Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:13:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Nine Inch Nails
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 118 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nine Inch Nails  (Read 404907 times)
makane
Legend

« Reply #1080 on: September 17, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »

I guess you could've expected this. Just the way NIN is, though im really excited which direction the band(trent) will evolve.

About everyone leaving, im thinking it will go so. Jeordie's gonna go with Goon Moon, Aaron with hes new band, Alessandro with Mod Wheel Mood and Josh will do whatever.
Still wondering if hes actually gonna go with "Year Zero Part 2". Well anything can happen  Smiley

Too bad this probably means quite along break for NIN when they have to redesign everything.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
maynard
« Reply #1081 on: September 17, 2007, 10:17:33 PM »

I don't think so. Trent spoke to Australian fans that year zero pt 2 is in the works and they will be touring again mid next year.

About the band changes, I think it will be good. I don't want to see Trent and some laptops on stage but I have to say Closer doesn't sound the same with all those guitars Aaron added. Maybe Lohner, Clouser, Dillon or even Vrenna can make a come back. I'm sure they are all in good terms with El Rezzo. Complete new members and format are also very exciting.

It's too early for a "Trent + piano" show, he should do it only when he reaches his 50s. He has a lot of energy and anger to liberate on stage still, IMO.

I want more details about YZ Remixed, damn it.. NIN is looking more exciting than ever.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1082 on: September 18, 2007, 07:38:03 AM »

so this means no us tour to support year zero?

fuck it
robw
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1083 on: September 21, 2007, 09:23:50 AM »

Maybe hes just too fuckin tired to care at the min.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1084 on: October 03, 2007, 08:14:44 PM »

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=47104

cool interviw.
Jordan123
« Reply #1085 on: October 05, 2007, 04:09:30 PM »

I just hope that it's not all keyboards
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1086 on: October 05, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »

Yeah thats a very good read. Can't remember seeing more in debth interview with TR in ages.

Does anyone have any idea why there wasnt US leg on Year Zero tour? has Reznor or someone talked about it?

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
maynard
« Reply #1087 on: October 08, 2007, 04:53:11 PM »

08 October 2007: Big News

"Hello everyone. I've waited a LONG time to be able to make the
following announcement: as of right now Nine Inch Nails is a totally
free agent, free of any recording contract with any label. I have
been under recording contracts for 18 years and have watched the
business radically mutate from one thing to something inherently very
different and it gives me great pleasure to be able to finally have a
direct relationship with the audience as I see fit and appropriate.
Look for some announcements in the near future regarding 2008.
Exciting times, indeed."

posted by Trent Reznor at 10:45 AM. 7 Comments
www.nin.com

So the remix album will be the last NIN release under Interscope, exciting news.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1088 on: October 08, 2007, 09:15:09 PM »

Exciting times, indeed."

www.nin.com

So the remix album will be the last NIN release under Interscope, exciting news.

I hope Trent doesn't just release his music via I-tunes, I still haven't been able to get the new Izzy!  no
Hoping the new NIN will still be available via a hard copy.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1089 on: October 08, 2007, 10:56:48 PM »

Exciting times, indeed."

www.nin.com

Wow, cool.
maynard
« Reply #1090 on: October 09, 2007, 04:12:32 AM »

I'm sure Trent will find a good way to present his music and surely will release cds and vinyls for future works. He'll probably put out some unreleased material (hopefully lots of stuff from the fragile era) and official bootlegs. Hell, he'll probably get a lot of money selling directly from his website but he really deserves it, Trent is an artist, there aren't many like him right now.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #1091 on: October 09, 2007, 11:39:08 PM »

he'll probably put it online for free download, or sell realy cheap cds that people can actually afford.

He had every right to complain about cd prices. If I go into a store for a cd that I kinda want, and I see a $17.99 + price tag, I wont get it. If labels sell cds for 10-12 bucks, they'd sell so much more. It just feels like a lot less to me as a consumer, and a lot better value,
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #1092 on: October 10, 2007, 07:19:31 AM »

Nine Inch Nails are scheduled to release their "Year Zero" remix effort, "Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D" through Interscope on November 20th. The outing will come as a CD/DVD combo. A full listing of details as to what will be featured on the effort is expected in the coming weeks.

Now that sounds good Smiley

http://www.theninhotline.net/news/index.php
http://www.theprp.com/

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
GeraldFord
« Reply #1093 on: October 10, 2007, 07:45:56 AM »

he'll probably put it online for free download, or sell realy cheap cds that people can actually afford.

He had every right to complain about cd prices. If I go into a store for a cd that I kinda want, and I see a $17.99 + price tag, I wont get it. If labels sell cds for 10-12 bucks, they'd sell so much more. It just feels like a lot less to me as a consumer, and a lot better value,
Bad idea. I like art work, ec.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #1094 on: October 10, 2007, 10:58:25 PM »

Bad idea. I like art work, ec.

I'm sure it'll be available in traditional format via  nin.com atleast. Maybe cheap ass solution like with With Teeth where you can buy the cd but have to print the actual booklet yourself. God i hated that.

I think TR and Radiohead and the likes are just too much ahead of their time here.
Pulling off this stuff gets your name on  the top on various digg it-lists  and   trendy "this is what people are blogging about!" -nerd shit in general for 2 weeks. Then you are overshadowed..Not by a new  Britney Spears album anymore, but by blogs about some youtube video where amateur actor is mocking  Britney Spears.Or something. I wouldn't call that a step upwards exactly.
This stuff doesn't get your music on that many hard drives or record shelves at the end of the day. I bet that yet again we are going to have a great  record that Very loyal but steadily declining Nin fan base will buy but thats it.

But hay, TR has had a very bad history with record labels and has learned  to hate, or atleast mistrust,  them at the very beginning of his career. This looks a lot like something he is genuinely exited to pull off so uh, more power to him. Some kind of a commercial career suicide though.
It's the eternal pioneer/control freak inside him pushing the buttons again.xD One of his long term goals must be being able to fit "special thank to" sections of cd booklets in a stamp.

I wonder if it's him, Prince, or David Bowie who is going to release very first album ever exclusively in.... outer space alone.
( i bet its bowie)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:30:20 PM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
maynard
« Reply #1095 on: October 11, 2007, 02:00:50 AM »

10 October 2007:   everything you wanted to know about Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D but were afraid to ask

Here's some information on Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D.
We are releasing it on Interscope Nov 20th through the traditional retail outlets. There are three different formats:

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
iTunes, I assume Amazon's MP3 store (I'm the last to know about these things) and maybe others. This should be priced "regular", whatever that now means.
track listing for these:

1. gunshots by computer: saul williams
2. the great destroyer: modwheelmood
3. my violent heart: pirate robot midget
4. the beginning of the end: ladytron
5. survivalism: saul williams
6. capital g: epworth phones
7. vessel: bill laswell
8. the warning: stefan goodchild featuring doudou n?diaye rose
9. meet your master: the faint
10. god given: stephen morris & gillian gilbert
11. me, i?m not: olof dreijer
12. another version of the truth: kronos & enrique gonzalez m?ller
13. in this twilight: fennesz
14. zero sum: stephen morris & gillian gilbert

VINYL
A nice package with three discs. Good quality vinyl, blah blah blah - really it's just cool. The package is a six-panel gatefold vinyl jacket to match Year Zero along with an insert.
track listing for this configuration:

Side 1
1. gunshots by computer: saul williams
2. the great destroyer: modwheelmood
3. my violent heart: pirate robot midget
4. the beginning of the end: ladytron
5. capital g: epworth phones

Side 2
1. the warning: stefan goodchild featuring doudou n?diaye rose
2. meet your master: the faint
3. god given: stephen morris & gillian gilbert
4. vessel [mix 1]: bill laswell

Side 3
1. capital g: switch
2. me, I?m not: olof dreijer

Side 4
1. the good soldier: sam fog
2. vessel [mix 2]: bill laswell

Side 5
1. capital g: ladytron
2. another version of the truth: kronos & enrique gonzalez m?ller
3. in this twilight: fennesz
4. zero sum: stephen morris & gillian gilbert

(no Side 6)

PHYSICAL CD / DVD ROM
This costs a bit more than "regular" and contains a CD that has exactly the same track listing as it's DIGITAL DOWNLOAD counterpart (see above). The package is a six-panel digipak to match Year Zero along with an insert. It also contains a DVD ROM (not a movie) that contains every track from Year Zero in multitrack format for you to do with what you please. Mac or PC.

We've included:
Pre-formatted for Apple GarageBand
Pre-formatted for Ableton Live (Mac or PC)
Demo version of Ableton Live (Mac or PC)
Generic WAVE files at 16 bit 44K that can be loaded into any audio editor

I can make this easy for you: if you just want to hear the tracks as cheaply as possible, get it digitally. The highest fidelity will likely be Amazon (through legal means).
If you want something that's aesthetically cool and will enhance any collection, get the vinyl. Trust me, it looks great. The extra tracks are fairly minor embellishments to the whole (and surely someone will upload them instantly).
If you want higher quality tracks legally, a nice package AND a complete multitrack of the whole record, get the physical CD / DVD ROM.

**insert comment from NINSUX: "I thought he said all the multitracks were going to be posted online, now he wants us to PAY for them??"
Relax, friend. One second after this package goes to the manufacturing plant someone will kindly upload those missing multitracks and everything will be OK. If they don't soon enough for your liking, just yell loudly out the window and I'll do it myself.

As for the record itself, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Remix records can be disposable garbage (of which I myself have been guilty of to some extent) but this collection feels good to me. I reached out to heroes, friends and strangers. I encouraged those I approached to do anything and insert themselves as much as possible into the track. Some of the stuff that was done earlier led me to choosing other people to balance things out. The Pirate Robot Midget mix is a fan's work - I thought it was great, it filled a need and I asked permission to use it here.
It's always interesting for me to hear my work reinterpreted - I hope it is for you as well.
Upon the release of this, we will be launching the first portion of the new nin.com at
remix.nin.com
We have been working on this quite a while now and I think you'll like it. It will begin as a home for listening to, sorting through, discussing and uploading remixes the community has made. Hopefully it will be as elegant, useful and fun to use as we envision.

TR

TR straight to the point, as always. The fan remix is great (you can hear on ninremixes.com), good to see a modwheelmood (alessandro cortini band) mix too. The other names are very unfamiliar for me but I'm sure it'll rock. Hopefully the first track is something new but I have a feeling it's a Hyperpower remix. Can't wait for Nov 20th.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1096 on: October 11, 2007, 02:39:50 AM »

Sounds cool.

I'm really hoping NIN release future albums this way, with an option to buy a regular, physical CD from a retailer.
GeraldFord
« Reply #1097 on: October 15, 2007, 05:45:51 AM »

maynard
« Reply #1098 on: October 15, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »

Meathead = genius   rofl
GeraldFord
« Reply #1099 on: October 17, 2007, 10:40:03 PM »

Anyone have Halo 15 "We're in this together?"

Part I (the one I have) has two songs that were meant for the fragile but were left off (they are on the record version). They are called "10 Miles High"and "The New Flesh." They're okay, but not great. I think it's good they were left off the album, as it would have been kind of a drag on the flow.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 118 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: