Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 08:36:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 430629 times)
GeraldFord
« Reply #800 on: March 14, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »

this is insane, i hope it leaks soon cuz i'm in the middle of nowhere at college so it would be the only way for me to listen to it.

Order it via amazon.com
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #801 on: March 14, 2007, 01:13:35 PM »

this is insane, i hope it leaks soon cuz i'm in the middle of nowhere at college so it would be the only way for me to listen to it.

Order it via amazon.com

that would be a good easy way for you to get it GnFnR87.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #802 on: March 14, 2007, 01:14:57 PM »

Order it via amazon.com

lol hey don't get me wrong i will buy it when i get the chance!! i love trent!!! but i want to hear it as soon as possible lol. the only problem is my college doesnt allow torrents anymore so i will have to be creative in how i get it....... Huh

i might order it on amazon i'll see. but even then i probably won't get it till around the date it comes out, and i honestly don't know i if i can last that long without hearing it lol.

i also like the feeling you get when u walk into a record store to buy a new album y'know.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:17:58 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #803 on: March 14, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »

Order it via amazon.com

lol hey don't get me wrong i will buy it when i get the chance!! i love trent!!! but i want to hear it as soon as possible lol. the only problem is my college doesnt allow torrents anymore so i will have to be creative in how i get it....... Huh

i might order it on amazon i'll see. but even then i probably won't get it till around the date it comes out, and i honestly don't know i if i can last that long without hearing it lol.

i also like the feeling you get when u walk into a record store to buy a new album y'know.

that is a great feeling ,when you go to a record store and buy an album you are luking forward to .

I not sure I'M going to be able to wait if it leaks either.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #804 on: March 14, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »

No way Ill download this.

All the hard work Trent has put in and the genius promotion he has done makes this a must buy.

I dont want to hear it on my computer, This is an album I want to walk into the Store, BUY and then pop into my CD player and listen to in order while driving around.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #805 on: March 15, 2007, 12:10:53 AM »

A+ marketing....I'll tell ya what.
GeraldFord
« Reply #806 on: March 18, 2007, 12:53:07 AM »

You can pre-order Year Zero at amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Year-Zero-Nine-Inch-Nails/dp/B000O178BY/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-3212443-0144811?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1174193480&sr=1-1

Editorial Reviews

From the Artist
This record began as an experiment with noise on a laptop in a bus on tour somewhere. That sound led to a daydream about the end of the world. That daydream stuck with me and over time revealed itself to be much more. I believe sometimes you have a choice in what inspiration you choose to follow and other times you really don't. This record is the latter. Once I tuned into it, everything fell into place... as if it were meant to be. With a framework established, the songs were very easy to write. Things started happening in my "real" life that blurred the lines of what was fiction and what wasn't. The record turned out to be more than a just a record in scale, as you will see over time.
Part one is year zero. Concept record. Sixteen tracks. All written and performed by me, produced / programmed by me and Atticus Ross, mixed by Alan Moulder, mastered by Brian "Big Bass" Gardner. Release date: April 17, 2007.

What's it about? Well, it takes place about fifteen years in the future. Things are not good. If you imagine a world where greed and power continue to run their likely course, you'll have an idea of the backdrop. The world has reached the breaking point - politically, spiritually and ecologically. Written from various perspectives of people in this world, "year zero" examines various viewpoints set against an impending moment of truth. How does it sound? You will hear for yourself soon enough, but given the point of this document is to provide information...

This record is much more of a "sound collage" than recent efforts from me.

A lot of it was improvised. It is very tedious describing your own music. It's not just music. It's probably too long, but it felt like the right thing to do to paint the complete picture. It will sound different after a few listens. You can think about it and it will reveal more than you were expecting. You can dance to a lot of it. You can f*** to a lot of it (maybe all of it depending on what you're into).

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #807 on: March 19, 2007, 04:08:26 AM »

WOW

Not to start a debate, but Axl sure could learn alot from Trent.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #808 on: March 19, 2007, 05:50:57 AM »

WOW

Not to start a debate, but Axl sure could learn alot from Trent.

Oh...

I think that will start a debate alright........
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #809 on: March 19, 2007, 09:34:04 PM »

less than a month guys..... i cant fucking wait. and part 2 next year!! holy shit.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #810 on: March 21, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »

A+ marketing....I'll tell ya what.

Absolutely!  Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #811 on: March 21, 2007, 08:30:47 PM »

looking forward to seeing them again at reading now  Grin i hope they throw in a date at a smaller venue before reading as well.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
GeraldFord
« Reply #812 on: March 22, 2007, 07:27:46 PM »

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=29630

Trent Reznor: 'I?m More Creative Than Ever'
NIN man exclusively tells Gigwise

Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has revealed the reason why the bands latest album, ?Year Zero,? has been completed so quickly.

Speaking to Gigwise about the album - which is released on April 16 ? Reznor explained that he?s now feeling more creative than ever.

Talking amidst an expansive European Tour Reznor said: ?I think for the first time I?ve found out how to write music on tour, so for most of the With Teeth tour I was sitting on the back of buses, backstage, playing around with beats and stuff on my laptop and at the end of the tour last summer I had a good collection of things that past the test, that felt musically solid and cohesive to me.?

He continued: ?I felt inspired and didn?t take any time off and moved out to the woods for a few months, rented a place and came up with the idea for ?Year Zero.??

In the latter half of the 1990?s Reznor battled addiction problems and it?s something that he now admits stifled his creativity. He says it was also one of the main reasons NIN failed to release more material during those years.

Reznor explains: ?I can see now with pretty much crystal clear clarity that that aspect had governed my life. I had made writing out to be a terrifying prospect filled with pain and failure and some things that I dreaded doing because I?ve always lacked self-confidence and every other thing.?

?By the end of my run with drugs I?d also realised that my brain wasn?t functioning right and I?d lost the power to really concentrate ? it really made my art suffer, which made me feel worse, which made me want to get high and you know, that cycle starts up.?

Nine Inch Nails? tour continues tonight (March 22) in Amsterdam. Stay tuned to Gigwise for an extensive feature with Trent Reznor coming soon.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:34:38 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #813 on: March 22, 2007, 07:34:15 PM »

i'm sorry but this is hilarious:

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #814 on: March 24, 2007, 08:09:56 AM »

the video reminds me of "lost" hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #815 on: March 25, 2007, 01:36:59 AM »

Anybody got an MP3 of Survivalism they can hook me up with?

SLCPUNK
« Reply #816 on: March 25, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »

The RIAA has been notified, lady boy!
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #817 on: March 25, 2007, 02:22:01 PM »

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=20399

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #818 on: March 26, 2007, 04:06:43 AM »

^
Thanks this is awesome! ok

GeraldFord
« Reply #819 on: March 28, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »

The leaks just sound better and better the more you listen to them. This may be *the* album of 2007.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: