadium and River Plate Stadium, and since 2005 is held at Obras Stadium, all of them in Buenos Aires. It's the largest and longest music festival in the country, with more than 200,000 people attending the 10-day event in 2006.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102392

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1662 on: August 08, 2008, 12:45:46 AM »

anyone see this?

As an experiment, Reznor gave away a pair of tickets for the tour's dress rehearsal by hiding an envelope under a rock in Burbank. Using a Google Earth link on his Website, Reznor indicated the tickets' location with a question mark. Fans quickly found the envelope. "Well, we couldn't leave that alone," Reznor says. "We hid another 30, in places from Watts Towers to behind a mirror in a strip-club restroom to a Home Depot." One envelope was hidden in a graveyard; the location was announced after it had closed for the day: "We wanted to see if anyone would break in, because I would've. And someone did." Reznor contemplated providing the location of Axl Rose's house and encouraging people to dig in his yard for tickets, "just to see how many people got arrested on his front lawn."

hihi

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/22212201/reznor_rolls_out_summer_nin_tour
makane
Legend

« Reply #1663 on: August 08, 2008, 10:32:02 AM »

anyone see this?

As an experiment, Reznor gave away a pair of tickets for the tour's dress rehearsal by hiding an envelope under a rock in Burbank. Using a Google Earth link on his Website, Reznor indicated the tickets' location with a question mark. Fans quickly found the envelope. "Well, we couldn't leave that alone," Reznor says. "We hid another 30, in places from Watts Towers to behind a mirror in a strip-club restroom to a Home Depot." One envelope was hidden in a graveyard; the location was announced after it had closed for the day: "We wanted to see if anyone would break in, because I would've. And someone did." Reznor contemplated providing the location of Axl Rose's house and encouraging people to dig in his yard for tickets, "just to see how many people got arrested on his front lawn."

hihi

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/22212201/reznor_rolls_out_summer_nin_tour

That could've been pretty funny.
Imagine someone digging his yard, then Axl comes along and asks "what the hell are you doing?" guy goes "im looking for nine inch nails tickets!"

Too bad they didn't actually do it  Cheesy

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1664 on: August 08, 2008, 01:11:15 PM »

NINE INCH NAILS: Worcester Show Postponed - Aug. 8, 2008

NINE INCH NAILS has issued the following statement:

"We regret to announce that due to illness, the Worcester show originally scheduled for Friday, August 8th at the DCU Center has been rescheduled for November 9th. The band is sincerely sorry for the last minute announcement, but unfortunately Trent's [Reznor] recurring throat ailment has left him unable to perform.

"All tickets purchased for the August 8th concert will be honored on the new date. For those unable to attend the rescheduled date of November 9th, a refund will be available at original point of purchase."

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor added: "Just want to personally say how sorry I am to have to do this. I never take postponing a show lightly and if there were any possible way I could pull this off I would. This is a very frustrating and maddening situation for me and I appreciate your understanding. I'll make it up to you."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102459

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1665 on: August 08, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »

sounds like trent needs to get hooked up with Baz's vocal trainer
GeraldFord
« Reply #1666 on: August 08, 2008, 09:11:05 PM »

NINE INCH NAILS: Worcester Show Postponed - Aug. 8, 2008

NINE INCH NAILS has issued the following statement:

"We regret to announce that due to illness, the Worcester show originally scheduled for Friday, August 8th at the DCU Center has been rescheduled for November 9th. The band is sincerely sorry for the last minute announcement, but unfortunately Trent's [Reznor] recurring throat ailment has left him unable to perform.

"All tickets purchased for the August 8th concert will be honored on the new date. For those unable to attend the rescheduled date of November 9th, a refund will be available at original point of purchase."

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor added: "Just want to personally say how sorry I am to have to do this. I never take postponing a show lightly and if there were any possible way I could pull this off I would. This is a very frustrating and maddening situation for me and I appreciate your understanding. I'll make it up to you."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102459

I was there, checked into the hotel even, oh well, shit happens.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1667 on: August 08, 2008, 10:42:52 PM »

Trent Reznor's 'Year Zero' may be an HBO series

Aug 8 2008

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails has been in talks in with HBO about making a two-season maxi-series out of "Year Zero," the dark future tale that Reznor has chronicled in his music as well as in a celebrated Alternate Reality Game (ARG) with the same title that was created by 42 Entertainment.

"It's the most exciting thing on the horizon, it's the thing that when I wake up in the morning it makes me say, 'God it would be cool if that happened," Reznor told me this week while sitting backstage before a Nails concert in Toronto. "This is my grand ambition. Will it happen? I don't know. It was fun sitting and telling [the HBO] guys and watching them shake their head and having writers on board and producers that are in to it. It's been a fun thing."

"Year Zero" began (as so many things do in the music of NIN) from a place of negative emotion and sonic experimentation. Reznor was increasingly outraged by the geopolitical situation during the Bush years and he wanted to channel that fury into music, but he was loath to drift into the limiting lexicon of protest lyrics.

"How could I express what I was feeling in a way that didn't sound like bitching about George Bush? I mean, you know, I love Neil Young but I didn't want to listen to that record, really," he said, referring to the singer-songwriter's "Living with War." "My reaction to that kind of record is, 'We know this. It's obvious.'"

"So it started with me trying to write it as a piece of fiction. I was thinking, 'It could be the worst idea ever in the world but, if it doesn't work, it doesn't have to come out.' I started by writing a kind of world bible about what life would be like around 15 or 20 years from now if things continue on the same path. I spent a few weeks filling it in with the events that could lead to this kind of time and place. Then as an experiment I started writing songs about people in this place and from different points of view."

The problem was the music was compelling and powerful, but it was more about sensation than story.

"I had a record that would make sense to me but no one else would ever know what it was because there was no narrative. It's modular, its a collection of snapshots. These were glimpses of a place. Maybe with liner notes I could communicate some of it, but how do you get liner notes in 2007?"

He considered a graphic novel. "That was the route we were going to go with initially. We talked to a different companies about releasing it. But it didn't feel quite right. We thought about a film, but that has a different timetable and too many people need to say yes. That wouldn't line up right. then I started thinking about how I could make it really interactive, something you experience rather than something you read."

Reznor remembered reading about 42 Entertainment and their deeply layered ARG for the Steven Spielberg film "A.I."  He met with them and the result was a truly amazing through-the-looking-glass creation on-line, shaped by the 42 team working closely with the rock star and his art director, Rob Sheridan. "It's ahrd to explain it," Reznor said, and he's right. But the best way to get your head around it is through the nifty (and entertaining) case-study presentation that you can find here.

Reznor was delighted with the result. "It was probably the most fun thing I've done." Now he wants to finish the story he started and do it across a range of media.

"I just pitched it to HBO two weeks ago in L.A. It went great. Ideally, we're trying to get them to do a two-year limited series. I prefer that over a film. We would have a second ARG tying into the second album and ties into the series and they all happen together with a budget needed to pull that all off. There would be a tour down the road. The record completes the story, the ending that no one knows. I know what happens. I knew when I started it. And it's not what people think. "

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/08/trent-reznor.html

Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1668 on: August 09, 2008, 12:12:18 AM »

Awesome! It's good news to know that the Year Zero concept is going to be continued through another album. I didn't look too much into the story of it, but it was great music.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1669 on: August 09, 2008, 12:56:08 AM »

Damn, I wonder if my show will be cancelled august 12th?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Javier Ochoa
Banned
Opening Act

Rockin' Slash!

« Reply #1670 on: August 09, 2008, 02:16:39 AM »

M?TLEY CR?E, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, NINE INCH NAILS Rumored For Argentina's PEPSI MUSIC - Aug. 7, 2008

According to Argentina's Rolling Stone magazine, M?TLEY CR?E, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, NINE INCH NAILS and THE CULT are among the rumored bands for the Pepsi Music Festival, set to take place late September/early October in Buenos Aires.

Pepsi Music Festival is a major Argentine music festival, held annually since 2003. Since 2005 it is named after its main sponsor, Pepsi. Prior to that, it was named after its previous sponsor Quilmes, and it was known as Quilmes Rock. It was held in several places, including the Ferro Stadium and River Plate Stadium, and since 2005 is held at Obras Stadium, all of them in Buenos Aires. It's the largest and longest music festival in the country, with more than 200,000 people attending the 10-day event in 2006.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102392
Quilmes Rock and Pepsi Music are two totally different festivals.

Personally I prefer Quilmes Rock Festival. It gave me the chance of seeing Velvet Revolver and Aerosmith the last year and Korn, Ozzy and Zakk Wylde a few months ago.

The Pepsi Music includes almost totally local bands which sucks.

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1671 on: August 09, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »

"The LA Times is reporting that Trent Reznor is currently in negotiation with HBO re the production of a two-season 'maxi-series' based on the Year Zero album, to possibly be released in conjunction with Year Zero part 2 and a new ARG!

"It's the most exciting thing on the horizon, it's the thing that when I wake up in the morning it makes me say, 'God it would be cool if that happened"

!!
full aritcle
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/08/trent-reznor.html

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1672 on: August 10, 2008, 08:28:27 PM »

I know I am the most critical of Robin than anyone

I watched the NIN vids they got of Echoplex etc on the website and the guy BELONGS in NIN.

I think he is awesome and at home with NIN. I enjoyed watching him and his style fits NIN perfectly.

With GNR, I just don't think his tone,style of playing fits the old style just because its such a different style. No knock on his playing, the style is just so different it doesnt work as well in my opinion.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1673 on: August 10, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »

I know I am the most critical of Robin than anyone

I watched the NIN vids they got of Echoplex etc on the website and the guy BELONGS in NIN.

I think he is awesome and at home with NIN. I enjoyed watching him and his style fits NIN perfectly.

With GNR, I just don't think his tone,style of playing fits the old style just because its such a different style. No knock on his playing, the style is just so different it doesnt work as well in my opinion.
He does fit in NIN, but he also fits in GnR.

If Axl wanted someone to fit "the old style", I don't think he would have used Robin.  Different does not mean wrong.   Its a change of direction and Robin was/is the perfect guitarist for that shift.
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1674 on: August 10, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »

Some things I noticed about Robin at the NIN show @Lolla. Of course I was in the middle of a war zone with security in front climbed on the rail to pull body after body out, and so my view was blocked a lot of the time and it was very hard to stay focused. So, some of the things may be inaccurate:

Robin's on stage performance is completely different than when in GN'R:
- his look is obviously different
- his clothing is different
- his moves are different
- his guitars are different
- his connecting with the fans is different
- only the backup vocals bring some resemblance
If you didn't know it was him you would never guess.
Robin was the only one (I think) who was wireless.
He didn't wear make-up.
His guitar tech who was at every GN'R show wasn't there.
He was the only one from the band who wasn't spotted watching other bands sets that day.
He played keys on Vessel and/or The Warning

I think he played something other than guitar on some of the Ghosts too but not sure what it was.
When Trent introduced the band, he said he has some of the best musicians in the business and started with Robin.

As for comparisons, I think he fits pretty well in either band:

I'd guess there were 40-50K watching the NIN set and a little less for Kanye on the opposite end. Radiohead and Rage didn't have such competition (Kanye is a Chicago local) and drew almost all 75K.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 08:51:23 PM by leatherebel » Logged

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1675 on: August 10, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »

He still looks badass, but I prefer his "Jesus" look. Anyone have more pics of Robin with NIN this year?
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1676 on: August 10, 2008, 09:20:55 PM »

He still looks badass, but I prefer his "Jesus" look. Anyone have more pics of Robin with NIN this year?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1677 on: August 10, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »

Yeah, If he wants something different, yeah u are right. I'm expressing why I am not a fan of the way he plays the old stuff. Just such a totally different style and I'm partial to the Bluesy Classic sound.

He has more of a Nu Metal, new school style of guitar playing.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1678 on: August 10, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »

His current look would be fine for GNR, although his jesus look has more of a Robin signature.  However i think he looks younger with the jesus look.  either way we dont need 157 pages of whether robin is in gnr or not

mrbucketfoot
« Reply #1679 on: August 10, 2008, 09:29:57 PM »

Thanks. There are also a bunch of Robin over at NIN's official flickr page.

The fan interaction and overall presentation for the band is incredible. I'm not the biggest fan but I really want to see them play now. I'm sure it'd be awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: