Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 430580 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #840 on: April 04, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »

after the first listen i have to say that its pretty damn good. when trent said "quite noisey" he definitely meant it.  what impresses me the most is that Reznor has finally moved away from the whole "I hate myself", "woe is me" lyrics to more universal and broad themes. i'm not sure yet where this stands with the other Nine Inch Nials albums cuz this is definitely a record that needs to be absorbed over multiple listens. can't wait for part 2 next year!!!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #841 on: April 04, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »

I'm listening to it right now (the legal, high quality version, on nin.com).  It's pretty good, though I'll need another spin to really get the flow of the album.  I hadn't listened to any of the leaks, so I'm completely unfamiliar with it. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
judaskennedy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #842 on: April 04, 2007, 05:13:14 PM »

wasn't he synth/pop before? and yeah what about this cover? i have to hear it

i think he was joking......but if it exists it would be very interesting to hear.

yeah probably a joke, don't sound like trent doing a cover and certainly not poison.. and the tracklist on year zero has already been "published" or whatever, right? (i know published is the wrong word but i don't have time to check for the better word for what i mean)

Did you not see the updated tracklist?

"Hyperpower!"
"Cherry Pie"
"The Beginning of the End"
"Survivalism"
"The Good Soldier"
"Vessel"
"Me, I'm Not"
"Capital G"
"Every Rose Has It's Thorn"
"My Violent Heart"
"The Warning"
"God Given"
"Meet Your Master"
"The Greater Good"
"The Great Destroyer"
"Another Version of the Truth"
"In This Twilight"
"Up All Night/Fly to the Angels" (Medley)
"Zero-Sum"

WHoa,   a cover of Every Rose has its thorn by poison AND a cover of Cherry Pie by Warrant (or icp...god make it be a cover of the icp song!!!)    but thats crazy-  i dont know if this is real or not
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #843 on: April 04, 2007, 05:56:59 PM »

im listening to it atm, ill tell you what i think.

-------

ok, listened...meh didnt do much for me.

the darker tracks are great.

but alot of the tracks are just the same beats over n over, with boring vocals and the songs never really progress like old NIN songs do, its snoredom.

but the darker tracks are great. and my fav one is the good soldier track.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 06:34:36 PM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #844 on: April 04, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »

Zero-Sum is an early favorite of mine  drool
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #845 on: April 04, 2007, 10:40:52 PM »

some people here are to say it nicely...gullible.
GeraldFord
« Reply #846 on: April 04, 2007, 11:00:53 PM »

Just listened to the album. As much as I love NIN, Trent just can't pull off "Cherry Pie." His version is just, I don't know...not enough cowbell.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #847 on: April 04, 2007, 11:03:41 PM »

this is the back of the album

http://i7.tinypic.com/307ozk0.jpg

look at whats in white, hilarious. im gonna call that number.

GeraldFord
« Reply #848 on: April 05, 2007, 12:04:48 PM »

I didn't get to hear the album yet as I have dial-up and I can't seem to open the page. Just as well, as I like buying the actual album and putting in my stereo. I guess the reviews will come in soon. Looking forward to what the douche Stephen Thomas Erlewine at the AMG has to say about it, as well as Rolling Stone.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #849 on: April 05, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »

Zero Sum might be favorite Nine Inch Nails song ever. the lyrics are and music blend together perfectly. and the lyrics are heart stopping.

Shame on us, doomed from the start
May god have mercy on our dirtly little hearts
Shame on us, for all we have done
And all we ever were, just zeroes and ones

Trent has done it again.

maynard
« Reply #850 on: April 05, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »

Zero Sum is AMAZING.

Two words to describe this album: NOISY and BEAUTIFUL.

I love you Trent, really.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #851 on: April 05, 2007, 03:30:02 PM »

Zero Sum is AMAZING.

Question: how is "noisy" helpful in achieving "amazing"?

It certainly has some very strong moments, but I, too, found it to be very noisy.  There were points where I had to turn the volume down, because the car-with-squeaky brakes-and-fingernails-on-chalkboard symphony that is a big part of some of these tracks was too much to tolerate.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #852 on: April 05, 2007, 03:57:01 PM »

Zero Sum is AMAZING.

It certainly has some very strong moments, but I, too, found it to be very noisy.? There were points where I had to turn the volume down, because the car-with-squeaky brakes-and-fingernails-on-chalkboard symphony that is a big part of some of these tracks was too much to tolerate.

have u heard The Downward Spiral? that was pretty noisey too. although i can understand where u are coming from. just give it some time to sink in. i love the noisey aspects but hey whatever floats your boat!!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #853 on: April 05, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »

I cant get the link to work?

Someone hook me up with a direct link or something.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #854 on: April 05, 2007, 04:26:27 PM »

Zero Sum is AMAZING.

It certainly has some very strong moments, but I, too, found it to be very noisy.  There were points where I had to turn the volume down, because the car-with-squeaky brakes-and-fingernails-on-chalkboard symphony that is a big part of some of these tracks was too much to tolerate.

have u heard The Downward Spiral? that was pretty noisey too. although i can understand where u are coming from. just give it some time to sink in. i love the noisey aspects but hey whatever floats your boat!!

Yeah, I own the Downward Spiral, and in general the noises don't bother me.  It's just the extended, loud piercing tones that get annoying. 

I'm ok with noises if they add to the music or, as Trent is good at doing, if the noises form an integral part of the rhythm or melody of a track.  There were a few moments in Year Zero where I didn't feel they added anything...which would STILL be tolerable if they weren't so damned piercing.  I've only listened to it once, so I can't pinpoint the exact tracks, though the noise that really bothered me was near the end of one of the last five or so tracks.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #855 on: April 05, 2007, 06:54:49 PM »

I've listened to it twice now. I agree its very noisy but i like it. I also agree with an earlier comment zero sum is great maybe the best on the album.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #856 on: April 05, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »

I cant get the link to work?

Someone hook me up with a direct link or something.

http://yearzero.nin-thespiral.com/FLJoi4gjw2f/player.html hope that helps.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #857 on: April 05, 2007, 06:59:19 PM »

Zero Sum is AMAZING.

It certainly has some very strong moments, but I, too, found it to be very noisy.? There were points where I had to turn the volume down, because the car-with-squeaky brakes-and-fingernails-on-chalkboard symphony that is a big part of some of these tracks was too much to tolerate.

Yeah, I own the Downward Spiral, and in general the noises don't bother me.? It's just the extended, loud piercing tones that get annoying.?

I'm ok with noises if they add to the music or, as Trent is good at doing, if the noises form an integral part of the rhythm or melody of a track.? There were a few moments in Year Zero where I didn't feel they added anything...which would STILL be tolerable if they weren't so damned piercing.? I've only listened to it once, so I can't pinpoint the exact tracks, though the noise that really bothered me was near the end of one of the last five or so tracks.

i agree with you.....partially. there are some songs where i thought what u thought about the piercing noises etc. but there was also an overwhelming amount of times where i was like FUCKING AWESEOME ROCK OUT TO DA CRAZY BEEEETTTZZZ AND SOUNDZZ DUDE etc. lol.

the only thing that bothers me, is that most songs have the basic verse/chorus/verse and rock out part towards the end type formula(kinda like survivalism). but we always have Zero Sum and a couple other songs with crazy rythym changes/breakdowns where that wasnt the case so its okay.

i've only given this album two proper listens but it was much better the second time. this is definitely the type of album like The Fragile or The Downward Spiral where u need multiple listens to appreciate it. i mean the first time i heard TDS i absolutey hated it other than like two songs, now i adore it. its just overwhelming at first cuz its so noisey/crazy/nothing i've ever heard before type deal.

so once again people, give it a chance, i mean most of my favorite albums i didnt like the first time i heard them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:02:36 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #858 on: April 05, 2007, 08:22:28 PM »

RIAA Tries To Stop Trent Reznor's Promotional Campaign For New Concept Album
from the whoops dept

In the comments to an earlier post today, a reader pointed us to an article about Trent Reznor's promotional campaign for his latest Nine Inch Nails album. It sounds like he's taken a page from the various alternate reality games that have been popular in promoting movies and video games over the past few years. That is, there appears to be a series of secretive websites that are being leaked out with various clues and there's a big group of fans all trying to track down the details. Also, at some Nine Inch Nails concerts, people have found USB keys in the bathroom with songs from the upcoming album. Not surprisingly, those songs quickly found their way online, all with Reznor's approval. Of course, no one seems to have told the RIAA about this marketing campaign. The RIAA went and demanded that various sites pull down the songs, even though Reznor wanted the songs to spread for promotional purposes. The RIAA always says that if artists want to promote their own songs by giving them away for free they have no problem with it -- but it seems that their mindset is so focused on the idea that no one would ever want to do this that they still have to issue takedowns when artists want the songs given away.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #859 on: April 05, 2007, 09:30:25 PM »

RIAA Tries To Stop Trent Reznor's Promotional Campaign For New Concept Album
from the whoops dept

In the comments to an earlier post today, a reader pointed us to an article about Trent Reznor's promotional campaign for his latest Nine Inch Nails album. It sounds like he's taken a page from the various alternate reality games that have been popular in promoting movies and video games over the past few years. That is, there appears to be a series of secretive websites that are being leaked out with various clues and there's a big group of fans all trying to track down the details. Also, at some Nine Inch Nails concerts, people have found USB keys in the bathroom with songs from the upcoming album. Not surprisingly, those songs quickly found their way online, all with Reznor's approval. Of course, no one seems to have told the RIAA about this marketing campaign. The RIAA went and demanded that various sites pull down the songs, even though Reznor wanted the songs to spread for promotional purposes. The RIAA always says that if artists want to promote their own songs by giving them away for free they have no problem with it -- but it seems that their mindset is so focused on the idea that no one would ever want to do this that they still have to issue takedowns when artists want the songs given away.

i heard about that, the RIAA are a bunch of useless hacks. jesus.

i'm listening to the album again, i'm really digging how beat/rythym oriented this thing is. its so groovy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:39:29 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: