Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:55:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 406066 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1440 on: May 09, 2008, 08:30:31 AM »

I might aswell stop all speculation, before any more attention is drawn to that account.

It is Trent.

But if they were claiming to be Trent, why not just come out and say that instead of hiding behind a fake profile?

The accounts purpose is pretty simple, shame you haven't noticed.  Roll Eyes
I honestly could care less if it is Trent or not, but thanks for trying to insult me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1441 on: May 09, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »

Will We Ever Pay for an Album Again?

The Latest Trend to Hit the Music Industry: Artists Giving Away Songs Online
May 9, 2008

Has the music industry reached a tipping point?

Unless you're a fan of industrial grunge, you may not have read this week that the group Nine Inch Nails ? which these days is basically musical prodigy Trent Reznor with a whole lot of time in the recording studio ? has just released its new album, The Slip, for free off the NIN website.

"As a thank you to our fans for your continued support, we are giving away the new Nine Inch Nails album one hundred percent free, exclusively via nin.com," Reznor wrote on the site to his millions of fans. He has also reportedly said: "This one's on me."

Just as interesting, on the same page, Reznor tells the downloaders: "We encourage you to remix it, share it with your friends, post it on your blog, play it on your podcast, give it to strangers, etc." In other words, Reznor is not only giving the album to his fans, but also giving them carte blanche to pass it around, cut it up, mash it ? heck, even sell it if they can figure out a way.

I'm not a NIN fanatic, but I have been a big admirer of Reznor's work (and the videos even more) for many years. And I know that he has long railed against the record industry, and has had more than his share of disputes with his record company. So, it's good to see him stepping up and literally putting his money where his mouth is.

Better yet, the early reviews suggest that The Slip is a very good album ? maybe not Pretty Hate Machine, but perhaps as good as Broken ? which is pretty impressive, and easily makes the case that Reznor is giving away the very best he can do at this point in his career.

And that too says something important. Late last year, when Radiohead set this new wave in motion by giving away In Rainbows, I used this column to cheer their move as the arrival of Web 2.0 thinking to music. But at the same time, after listening to album a few times, I wasn't sure Radiohead had really given us its "A" game.

Several months of listening have changed my mind: In Rainbows isn't The Bends (or, heaven knows, OK Computer) but its rhythm-driven tracks are both mesmerizing and addictive. Radiohead, like Nine Inch Nails, not only gave away a record, but some of its best stuff.

Read the rest at: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4813233&page=1

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #1442 on: May 09, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »

i listened to the album.

i like it... some of the songs in the beginning werent doing much for me but from discipline onward its gold. im sure the rest will grow on me.

coriana radiata is cool but it doesnt pick up till really late, i wish it was longer.

and wow lights in the sky is beautiful, i read that it was really simple but not as simple as this!! just trent and a piano, cool. 

echoplex and head down are pure awesomeness.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 01:28:58 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #1443 on: May 10, 2008, 06:30:25 AM »

Yes, lights in the sky almost made me cry..It's terribly melancholic, at least, that's how i perceive it. Love it.

Nothing to say
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1444 on: May 10, 2008, 08:09:22 AM »

Really starting to get into the 2nd part of the album; Lights in the sky-Demon Seed
It's a shame 6 mins or so of Coronna Radiata is there just to give Four of us.. a breathing space. Once Coronna's build up is finally done and things start to happen, it sounds great.For a little while. Then it ends. The song would have deserved larger role/more ambitiousness.

Echoplex minus the stupid drum machine at start is cool as hell too.
Why use drum machine when you have Josh Freese?
..Or maybe it was Freese pretending to be a drum machine;p

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #1445 on: May 10, 2008, 10:33:22 AM »

Listening to some of the new songs again. I think they'll sound better through headphones though. NIN are generally best listened to through headphones since there's usually so much going on in the background.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
GeraldFord
« Reply #1446 on: May 10, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »

This one is really growing on me!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1447 on: May 10, 2008, 05:12:11 PM »

I'm really lovin' the slip right now.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1448 on: May 11, 2008, 07:10:27 PM »

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
NIN?s ?Slip? a free dive in dark waters

By Richard Cromelin, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
May 7, 2008

Trent Reznor dropped his poison pill into the pop water supply Monday when he offered the new Nine Inch Nails album as a free download, setting a new threshold in the ongoing breakdown of the record marketplace.

Did this form of delivery affect the nature of the music? "The Slip" will come out as a not-free CD in July, but it's conceivable that the prospect of an unencumbered pre-release exchange with fans encouraged more daring choices in assembling the collection.

In any case, "The Slip" is murkier and less catchy than the last couple of regular NIN albums, "Year Zero" and "With Teeth." On the rock numbers, Reznor blends the jarring sounds of the industrial rock genre that he popularized with a terse, punk-like attack, bringing an insistent, sometimes claustrophobic feel to his scenarios of alienation ("I feel a million miles away / I don't feel anything at all").

On the hushed, sad ballad "Lights in the Sky," his voice drifts down into the dark waters he's singing about, and he devotes time to instrumental studies in shape and texture, such as "Corona Radiata."

Don't be fooled by the relatively radio-friendly track "Discipline." In "The Slip," Reznor isn't concerned with making it easy. But give it a try. What have you got to lose?

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-nin7-2008may07,0,2146732.story

GeraldFord
« Reply #1449 on: May 17, 2008, 12:39:58 PM »

Seeing NIN omn 8/8.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #1450 on: May 17, 2008, 02:55:41 PM »

I wish Trent would play Montana.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1451 on: May 17, 2008, 10:38:25 PM »

** UPDATE

Some friends at hydrogenaudio pointed out an error with the high resolution WAVE files we didn't catch. The corrected files are now posted along with high resolution FLAC files as well. If you're interested in these, simply re-download the new files.
Sorry for the hassle!

posted by Trent Reznor

LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1452 on: May 18, 2008, 10:48:27 PM »

Second half of Slip Really doing it for me.   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Piling layer after layer of noise/sound on top of each other, timing it all JUST right  and finding such beautiful harmony between them is what Reznor does best. Sadly he hasn't really gone knee deep in any of that  after Still.Not until now.
Still can't believe this motherfucker is free, haha.

Year Zero and even With Teeth both have their share of amazing songs but as an overall experience, I think 2nd half of Slip is best Nin since 2002. Neither YZ nor WT has as solid, beautiful intact uhh..experience to offer as Echoplex-Demon Seed.
Not really liking any of the faster tracks on 1st half of the album tho.

Here's some 18(or something) years old TR from pre-Nin days. Performing in some hillarious 80's retro music show, no less. They are exploring the modern wonders of computer musica:o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYBx5NJULY&NR=1

« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:51:14 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GeraldFord
« Reply #1453 on: May 19, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »

Second half of Slip Really doing it for me.   Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Piling layer after layer of noise/sound on top of each other, timing it all JUST right  and finding such beautiful harmony between them is what Reznor does best. Sadly he hasn't really gone knee deep in any of that  after Still.Not until now.
Still can't believe this motherfucker is free, haha.

Year Zero and even With Teeth both have their share of amazing songs but as an overall experience, I think 2nd half of Slip is best Nin since 2002. Neither YZ nor WT has as solid, beautiful intact uhh..experience to offer as Echoplex-Demon Seed.
Not really liking any of the faster tracks on 1st half of the album tho.

Here's some 18(or something) years old TR from pre-Nin days. Performing in some hillarious 80's retro music show, no less. They are exploring the modern wonders of computer musica:o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYBx5NJULY&NR=1

Can't agree with you here. I thought YZ was the best thing he ever did, in terms of song-writing and production wise.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1454 on: May 26, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »

Guess we could try to steal him back--lol

WIN NINE INCH NAILS TICKETS

Starting Saturday, listen at 7:45am, 11:45am, 2:45pm, 5:45pm and 7:45pm for your chance to win tickets to the Point show featuring Nine Inch Nails at the Scottrade Center on Wednesday, August 20th.

One grand prize winner and a guest will fly to Los Angeles to watch Nine Inch Nails rehearse for their upcoming tour and attend a movie screening at Hollywood Forever Cemetary (cemetary of the stars) in Hollywood.

Listen here:  http://www.kpnt.com/

Jump into the crowd Robin.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1455 on: June 05, 2008, 04:36:36 AM »

From nin.com

I am proud to announce the final personnel lineup of nine inch nails for the foreseeable future. We've added, we've subtracted and we've wound up with unquestionably the strongest lineup I've EVER had. Joining me onstage will be Robin Finck, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Freese and Justin Meldal-Johnson.
We've been working on something really special for these shows and so far I couldn't be happier with the results. We'll be revealing some live performances shortly here on nin.com - in the meantime, we've posted some photos from rehearsals up on Flickr here.

Meanwhile, I assume some of you may not be entirely familiar with the acts I've chosen to join us on various legs of this tour, so we've compiled a sampler EP for you. CLICK HERE to download this for free. If you like what you hear, be sure to show up early to the show (and please remember to support them by purchasing their music, if so inclined).

Best,
TR

new Robin pics

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 04:41:26 AM by hartman » Logged

GNR forever !!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1456 on: June 05, 2008, 04:47:50 AM »

Doesn't really say much.

At least, what we want to hear.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1457 on: June 05, 2008, 04:52:18 AM »

great pics  beer
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #1458 on: June 05, 2008, 04:54:17 AM »

Doesn't really say much.

At least, what we want to hear.
It says it all imo.

GNR forever !!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1459 on: June 05, 2008, 04:58:32 AM »

hmm....

I think trents really happy that robin is in the band...

and Robin looks like his image has changed 100 fold...

When can we safely say Robins out?

Is now a good time...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: