Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:32:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 431863 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1860 on: November 12, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »

what hotel is close to planet hollywood?

tons. cheapest is tropicana though.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1861 on: November 15, 2008, 03:54:50 AM »

just got my pair of tickets. Section 209    Row F
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1862 on: November 16, 2008, 10:41:17 AM »

NINE INCH NAILS Taps LOSTPROPHETS Drummer - Nov. 16, 2008

NINE INCH NAILS has tapped LOSTPROPHETS' Ilan Rubin to handle the drum duties for the group on the road beginning in early 2009. Drummer Josh Freese will exit NIN's current lineup at the end of its current North American tour.

Writing on the NINE INCH NAILS web site, the group's mainman Trent Reznor said regarding the band's latest addition, "I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds [festivals in the UK] a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away ? the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year."

Freese has played with NINE INCH NAILS for the last three years, joining the lineup in late 2005.

Ilan Rubin, 20, began playing drums at the age of 8, when he discovered his father's 1968 Silver Sparkle Ludwig drum kit set up in the garage. He has reportedly taken lessons from BLINK-182's Travis Barker and David Uosikkinen, drummer of famed '80s band THE HOOTERS. He is also an accomplished guitarist and classical pianist.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109002

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1863 on: November 19, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »

New NINE INCH NAILS Drummer Says Goodbye To LOSTPROPHETS - Nov. 18, 2008

Drummer Ilan Rubin has officially left LOSTPROPHETS in order to join NINE INCH NAILS next year as the replacement for the Trent Reznor-fronted band's current skinsman, Josh Freese.

"As of January, NIN is my full-time thing," Rubin said in a statement that was posted on the Rock Sound web site. "I know that I'm not just a stand-in, I'll be there for whatever needs to be done, so that's my new position. LOSTPROPHETS are fans of NINE INCH NAILS so I can say that there are no hard feelings. I'll be able to leave on a positive note and remain friends with everybody."

Rubin, 20, joined LOSTPROPHETS in 2005 as a replacement for former drummer Mike Chiplin but didn't play drums on the band's 2006 album "Liberation Transmission". He began playing drums at the age of 8, when he discovered his father's 1968 Silver Sparkle Ludwig drum kit set up in the garage. He has reportedly taken lessons from BLINK-182's Travis Barker and David Uosikkinen, drummer of famed '80s band THE HOOTERS. He is also an accomplished guitarist and classical pianist.

Freese has played with NINE INCH NAILS for the last three years, joining the lineup in late 2005.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109172

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1864 on: November 19, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »

fuck. i just checked Ticketmaster and they have better seats now for the same price i paid for my seats  rant
makane
Legend

« Reply #1865 on: November 19, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »

fuck. i just checked Ticketmaster and they have better seats now for the same price i paid for my seats  rant

One would think "W. Axl Rose" would have the money to pay for NIN seats? I guess the times are harsh for everybody...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
makane
Legend

« Reply #1866 on: November 20, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »

Nine Inch Nails - Lights In The Sky 2008 tour ad

http://vimeo.com/2294591

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #1867 on: November 20, 2008, 02:15:56 PM »

This was posted four posts up but here's Trent's words:

Ilan Rubin - New NIN Drummer

"With great pride and excitement I announce the addition of Ilan Rubin to the lineup beginning next year. I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away - the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year.

Stay tuned for some 2009 tour announcements soon."

posted by trent reznor at 6:09pm

-

He might do well, Freese's shoes are difficult to fill though.
overmatik
« Reply #1868 on: November 26, 2008, 11:13:07 AM »

11.25.08: NEW SHIT ON NIN.COM

Forget Twilight or Chinese Geography or 808s and Consipates or whatever else you may be wasting your time on... we've added some kick-ass new features to nin.com that may or may not work properly, so head on in and get busy!
Rob will now explain what we've done:

Nin.com's new image and video galleries aggregate media from Flickr and YouTube, allowing nin.com users to share their NIN photos, videos, artwork, and other content, which can then be organized, rated, and discussed by other fans. Your nin.com profile can now display your image and video contributions, as well.

You can browse individual galleries from every show of the 2008 tour, and soon we'll be adding past tours as well. The goal is to have the ultimate database of NIN images and videos right here on nin.com, created and organized by the fan community.

The galleries are still in beta, but we wanted to give everyone the opportunity to start using them while we continue to enhance functionality, work out bugs, and add new features. Expect support for favorites, descriptions, comment ratings, view counts, personal galleries, feeds, and more in the coming weeks. Please read the FAQ for gallery rules and guidelines, as well as instructions for adding your media to the site.

posted by trent reznor at 9:06pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man wouldn't let this get away...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1869 on: November 26, 2008, 11:17:26 AM »

Lol what exactly is Trents stance on this. They have done a fair few references to that album havent they?

html sucks
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1870 on: November 26, 2008, 11:25:32 AM »

Lol what exactly is Trents stance on this.

It's rather obvious isn't it?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1871 on: November 26, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »

This was posted four posts up but here's Trent's words:

Ilan Rubin - New NIN Drummer

"With great pride and excitement I announce the addition of Ilan Rubin to the lineup beginning next year. I had the chance to see Ilan playing his ass off at Reading and Leeds a couple summers ago and he blew me away. We recently invited him out to rehearse with us and he blew US away - the perfect guy to pick up the sticks after Josh leaves us at the end of the year.

Stay tuned for some 2009 tour announcements soon."

posted by trent reznor at 6:09pm

-

He might do well, Freese's shoes are difficult to fill though.
My god people drummers are a dime a dozen.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1872 on: November 26, 2008, 04:22:11 PM »

Lol what exactly is Trents stance on this. They have done a fair few references to that album havent they?

If someone were to take a picture of him, he would be green right now.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1873 on: November 26, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »

Lol what exactly is Trents stance on this.

It's rather obvious isn't it?
Well im kinda confused tbh.

html sucks
overmatik
« Reply #1874 on: November 28, 2008, 11:34:11 AM »

I think is clear, right, he thinks that CD is a waste of time. The thing is that by bashing CD he's also bashing his friend Robin, who is a big part of CD.

And after releasing 2 crappy albums Trent should be quiet, don't you think?
makane
Legend

« Reply #1875 on: November 28, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »

I think is clear, right, he thinks that CD is a waste of time. The thing is that by bashing CD he's also bashing his friend Robin, who is a big part of CD.

And after releasing 2 crappy albums Trent should be quiet, don't you think?

I think its clear you cant read. It was a joke.

Also Ghosts was an excellent album, and The Slip was done in ~3 weeks. Though I don't agree with The Slip being a great album(it's really not too bad either), but he just wanted something new for the tour.

Mechanical-Worm
« Reply #1876 on: November 29, 2008, 12:51:32 AM »

My god people drummers are a dime a dozen.

Indeed that's true, but skill as one varies.
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1877 on: November 30, 2008, 07:19:02 PM »

from NIN Hotline:

According to stuff.co.nz NIN will be returning to New Zealand for the first time since 2000 for a one off show in Auckland.

The show is on February 17 at Vector Arena in Auckland with tickets going on sale on December 10

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1878 on: November 30, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »

Didn't care for this band live - looks like I'll be selling my ticket for the other show in Montana.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1879 on: December 01, 2008, 05:35:31 AM »

Didn't care for this band live - looks like I'll be selling my ticket for the other show in Montana.

What didn't you like about them?

(I Don't like the band either, but I want to see what you have to say about NIN.)

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: