Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:14:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 407466 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #960 on: April 20, 2007, 12:20:04 AM »

They said the whole setlist included The Perfect Drug, I believe it's a joke, they knew they would play just the first songs and somebody would pick the list and would post on foruns. If it's true, can't wait to hear it.

You watch the video? Its so unbearably fucking awesome. That black resistance dude, talking that crazy real shit, everyone being taking to this secret werehous building, NIN fucking coming on right fucking there! Fucking killer. During the Wretched, the military busting in and chaos!!! Fuck, this is some of the coolest shit I have seen any band do. Year Zero and everything about it...this whole thing is so crazy cool. You hear bands throwing out the "Concept Album" all the damn time. But this, Year Zero, is the real fucking deal. One of the greatest concepts, that I have ever heard of for an album. Not the lame shit at all that you would normally see. A a long time NIN fan, I am so fucking blown away by all of this.

And really. I thank Trent from the bottom of my heart for giving me one of the best music distractions that has actually made the waiting for Chinese Democracy... bearable.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #961 on: April 20, 2007, 04:32:12 AM »

Bob Ezrin, the producer of Pink Floyd's wall, most of the Alice Cooper albums and whatnot  doesn't hate Trent Reznor either!
Following is a letter he originally send to Billboard.
 - - -

Trent Reznor is a true visionary. He has broken and reinvented the rules of engagement on every level, from recording to touring to interacting with his fans.
He's an intensely determined person?aware and on top of everything that happens in his name, from his music to his marketing. Trent controls all things Trent. Yes, he's had help along the way, but he's the captain of the Trent ship and his career is a product of his imagination and drive. He is not manufactured, homogenized, manipulated or packaged. He is Trent?and the rest of the folks get to react.

There's a clue in here to how to run one's life as an aspiring artist. I can't tell you how many times I've been in situations where aspiring artists (as you know, I hate the designation but will grant it to a few sublimely talented folks like Trent) have created something and have had a vision that has not resonated with their "handlers" from management to producers, to the record company to even sometimes their lawyer?and have succumbed to the pressure to conform to the taste and judgment of these people at the expense of their own intuition?and have failed either immedately or ultimately because, in the end, they simply weren't distinguished enough to connect to a large group of people in a lasting way. They may have produced a "hit song" but they typically did not create a career.

If Trent had done what everyone wanted him to, he would not have become a better selling act or bigger star as some of his advisors may have secretly thought. Instead, he would have disappeared long ago.

No one knows the heart or genius of true artists but the artists themselves. No one can predict them or imitate them or even steer them towards success. They are, by definition, single-minded people who cannot?and must not?see things the way the rest of us do. Once upon a time, we had a business built by passionate amateurs who revered the artists and who became their protectors, advocates and promoters. These folks didn't presume to tell their artists what to do. Oh, every once in a while, they might beg and plead for more or different to help them to do their job, but they never imposed their creative will on the people they most admired in all the world.

And so we had a landscape of determined individualists who made very individual music?lots of it. We all know who they were?and some still are. But now the biggest part of the business is run by cold-hearted professionals whose reverence is for the bottom line first and last?and who think nothing of imposing their ideas and will on the people they sign. And most of those signings are not because they are enthralled by genius or art but because they smell "a hit" or know that someone else does and that they'd better get in there first.

Now, when I say stuff like this, all the record company people get pissed off at me and say I'm an asshole and that they are there because of their love for music, etc. And I don't doubt that this is what propelled them at the start (though I suspect the notion of getting rich and hanging with rockstars may have had a bit to do with it too), but how many of the new leaders of our industry are able to resist the pressures of making their numbers in favor of supporting their artists? In fact, isn't their primary job to "increase shareholder value"? So, they really can't resist those pressures honestly and still be doing what they're being paid to do. The problem with this is that it takes more than a [business financial] quarter to build something of value and real art cannot be scheduled or projected?only commodities can. But if we're just a commodities business, then by definition we cannot build anything of real value?for the shareholders or the world.

So, what's the biggest lesson here? It is that, if we can all agree to do as Ahmet [Erteg?n, co-founder of Atlantic Records] recommended and surround ourselves with brilliant people and help those people to develop their craft, their own voice, and become artists making things of real value, we might see our way into the next golden age of popular music.

Thank God for Trent?and for all the others like him who will not compromise and will fight to realize their vision. In the end, they might save us all.

Bob

- - -

The full article can be found at
http://www.torontoist.com/archives/2007/04/thank_god_for_t.php
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 04:37:23 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #962 on: April 20, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »

That is really fucking cool. You know, after watching the video of the resistance, and the raid, it is clear that Trent is the top of the food chain here. He completely blows me away, with this whole Year Zero thing. He is a genius. The real deal. I am really not sure there is another out there that can actually measure up to him. Maybe when Chinese D ever gets released. But I am not even sure that would even level the playing field. But then again, Axl seems to have this strange fucking hold on me.

One day I think everyone will start to understand how deep this Year Zero thing goes. I am actually starting to think this is the craziest thing an artist has ever done, on a creative level. Its an interesting trick, making the music itself being only a small part of this thing. Even though none of this would succeed without it. Trent blows me the fuck away.

maynard
« Reply #963 on: April 20, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »

yeah, you said everything dude, what Trent is doing is something so ahead of its time... Every new detail impresses me.

I watched the video but I hardly understood what the guy said, English is not my first language, I need more pratice...

NIN > all.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #964 on: April 20, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »

Ha ha ha the disc is heat reactive i put it in the player the disc was black, ejected it and it was grey with writin on it i thought i was going crazy at first till i realised.?
rofl

Bought the album today, just noticed now, thought i was going crazy, thought i best check this thread to make sure i'm not....

...Great album, can't wait to sit down and listen through it start to finish again tomorrow...
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #965 on: April 24, 2007, 03:02:34 AM »

There used to be this really funny pic I found a few years ago. Trent Reznor in a red robe doing his best mangina. I dubbed it "Trent Reznor pubes pic." I would post it all over the place, calling it the new album cover or what not, and just now I thought "Hey, I wanna find that old Trent pubes pic and put it up on a blog. Damn that was a funny pic." Only problem is ... it's gone!!  nervous confused So, it's up to you guys. Someone must have it. And I must have it back in my life.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #966 on: April 24, 2007, 10:39:03 AM »

There used to be this really funny pic I found a few years ago. Trent Reznor in a red robe doing his best mangina. I dubbed it "Trent Reznor pubes pic." I would post it all over the place, calling it the new album cover or what not, and just now I thought "Hey, I wanna find that old Trent pubes pic and put it up on a blog. Damn that was a funny pic." Only problem is ... it's gone!!  nervous confused So, it's up to you guys. Someone must have it. And I must have it back in my life.

Umm...are you saying he was tucking?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #967 on: April 24, 2007, 11:51:23 AM »

ewww.... I wish I didnt read that.

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #968 on: April 24, 2007, 12:46:54 PM »

lol i've seen that picture, i know what he's talking about. its fucked up. funny, but fucked up.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #969 on: April 24, 2007, 01:53:13 PM »

Full on. Gotta find another copy.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #970 on: April 24, 2007, 05:41:41 PM »

Hehe, you mean this pic?

von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #971 on: April 24, 2007, 05:45:55 PM »

That's amusing, but no.
GeraldFord
« Reply #972 on: April 26, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »

Check this out!  AHAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwUrrUD7N1I
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #973 on: April 26, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »

Poor lil' fella' Cry

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #974 on: April 26, 2007, 06:15:36 PM »

Full on. Gotta find another copy.

Ahh thre is no reason for any nin thread to exist anywhere without the famous Bathrobe photo tucked in there somewhere.

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
maynard
« Reply #975 on: April 26, 2007, 08:46:06 PM »

oh no, that red robe pic!
 no
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #976 on: April 26, 2007, 08:51:25 PM »

oh no, that red robe pic!
 no

That is my thought too ... no

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #977 on: April 26, 2007, 09:16:58 PM »

i cant believe Avril Lavigne sold more copies than NIN last week. ugh.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #978 on: April 26, 2007, 09:38:51 PM »

I can kids to day are stupid and have shit tast for music. well all those that bought that Acril cd are .But in the long Run the Nine Nails album will stand the test better and be remembered for being kick ass.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #979 on: April 26, 2007, 10:32:47 PM »

Wow...I don't follow the charts, but that is a sad state of affairs.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: