Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 404930 times)
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1100 on: October 20, 2007, 02:07:08 AM »

I like both, especially The New Flesh.

I also like how it's mixed with Pinion for the intro in AATCHB
GeraldFord
« Reply #1101 on: October 25, 2007, 10:08:48 PM »

25 October 2007: NiggyTardust!
http://www.nin.com/
Big news today!

As many of you know, I've been working closely with Saul Williams on his new record. We've spent many hours together in hotel rooms, busses, backstages and studios around the world working on something we knew was great. This is the most involved I've been with any project outside NIN since Antichrist Superstar, and I've been impatiently waiting for the chance for you to hear it.
Well... guess what?
The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust! has arrived!
After my own recent dealings with record labels we decided to release it directly to you. Head over to http://www.niggytardust.com for all the details. Register now and you can download the record November 1st.
Working on this project was a real pleasure. Saul was interested in breaking boundaries / crossing genres / defying expectations and we learned a great deal from one another in the process. When asked about the sound of the record, I've had to resort to "... I really don't know HOW to describe it." That's a good thing more than ever these days.

A word on the way we've chosen to release this.
There are obvious similarities in how Radiohead just released their new record and the way we've chosen to. After thinking about this way too much, I feel we've improved upon their idea in a few profound ways that benefit you, the consumer. You obviously will be the judge of this in the end. One thing that IS very different in our situation is that Saul's not the household name (yet!) that Radiohead is, and that means we need your support on this more than ever. If you like what you hear, spread the word.

I hope you enjoy the music,

TR

posted by Trent Reznor at 7:56 AM.
Quote:
You will first be asked to enter your e-mail address. This is where you will receive the download link when the album becomes available on November 1.

If you choose to pay for the record, your download will be available in the following formats:

* 192Kbps MP3
* 320Kbps MP3
* FLAC lossless audio

If you choose not to pay for the record, you will receive it in 192Kbps MP3 format.

All versions include a PDF with artwork and lyrics

All files are 100% DRM free, and can be played on any device. MP3s are encoded with LAME v3.97 and love.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1102 on: October 25, 2007, 10:09:46 PM »

I'd like to hear the Williams album.

Hoping Trent doesn't release all future music only online though...
makane
Legend

« Reply #1103 on: October 26, 2007, 09:56:18 PM »

I'd like to hear the Williams album.

Hoping Trent doesn't release all future music only online though...
Im perfectly fine with lossless audio. I can go to concerts and print artwork if I want to.

But I would say hes going print a certain amount of physical material for the needing. ( you got to have all HALOS !!!!)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:58:43 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
GeraldFord
« Reply #1104 on: October 26, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »

And CDRs only last like eight years. I'd like to just buy an album at the store and not have to download it and the artwork.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1105 on: October 27, 2007, 11:48:41 PM »

10/27/07 : Standing in the shower, thinking...

What I woke up thinking about today.
What I WANT to do is crawl inside my own head and just make music. I've begun work on a new NIN project and the door to the cave I will soon crawl in is open and beckoning, but these last few weeks I've had to be a businessman. On occasion I don't mind wearing that hat and becoming immersed in numbers and strategies and whatnot, but all I really want to do is make music.
Why have I been in business-mode lately? Glad you asked. See, the music business has imploded and nobody knows what to do. As an artist finally free from any obligations to a record company, I can do pretty much anything I want to - but what should that be?

How do you (in this order):
A. Be sure to place and keep yourself in a nurturing, creative space that inspires your art
B. Then determine how to present that to your audience in an appropriate fashion that's respectful to both you the artist AND them.
C. Ideally do that in a way where it makes financial sense.

I highly doubt whether the strategy Saul and I chose to release his new record will be a viable business model for the road ahead. We didn't do this as a "get rich quick" scheme. We did it because it felt (and feels) like the best way to get the most people to have the opportunity to hear what we consider to be an important record. It feels like the best approach as of October 2007 with the current set of circumstances in the "marketplace" (I hate that fucking word.) We did it because it kept the art PURE and it involved NO compromises regarding the content or the way it was presented to you. No iPod commercials, no ringtone giveaways, no billboards, no Best Buy exclusive content... and one could argue no exposure.
That's the problem. How do you get the word out to as many people as possible and maintain your integrity in the process?
We assumed that by releasing the record this way it would generate some press interest, and it has. We hope that people will be curious enough to download and listen to the record, and yes - we hope people will choose to pay for it.
I have to say I've been amazed at some lengthy conversations I've seen on fan BBs regarding the decision to pay or not. People who are interested enough to register and frequent boards dedicated to an artist's work really having to weigh out whether or not it's worth $5 for an hour of new music. Has music really and truly been devalued that much? $80 is a decision, $5 is not.

All of that aside, our secret weapon is the record itself. It is what it is and that's what people will be talking about long after the story of the business around it fades away.
Speaking of business... I'm done speaking (or thinking) about it for the day. I'm going to make some noise.

Good day,
TR
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1106 on: October 28, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »

blah blah bllah
Good day,
TR

Short version,
"Ok guys. I thought it over, got a call from my manager and I'm starting to be pretty fucking worried here!!"

..As he should. I think he is few years ahead of his time.
In 2010 or something, I bet you can indeed succesfully both market and distribute  an album exclusively in net.
But not just yet. No way.
I'd love to be wrong here of course.
Cant't wait to hear it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 10:22:33 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
GeraldFord
« Reply #1107 on: October 28, 2007, 10:27:27 PM »

blah blah bllah
Good day,
TR

Short version,
"Ok guys. I thought it over, got a call from my manager and I'm starting to be pretty fucking worried here!!"

..As he should. I think he is few years ahead of his time.
In 2010 or something, I bet you can indeed succesfully both market and distribute? an album exclusively in net.
But not just yet. No way.
I'd love to be wrong here of course.
Cant't wait to hear it.

so you think te new NIN will be release on CD ?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1108 on: October 28, 2007, 11:16:07 PM »

blah blah bllah
Good day,
TR

Short version,

he's his own manager.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1109 on: October 29, 2007, 12:29:16 AM »

so you think te new NIN will be release on CD ?

Noo, no way. He has made his decision.
Well I'm hoping he makes a compromis, and has it available for order as CD version via  nin.com for example.
 But a CD as in something that ends up packed and distributed and on the shelves of HMV and so on? Naah.

It's bit of a drag

he's his own manager.
'
Really?I had no idea.

...no..wait..really? How the fuck would he have time for THAT too?Shocked
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 12:42:52 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

GeraldFord
« Reply #1110 on: October 29, 2007, 12:56:08 AM »

I bet the new NIN (after halo 25 that is) is available on CD. He's made no such announcement that he'd stop making albums on disc. This is just speculation.

His last album is nearly Gold, and reached #2 on the billboard charts. His last couple albums reached #1 on the charts and were certified platinum. Would Reznor really forgo that status just to prove a point?

Not sure how much he'd make with no distributor selling CDs and just having his work available to download, but I doubt he goes that route.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:10:29 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
GeraldFord
« Reply #1111 on: October 29, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »

Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D 11/20

CD/DVD-ROM
"Gunshots By Computer:" Saul Williams
"The Great Destroyer:" modwheelmood
"My Violent Heart:" Pirate Robot Midget
"The Beginning Of The End:" Ladytron
"Survivalism:" Saul Williams
"Capital G:" Epworth Phones
"Vessel:" Bill Laswell
"The Warning:" Stefan Goodchild featuring Doudou N'Diaye Rose
"Meet Your Master:" The Faint
"God Given:" Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert
"Me, I'm Not:" Olof Dreijer
"Another Version Of The Truth:" Kronos & Enrique Gonzalez M?ller
"In This Twilight:" Fennesz
"Zero-Sum:" Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert

The CD/DVD-ROM set is packaged in a six-panel gate fold Digipak and will contain an insert. The DVD-ROM contains multitrack files from every track on Year Zero with files formatted for Apple GarageBand, Ableton Live (both PC and Mac), the demo edition of Ableton Live (both PC and Mac), and 16-bit, 44K WAV files for use with any audio-editing program.

http://www.ninwiki.com/Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D
GeraldFord
« Reply #1112 on: November 01, 2007, 02:02:10 AM »

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2007/10/trent_reznor_and_saul_williams.html
GeraldFord
« Reply #1113 on: November 01, 2007, 05:09:49 PM »

NIN fans should really check out the Saul Williams album! It's great!

Public Enemy+Gnarls Barkley+NIN=New Saul Williams CD!
makane
Legend

« Reply #1114 on: November 05, 2007, 04:31:10 PM »

From few listens I notice there are some "fragile lefovers" mixed in there. I guess its just supposed to sound like it.
Sometimes Saul sounds alot like Trent.
Sounds like a good album though...

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
makane
Legend

« Reply #1115 on: November 14, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »

Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D 11/20

CD/DVD-ROM
"Gunshots By Computer:" Saul Williams
"The Great Destroyer:" modwheelmood
"My Violent Heart:" Pirate Robot Midget
"The Beginning Of The End:" Ladytron
"Survivalism:" Saul Williams
"Capital G:" Epworth Phones
"Vessel:" Bill Laswell
"The Warning:" Stefan Goodchild featuring Doudou N'Diaye Rose
"Meet Your Master:" The Faint
"God Given:" Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert
"Me, I'm Not:" Olof Dreijer
"Another Version Of The Truth:" Kronos & Enrique Gonzalez M?ller
"In This Twilight:" Fennesz
"Zero-Sum:" Stephen Morris & Gillian Gilbert

The CD/DVD-ROM set is packaged in a six-panel gate fold Digipak and will contain an insert. The DVD-ROM contains multitrack files from every track on Year Zero with files formatted for Apple GarageBand, Ableton Live (both PC and Mac), the demo edition of Ableton Live (both PC and Mac), and 16-bit, 44K WAV files for use with any audio-editing program.

http://www.ninwiki.com/Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D

It's on pirate bay, and it's good.

Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1116 on: November 14, 2007, 08:02:57 PM »

Came close to downloading it of PB.. But decided to just wait and buy the thing.

Has anybody heard anything about the Year Zero movie /TV thing trent was wanting to do?

CD will be out when it's out. ....
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #1117 on: November 15, 2007, 12:35:32 AM »

It's that time of year....

LeftToDecay
VIP

« Reply #1118 on: November 16, 2007, 01:23:01 AM »

Heard the remix album too. After just one listen;
beginning sounds  promising and tight. Specially Gunshots by computer and Great destroyer
Many cool moments here and there.(I really liked how Ladytron had added their version of  the recurring TDS "theme" in there. Was like meeting an old friend:)
Warning and Another version of the tuth  work really  nicely too...
Actually I almost hope original version of another version would have had strings to begin with.

I thought 2nd half in general sounds bit shitty and forced. 14 minutes of  Me I'm not...come ooooooooooon

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:04:07 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

maynard
« Reply #1119 on: November 17, 2007, 11:35:57 PM »

NOOOOOOOOOO the red robe pic  Cry

the remix album is cool, me im not sucks but gunshots by computer, the warning and great destroyer are amazing.

From ETS:

Adrian (Belew) writes in his blog yesterday:

??received a call from Trent Reznor asking me to work with him on new music??

http://elephant-blog.blogspot.com/2007/11/and-whole-day-just-got-better.html

CAN'T WAIT!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: