Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:10:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 407190 times)
ben9785
« Reply #1520 on: June 12, 2008, 03:07:15 AM »

I apologize if this has already been posted here but I had a quick look through the last two or three pages and didn't see mention of it.

www.nin.com

6.05.2008:

I am proud to announce the final personnel lineup of nine inch nails for the foreseeable future. We've added, we've subtracted and we've wound up with unquestionably the strongest lineup I've EVER had. Joining me onstage will be Robin Finck, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Freese and Justin Meldal-Johnsen.

Looks like Trent is very happy to keep Robin there for as long as he'll stay, then. Take that as you will.

FORESEEABLE future.  Foreseeable being the key word which basically means they only know what they are doing for what they have planned.  I think Trent has to know in the back of his mind that there is a good chance Robin will return to GnR when they are ready to tour.  Which could be late 2008 or maybe spring of 2009, depending when or if Chinese Democracy comes out. 

I think Robin must have talked to Axl by now.  Unless he is a complete dick, you don't leave your partners in the dark.  It seems crazy to stick it out as long as he did just to throw in the towel when they finally handed the record over to the label. Makes no sense, unless he didn't know the record was in and he had reached a breaking point.

I personally dont think he quit Guns. There is information that we dont know. They probably don't want to tell us that GnR touring is still a long time away.  I don't blame him for not wanting to sit around and wait.

Who does know, except Robin himself. Hence why people can take that information however they want to. I don't think Trent is concerned about GNR's schedule though.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1521 on: June 12, 2008, 03:59:52 AM »

www.nin.com

6.05.2008:

I am proud to announce the final personnel lineup of nine inch nails for the foreseeable future. We've added, we've subtracted and we've wound up with unquestionably the strongest lineup I've EVER had. Joining me onstage will be Robin Finck, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Freese and Justin Meldal-Johnsen.

I cant remember the exact quote from Trent...

But didnt he say a few years ago, that He had this new guitarist in the band, and that he

pisses all over Robin Finck?

Wow , Trent changes his mind on people more then Robin changes his look.......

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1522 on: June 12, 2008, 10:54:46 AM »

www.nin.com

6.05.2008:

I cant remember the exact quote from Trent...

But didnt he say a few years ago, that He had this new guitarist in the band, and that he

pisses all over Robin Finck?

Wow , Trent changes his mind on people more then Robin changes his look.......

thats MY point, and when he left GNR in 99, Axl said that robin leaving allowed them to take the music farther and basically made it sound like Robin was inferior to Dave Navarro.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #1523 on: June 12, 2008, 10:57:33 AM »

Yeah, it's a very old game.

Fact is, the more they thrash them, the more they seem to miss them.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1524 on: June 12, 2008, 11:42:19 AM »

I apologize if this has already been posted here but I had a quick look through the last two or three pages and didn't see mention of it.

www.nin.com

6.05.2008:

Looks like Trent is very happy to keep Robin there for as long as he'll stay, then. Take that as you will.

again that is just informing a member change.

"Rich Fownes is replaced and it wasn't foreseeable 2 months ago. " ok
Gunsnroses-now
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1525 on: June 13, 2008, 05:48:54 PM »

new update at nin.com

rehearsal footage to be a part of the physical release of The Slip (god that sounds dirty)

6.13.2008:  The Slip retail information
We're releasing a sales sheet to retail today, so some of you clever buggers will undoubtedly unearth this valuable information! Let me make it easy for you:

The Slip will be available in an individually numbered 2 disc, 6 panel digipak & double gatefold vinyl in the US, Canada, and parts of Japan.
The digi will be LIMITED to 200,000 pieces only, each individually numbered, and will include a DVD of NIN performing live tracks from The Slip at rehearsals, a 24-page booklet, and an exclusive sticker pack.
For UK, Europe, Australia, and other territories, the release will not be limited or numbered, but will otherwise be identical.
The gatefold vinyl release contains 1 LP (180 gram vinyl) and a 24-page booklet (vinyl is not limited or numbered anywhere).

CD Street Date (US & Canada): July 22, 2008
CD Street Date (UK & Europe): July 21, 2008
Vinyl Street Date (US & Canada): August 5, 2008
Vinyl Street Date (UK & Europe): August 4, 2008
Japan and Australia release info is TBA

The Slip will remain free for download indefinitely from theslip.nin.com.

Also, I was rummaging through the archives and found the first part of the "God Given" video we never finished. Enjoy!
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1526 on: June 13, 2008, 06:51:33 PM »

Wow, that's a pretty good deal, actually. But no standard, no frills option, so I guess this'll be more costly than a normal disc.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1527 on: June 13, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »

Only 200,000 copies though............. Hope I can snag one for the booklet and DVD

I remember Prince did this with his "Crystal Ball" CD

He only made 250,000 and sold them for like 50 bucks a pop. Needless to say, he made a killing.

makane
Legend

« Reply #1528 on: June 14, 2008, 10:39:21 AM »

Only 200,000 copies though............. Hope I can snag one for the booklet and DVD

I remember Prince did this with his "Crystal Ball" CD

He only made 250,000 and sold them for like 50 bucks a pop. Needless to say, he made a killing.

It continues to be free online. So probably only the NIN enthusiasts will be getting it in physical format. So I dont see any problems with availability.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1529 on: June 14, 2008, 12:05:42 PM »

Don't think it will sell 200,000 copies in one day. Still, it'd be good if a million shipped.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1530 on: June 14, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »

That is true I guess, but I can see all 200,000 being sold. plus, with only 200,000 and so many stores around the US, how many copies could each store possibly get?

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1531 on: June 14, 2008, 04:53:26 PM »

can't wait for that DVD  ok
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #1532 on: June 15, 2008, 12:56:10 AM »

That is true I guess, but I can see all 200,000 being sold. plus, with only 200,000 and so many stores around the US, how many copies could each store possibly get?
Someone on ETS did the math (For the US alone)
50 states / 200,000 copies = 4,000 Copies per state / x number of retailers per state.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
GeraldFord
« Reply #1533 on: June 15, 2008, 02:50:39 AM »

I guess you can always buy the import (without the DVD) if it comes to that...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1534 on: June 16, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »

without the dvd of Robin performing at rehearsals for UK, Europe, Australia, and other territories? Undecided

for the first time I saw the blog and hell it was scary.  nervous
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1535 on: June 19, 2008, 10:43:44 PM »

NIN have been confirmed for the Voodoo Experience festival in New Orleans Oct 24-26. The other headliners are REM and STP.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
greendog
« Reply #1536 on: June 20, 2008, 06:53:50 PM »

I guess you can always buy the import (without the DVD) if it comes to that...

The DVD is included in both versions. The only difference is that the US etc have a number (limited to 200,000) and the rest of the world get the same thing without the number.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1537 on: June 21, 2008, 08:10:56 PM »

A small piece of trivia... Cheesy

Apparently Velvet Revolver are/were at the studio next to Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor came looking for some timpani drums.  So Matt Sorum sold him his...they were used on November Rain.  Now they will be on tour with NIN.

From Camp Freddy Radio 6/14: http://www.mattsorum.tv/channel/2008/06/19/camp-freddy-radio-june-2008/
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:25:07 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1538 on: June 22, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »

Apparently Velvet Revolver are/were at the studio next to Nine Inch Nails and Trent Reznor came looking for some timpani drums.  So Matt Sorum sold him his...they were used on November Rain.  Now they will be on tour with NIN.

For a sec I was bewildered reading 'they' as VR.  Shocked like first stp and now VR wtf?
The plot doesn't thicken as much...rofl
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1539 on: June 22, 2008, 02:16:28 PM »

Fuck Matt Sorum.

His trash clothing line must not be doing good.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: