Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:42:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  David Hicks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: David Hicks  (Read 7425 times)
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« on: June 01, 2007, 01:12:49 PM »

What does the rest of the world think about the treatment of Aussie David Hicks who was locked up for 5 years in Guantanamo Bay without being formally charged. He was locked up and badly mistreated/tortured by American 'interogators' who asserted that he was a terroist because he did some army training in Afganastan.

It was only this year when they finally broke his spirit and as a result of pressure from Australian lobby groups that the Americans pressed 'formal' charges and released him back to Australia.

This is one of the worst human rights cases in American and Australian history ever.
No Geneva convention rules happening anywhere near Guantanamo....

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 04:41:52 PM »

hmm not to familar with this... Was he a solider??
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:47:39 PM »

Yeah, I don't like the way Guantanamo is used. In fact, it often looks detestable. The world leader cannot abuse human rights, and then wag a finger at the starving and the sick in Africa for its abuses. Securing human rights for the whole world is imo the most important matter of global politics right now.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 10:07:20 PM »

What does the rest of the world think about the treatment of Aussie David Hicks who was locked up for 5 years in Guantanamo Bay without being formally charged. He was locked up and badly mistreated/tortured by American 'interogators' who asserted that he was a terroist because he did some army training in Afganastan.

It was only this year when they finally broke his spirit and as a result of pressure from Australian lobby groups that the Americans pressed 'formal' charges and released him back to Australia.

This is one of the worst human rights cases in American and Australian history ever.

What Army was he training with in Afghanistan?

Obviously an Australian furthering his military career by training with the Taliban is in no way suspicious... I'm sure he was in no way a danger to the western world...

If you don't want fleas, don't lay with dogs.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 11:30:31 PM »

Whether he's actually guilty of something or was conspiring with terrorists...I don't know.  But I'm not a big fan of people being held without charges.  Temporarily, while a case is prepared...ok.  But not this seemingly endless process.  If they're Taliban, let them be considered POWs, since we're still engaging Taliban forces.  That's fair, and in accordance with the Conventions.  But they aren't held as POWs, and the Bush administration is trying to claim that that means they're not covered by Geneva, which is shit.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 11:12:59 AM »

Whether he's actually guilty of something or was conspiring with terrorists...I don't know.? But I'm not a big fan of people being held without charges.? Temporarily, while a case is prepared...ok.? But not this seemingly endless process.? If they're Taliban, let them be considered POWs, since we're still engaging Taliban forces.? That's fair, and in accordance with the Conventions.? But they aren't held as POWs, and the Bush administration is trying to claim that that means they're not covered by Geneva, which is shit.

Are you kidding me?!?!Geneva Concention protects soliders.. Not cowards who dress up as little old ladies and suicide bomb evrything  no
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 08:07:19 PM »

Whether he's actually guilty of something or was conspiring with terrorists...I don't know.? But I'm not a big fan of people being held without charges.? Temporarily, while a case is prepared...ok.? But not this seemingly endless process.? If they're Taliban, let them be considered POWs, since we're still engaging Taliban forces.? That's fair, and in accordance with the Conventions.? But they aren't held as POWs, and the Bush administration is trying to claim that that means they're not covered by Geneva, which is shit.

Are you kidding me?!?!Geneva Concention protects soliders.. Not cowards who dress up as little old ladies and suicide bomb evrything? no

But you see, David Hicks wasn't even charged with that ^

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »

Whether he's actually guilty of something or was conspiring with terrorists...I don't know.  But I'm not a big fan of people being held without charges.  Temporarily, while a case is prepared...ok.  But not this seemingly endless process.  If they're Taliban, let them be considered POWs, since we're still engaging Taliban forces.  That's fair, and in accordance with the Conventions.  But they aren't held as POWs, and the Bush administration is trying to claim that that means they're not covered by Geneva, which is shit.

Definitely agree. But that douchebag should be glad he gets to serve out a sentence in the comfort of an Australian prison, given that he was fighting for people who treat their prisoners  by beheading them , disembowelling them and leaving them to die in the desert, or ripping them apart with their limbs tied to motorcycles.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 08:53:42 PM »

But there is no evidence that it was Al Queda that he was training with.
I heard that it was a Thai? unit he was with - just using the equipment......

David Hicks did 5 years hard time in Guantanamo - he is a broken man.......

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 09:18:09 PM »

But there is no evidence that it was Al Queda that he was training with.
I heard that it was a Thai? unit he was with - just using the equipment......

David Hicks did 5 years hard time in Guantanamo - he is a broken man.......

His father stated that he fought for the Taliban and what I posted above is what the Taliban does.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 09:30:56 PM »

The torture techniques used by the Americans on David Hicks should also be under scrutiny. Hell, even the English pulled their men out of there for humane reasons.

Just beacause the American techniques aren't as obvious as ripping off limbs whilst being tied to motorbikes doesn't mean they aren't as bad.....

You either survive your limb being ripped off by a motorbike or you don't.........

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 11:33:02 PM »

The torture techniques used by the Americans on David Hicks should also be under scrutiny. Hell, even the English pulled their men out of there for humane reasons.

Just beacause the American techniques aren't as obvious as ripping off limbs whilst being tied to motorbikes doesn't mean they aren't as bad.....

You either survive your limb being ripped off by a motorbike or you don't.........

Not one motorbike, four motorbikes. How about beheading, what's the survival rate for that?

VIP

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 11:36:44 PM »

He should have thought about that the shit would hit the fan if he played with talibans.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2007, 11:40:08 PM »

Are you kidding me?!?!Geneva Concention protects soliders.. Not cowards who dress up as little old ladies and suicide bomb evrything  no

Actually, they protect much more than soldiers.  You should read it, before making such limited assertions. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 12:09:00 AM »

Not one motorbike, four motorbikes. How about beheading, what's the survival rate for that?

What's the survival rate for 5 years of psychological torture?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 12:20:09 AM »

Higher than the rate for beheading.

stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 12:24:50 AM »

Higher than the rate for beheading.

At least that's a nice clean cut ^

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 12:20:29 PM »

Definitely agree. But that douchebag should be glad he gets to serve out a sentence in the comfort of an Australian prison, given that he was fighting for people who treat their prisoners  by beheading them , disembowelling them and leaving them to die in the desert, or ripping them apart with their limbs tied to motorcycles.

If he's guilty of something, then by all means imprison him.  I just don't believe that we need to sink to the level of torturing POWs or "enemy combatants."

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 01:14:01 PM »

If he's guilty of something, then by all means imprison him.  I just don't believe that we need to sink to the level of torturing POWs or "enemy combatants."

I agree totally. But he's extremely low on my sympathy list.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 03:07:15 PM »

Beheading people is a little more harsh than what he went thru at Guantanamo.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: